September 2, 2014 | 2196 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has taken me some time to get used to, at first I hated it and found it too cakey, and it just dissapered after only 4, 5 hours. And don't even get me started on the no-pump issue! The good thing is that I found a perfect colour match in Gobi.(I'm NC20 in Mac, 10 in Chanel) I tried a regular foundation brush, the 187 and 188, fingers, sponge. Nothing was perfect. The 188 and fingers were ok, but not super-good. I then purchased a flat top brush (E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush) - and voila! Flawless skin! It looks sheer and glowy, and just perfect.

I pump once, and put the foundation on my face, with my fingers, in little dots, where I need it. Then I take the brush and work it in evenly. And yes, buying the pump is totally worth it! It's a pain to get hold of, but it makes the distribution so much easier, it is too easy to take to much otherwise. I will repurchase when my bottle ends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Recently got into this foundation kick and based on all the reviews here and on youtube i narrowed it down to the Nars Sheer glow vs MUFE HD foundation.Tried them both in sephora side by side and this one wins texture/finsh wise..applies easily, very light and buildable..covers the imperfections well..the biggest con for me is the lack of pump..gosh for the money they charge for this thing can they not put in a pump..so cheap on their part..Its really a pain in the bu$$ to put this on my hand first..i am so scared that i will drop and break the damn bottle..that is my biggest con for this product. other than its a very nice foundation. Taking one lippie of for the lack of pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MrsJAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have oily skin but do not like the look of most matte foundations. It's hard for me to find the balance between "dewey" & OILY! But, this foundation is that balance for me. I am a NC15-20 in MAC & I ended up being Deauville in this Sheer Glow. I originally thought I was Fiji, but after wearing it a few times I realized it was too yellow for my slightly golden (but fair) skin. After getting a sample of Deauville I returned my Fiji because Deauville is a much better color for me.
Edit: This has become too "dewey" for me now. I much prefer the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a bummer, this foundation! I want to try this for soooo long and now i've done... Where's the glow?? I think it's a matte foundation, no glow seen here! I don't get the hype, very overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I will never use anything else on my face. I don't even care about the price. I am extremely fair and siberia matches me perfectly. I would describe the finish as more satin than glow. I actually dont care that it doesn't have a pump, I can control the product just fine without one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nars Sheerglow is my favorite liquid foundation. I wear the shade Mont Blanc (NW20) and it matches nicely, maybe a tiny bit too light? But I think the next shade down might be too dark.

I agree with the poster below who says the name Sheer Glow is deceptive because it actually has quite a lot of coverage. I would say medium to heavy if built up. It doesn't cake though, and looks pretty natural - the formula is great. It sits nicely on your skin, and it seems quite moisturising. I never get dry patches using this foundation.

The only negatives about it are the price (in Australia it retails for $99! I get mine online from the US) and the bottle - would be much better with a pump. That's why I give it four stars instead of the five stars the product itself actually deserves.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by theNYues

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is on the pricier side for a foundation however given the the quality of the foundation I must say that I don't regret my purchase. The name "Sheer Glow" may be a little deceiving cause it actuallly is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I would consider this at least a medium coverage foundation. I use maybe a pea size amount to cover my whole face and it spreads out easily and evenly whether you were to use a foundation brush or your fingers.
I think compared to other creamier, thicker consistency foundations such as Estee Lauder double wear this foundation covers redness and evens out my skintone equally as well without giving a heavy "mask" feeling.
Since this foundation gives a dewy glow finish to your skin if you do not like this effect on your t-zone I would recommend dusting a little bit of powder after foundation application. From my experience MAC blot powder worked really well and you only need a little bit.
For reference, I am NC 20-25 in MAC foundations and I was color matched for "Fiji" for NARS Sheer Glow.
Also you can purchase a pump at the NARS website. It is much easier to dispense the amount of foundation you want with a pump rather than pouring it directly out of the bottle and you end up not wasting a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointed by this product. Even though sheer, the foundation felt greasy and heavy on my face. I have oily skin and it made my face feel even oilier.

I am sure if your skin is not oily this would be a good option for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Imazul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too many reviews to read. So I'm gonna get straight to the point. [i have mixed feelings towards this]

Pros:
-Didn't break me out (i have the acniest pronest skin)
UPDATE****
broke me out. don't use it anymore...i didnt even use half the product :[

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really excited to buy this foundation as I heard raving reviews from friends and family alike. When I applied this foundation however, my face (particularly my forehead) looked like a giant grease ball. I was only going for the soft glowy look. Next time, maybe I'll try the sheer matte instead. Lastly, the bottle bugs me because for the $42 you spend, they might as well provide a pump to go along with it. Oh well....