Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 1/27/2009 9:10:00 PM

My hair is highlighted +++ & dry & curly. My stylist put some of this oil on my hair before she (partially) blow-dried it. I loved it! I now bought a bottle & the mask as well. For a long time i used John Frieda Frizz Ease but it seems that the fragrance began to be stronger or for some reason i became more sensitive to it. The Morrocan Oil fragrance is gentle. Love it!!

on 1/27/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MoroccanOil is a (new to my salon) styling product that came highly recommended by my hairdresser. I have thin, bleached, dry, frizzy hair. This product can be used on wet or dry hair or both (which is what I am doing). My stylist is right, this stuff is AWESOME! It's fairly expensive, but a little drop goes a long, long way. The packaging is rather boring, just a plain brown bottle with a wide opening so I am using a dropper to get a tiny bit of product out and not over pour. Following is a list of claims of "what it does" and I am happy to report it does what it says and it does it well:
-Softens unmanageable, frizzy, bleached hair
-Restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair
-Strengthens brittle hair
-Promotes healing and provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring or heat styling
-Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp
-Nourishes the scalp (alleviates itchy, dry scalp)
-Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors
-Reduces drying time and speeds up styling
-Does not weigh down thin or fine hair

on 1/25/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using moroccan hair oil (which by the way, is NOT a pure oil - look below for ingredients) now for 3 weeks, and while it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of all products, its definitely a good one ! I tend to use a little more product than most of the reviewers here (about a quarter-size worth) on damp hair and it definitely made my hair more managable & thicker in texture (I have fine curly 3a type hair for reference). It didn't weigh my hair down or make it feel greasy but at the same time, it didn't really give it shine either.

I'm also acne-prone, and I haven't seen any blemishes caused by this product - even though the first three ingredients are silicones (ha!). The price is a bit outrageous ($40 Can) and the screw cap is annoying - but on a positive note the bottle (3.4oz/100ml) should last me a year - so I can't complain there. Btw, the fragrance of the oil is to die for !

Here are the ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance supplement, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

on 1/23/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Awesome stuff. This is the first product that has actually penetrated my hair and helped make it stronger rather than just coating it.

I will be buying this for life!

on 1/23/2009 12:35:00 AM

I'm blown away! After reading the reviews i decided to get the 3.4 oz bottle off ebay ($27) I was so excited to try it out as soon as possible. I have tons of long, platinum blonde hair that is dry and frizzy without lots of attention. I usually use about 3 products in it every time i wash my hair. This one product alone has made my hair smoother and softer than it has been in years! Glossy, bouncy and just so SMOOTH! After towel drying my hair well i pour a nickel sized blob into my palm and rub my hands together, distribute evenly through my hair concentrating on the ends and then blow dry. It makes hair dry faster and the softness is instant. Also, this keeps my hair smooth until i wash it again! Usually my hair is rough and tangley by the next morning and looks dull. With this it stayed swingy and glowy so long i had to make myself wash my hair! The best thing about this product so far however is the compliments on how my hair smells! In two days i got five different comments! Pretty much every hug i got ended in 'mmmm your hair smells so good!' friends, boyfriend, even one of my hair stylist friends asked what shampoo i was using. I was so surprised especially because straight out of the bottle the smell seemed like nothing special. I really reccomend this, i have shelves and shelves of hair products and NONE of them hold a candle to morrocanoil! Definitely worth the price tag!

on 1/22/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually have the hair mask. It smells gorgeous, sinks in like a dream, and made my hair very glossy. It was a bit expensive but I consider it a worthy investment. My next goal is to buy the hair oil. Argan oil is very expensive to get, so that also justifies the price. I found mine at a Pure Beauty supply store. It comes in a turquoise and brown jar. There is a silicone (dimethicone), but nothing a good clarifying shampoo can't remove. edit: Well, I bought the oil. It is by no means a miracle product for me, but it softens and tames frizz lightly. I notice a bigger difference when i'm flat-ironing my hair. It is shinier and stays smoother without feeling greasy. I also love the smell.

on 1/19/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Using Moroccan Oil has become a beauty ritual for me. I bought this product five months ago from my hair salon and itís become a lovely part of the boring task of drying my hair. I carefully pour a teensy tiny amount of oil from the dark brown, glass bottle (I like its old-school, apothecary-style) into my palm until it spreads into a thin, dime-sized blob and massage it into the ends of my hair. It absorbs easily into my hair and I adore the smell, which I would say is Oriental. My hair is very low maintenance as I have short, straight, Chinese hair that is currently not coloured. I like my hair to look super healthy and shiny, with no flyaways. Iím not a hair product addict (I might treat myself to a Bumble & Bumble product at my salon once in a blue moon) and I have to admit I balked when I heard the price (CDN $40 incl. taxes!), but Iím happy with this purchase. This product didnít revolutionize my hair, but it did make it shinier, softer and delicious smelling. As only need a tiny amount is required for use, I can rationalize the price as this bottle will last me two years. Interesting fact: Moroccan Oil is made in Israel.

on 1/15/2009 10:12:00 PM

I have the best hair stylist in the world, and he gave me a full size bottle of this for free. I was so pumped because I wanted it anyway, and was about to spend $42 on it.
I pictured myself with long, flowing, glossy Blake Lively-esque hair after this...and am still waiting for that result. The pros: It smells great, applies to hair easily, and adds shine.
The cons: It's super expensive, the twist off cap is a nightmare, and it did nothing for my frizz. I guess I expected too much...

on 1/13/2009 9:47:00 AM

I love this product! It worked so well for me that I bought the hydrating lotion and the mask. Out of the blue one day, my sister (she lives on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast) asked me if I ever heard of Moroccan Oil. She never talks about beauty products, period. When I visited at Christmas time, her long, super dark, extra thick and extra coarse hair looked amazing and she was hooked. She has never made a big deal out of a product but this one caught her attention and has earned her loyalty, especially since she lives in a high humidity area that wreaks havoc on even the most celebrated hair straighteners (short of thermal salon straightening). At least that has been our experience. I live in one of the rainiest parts of the country. It works equally as well on my blonde highlighted hair (which can be a challenge to get that great like glass reflective shine). My hair is not superthick like my sister's hair, but I have lots of hair which makes it look thick, so some products can actually make it look flat, but not the Moroccan Oil. I'm thinking of trying Living Proof No More Frizz under the Moroccan Oil to see what is the ultimate for hair health, but for now Moroccan Oil makes my hair and my sister's hair look soft, silky and shine-alicious in the most amazing way!

on 1/11/2009 11:19:00 PM

This stuff is the best EVER!!! My hairdresser which is my boyfriends sister, started working at a new place and she knows I have the hardest time keeping my frizz down and my hair gets really oilly at the end of the day at times, so when i saw what new stuff she was trying on my hair i wasn't sure it would work for me. Well the next day i when out and used my last $$$ to get it, I can't believe I have been seen with out this stuff, even after I washed my hair it was still soft. MoroccanOil is alcohol-free and has a it feel weightless with no build up. Softens thick unmanageable hair and restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair. Instantly absorbed into the hair, this product eliminates frizz, speeds up styling time by 40%, and provides long-term conditioning to all hair types. Moroccan Oil contains a unique formula that strengthens brittle hair while promoting healing to the hair. Also provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring and styling. Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp. Moroccanoil nourishes the scalp by alleviating itchy, dry scalps. Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors. Reduces drying time. To make it sort I LOVE THIS STUFF

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products