July 25, 2014 | 983 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a chronically clogged pore on my cheek-- looked like a little black freckle. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. BHAs, scrubs, everything I could think of. Recently bought a Clarisonic and have been using it for several weeks-- about three weeks-- and that pore has been shrinking daily. In fact, it may be gone. The black is gone and the pore has shrunken considerably. Honestly, it was there for a YEAR or more and now it is finally gone! Hooray for Clarisonic!!! It has worked on the smattering of blackheads on my nose as well. And my skin is as smooth as a baby's butt. Majorly exfoliated. I just use the sensitive skin brush that came with the Clarisonic. I also used the Clarisonic cleanser that came with my Mia. I'll be replacing it, now that it's about gone, with something from the drugstore. I got the Mia from Sephora during the Friends & Family sale-- so I got about a $20.00 discount. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend the Mia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I broke down and bought this because I was at a breaking point with my skin. I have been dealing with acne for over ten years now, and have tried almost everything to get rid of it, to no avail. I was hesitant to spend as much as I did on this, and skeptical of whether or not it would work for me.
I've been using it for 2 months now, and while it hasn't cleared up my acne, it has otherwise changed my skin completely, and I couldn't be happier with my investment.
Almost immediately after I started using it, I noticed that my T-zone, which is usually extremely oily, was slightly less oily. The difference here hasn't been dramatic, but it's definitely noticeable, and I'm happy with it.
It's winter, and I live in New York, so my skin tends to get dry and flaky. On top of that, I am using the Clinique 3-Step Acne Solutions System, which is notoriously drying. Since I've started using this, I have experienced only minor dryness and NO flakiness at all. I could skip moisturizer altogether if I wanted to (I don't, but I could), and my skin would still be flake-free because of this.
Two months ago, I had a lot of blackheads and whiteheads. My whiteheads have disappeared completely, and while this hasn't made the pre-existing blackheads disappear, very few new ones have come up since I started using this. As a result, my skin feels smoother and softer in general.
While I still do break out, my blemishes are smaller than they used to be, and they heal about twice as quickly as they did before. I hadn't expected that at all. Also, I have discoloration from acne scars on my face, and this has helped to minimize their appearance immensely. So, in that way, this is great for people with acne-prone skin.

Notably, I did break out horribly within the first 1-4 weeks of using this. While it was unpleasant, I expected it to happen, and my skin has calmed down since.

I've read many other reviews on this product that talk about pores shrinking, lotions sinking into the skin easier, make-up lasting longer, and skin that glows. I haven't experienced these things at all, but given all of the other things that this has done for my skin, I think that this is a great product, regardless.
Needless to say, I would definitely make this investment again if I needed to. I absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

The Clarisonic Mia definitely cleanses pores very well. I have acne prone and sensitive skin prone to tons of whitehead and blackhead. Previously I have been using a sea sponge to cleanse my face. Sea sponges are really good stuff as well. They are cheap and efficient in removing whiteheads. But sea sponges are not able to deep cleanse pores. I would say sea sponges are like USD$2 each but gives u a value of 75% efficiency. Clarisonic Mia is USD$149 but gives u a value of 95%. Its not a miracle product. I have only been using them for 2 weeks and I can see a dramatic drop in my whiteheads (I am referring to those stuck underneath my skin). Yeah I am not born with very good skin.

Skin glows after using Clarisonic as well. I am having problems convincing my frens to buy clarisonic as its not cheap. But gals, if you can spend $80 on a facial, u can buy clarisonic for $149. Better so, buy it at skinstore.com whereby u get 20% off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by merryface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 months now and wanted to wait a few months before actually doing a review. Like many of you I read all the awesome reviews online and it convinced me to test it out and see if it'll really work on my skin type. I was nervous about purchasing this at first because I've never spent this much money on a beauty product before. But after 2 months of daily usage (2 times a day) I think this is a great tool to have for your skincare routine. It is very pricey but definitely worth every penny! The first week I broke out like crazy but I managed to calm my skin down w/ Aloe Vera and Olay Sensitive Skin Gentle Foaming Face Wash w/ Aloe. My skin has never looked better and I'm starting to see that I'm no longer breaking out as much as I used to and my pores are shrinking. It does come w/ a travel size cleanser that I've used once or twice but I feel that it didn't really do anything so I set it aside for now. Anyways I'm excited and can't wait to see what happens next =) Thanks Clarisonic!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Wildangel105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

