December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by hiltonheadbabe26

i have really frizzy and unruly hair. I straighten my hair almost every day but i never blowdry it. It didnt seem to make my hair less frizzy but thats prob bc i put it in my wet hair instead of damp hair. Overall I think this is great because when i went to straighten my hair it left my hair shiny, smooth, and it smells great! It doesnt my my hair piecy and it really hydrates my damaged hair ( it's relly damaed from all the straightening!) I am definately going to buy this again even though the price is kinda on the expensive side bc its the best product ive ever used!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is going to sound cheesy but..I never believed in love at first sight until I found this beauty. The winter months have left my hair dry, unmanageable, and faded. After help from the ladies on the hair board, I bought this at my local BS (Pure Beauty-West Coast). The outcome: My hair dried quicker, more manageable, bouncy, very shiny, and deeper in color from the hydration. The fragrance is a hypnotic musky/floral incense; that quickly dissipates post application. The bottle leaves something to be desired, but who can complain with such a fab product and great fragrance to boot. Don't worry if this makes your hair fall flat, that means you used too much. However, if you do end up using too much, it does not result in greasy hair, just flat. Next, I think I am going to get the Hydrating Cream. Loveliness in a bottle. TY
Update: After one wash, I can already say that this is one of the best treatments I have ever used. Usually, the day after a hair wash, my hair would lose most of its shine, softness, and manageability. I am happy to report, my hair is still gleaming on my 2nd no wash day. Yes, I am planning to wash my hair today :P.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mettabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh wow, this stuff is pretty incredible. My hair is naturally poofy and frizzy but this oil tames it right down. It left my hair soft and swingy and not greasy or weighted down. I said I wouldn't buy it again but I'm on the fence, I'm happy with the results but it's so insanely expensive I don't know if I can justify the price. I'm also not fond of the scent but that mostly fades as my hair dries.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me. My hair is already pretty shiny, but I was hoping it would help make my hair softer and smoother, taming some of my frizziness, like it claims to do. I've been using this product everyday since I bought it and there is no added shine, my hair isn't noticeably softer, and I've noticed no difference at all in the amount of frizz I have. How sad. And a waste of $40! The only reason I gave it a 2 is because it does speed up the blow drying process by a couple minutes, but so does Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum and a myriad of other serums.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sairababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have thick, coarse, DRY, frizzy hair and this product does leave it feeling a little bit silkier. I've found that it doesn't do much on damp hair, but if I let my hair air-dry and then apply the oil, it helps to smooth it. I also love the smell...very natural smelling. I've also noticed that if I flat iron my hair after applying this oil, my hair is shinier. Will definitely consider repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last update:
Well my hair just doesn't like this product. I am finding now that it is drier outside this causes a lot of static. Sigh. Up for swap it goes.
Updating again:
So I find this product to be ok. I am finding that it is drying out my hair some so I have to rotate it now. I don't like the glass bottle. And for the price I won't repurchase it. I find my Enjoy shine and smooth is a lot better.
Update:
So I decided to try this a different way. On more dry hair then damp. And wow does it work better! Killed all the frizz and made my hair smooth. yay!
Well I am the only one that isn't wowed by this I guess. I use it as the bottle says but my hair isn't amazing with it. It isn't any smoother and doesn't seem to control the frizz. I will back to Enjoy shine and smooth. I like it much more then this and it costs a ton less!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

I was hesitant to buy this bc it says its for thick unruly hair which is def not me, but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did. It's definately for damaged hair that is thirsty for hydration (I don't believe it matters what thickness bc I have fine hair and it works great for me, I just use less product). This really absorbs easily doesnt look oily at all.

I am always looking to add shine with my hair so thats the main reason I bought this. I put less then a dime size amount in my palms and worked it through my hair staying away from my roots. I blow dried my hair about 80% and then flat ironed the ends. I could not believe the shine! I was previously using glossing cream by fekkai and that doesn't even come close! In the past if something gave me shine it looked greasy or felt obvious. Prior to this I could only get this type of natural shine by getting a salon glaze (which only last a few days). Morrocan Oil gave me this lit from with in shine, silkiness, and movement..every single day I use it. It just yells "I have amazingly healthy hair" type of way. Perfect for making everyone else envy. This stuf is dangerous though because I kept looking at my hair in every mirror I walked by! The smell is too die for! its like a tahitian vanilla imo. Got mine on ebay from a reliable seller, also some salons sell it.

Some people complain about the bottle but please do not transfer it to another bottle unless its the same glass, bc on the website it mentions that the bottle keeps the product preserved or something.

For reference: -shoulder length -fine -color treated hair (Colored & flat ironed frequently). I use a protein enriched sulfate free shampoo (tigi bedhead superstar) and Enjoy reconstructing conditioner every day.
I also like to use Joico reconstruct.

*one review mentioned it made her hair crunchy - I have personally never experienced that with this product. I wonder if it may have to do with the amount used, you do have to play around to see what amount works for your hair type, length, etc but again I have never experienced crunchyness, just silky hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by retinoids

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used to love this for drying/ironing, but as many others have noted, I found that it builds up over time and leaves my hair looking dull and limp. I still have it around for occasional use, but it's definitely not a daily HG for me, anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by imkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aside from the price tag, this product is great. My hair has been Japanese straightened and is very fine. This, used right after the shower, makes my hair look its best. It actually looks thicker, but I think this is due to the fact that for the first time in years, I am using a product that smoothes but doesn't weigh my hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I LOVE this product! I got it off eBay and the lid was broken, thus 3 lippies on the packaging, but overall the PRODUCT is AMAZING! I dumped the Ojon (or rather donated to a friend) and am a Moroccan Oil convert! Love this stuff. Wished it would do the same for my skin, otherwise I would bath in it. My hair is light and smooth with a light clean scent.