MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 2/3/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yay!!!! I finally bought this brush, and yes it's the best brush EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it to apply my foundation and it makes it look so light and even. My cousin was always saying how my makeup looked cakey sometimes so I invested in this wonderful brush and it completely solved the cakey problem.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush. Couldn't live without it for bronzer application. It's smooth and even in it's application I've been using mine for about 3 years and it has yet to shed a hair.

The one time I had a mac brush shed it was one I bought off of eBay and to find out it was a fake.

on 2/2/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this for my liquid foundation and I love it! Nothing has worked better :)

on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 AM

I had two 187s, but sold one of them since i didn't use this brush enough to warrant keeping both of them. I love this brush, but it's not an HG for me. I originally bought it to stipple foundation, which it worked great for. But it's kind of a one trick pony - the head was too big and fluffy for me to do blush with. So I invested in an 188 for that -- but that didn't quite work out either. But that's another review.

If I still wore foundation, I would use the 187 a lot more - but until MAC makes a 187.5, I'll use a modified 187 for blush. I wrap a hair elastic around the base of the bristles to form a narrower, tighter head. With the hair elastic, the side of the brush head is PERFECT for blush, and it makes for a super soft but denser version of the 187 that makes it actually quite versatile. So for those of you who are in the same boat as me - finding the 187 too big and the 188 too small -- try the hair elastic trick :)

on 2/1/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

after hearing all the good reviews, i decide to get my very first 187,,since its pricey i got the SE kind(shorter handle) this brush is good for everything,,,foundation, blush highlighter,,it picks up the right amount of product,,,,but i mainly use this for foundation because it gives you that non streak airbrushed look,,and like i said..picks up the right amount since the bristles are spaced out...its wonderful and will definitely repurchase,,i do agree the price is ridiculous but its worth it:)

on 2/1/2009 9:32:00 AM

Thanks to MUA's recommendation. This is a most helpful brush that everyone should have, maybe more than one. It's versatile, that I use for loose powder and blush. It applies sheer and all over when doing loose powder, and can be precise and light when applying intensely pigmented blush. Will definitely buy again, or buy a second one.

on 1/30/2009 10:35:00 AM

This is a makeup staple. I use this brush to apply Nars Orgasm blush and bronzer. I love how you cannot overload the makeup with this. It provides a very controlled and sheer application. I did not try this for liquid foundation application but hey, there is no end to learning, is there :)

on 1/29/2009 1:23:00 PM

I have seen all the comments raving about this brush so while I was in Macy's yesterday I decided to stop by MAC and check it out. I bought this brush and used it this morning. Results: My makeup looks absolutely wonderful and natural. I used Clinique Superfit in Honey, and lately I felt it was a little too dark for me so I was looking to get a new foundation. Luckily I didn't, because when I applied it with this brush, my foundation not only looks natural, but its not as dark since it is blended in so well. For the past year and a half I have used the Clinique foundation brush (which is antibacterial- Highly recommended for those who have acne/blemishes a lot and can be used for concealer as well).

I wasn't happy with my foundation, but instead of buying a new foundation I bought this brush- definitely worth the investment (which MAC brushes are- most last more than ten years if you take care of them- washing once a week, etc). I'm very impressed with this brush. I'm considering buying the smaller one- 188 for blush because I also used it to apply my blush this morning and it makes it so natural and blends it so much better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to purchase this brush after viewing you tube tutorial after you tube tutorial where it was used to apply foundation.

I have used foundation brushes in the past but I have since abandoned them to use them for concealor as most of them did not leave my foundation looking flawless. I also have another stippling brush that I have tried using for foundation and it did the job okay but I have since used it to apply bronzers/cheekcolor/finishing powder.

Then MAC 187 came into the picture. I have washed it after every use and there has been absolutely no shedding. I just dab the foundation on the back of my hand, swirl the brush around in it and then buff it on to my skin. WOW.

I tried to just dab the foundation on my face and buff it out but I didn't get the wow factor.

I have managed to make light/medium coverage foundations cover flawlessly with this brush. I would re-purchase again if I had to, but lets just hope that I won't since it is rather expensive.

on 1/22/2009 6:47:00 PM

I love my 187s! I have 2 that have never lost a single hair. I use one for highly pigmented blush and the other for liquid foundation. I also have a couple of the Coastal Scents black handled stippling brushes and they are okay but not as firm as MAC's. Plus they shed a lot.