Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just love this powder. It's finely milled and very sheer so I doubt that it would be good for a full coverage foundation, but it's great to set your makeup or to make a shiny face more matte. I don't use the enclosed applicator, but instead lightly touch a big puffy powder brush to the cake and just dab it lightly on my face to either set makeup or blot away shininess. That's all it takes. This never gives your face that cakey look that some heavier powders do. I think the case is kind of cute - not high end, but then neither is the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works better at keeping me matte than MAC Blot powder. Unfortunately, since it is a drugstore brand, it took two tries before I got the correct colour for my skin tone. The packaging takes a while to get used to, but I prefer keeping the dirty puff away from the makeup, which MAC Blot doesn't allow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ehhh...this stuff is just blah. It's not horrible, but it's really sheer. Plus, I think it made me a little itchy. I used it off and on for months, and I kept going back to CoverGirl. The packaging is...different. I hate how the powder puff goes on top of the mirror and makes it all powdery and hard to see it. It's kind of silly and impractical. It didn't have very good coverage, but at the same time it was a bit cakey. It's pretty pricey for drugstore powder. Don't waste your time on this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

im just gonna cut to the chase here:

-the palest shde oxidises on my fair skin leaving me looking orange
-it leaves a very powdery finish
-it emphasizes dry areas
-it largens my pores
-it doesnt last long at all
-crappy packaging (ive bought 2 of these and my sister has bought 3, with every single one the screen on the packaging has shattered/fallen out leaving a lovely messy powder surprise in our makeup bags)
-overpriced
-has NO oil control

haha bet you can guess if i'll be repurchasing or not! ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had previously used Benefit's Get Even to camouflage my ugliness, and while I do recommend that product, it may cause you to go broke. Maybelline's powder does more than a decent job of covering up any facial flaws, mattifying while absorbing oil. It is less than half the price of Benefit's powder, and comes in a variety of shades to match many skin tones...

...or it used to.

My Maybelline-loving NC-40 skin used to wear the shade "Latte" (Dark 0-1) and it has now disappeared like your second-cousin-removed's deadbeat father. Why? Why did you make me love you and then leave me? And no, I am not going to hire a private investigator to go find a discontinued compact for me. Be warned: if you do find a shade to match your skintone, you may find yourself more than frustrated when you can no longer repurchase with ease when needed. You will simply be left standing there in aisle three, as the pressed powder that got away laughs in your unmattified oily face.

I just bought it and I agree the packaging is kinda quarky but the product overall is good. It's smooth, natural looking, feels good and lasts a long time. I would buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging sucks!! I already scraped a hole on the powder from my nail getting caught on it..yeah it just happened, with the funky swivel function..anyways I LOVE the color range of the dream matte series and this one mattifies my oily skin very well! I usually just powder my nose and the inside of my cheeks midday and it gets rid of the shine without caking up around my nose, or anywhere really. I used MAC's blot powder before and it's like the same thing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Powder always looks unnatural/cakey on me, but not with this stuff! It's very sheer and lightweight, does not emphasize my fine lines, but does do its job. I use a kabuki in the morning to do a very light dusting all over the face, and then when I get off work, I dab my oily patches with the enclosed applicator. Works like a charm!
A lot of people have commented that they do not like the packaging, but I think the swivel mirror is kind of fun. Since I apply it on-the-go so often, I appreciate having the mirror and applicator space with me at all times.

Pros
-sheer, good to set makeup
-great for touch ups
-glowy look

Cons
-weird, hard kind of texture
-poor color/shade range

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm going to look like a Debbie Downer but this powder didn't work amazingly as it did for some reviewers here. It actually did make my face look cakey a couple times, and I was using a very tiny amount.

Pros:
+ It really does mattify your face. If you use a foundation that makes your face shiny or glowy when you don't want that, this powder really helps to reduce that shine. If the shimmers in Revlon's PhotoReady bothers you, you can use this to make the shimmer less visible (just mentioning this since I see this as a main complaint for the product)
+ It keeps the oil away for hours. My face is relatively normal to oily, it's my nose that is very oily. I put some of this on my nose and the oil disappears for 5-7 hours. I don't need blotting papers!
+ This should last you a long time. When I use my Sephora powder brush, I do one quick swipe over the product and I see plenty of powder on my brush. No need to return for more. But this also slightly a con...
Cons:
- As I mentioned, this does make my face cakey sometimes. I think my brush picks up more product than it needs. I tap the brush to remove excess powder, but even then when I apply it to my face I see cakey-ness.
- The packaging is awful. It looks cheap, and it's bulky because the back of it includes a little powder puff that is pretty much useless. I ended up removing the back side of the powder, now it's much slimmer and more travel friendly.
- I'm not sure this product is worth $10, I know that is pretty cheap for drugstore but the price doesn't match the product (obviously just my opinion). I think I was overcharged since I see the typical price is almost $7, and at CVS it was a little less than $10.

I love that it keeps my oily nose under control, but I think I can find better. This definitely isn't HG for me.

EDIT: I'm starting to suspect that my foundation is causing the cakey look, not this powder. I still think it could cause problems if it's over-applied, but I'll add an extra point since it's not as disappointing as I thought.

Video Reviews & Tutorials