August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love finding inexpensive drugstore staples! This fragrance-free, color-free cream is great for super-dry, sensitive skin. It's very thick and creamy and instantly moisturizes parched skin without feeling greasy. It's a great value: you get a HUGE tub for around $10-$12 (depending upon where you buy it). My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a large, bulky plastic jar. I really dislike products that you have to dip your fingers into -- it just doesn't seem very hygenic. However, I believe you can get this product in a tube, which I will definitely look for when it's time to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 4:15:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I really really wanted to like this item. actually this is the 3rd time I'm revising my review for this product. I used cetaphil cleanser for years, because I use clarisonic and cleanser consumption is enormous and cetaphil is so gentle and cheap. I love cetaphil.

but cleanser is the only thing worked for me. I used cetaphil cream and it is to oily for my face, it broke me out, I hadn't have cysts on my sideburns for half a year and I now had 3 big ones. whenever I used cetaphil, my cysts felt itchy and burning and growing, when i stopped. they calmed down too. so i now use cream as a body lotion.

I think it's the petro that I'm not able to cope with, petro is used to get gasoline, and i cannot use petroleum and anything with high contents of petro, I had problem with.
sad...it's so moisturing and so cheap.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like it heaps better than the Cetaphil lotion. Absorbs a lot faster and perfect for my sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I used it on my face, and within a couple of uses it killed the top layer of my skin. It made the dead skin a shade darker and it started to peel. Looked like vertigo!! it was so horrible!! I tried it twice 6 months apart to see if it was just me and same thing happened. I dont have sensitive skin and I have never had a reaction like that with anything else. laaame.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am just not at all impressed with the few products I have tried in the Cetaphil line at all. I used a small amount, applied all over my face and neck area, blended well (or so I thought) and went on to allow it to "sit/set" and absorb into the skin. I then applied my make up and noticed that I had moisturizer that hadn't absorbed into my skin and neck area and again, I used a very small amount of this product. I also noticed that it's very oily which is not an "attractive" look for anyone. I am definitely not going to purchase this product or any Cetaphil products no matter how many rave reviews I hear or read on the Cetaphil line. Overall rating/grade from personal experience/trial: "F" and I underscore that "F" :(((

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by asoka

I used Cetaphil cream with great success for four years both at night and day under my makeup. Then for some reason, I decided it was time to start using moisturizers that touted anti-aging benefits. I have tried Olay, Ponds, Garnier, Avon, Clinique, and more than that I had been eyeballing even more expensive creams by Philosophy.

The dry skin on my face was getting out of control after moving to a colder climate. With the holidays coming up I thought it was best for me to just get an old favorite rather than waste more money on a gamble of a face cream. After one night of using Cetaphil my skin straightened out, no more dry uncomfortable areas, just smooth soft skin. I will even dare to say I look fresher and younger, it seems to plump out what little lines I do have. Now I know why I was loyal to this stuff for so long!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA, I've found another great product. I've seen this moisturizer many times at the drugstore, but never thought to use it on my face (since it doesn't specifically say "facial moisturizer"). It leaves my face nice and soft, without a greasy shine. I also use it on my 2 year old daughter. I use the type that comes in a tube...I think it's more sanitary than sticking my fingers in a jar! Also, since it's so inexpensive I don't feel guilty using it all over the rest of my body, too. This isn't a miracle product, just a good, basic moisturizer at a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jennina717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am oily sensitive, but now im on actonin which makes my face really dry. I used SK-II advance sign treatment and it made me burnt on cheeks and jaw lines. It became brown and scaly. I used Shiseido many moisturizers and All Day All year, it helped a little but after an hour it became dry again. I tried Cetaphil and my face is very moisted and soft and supple.

I will stop using it when I stop taking actonin and I would become oily again. Cetaphil should be too heavy for my oily face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 8:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsoursuzy

This cream caused burning and stinging! I was looking for a thicker face cream for night time and since I LOVE the cleanser, I figured this would be great too. The reviews here sounded good too. The consistency was what I was looking for, but not that reaction! I guess it just depends on the individual, so be careful if you're thinking about trying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 6:59:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it really is hard to beat cetaphil if you have dry,sensitive skin.Considering the price,it really does work wonders.I find at night I need a bit of a heavier cream(really dry skin) but this is perfect for daytime wear....packaging is of course what you would expect from a cheaper product but it holds up pretty well.
I find it works really well for me,but my bf gave it a few tries and had a really bad breakout so it really depends on the individual I guess.
I tried to cetaphil lotion for a while and find I like using the cream without the matching cleanser a bit better...the cleanser can be drying.
All in all a great,cheap product that goes on smoothly and most importantly leaves your skin hydrated and non-irritated all day.