October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. It's my favorite one that I've tried so far. It doesn't cake, and stays on all day. The only thing I rated low was the packaging, since it doesn't come with the pump like the displays do, so I feel like I end up using more product than I normally would.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Coleeee

I have tried many foundations and I have found this to be the best one I've ever used. I tend to get small under the skin slots on my forehead and chin but I must say that since using this foundation they have reduced dramatically. If you're the kind of person that is prone to spots then I'd suggest getting the Nars Sheer Matte foundation as it's oil-free.
The foundation itself is lovely, it's feels silky smooth and skin looks completely flawless. It might be a little pricey for the amount of product that's in the bottle but you only do just use a pea-sized amount of the foundation, this stuff spreads far which is awesome! :)
I think that the vast amount of shades is impressive too as there's a shade that suits everybody. I'm really really pale skinned and it's hard for me too find the right shade, thankfully I found Nars! I wear the shade 'Mont Blanc' and matches my skin perfectly, if you're really pale and have pink undertones to your skin then this shade will probably be right for you.
I also wear Nars concealer and pressed powder and I must say that these are also brilliant, all of these products really do give you a flawless finish to your face when they are used together.
I was first initially going to buy Sheer Matte as opposed to Sheer Glow as I thought I wouldn't get enough coverage with Sheer Glow...how wrong I was! With this foundation you can create any kind of coverage, from light to full. This I think is brilliant! I have to say that even though I do like a full coverage I tend to wear this foundation as a light coverage, it makes your skin glow and look super healthy.
I really would go and buy this foundation if you're looking for the perfect one, it's just simply amazing! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by volaregirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation. For months, I've been saving up for Barcelona (I'm NC40 in MAC) and when I finally purchased it, I was ecstatic. Upon opening the box, I was displeased to find out that Sheer Glow didn't come with a pump. For such an expensive product, a pump should be mandatory! I was told I could purchase it for an additional fee, but no thanks.

Now on to the product itself. Upon application, Sheer Glow didn't really impress me. Though it blended well on my skin color, the foundation kind of sat on top of my face and accentuated my pores. I wasn't impressed by the coverage either, which I can describe as only average. However, I continued on with my usage. When I used it on a dance event a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised. Sheer Glow, when heavily layered on, offers full coverage that's so photogenic it almost made me cry. I looked FANTASTIC in all my photos! And it stayed on despite hours on the dance floor. I was impressed!

However, after one week of everyday usage, I noticed that my cheeks started to get bumpy and painful. However, since Sheer Glow covered most marks well, I didn't realize the extent of the damage until close inspection one night to find that it broke me out in multiple, painful, HUGE cystic pimples all over my cheeks. I was horrified! They are healing now, and have stopped spreading since I stopped my NARS usage, but they have left dark, ugly crater marks which make me cry.

Giving two lippies for the good coverage when layered heavily and the photogenic qualities. I wanted to love this badly but the damage is horrifying. Not for sensitive skinned women! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautyIdol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After much deliberation I finally took the plunge and bought Nars Sheer Glow. I got colour matched at Harvey Nicholls, the MA was extremely knowledgable and matched me perfectly (although wasn't keen on the overkill of cross-selling additional products such a primer etc). I'm quite fair skinned but Nars had a wide range of foundations to suit all sorts of skin types - very impressive! I normally go for a matt foundation as so many of the satin foundations give you a 'plastic' face - I was pleasantly suprised with Nars. The application is effortless, in fact I've never had a foundation that glides on so smoothly and so easy to work with. I use a MAC 187 brush which gives an even and flawless finish that literally does 'glow' - it's not too shiny, not to matt, the finish is just right. In particular I've been experiencing dry skin around my t-zone and cheeks as I've got older - this foundation has masked the dryness and really makes your skin look even/healthy, a considerable improvement (this was one of my reservations about buying due to previous reviews by dry skin users - I certainly didn't experience it). The foundation is a medium coverage but very light feeling - I really don't feel like I'm wearing it which is a huge plus for me. Cost wise I personally find this reasonable (I've previously been using Sisley which is double the price with no comparison to the finish). So there you have it, in case you hadn't already realised I love and highly recommend this product - believe in the hype, it's truly a must-have product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i dont like how the top of the foundation gets so dirty eww . yeah but this foundation is pretty good cause it stays on for a long time & gives good coverage :]

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Nc20 in mac. I got this in shade Siberia and it was way too yellow.
This foundation has great coverage, however I do not recommend this for people with dry skin because this will dry your skin up even more. The finish isnt as great as I had hoped. Probably because my skin is so dry that this caused it to look a bit flaky and unnatural. This went back to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what possessd me to buy this.
I am very picky with base products and usually stick to the few lines that deliver.

I was matched to two shades. Yes, two! One was way too orange and the other way too yellow. When first applied, one of the shades seemed perfect but when I checked in the back mirror of my car in day light (the ultimate colour match test for me), the foundation made itself home in all my fine lines and nestled into my pores and flakes.

I always apply primer and set with powder after foundation.
Thinking it was the method of application, I tried a paddle brush, buff with Sephora#55, fingers, wet sponge etc.

I don't mind working with products that take a little time to apply correctly like my KA SSE, but I will not work with products that don't work with me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this foundation makes my skin look natural and healthy. It has a satin finish with average cover, so if you're looking for a full coverage foundation then this isn't for you. But overall I've recieved alot of compliments on how good my skin looks while wearing this foundation and I do feel like this foundation has made my skin softer, which I love. I prefer this product over the Makeup Forever HD foundation and would buy this product again. Only downside to this is that there is no pump for the price you pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by djackrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the look of this foundation and the finish it left on my face. However, compared to my HG Dior Nude foundation, it didn't hold up - 1) I can feel it on my face, which is something that doesnt happen with Dior Nude 2) I HATE the container, I would much rather prefer a pump instead of tapping it on to the back of my hand.

The color is great, the finish is great, and the lasting power is great. I wouldnt repurchase though because it is $$$ and quite heavy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed in this product. I got it in Ceylan, which was the nearest colour the SA at Sephora could find for me (unfortunately, Sephora isn't allowed to carry all their colours but I don't think it would have made a difference). It is way too yellow for my pink toned complexion and all the other shades that Nars makes that are the right depth of colour are, by Nars's own descriptions, too yellow or too peach. I'm NW 20 in MAC and can't imagine what people with my colouring would do if they wanted Nars.

At this price point, the bottle SHOULD have a pump...PERIOD!!! The foundation itself did not apply well on me - in addition to making me look yellow and sickly, it settled into the dreaded "dots" around and on my nose, in spite of wearing a primer (I've tried Nars's own primer, designed to work with this foundation and I've tried it with MAC Matte and others). Sometimes it applies "okay" but other times, I get the dots and it doesn't seem to matter whether I use my fingers, a sponge or Sephora's wonderful #55 brush.

I am very glad that I got a sample of this before buying (the SA suggested it since she was honest enough to say they just didn't have a good colour match for my skin so to try a sample first and see if I could live with it....bless her heart for her honesty; the only way I can LIVE with THIS foundation is if I want to look like "the LIVING dead" complete with DOTS!!!