MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 2/12/2009 12:43:00 AM

I love this brush. =] it makes me happy.

i did have a hard time when i first bought it. i was having the hardest time stippling or w/e. it looked like a mess. i watched a few videos on youtube and finally figured it out. and thank god. because now its my absolute fav thing.

it gives the most beautiful airbrushed look if you know how to use it properly. it does shed a tiny bit. more so when its new. just be patient..its worth it lol.

i have the small holiday special edition and the big one. the bigger ones are made so much better though.

on 2/11/2009 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Perfection!

on 2/9/2009 5:02:00 PM

I was so happy went I bought this brush and then i tried to apply my foundation with it and what a joke, It streaks and sheds. I even tried it with my Halo powder that too turned out to be a nightmare. What a waste of money. I can't believe this brush got such high reviews. Dont waste your money. I get better results with my fingertips.

on 2/9/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I heart this brush so much. I use it to apply my face powder mostly and sometimes if i don't use my fingers i use this to apply my liquid foundation as well. To me this is an all purpose brush and a must have. The only thing i don't like is the price and the fact that you do have to keep it clean b/c it does shed, but other than that i highly recommend it!

on 2/8/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I got this brush due to the massive hyped reviews it got. Although the brush does give an airbrush look I find it hard to use on small areas of my face when applying face products. It leaves streaky lines on my nose which annoys me no matter how much I try to buff with it so I end up using a smaller brush (either my 109, 188 or Silk Naturals small fiber optic, which is not at all comparable to the 188 like I thought!). I use this brush when I'm short on time and want to just get a soft and more natural layer of foundation to even out my uneven skin tone. I love it for creme blushes! It works with powder, but I find buffing powder with it alone tends to irritate my pores and make them appear bigger. For powder blushes it's better for that soft natural flushed look :)

I prefer the 188 over this brush though... I'd return it if I could, but I have no idea where my receipt went :(

on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago I finally bought both a 188 and a 187 and I must admit that I LOVE them. I've used the 187 for both liquid foundation (BB Skin) and powder blush/bronzer and it works equally well for both. I now prefer the 188 for blush. Worth the $$ IMO.

on 2/5/2009 12:36:00 AM

I bought this brush strictly to apply foundation and it does an amazing job. Very pricey at $50.50 CAD but a great investment if you want beautiful flawless make up.

on 2/4/2009 4:59:00 PM

I do not use this brush for foundation like many others do, Ive tried it and I just dont get how it works...Maybe a personal thing, however I love this brush for applying powder, especially bronzer as it applies evenly without applying too heavily like some other brushes are prone to do. I use the 190 for foundation, and keep this brush for powder, still would recommend the brush as its worth a try - very soft and if it works for your foundation, great - just a shame it didnt work for mine! Though Im happy with the best bronzer brush Ive owned in a while :)

on 2/3/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yay!!!! I finally bought this brush, and yes it's the best brush EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it to apply my foundation and it makes it look so light and even. My cousin was always saying how my makeup looked cakey sometimes so I invested in this wonderful brush and it completely solved the cakey problem.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush. Couldn't live without it for bronzer application. It's smooth and even in it's application I've been using mine for about 3 years and it has yet to shed a hair.

The one time I had a mac brush shed it was one I bought off of eBay and to find out it was a fake.

Video Reviews & Tutorials