April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 11:37:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm going to re-review these, since I visited the Lancome counter the other day & tested a few.

My mom bought me a JT about a year ago. She got me Sparkling Odile, and when she gave it to me, I thought, "Wow cool! Pretty silver lip stuff!". And then I put it on. It went on completely clear, and the smell & taste were so bad I had to wipe it off. It smelled & tasted like burnt strawberries. Okay, Juicy Tubes are supposedly the best glosses ever made, right? So I figure maybe I just got a bad one, so I go check the rest of them out & to my dismay I am not impressed by any of them.

What the hell is the big fat hairy deal about these?

They are JUST glosses, and crummy overpriced glosses that smell godawful at that. I prefer my Bonne Bell Lip Frosting to these, it smellsa hell of a lot better & has *visible* sparkles, unlike Lancome's clear crap! I tried every one of them, and I think maybe only 2 or 3 had ANY color whatsoever. All the rest, despite being pigmented in the tube, went on totally clear with very *slight* sparkle that would only be noticable up close. And the smells are absolutely terrible. there were only 1 or 2 that didn't cause me to make the "ugh!" face. Some of them smell like funky perfume, some like rotting fruit, wholly they're just not pleasant. The texture is just too gloppy & sticky, like wearing gluey snot on your lips. And the outrageous price- $16 for each tube of clear lipgloss? No thanks. If you're gonna blow money on department store makeup, save yourself $3 & buy Lipglass instead. At least you'll get some damn COLOR & the smell & taste won't make you sick everytime you wear it. These are a total gimmick. If anyone wants my JT it's up for swap. Tried it 2 or 3 times & I just can't stand the smell. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these!! Nice texture, nice lasting power. My only complaint is that some of them smell wretched. However, other's smell like heaven in a tube, so you just have to check around and test them all to find your fav.

My Two Fav's are Blueberry Blast & Miracle! If you haven't tried one of these yet, you MUST.. you will love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kezabroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a lipgloss addict. I admit it! When they bring out a 12 step program for kicking the habit - I'll be the first to sign up! At last count i have 21 of them - 12 of them lancome juicy tubes. I love them - and literally cry when i lose one. Lancome - the sneaky marketing geniuses that they are keep bringing them out in more colours and more scrummy flavours. I just try to avoid the counters now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by starbop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love these. Sticky, but they last forever. You get a great amount for the price...nearly four times as much as a MAC Tinted Lipglass and ten times as much as a Stila Lip Glaze. I am a total sucker for Miracle...it's the prettiest sparkly gloss I've ever tried!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2004 1:11:00 AM More reviews by unioncityblue5

It's too expensive, sticky, and bad-tasting. It's a huge waste of money for the tiny amount of junk you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by shuhoniuo

I have loads of these!
lychee - smells like jammie dodgers (I don't know if you have them in the US but they're shortbread biscuits sandwiched with jam) and a subtle pink shimmery tint
fraise - slight red shimmer, lovely strawberry scent
framboise - little glittery bits (not too much though), amazing raspberry smell
peche - this was my favourite but I lost it! Amazing smell

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jaffacake

I do like these a lot, my only gripe is that they are so sticky. I love the shine and the lasting-power... I usually wear them over lipstick or lip stain to make the lip colour more long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Starling31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Juicy tubes. Super shiny, nice smell. I think I have 4 of these now...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mclisham

I love the Juicy Tubes. I have it in three colors Odile, Prune and Simmer. All of them are wonderful. Great colors, tasty flavors, and they look wonderful. I do have a problem with their staying power however. I constantly have to reapply. If it was just a little sturdier this would be the ultimate lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Aeries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the greatest lipgloss in my life. it's a major regret of your life if u dont have one already.