Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for $189 at Sephora (Canada). It was SO much, but I really wanted to try this. I have been using it for about a month, and honestly I didn't like it during the first three weeks. I have acne prone skin, but I didn't have any breakouts when I started using this product... but then all of a sudden I started breaking out on my cheeks, my forehead, chin, etc. I felt like the Clarisonic was making my skin worse. SO, instead of using it morning and night, I only used it at night time. My skin is flawless now. It looks beautiful and I couldn't be happier. I think the Clarisonic is a great buy, but I think that if you have acne prone skin like me you should only use it once a day.

EDIT: I only use this 2-3 times a week now. This helps get my skin really clean. It is also the only thing that seems to get rid of my dry patches. I don't use this on active acne, because I find that it makes it worse. But this does work well on clogged pores, etc. I have super sensitive skin and was worried this might cause some broken capillaries....but so far I haven't noticed any new ones. I tend to get them when I squeeze acne on my nose, but the Mia has not bothered them.

Overall, I recommend this product. It's great for getting your pores really clean. It doesn't clear up all clogged pores, but it does help. I recommend this for people with dry skin (use a soap-free/gentle cleanser for sensitive skin with this). I have used lots of different chemical exfoliants, but none seem to get rid of dry patches like the Mia does. I also recommend not using this for the full minute if you have sensitive skin. I use this for only 30 seconds on my face and it works great. I think this product can potentially work for everyone, but you just have to play around with it a bit to get the best routine for your skin.

on 2/7/2011 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased the Clarisonic at the beginning of this year because I needed to treat myself to something after a year-end bonus and having missed my family's holidays for work. It was one of the better purchases I've made. I bought it on askderm.com and paid $103 after discounts. I used it once a day and have charged it twice so far (plus the initial charge). I usually use it for at least a minute and a half if not two when I'm in the shower. I find that my moisturizer absorbs better and faster with this than it did before. My skin is definitely looking better and has a little bit of a healthy, rosy glow (a friend actually asked if I'd been on vacation...I wish).

I definitely did go through a purging stage. In fact, I was initially using it twice daily, but small whiteheads were popping up pretty quickly so I cut back to slow it down so that I didn't really look broken out at any given time. I usually get one HUGE hormonal (or so I assumed) pimple a month, but that hasn't happened since I started using the Clarisonic. My skin is smoother and has fewer blemishes than it did before. It seems to have made a small difference in a few hyperpigmentation spots I had as well, although they are still there.

One tip: just before you finish washing your face, run the brush over your lips. Best lip exfoliant EVER. When you put on moisturizer, add some lip balm and your lips will look fantastic all day.

on 2/7/2011 1:20:00 PM

I am so happy I purchased the Mia! I agonized over getting it or the larger system, but the Mia is perfect! After seeing my skin improve I doubt more bells and whistles could make this thing better!
I have always had trouble finding skin care regimes that worked for me until I got the Mia. I have sensitive normal/sometimes combo skin an things were always too harsh or didnt do anythhng. My skin would be okay for awhile but I have gone through periods of terrible jawline breakouts that's I had never experienced. Using the Mia at night for two weeks made my skin brand new and soft. I don't have to waste money finding delicate scrubs anymore, this brush is a do it all.
I use Philosophy Purity with it and it removes all makeup. If my skin is dry that night I wash with Lush Aqua Marina first then put the Purity over it and brush away. My skin is soft, clean and not irritated. After the first initial weeks of use I haven't gotten a single breakout, woo!
Highly recommend!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this off of the shopping channel here in Canada for a pretty good price. I first found out about it from the many youtube gurus that recieved one and claimed nice results. So I figured it would be worth a try and if it didn't work out I could always return it. Well I didn't return it and I've been using it for about 2 months and now I don't think I can do without it. Initially for the first 3 weeks I used it twice a day, now it's down to once a day before bedtime because I don't want to over do it. It works wonderfully with my mary kay timewise cleanser btw and a little product spreads like a dream with the help of this device. I will tell you that It has made a HUGE difference in my skin tone and texture. I wasn't expecting it to be honest but after a few weeks I noticed that my blemished face started to look brighter and a similar tone as the rest of my body (not darker like it has been most of my life after strong acne treatments as a teen). I even use it under my neck where it's noticeable masked or hyper pigmented and in the last few days I have noticed a major fading. This to me is a break through. Now I don't know it this product is supposed to help with these things or not but seriously nothing else has changed in my skin care routine. I use mary kay for several years (which I also love), I exfoliate my face and neck weekly without the help of this product and I haven't noticed this change before. Anyways, I'm a firm believer in this product now and If I could buy another one as back up I would. My mom also bought one but hasn't been using it consistently so I'll tell her to save it for me just in case. If I could give this more than 5 lippies I would give it 6 or 7.

