MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 2/9/2009 5:02:00 PM

I was so happy went I bought this brush and then i tried to apply my foundation with it and what a joke, It streaks and sheds. I even tried it with my Halo powder that too turned out to be a nightmare. What a waste of money. I can't believe this brush got such high reviews. Dont waste your money. I get better results with my fingertips.

on 2/9/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I heart this brush so much. I use it to apply my face powder mostly and sometimes if i don't use my fingers i use this to apply my liquid foundation as well. To me this is an all purpose brush and a must have. The only thing i don't like is the price and the fact that you do have to keep it clean b/c it does shed, but other than that i highly recommend it!

on 2/8/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this brush due to the massive hyped reviews it got. Although the brush does give an airbrush look I find it hard to use on small areas of my face when applying face products. It leaves streaky lines on my nose which annoys me no matter how much I try to buff with it so I end up using a smaller brush (either my 109, 188 or Silk Naturals small fiber optic, which is not at all comparable to the 188 like I thought!). I use this brush when I'm short on time and want to just get a soft and more natural layer of foundation to even out my uneven skin tone. I love it for creme blushes! It works with powder, but I find buffing powder with it alone tends to irritate my pores and make them appear bigger. For powder blushes it's better for that soft natural flushed look :)

I prefer the 188 over this brush though... I'd return it if I could, but I have no idea where my receipt went :(

on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago I finally bought both a 188 and a 187 and I must admit that I LOVE them. I've used the 187 for both liquid foundation (BB Skin) and powder blush/bronzer and it works equally well for both. I now prefer the 188 for blush. Worth the $$ IMO.

on 2/5/2009 12:36:00 AM

I bought this brush strictly to apply foundation and it does an amazing job. Very pricey at $50.50 CAD but a great investment if you want beautiful flawless make up.

on 2/4/2009 4:59:00 PM

I do not use this brush for foundation like many others do, Ive tried it and I just dont get how it works...Maybe a personal thing, however I love this brush for applying powder, especially bronzer as it applies evenly without applying too heavily like some other brushes are prone to do. I use the 190 for foundation, and keep this brush for powder, still would recommend the brush as its worth a try - very soft and if it works for your foundation, great - just a shame it didnt work for mine! Though Im happy with the best bronzer brush Ive owned in a while :)

on 2/3/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yay!!!! I finally bought this brush, and yes it's the best brush EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it to apply my foundation and it makes it look so light and even. My cousin was always saying how my makeup looked cakey sometimes so I invested in this wonderful brush and it completely solved the cakey problem.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush. Couldn't live without it for bronzer application. It's smooth and even in it's application I've been using mine for about 3 years and it has yet to shed a hair.

The one time I had a mac brush shed it was one I bought off of eBay and to find out it was a fake.

on 2/2/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this for my liquid foundation and I love it! Nothing has worked better :)

on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 AM

I had two 187s, but sold one of them since i didn't use this brush enough to warrant keeping both of them. I love this brush, but it's not an HG for me. I originally bought it to stipple foundation, which it worked great for. But it's kind of a one trick pony - the head was too big and fluffy for me to do blush with. So I invested in an 188 for that -- but that didn't quite work out either. But that's another review.

If I still wore foundation, I would use the 187 a lot more - but until MAC makes a 187.5, I'll use a modified 187 for blush. I wrap a hair elastic around the base of the bristles to form a narrower, tighter head. With the hair elastic, the side of the brush head is PERFECT for blush, and it makes for a super soft but denser version of the 187 that makes it actually quite versatile. So for those of you who are in the same boat as me - finding the 187 too big and the 188 too small -- try the hair elastic trick :)

Popular Makeup Brushes