Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Aquaphor! I can not say enough about this product! I have cracked, dry lips always and everyday, until I started using Aquaphor. It is my go to for my lips, hands, and any oter area that is dry and in need of love. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, nor does it smell or taste bad. I think that everyone can benefit from this miracle worker! I just got some small sample tubes from my mother which I keep in my purse. You can find these at Target! kinda of pricey for two small tubes, but they make it easier to carry with you. I keep a tube in my desk and one in my medicine cabinet. The price point is fair and reasonable. To be honest, I would pay anything for this. I hope you love it as much as I do. Btw, I do not use it on my face or as a moisturizer b/c I am oily and think this would make my skin break out badly. I do use this on cuts and anything else in need of healing. Enjoy!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Count me in as another lip balm addict who has seen the light and converted to an Aquaphor fan. This stuff isn't very glamorous, but it works just as well as my beloved Kiehl's #1, is 1/3 of the price, and is a slightly thicker consistency, so it makes an excellent base for lipstick and stays on my lips longer. I will probably always have a tub of Kiehl's around for sentimental reasons, but Aquaphor will be replacing everything else!

This is a great drugstore standby, and like Johnsonís & Johnsonís Baby Oil itís a great multi-tasker for all ages. In the winter my skin is extremely dry (think constant redness, itching and peeling) but also extremely sensitive. None of the ďsuperĒ nighttime moisturizers by cosmetic companies work. So for me, I like to put a drop of Aura Caciaís Sweet Almond Oil, let it sink in, then layer Aquaphor over it to seal in the hydration. I have the pot, which isnít the most sanitary, but they do have it in tubes. So I usually dip two fingers in the pot and then rub between my fingers to emulsify it, and then gently pat it onto my skin. I try to do this an hour before I get in bed so that it absorbs. I also have the travel tubes in my purse and use it as lip balm, to soothe irritated skin on my body, tame unruly eyebrows, moisturize my cuticles Ö

my body is used to humidity...and i moved down south where it rains like five times a year... for like ten minutes.. so my skin is parched
so during winter when the heat is on.. my skin gets so itchy from the dryness... i use manoi oil, baby oil and then shea butter on my body now
i used to use cream on my face estee''s daywear.. and it's was fine...just not for the cold dry weather... i've been here two years.. and every winter i had that problem for a couple months..then ,my face would peel and when it got hot again.. it'd be back to normal..
well, my face started itching for three days when i had enough and wouldn't go through the burn and peeling feeling again....so i went to get some aquaphor... (i've been using bio-oil for a while.. skin seems even where new acne scars don't cover...i'm almost done with the bottle...but that's another review)
i used it
first day directly over my itchy skin, i couldn't sleep before the aquafor coz it felt like burning... but less then a week later.. my skin is back to normal.. and well moisturized...
in the morning , i mix in less than a half a pea size amount into a little bit of kiel's ultra facial moisturiser or cetaphil dail facial moisturizer, under my makeup...my mom is a moisture freak...and she definitely noiticed dewy skin.. instead of alligator skin

i had rashes, redness, dry spots, burning skin one day.. and less then a week later.. it's like it never happened
my HG of everything..it's really healing!!

on 1/6/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks to prescription acne meds such as duac gel (benzoyl peroxide) and retin-A, the skin around my mouth and on my chin and nose flakes and peels like nobody's business.

Aquaphor is the ONLY moisturizer to ever have taken care of this flaking issue for me. I have tried countless moisturizers, and this is it. I only use it at night since it is much more like a heavy balm than something lighter that more readily sinks into the skin, but it is worth it.

I've had an unfortunate allergy to any lip products with pigment, and most lip balms (I know, it's awful!) and the very worst of times, when my lips were yucky and peeling, this is what saved them. It's incredibly good stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Without a doubt, this is one of the best moisturizers out there!

While it's vaseline-like in texture and appearance, Aquaphor really helps to heal and protect dry, chapped skin. It's not like a typical "moisturizer"- I wouldn't slather this all over my body, because it would never sink in. But this works to heal and moisturize rough spots like elbows, knees, chapped hands, and feet.

One of the best things I've found to do with it is to put it on the bottom of my feet (where I'm prone to calluses and rough spots) right before I go to workout. The sweat/heat from being inside a sock inside of my shoe really helps the Aquaphor to soak in, When I'm done working out and take my socks off, voila! Nice, smooth, soft feet. Doing this two or three times a week has really helped to transform my feet from being rough and callous-y to smooth and baby soft. Great stuff! I always have a tub sitting on my bathroom sink.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

use to love carmex or smith's rosebud salve but now im an aquaphor convert! makes my lips super soft..i use this as a base b4 applying lippies

on 12/29/2007 9:00:00 PM

I am a chapstick-aholic. I am constantly in need of some sort of lip balm and almost panic if I'm out without any and find myself with dry lips. While looking at reviews I kept reading that this was the best stuff for lips. I could not agree more. This is FABULOUS! I can put it on once in the morning and once at night and be content the rest of the day. During the winter I may apply one more time, but I don't need to apply even half as often as with other things. I will never use any other lip balm. This is the greatest!!

I bought this, of course, because of MUA, and I use it quite often as a lip balm. It is not too gooey but feels great on dry, peeling lips. It has no scent, which is in its favor. A little goes a long way.

I also bought this in the larger size for putting on my heels at night. I have extremely dry heels, and am desperately searching for something that will make them softer with the least amount of work. Aquafor helps somewhat, but I didn't find it extraordinary. It is not a smoothly applying product but works okay when it's on the nightstand.