April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was putting together my usual order of stuff from CosmeticMagic when I saw this on their front page. I had heard all the hoopla over this product and thought it sounded very promising for my super thick, waist length, naturally curly hair. Right now my HG final finisher over my Curl Keeper & Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Cream is Redken's Sleek Obedience Solid Serum (awesome stuff if used on wet hair only). I know that for hair like mine, Macadamia nut and other oils are the bomb because they coat and define frizzy hair like mine beautifully. This stuff does not disappoint. This is everything Fekkai's Glossing cream should be but isn't. I ran a tiny bit through my damp hair after doing my usual routine and my hair dried completely and totally frizz free with incredible curl definition. It really takes the frizz way down and leaves your hair very glossy and healthy looking. I love the definition it gives my curls. Smells nice too, although the price is a bit crazy and the glass bottle VERY impractical. I suppose glass is better for storing the oil and keeping it fresher perhaps, but you need to be careful because it is glass. A little really does go a very long way so this bottle could last you months (even with long curly hair like mine). Very nice find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by SwtSteph5417

This is one of the best hair products I have ever used. I work in the salon industry so I have used my share of products, someone is always promoting something new, but this is by far and away the best. A little goes a long way so please dont be frustrated with the price tag. 1 bottle will last you a really long time. It cuts your blow dry time, improves color and shine instantly. As you can imagine, I do a lot of coloring since I work in this business so my hair gets extremely over processed and dry. This product brings it back to better then normal. My hair is left incredibly soft and smooth and doesnt appear to be over damaged although it probably is. Its a definite must for people with long colored treated hair, you'll be so glad you tried it !!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is thin, dry, weak, I have some breakage at the ends, and I color (root touch-ups though) and blow dry/flat iron once or max. twice per week. I was in need of something to restore moisture, make it shinier and healthy looking, and this oil seemed to fit the bill on all accounts. So I decided to splurge (43 CAD is not cheap!). Well, the only positive things I can say about it is that it smells very nice (hence the 2 lippies). Other than that...not only it didn't do anything to help my hair, but I actually have a feeling it dried it out. I tried on damp hair after washing, on its own, then with a leave-in conditioner, I tried on dry hair, I tried as a finishing "serum" after flat ironing...My hair would look decent for an hour or so, then my ends would start looking frizzy, unruly, and fried. I haven't had this problem in the longest time, everything I had used prior to this helped way more (PM Super Skinny Serum, but especially Tigi After Party). Actually if I think about it, my ends even feel drier! That can't be good... I'm sure it's a good product for other types of hair, but it definitely doesn't work on mine :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by LEYTONLOVER333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about six months now and I will never co back yo B&B straight. It protects hair from heat damage, perfects curls, removes frizz, and adds shine,softness, and moisture. How did I ever survive without it I'll never know!!!
Well worth it's 42$ price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

Best hair product I have ever found! I have very dry, frizzy hair- this oil helps immensely and does not weight down the hair- softest it has ever felt. Been using for about 4 months now (using the same bottle, and I have long hair).

EDIT: After using this for ~8 months, I noticed that no matter what I did, my hair would not get smooth like before when using the product. Read that it may be due to too much of the silicon-derivatives. I switched to Giovanni leave in, am happy with it, and will try the Moroccan Oil again after a couple months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Kittypiepie

This stuff is great! I currently have in my hair-smoothing arsenal Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Frederic Fekkai Coiff Ironless Straightening Balm, Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and Moroccan Oil. My hair feels healthiest when I use the oil. Yep, guess you could call me a product ho. The bottle didn't come with a pump applicator so I have to be careful to pour a little into my hand and re-cap so that none of the product runs off my hand and into the sink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow wow wow....this product is amazing...my hair drinks it up..no frizz, blinding shine and makes it sooo soft..this is the ultimate leave in...a true miracle for my hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I was hesitant to buy this bc it says its for thick unruly hair which is def not me, but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did. It's definately for damaged hair that is thirsty for hydration (I don't believe it matters what thickness bc I have fine hair and it works great for me).

I am always looking to add shine with my hair so thats the main reason I bought this. I put less then a dime size amount in my palms and worked it through my hair staying away from my roots. I blow dried my hair about 80% and then flat ironed the ends. I could not believe the shine! I was previously using glossing cream by fekkai and that doesn't even come close! In the past if something gave me shine it looked greasy or felt obvious. Prior to this I could only get this type of natural shine by getting a salon glaze. Morrocan Oil gave me this lit from with in shine, silkiness, and movement. It just yells "I have amazingly healthy hair" type of way. Perfect for making everyone else envy. This stuf is dangerous though because I kept looking at my hair in every mirror I walked by! The smell is too die for! its like a tahitian vanilla imo.

For reference: shoulder length fine color treated hair (Colored & flat ironed frequently). I use a protein enriched sulfate free shampoo (tigi bedhead superstar) and Enjoy reconstructing conditioner every day.
I also like to use Joico reconstruct.

p.s. the reviews for this are split up my original review was posted under "morrocan oil" so check their for more reviews

also my friend who DOES have thick unruly hair also loves this so id say its good for all hair types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by cookie_gurl145

WOW! I'm soooo impressed by this stuff!!! I was bored one day and and started looking through the "MUA TOP PICKS" section and I found that Moroccanoil had near perfect reviews so I bought a bottle and now I love it!! I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my hair has never FELT better! I'm trying to grow out my hair and unfortunately I use a lot of heat on it so it started to feel damaged but after using this product, it just feels so much healthier. A few days ago, I was running late to work so I worked this and Bedhead's After Party into my damp hair, blow-dried it and wore it half up and only quickly flat ironed the bottom half of it. One of my little 2nd graders even complimented me on it! =) Ah.. I'm just so impressed with it and I'm so glad I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

For my hair, this product has been nothing short of a miracle worker. I have very thick, wavy and frizzy hair. this product tames it, de-frizzes, and adds dimension and shine. Plus, the smell is to die for wonderful. It makes me feel like I'm relaxing on the beach with a pina colada. For once, a hair product that doesn't stress me out!