Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 1/20/2008 3:48:00 AM

My HG nighttime moisturizer. I use this over my moisturizer or serum at night to create a barrier. I LOVE LOVE LOVE aquaphor! It feels a little vaseline like, but it soaks right into my skin and I wake up with clear glowing skin. Wonderful as an eye cream as well.

on 1/20/2008 12:38:00 AM

I have a large tub of this sitting on my bathroom counter. Every morning and every evening I swipe some on my lips. It is so effective that I never get cracked or peeling lips like I used to during the cold New York winters. In fact, I hardly ever have to re-apply balm during the day because my lips feel perfectly moisturized for hours. Ditch your Kiehl's balm and grab some Aquaphor. Not only is it less expensive, but it works far better. And, as an added bonus, it doesn't have a super shiny finish so it doesn't feel like you're wearing lip gloss when you're not. They even recently came out with tiny tubes of the stuff so it's purse-friendly now.

on 1/19/2008 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

I over-used Ma Ma lotion and all of a sudden looked like I was 300 years old, with wierdly taut, thin skin as parched as the Sahara, and new wrinkles I'd never even known could exist. Not to mention the burning sensation and flaking, chapping, etc. Horrible. Aquaphor to the rescue! I applied it for 2 nights, and by the third morning my skin was back to normal. Thank God.

on 1/18/2008 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm pretty sure Aquaphor can do anything. It has saved my nose, my lips, elbows, knees, feet - everything. I like that it does not have a smell, and that it keeps whatever I have applied it to moisturized for a long time - everything else I've tried either has an overpowering scent or requires constant reapplication. I have a mini tube in my purse, a tub on my nightstand, and a big tube at work. Now if only I could find a way for it to help me figure out my taxes . . .

on 1/13/2008 9:25:00 PM

This stuff works wonders on your lips! I used it for years on my kids in the winter and it occurred to me one day to slap some on my dry lips, and I was instantly hooked. I put it on multiple times a day alone or under my lip color. My lips are always soft and smooth. LOVE IT!!

on 1/13/2008 12:42:00 AM

GREAT product. Cheap, $5 for a tube that will last me the rest of my life, I apply at night and wake up with silky lips. I knocked off one lippie for two reasons--1, it isn't a multipurpose lip balm, at least for me, it's too thick and greasy in texture for daytime use; 2, the packaging is awkward to carry in a purse even if it did work better for me for daytime; I'd be afraid the soft tube would explode. However, these should not prevent you from picking this up! If you have chapped lips it is an absolute godsend.

on 1/11/2008 4:40:00 PM

I used the generic CVS version of this, and I LOVEEEEEE it. I bought in time for my nasty sinus infection to kick in - I used it multiple times a day on my lips and the area between my nose and upper lip - and no breakouts! It's a bit too greasy to use as hand lotion, but I use it on my feet and any dry patches on my body. My new HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Aquaphor! I can not say enough about this product! I have cracked, dry lips always and everyday, until I started using Aquaphor. It is my go to for my lips, hands, and any oter area that is dry and in need of love. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, nor does it smell or taste bad. I think that everyone can benefit from this miracle worker! I just got some small sample tubes from my mother which I keep in my purse. You can find these at Target! kinda of pricey for two small tubes, but they make it easier to carry with you. I keep a tube in my desk and one in my medicine cabinet. The price point is fair and reasonable. To be honest, I would pay anything for this. I hope you love it as much as I do. Btw, I do not use it on my face or as a moisturizer b/c I am oily and think this would make my skin break out badly. I do use this on cuts and anything else in need of healing. Enjoy!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Count me in as another lip balm addict who has seen the light and converted to an Aquaphor fan. This stuff isn't very glamorous, but it works just as well as my beloved Kiehl's #1, is 1/3 of the price, and is a slightly thicker consistency, so it makes an excellent base for lipstick and stays on my lips longer. I will probably always have a tub of Kiehl's around for sentimental reasons, but Aquaphor will be replacing everything else!

This is a great drugstore standby, and like Johnsonís & Johnsonís Baby Oil itís a great multi-tasker for all ages. In the winter my skin is extremely dry (think constant redness, itching and peeling) but also extremely sensitive. None of the ďsuperĒ nighttime moisturizers by cosmetic companies work. So for me, I like to put a drop of Aura Caciaís Sweet Almond Oil, let it sink in, then layer Aquaphor over it to seal in the hydration. I have the pot, which isnít the most sanitary, but they do have it in tubes. So I usually dip two fingers in the pot and then rub between my fingers to emulsify it, and then gently pat it onto my skin. I try to do this an hour before I get in bed so that it absorbs. I also have the travel tubes in my purse and use it as lip balm, to soothe irritated skin on my body, tame unruly eyebrows, moisturize my cuticles Ö