SKIN TYPE: Sensitive/Combo
ACNE?: Hormonal/Stress triggered
SKIN PROBLEMS: Blackheads around my nose; really tight, small pores

With the Mia, my initial concerns were primarily related to how touchy my skin can be, but I was extremely curious, so after debating for several months, I opted to buy one from Lovelyskin.com.

When it arrived in the mail, I was immediately able to conclude that the brush felt perfect for my skin and the device itself feels sturdy and well-made.

Excited, I immediately took it for a go in the bath, despite the "Charge for 24 hours" label.

The results? I love this thing! After I used it, my skin felt so smooth and clean like it never had before (I've tried everything, from low end St. Ives scrub to higher end Dermalogica Gentle Exfoliant). The second time my Mia and I had an encounter was in the shower after I had let my face steam for 20 minutes. Again, my face felt amazing afterwards. And just last night, I used it before masking to give myself a mini facial.

Regardless of the short time I've had this device, my skin has never looked this good. For more complete details, I've included a list of the products below, as well as how I use them, in conjunction with the Mia--

CLEANSER: Olay Sensitive Skin Gentle Foaming Face Wash w/ Aloe -- every time I cleanse

DAY MOISTURIZER: Olay Complete w/ SPF 15 -- every morning under MU and primer

FACIAL MIST: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater (no alcohol!) -- after I cleanse and to set my MU

NIGHT MOISTURIZER: Mario Badescu Chamomile Nigh Cream -- every night

NIGHT TREATMENT: Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle -- every other night

MASK: Korres Yoghurt Mask -- used 3 times a week

When used in conjunction with the Clarisonic, my skin just seems to absorb all these products better. As a result, it just GLOWS. This morning, after my mini-facial, my skin was just gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring. Even now, I keep touching my face to feel how smooth it is. Better even, the pores on my nose that are typically huge and congested with oil and filth are already smaller and cleaner looking.

BUY THIS! You will LOVE it. It is like a mini-facial every time I shower and my skin is lovin' it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Zelah90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great cleanser to have. It makes me feel that my skin had been cleansed deep into the pores & my dead skin have been scrubbed off. But it gave me breakouts for the 1st few tries. Overall, It's worth buying.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by aopi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a combination skin with flaky cheeks and chins, but oily noses. Initially I didn't know what to do with my face. After i saw clarisonic mia on youtube, i tried it.

Initially, I broke out and doubted out the brush, and i changed several types of cleansers. Finally, after 2 months, I'm using cetaphil for oilywith the brush and my skin is wonderful and glowy =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxofoxiexoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing!. I'm 26 and have been batting ance for 6 years. I love how the MIA cleans and exfoliates my skin. The MIA is so effective that it prepares my skin to absorb my lotions and creams. I use benzoyl peroxide all over to treat acne. Since I have been using the mia, I have noticed that my acne is almost completely gone! I started out with the sensitive brush for 3 weeks and graduated to the normal brush, which works better for my really oily skin. I have been using it for a little over 4 weeks now and I have to say this product is worth every penny! It's not an over night solution and you do have to commit to using it every day but I promise you will see results. I recommend this product to all my friends and family and I've even got.my husband using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by csolvang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Been using the Mia for one month, my 12yr old daughter and I love it ,we each have our own brush attachments(sensitive brush).for me it has made my face clearer,smoother,with very little product used,I use Dior foaming cleanser with it ..for my daughter it has done the same&also clears breakouts quicker,she uses clean&clear advantage kit .so IMO it's worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

I really wanted to like this product and I did feel that it gave a deep cleaning to my skin, however it didnt do much in clearing my skin. It may be that I am not using the right cleanser with it, but overall I find it redundant. The dermatologist prescribed me a bunch of other things and said not to use th eClarisonic as it collects bacteria on the brush head so I am returning it tomorrow.