Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 6/2/2008 12:32:00 AM

This is a great low budget, basic moisturizer. I'm in my early 20's and like to take care of my skin with good cleansers, masks, exfoliating treatments, serums, eye cream, sunblock, and the occasional facial. I've been on an ongoing search for my HG of moisturziers that doesn't break the bank. One day I decided to try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for my face and I really do like it. It truly leaves my skin hydrated without breaking it out or reacting weird with my makeup or other skincare products. ( Just a side note, I have oily skin.) This cream does not make claims to erase lines, have antioxidants, or anything like that which I understand. Bottom line: It's cheap, I get a whole tub a Costco for I think $12 or something; it fulfills its only claim, which is to hydrate my skin; and is sensitive. If you need a cream with more bells and whistles, this is not the product for you, but if you have sensitive, dry, good skin, definitely give this a shot.

UPDATE: This cream is a bit to heavy for my face, after not using this for a month the little bumps that appeared underneath my skin mostly dissappeared. But as an overall body moisturizer, this stuff is still great.

I DO use this stuff on my face and I swear by it! I use it in my evening routine in which I use Philosophy's purity or the microdelivery wash (I alternate), BE's skin revver upper, this cetaphil cream, and then MD's hydra pure skin firming eye cream. My skin has never looked better! My pores are not clogged and I have never broken out from using it on my face. I have combination, sensitive, breakout prone skin. The only thing that could be changed is the packaging; it's in a jar and a pump bottle or regular botlle would probably be a little better.

on 5/20/2008 11:11:00 PM

Yeaaa, like the review below me, I wouldn't suggest putting this on your face. I have before since I needed some heavy duty stuff for my SUPER dry skin...bad idea. Not only did it turn my face into an oil slick, it felt heavy and gross AND I broke out the next day.

But anyway, on to the nice part:
I LOVE that it has no fragrance, plus it does moisturize really well. I use it on my body and right now it's my HG.

on 5/20/2008 2:20:00 PM

I needed a good moisturizer for my face, and since I thought Cetaphil was more of a face brand, I figured I could use this. I don't know if that's bad, but it definately made my face a little crazy and broken out so I stopped using it and it took about a week for my skin to get back to normal. I also don't like that it's in a tub and you jsut stick your hand in it, I would think that would cause a lot of bacteria to get in there. I would use this on the body because it's very softening, just wouldnt' suggest it for the face :/

on 5/16/2008 8:30:00 PM

A simple and excellent body cream. It will be too thick for my face. But it is great for my body and hands. It is fragrance free and colorant free and my skin loves it.

I use this cream in combination with LacHydrin Five lotion. The LacHydrin lotion contains AHA which is a good exfoliator. But LacHydrin is not moisturizing enough. Cetaphil fills the gap.

Will keep buying. BTW, if you are a costco member, you will be able to get this cream at Costco a lot cheaper. Of course, it is cheap to begin with, but it never hurts to save.

on 5/12/2008 4:49:00 PM

i just saw a jar of this lying around the house so i started using this on my body and it moisturizes really well! it's cheap so you will definitly use it for a long time. it's worth the money.

on 5/11/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is a really great moisturizer. I use it for my body only. I wasn't really paying attention that it was sold next the skincare products. The product is no frills and does exactly what it says it will do: moisturize without fragrance or irritating the skin. I put some on in the morning after I shower and it lasts all day. Costco sells a large 20oz tub of this for $10. So the price cannot be beat.

on 5/9/2008 6:40:00 PM

I love this product, it is very inexpensive, lasts forever and works great on my sensitive skin. I use it on my face, hands and body at night and wake up in the morning silky soft. Best of all it doesn't make me breakout! I will defiantly be purchasing this product again.

on 5/9/2008 1:14:00 PM

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my HG Moisturizer!
First off, I used it on my face, it gives such great feeling on my face!
I thought it was a bit too greasy but it absorbs very well, if you pat your face after applying it.
My face is really smooth and flake-free now! I had some acnes and due to BP, my skin was very flaky and dry, but after using this product my face remarkably improved its texture.
and I began to apply it on my body and it's great! It gives such a smooth skin all over...
I used to spend 2-3 times more on face moisturizer and body cream before I found this product but Cetaphil does work for me at very affordable price! and it's really easy to find! in fact, it's everywhere.... like big drug stores...
The only con is the packaging! if you tend to use it on your body only then I guess the jar packaging is okay...

TIP: If you go to Wal-mart, they had a little tube packaging along w/ this big jar too! I have both of the jar & tube type; jar for my body and tube for my face :D

on 5/7/2008 9:32:00 PM

I can't live without the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. This cream might feel oily/greasy at first, but once your skin gets used to it, it will do wonders. I use it morning and night and leaves my face hydrated all day! When I have dry red patches on my skin, I use this product twice a day, and it goes away fairly quickly. I have used more high-end brands (SKII & La Mer), but nothing works better on my skin than Cetaphil. I highly recommend this product! Cannot beat the price!

Popular Moisturizers