August 31, 2014 | 1032 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works better at keeping me matte than MAC Blot powder. Unfortunately, since it is a drugstore brand, it took two tries before I got the correct colour for my skin tone. The packaging takes a while to get used to, but I prefer keeping the dirty puff away from the makeup, which MAC Blot doesn't allow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ehhh...this stuff is just blah. It's not horrible, but it's really sheer. Plus, I think it made me a little itchy. I used it off and on for months, and I kept going back to CoverGirl. The packaging is...different. I hate how the powder puff goes on top of the mirror and makes it all powdery and hard to see it. It's kind of silly and impractical. It didn't have very good coverage, but at the same time it was a bit cakey. It's pretty pricey for drugstore powder. Don't waste your time on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

im just gonna cut to the chase here:

-the palest shde oxidises on my fair skin leaving me looking orange
-it leaves a very powdery finish
-it emphasizes dry areas
-it largens my pores
-it doesnt last long at all
-crappy packaging (ive bought 2 of these and my sister has bought 3, with every single one the screen on the packaging has shattered/fallen out leaving a lovely messy powder surprise in our makeup bags)
-overpriced
-has NO oil control

haha bet you can guess if i'll be repurchasing or not! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had previously used Benefit's Get Even to camouflage my ugliness, and while I do recommend that product, it may cause you to go broke. Maybelline's powder does more than a decent job of covering up any facial flaws, mattifying while absorbing oil. It is less than half the price of Benefit's powder, and comes in a variety of shades to match many skin tones...

...or it used to.

My Maybelline-loving NC-40 skin used to wear the shade "Latte" (Dark 0-1) and it has now disappeared like your second-cousin-removed's deadbeat father. Why? Why did you make me love you and then leave me? And no, I am not going to hire a private investigator to go find a discontinued compact for me. Be warned: if you do find a shade to match your skintone, you may find yourself more than frustrated when you can no longer repurchase with ease when needed. You will simply be left standing there in aisle three, as the pressed powder that got away laughs in your unmattified oily face.

41 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by S10Powder53

I just bought it and I agree the packaging is kinda quarky but the product overall is good. It's smooth, natural looking, feels good and lasts a long time. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging sucks!! I already scraped a hole on the powder from my nail getting caught on it..yeah it just happened, with the funky swivel function..anyways I LOVE the color range of the dream matte series and this one mattifies my oily skin very well! I usually just powder my nose and the inside of my cheeks midday and it gets rid of the shine without caking up around my nose, or anywhere really. I used MAC's blot powder before and it's like the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by erin09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Powder always looks unnatural/cakey on me, but not with this stuff! It's very sheer and lightweight, does not emphasize my fine lines, but does do its job. I use a kabuki in the morning to do a very light dusting all over the face, and then when I get off work, I dab my oily patches with the enclosed applicator. Works like a charm!
A lot of people have commented that they do not like the packaging, but I think the swivel mirror is kind of fun. Since I apply it on-the-go so often, I appreciate having the mirror and applicator space with me at all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by andr3awatermelon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
-sheer, good to set makeup
-great for touch ups
-glowy look

Cons
-weird, hard kind of texture
-poor color/shade range

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to look like a Debbie Downer but this powder didn't work amazingly as it did for some reviewers here. It actually did make my face look cakey a couple times, and I was using a very tiny amount.

Pros:
+ It really does mattify your face. If you use a foundation that makes your face shiny or glowy when you don't want that, this powder really helps to reduce that shine. If the shimmers in Revlon's PhotoReady bothers you, you can use this to make the shimmer less visible (just mentioning this since I see this as a main complaint for the product)
+ It keeps the oil away for hours. My face is relatively normal to oily, it's my nose that is very oily. I put some of this on my nose and the oil disappears for 5-7 hours. I don't need blotting papers!
+ This should last you a long time. When I use my Sephora powder brush, I do one quick swipe over the product and I see plenty of powder on my brush. No need to return for more. But this also slightly a con...
Cons:
- As I mentioned, this does make my face cakey sometimes. I think my brush picks up more product than it needs. I tap the brush to remove excess powder, but even then when I apply it to my face I see cakey-ness.
- The packaging is awful. It looks cheap, and it's bulky because the back of it includes a little powder puff that is pretty much useless. I ended up removing the back side of the powder, now it's much slimmer and more travel friendly.
- I'm not sure this product is worth $10, I know that is pretty cheap for drugstore but the price doesn't match the product (obviously just my opinion). I think I was overcharged since I see the typical price is almost $7, and at CVS it was a little less than $10.

I love that it keeps my oily nose under control, but I think I can find better. This definitely isn't HG for me.

EDIT: I'm starting to suspect that my foundation is causing the cakey look, not this powder. I still think it could cause problems if it's over-applied, but I'll add an extra point since it's not as disappointing as I thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lizzified

This powder is a lovely match for my skin and does not look unnatural at all :) However, the packaging leaves much to be desired! The sponge can get caught as you swivel the second compartment out, which is a real pain.

On the overall, I'm pretty happy with it. A worthy buy