April 18, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Aquaphor. It's the do-all heal-all ointment. It's great for lips and any place on the body. I even like it on my super dry eye area sometimes. It is a bit expensive though, about $9 for the tub. But a little totally goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by globear

This stuff is really rich and wonderful for dry lips or skin patches. It feels heavy but not greasy and really, really helps for skin dried out by retinol or bp. great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Eyerish444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY lip moisturizer that worked for me while taking Accutane...and my lips were a mess! I would definitely recommend this for anyone with a chapped lip problem or even to use underneath lipstick to keep them moisturized. Wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by grich17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I have tried every kind of lip balm for dry, peeling lips in the winter, and the only thing that has worked has been Aquaphor. It is truly a fantastic product. I hope they never stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by berlina

I received this in a bunch of samples as a gift from the lovely sarita. She had lots of them, I'm telling you, I think she hoards the stuff!

So anyways, this is my go to treatment for anything wrong. I think it kind of works like the tooth fairy, or the magical boo boo fairy. You think if something goes wrong you can have this be-all-end-all product that will make everything be okay. But, alas, nothing is magical in this world. I use this when I get cracked dry skin and it does help, but at the same time I have tried using it as an ointment for bug bites and it doesn't really do anything but act as a moisturizing shield. I suspect this is why it is so great for dry lips.

So in conclusion, if you want a magical solution to your woes, contact Peter Pan. If you want something to soothe dry cracked irritated skin, Aquaphor is your man!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by EssenceofJas

I bought my first tube of Aquaphor early this year but forgot about it really quickly -- It's sooo boring and one thing I look for in lip balms is cute packaging (rosebud salve!). So I left it in my bathroom for a few weeks until I saw my dad's feet (nasty sight!) with peeling, flaking, prone to bleeding skin and promptly handed him my tube of Aquaphor to replace the Vaseline he was using. He loves it! His feet, while not perfect, are now much much better and he can go for days without applying anything! There's still some flaking but no more bleeding, which is a huge improvement.

Anyway, I got him his own huge tub and let him keep the tube and bought another one for myself. I used it again and it makes my lips sooo nice and soft and pink, the only problem is it feels a bit heavy and is quite ugly (but the baby version is a teeny bit cuter) so I plan on putting it in my almost empty Rosebud Salve tin.

The price is pretty good too, I believe I got the baby version of Aquaphor (same thing, but bigger than the regular tube version and cheaper at 3oz) for $5 at a drugstore. My first tube was around $8 and it has half of the baby tube! Either way, it was cheap cheap for a lip balm/general moisturizer (for me anyway :P ) that works wonders!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by lipglosslover023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is ok its very greasy but it also takes like 3 days for it to fully heal craked dry skin. It moisturizes pretty well to. I dont think i'll be buying it again though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this over, and over, and over again. It's been a godsend while my lips are accutane parched. And it only take 2 minutes for them to be begging for assistance. And this stuff NEVER fails. And when i had dry flaking patches on my body, wow, in a couple days, they were gone. I would not use this on my face (except lips) however, afraid of potential breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by cyau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing on lips, super moisturizing (my best lip conditioner thus far!)
multi-purpose ointment. also if u want super soft feet put this on overnight or during the day and wear a sock over it. immediate results of super softness produced. basically anywhere u feel is extra extra dry. this is a good seal in moisture ointment. However, it could feel a little "suffocated"/ heavy and or sticky. So usually i just use it on my lips. :) All around staple ointment to have around at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is incredible! We bought it when my sister went through a bad bout of eczema when she was around two years old. Well, she grew out of her eczema, but we still have the massive tub lying around. Not the most cheapest thing on the shelf, but certainly a good alternative to Vaseline (which we found to be too 'thick' and didn't let the skin 'breathe'). This ointment is much lighter than Vaseline and actually feels like it soaks into the skin and at least doesn't leave your fingers with a greasy layer like Vaseline does. Anyways, it's the only thing I really feel comfortable leaving on my eyelids (I get dry patches of eczema on my eyelids) after cleansing my face and taking off my makeup. Wake up the next morning with perfectly moisturized eyelids and no irrtation to speak of. Not to mention a little goes SUCH a long way. I also started using it as a lipbalm to condition my lips at night because I can't be bothered to dig out my real lipbalm and it still works like a dream. Don't know what I'd really do without it, to be perfectly honest. All the good moisturizing qualities of Vaseline without all the icky stickiness and greasiness that comes with Vaseline! Yay.