on 2/5/2011 8:41:00 PM

I've had a history with this. I first bought it late last summer. Tried it and liked it until it broke me out. I took it back to Sephora.

2nd story: I started on Differin, a prescription retinoid, and I had these dry flakies all over and rough patches of dry skin. It was ridiculous. After doing some research I bought Cerave which seriously calmed down my irritated, burning skin, and the second thing I did was buy the Mia. I had read that it really helped to exfoliate the flakies and dry patches. BOY does it ever! I use it in the shower before putting on makeup and my skin is free and clear of any flakies and looks incredibly healthy and young thanks to the retenoid. I'm 38 and my skin looks like its 10 years younger again.

The only reason why it doesn't have 5 lippes is that it's such a ridiculous price!

on 2/5/2011 2:03:00 PM

I love, love, love my Clarisonic Mia. My skin looks and feels so much smoother since I started using it. I do agree that even the sensitive brush can be a little harsh on the skin, especially in the winter, so I started using the delicate brush heads, and they work great.

on 2/5/2011 1:55:00 PM

I don't own, nor have ever used, the "regular" Clarisonic, only the Mia. Have been using it for about 7-8 weeks. I really like it! Much better than having to use washcloths and does a more thorough job. I only use it once per day, at night. Tried using it 2x's per day but that seemed to be too drying here in the winter. My skin is acne prone and the sensitive brush head that it came with does the job. When I need a replacement brush I think I may try the normal brush. Love that it's waterproof and that the recharger is small. I faithfully wash the brush in antibacterial soap 1x per week and recharge. Overall very happy.

on 2/4/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the Mia. My face feels smooth and clean. I use it with Cetaphil cleanser, and my skin is so clear. One drawback is that in the winter, my skin is very sensitive, and I can only use the Mia every second night, as I sometimes feel the brush is a bit harsh on my cheeks (even with the sensitive brush).

on 2/3/2011 12:46:00 AM

I was sooooo hopeful, optimistic, and excited to try the Clarisonic in hopes it would eliminate my breakouts, even out my skin tone, and just give a polished, refined look to my face. Unfortunately, it made my skin so utterly broken out and horrible that I don't even want to go out of the house. =( I heard some people purge when initially using this, so I attributed my breakouts to purging, but when it kept getting worse and worse, and b/c they were huge, red, throbbing cysts all over my face, I knew it wasn't just purging. I ultimately decreased usage to a few times a week using a gentle cleanser, but alas, my pores kept erupting and my somewhat okay skin now literally looks like pepperoni pizza. I reeeeally wanted this to be my HG and be as fabulous as everyone else thinks it is, but it just wasn't for me. =(

on 1/31/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Upon returning from a long trip in warm parts of Asia earlier this month, my skin went haywire in the cold, dry, bitterness of New England winter. My skin went from oily/combination to extra extra dry. It felt like I was touching raw hide! So I finally caved a last week and purchased this item...and it was THE BEST $150 I've ever spent. Not only did it buffer off the raw, dry layer, but it gave me a new layer of skin that has never looked so good!

The best example on my face would be my chin. It has been a persistent oily spot with weird bumps..like those "acne bombs" that's waiting to come out one day? But after just 2 days of using the Mia, my chin is soooo soft upon touch and the visibility of those bumps decreased dramatically.

I never wanted to believe that this brush was life changing or what not. Still, I think it is a luxury and not a necessity. If ppl were careful and timely with their exfoliations, they can achieve similar results. Mia has just made this step so much easier.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools