November 23, 2014 | 1223 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased, but per the advise of many good reviewers it doesn't take much to provide lovely sheer coverage. This foundation feels so light and hydrating on my skin, I hardly know I have it on. It blends really well and seems to last all day at least in winter, not sure how it will be in the heat.
I am very impressed so far. Took off one lippy for the bottle with no pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alt629

I LOVE this foundation in Siberia. After years and years of searching for a perfect match for my very fair skin, I've finally found it with this shade. I'd estimate myself as probably an NC10 or lighter, and for a very long time now, I had been mixing "darker" foundations from MAC and Illamasqua with MAC strobe liquid to achieve a lighter (and glowy-er) shade. This foundation does all that in one product... glowy (dewy, not sparkly), and finally, the right color for me (pretty neutral also). I have far from perfect skin, and I'm also happy with the coverage from this foundation (I'd call it medium and buildable). The shade also comes in a matte finish, which I have not tried, but the color is just amazing. I spent $38 and some change for this, I believe sephora has it for $42, worth every penny if you ask me. Just a quick word on durability: have worn a month now without problems with it lasting all day. Temps have been 50-75 with humidity. I do have dry skin, for reference. I love, love, love this one. All you very fair skinned gals out there, do yourself a favor and pick this one up now!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kottk005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't last four hours on my combo skin. I didn't wear a primer underneath but I don't expect to have to wear a primer under foundations typically. I had a nice glow at two hours and then at four hours my T-zone was way too shiny. Blotted a bit which was helpful though the foundation appeared to separate on quite a bit, and my pores and skin texture seemed to be more pronounced with this foundation. I don't think the Sheer Matte version will be any better. I think this is one of the reasons I wasn't a fan of the Balanced or Oil-free foundations in the past. I have anyways enjoyed the color selection, just need more options. I am a NC20, I choose Deauville over Monte Blanc. I will be returning this to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favourite liquid foundation (shade: Mont Blanc), it was the only foundation I wore in 2010 and just got to the end of my first bottle at the turn of 2011 (8 months of use) and though I favour a TM and powder foundation for everyday wear at the moment (due to a breakout), I still use this foundation for special occasions and will return to it full time when my skin has calmed down.
The medium coverage finish is dewy rather than sparkly and friends I haven't seen in some time always comment on how healthy I'm looking which is largely down to the foundation. It wears well on my combination/oily skin, doesn't cake or feel mask-like and removes easily at the end of the day. It is expensive at £30-ish but worth every penny in my opinion, drugstore foundations just do not compare, I've already purchased a second bottle and am sure I will buy a third as I've never finished a liquid foundation before never mind bought another bottle of the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hgade

Loved the way this felt on my skin when i first applied and loved the initial look of it but hate the packaging ( no pump) and it did not last on my skin. Excellent coverage though. would definitely recommend for those with drier skin people who don't usually have problems with foundation lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted a bottle of liquid foundation that would tie me over until I saved up for an airbrush machine and a foundation with no SPF. Many recommended this, so I picked up a bottle. My biggest complaint would be the lack of pump, and it's a pretty big complaint for me. At least in the US, you can purchase the pump separately. In Canada, there is no way to buy the pump. The Nars website only ships to the US and Sephora and Nars counters do not carry the pump - it is online only. So that is a huge fail; the option is completely removed from me. So fellow Canucks, definitely worth noting if it's something important to you.

Other than that, this foundation is a very good one. Not "$55 for 1 fl oz" good, but it's worth a high-ish end price. The coverage is pretty solid medium and can be built up. I found it best to apply with my fingers. I got several compliments about how good my skin looked and how "glowy" I looked - exactly what I was going for! Also, no little shimmers like Revlon PhotoReady - this glows on its own. You don't need very much product which does make the high price tag sting a little bit less as this should last a pretty long while. They also have a shade that matches me very well (Siberia) which is rare as I'm very fair. Overall, my complaints about the product are few, and the ones I do have are not related to the performance of the product at all. Worth trying if you're looking for a beautiful glow and have a chunk of cash to spare.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the Product. Feels and looks so natural on skin. Packaging could include pump for the bottle. Pricing is little on the high side. But love the product, coz it does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by morganasd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation i have used so far!! it is very good for dry skin so its good for the dry spots on my cheeks. i use siberia( the lightest shade available and it looks practically white! the sephora lady laphed when i suggested it but it blends to match perfectly! i was origanally looking for laura mercier silk creme foundation, but they were way too dark for me. this one is amazing and doesnt separate by the day so thats great for me! it also doesnt enhance my large pores like most others do! the only downside is i have a very wierd textured nose- very oily but also very dry.... it creates excesive shine, but the skin is tight and has ver dry rough patches that never go away. the foundation absorbs into the dry skin and emphasizes it, but if i dont put very much on i can rub enough off that its not super noticable. overall loooove this!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after hearing that this was good for oily skin as well. I found that this caused my skin to have a thin layer on top. Definitely not a good look! I think this would be better suited for drier skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by starlettt30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product, one of the few makeup brands that can match to women of color. I am an NC50 in MAC Studio Sculpt, and the NARS Sheer Glow in New Orleans is only a smidgeon lighter, but it still blends out to match my skin color. I'm considering checking out the next color darker, but I think it will be too dark or reddish.

As for the coverage, it's medium build-able, satin/natural finish. Not too dewy, and not too matte, so probably not a good idea for ladies with very dry or very oily skin. I'm not to sure about the glow thing...I haven't noticed any illuminating qualities that are unique to this product but it definitely livens up my color with a nice golden rich undertone and prevents dullness.

Obviously a big con is the poor packaging due to the lack of a pump, but hey, I'll manage and may eventually purchase the one they sell.

For me the most important thing is color matching because of how difficult it is to find a match for brown skin, so that's why I like it more than my MAC. (I feel like I'm an NC47, which of course they don't even carry).

To combat dullness and enhance glow I'll stick to my raw unrefined shea butter, which is AMAZING!! It takes the best of all products and puts in in an ultra-concentrated miracle cream that has sunscreen, retinol (for anti-aging), emollients (for moisture), and Vitamin E (for scars and marks) among many other nutrients.