October 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Was surprised to spot this at my Maxi pharmacy section here in Quebec, Canada. I bought the big tub, because that's all they had. Was very underwhelmed. The feeling on my skin is no different than petroleum jelly IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by NicoleS3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had extremely bad eczema on my hands and patches on my face that would not go away; my doctor prescribed a steroid cream and recommended this to me. She said I could even try using it on my face at night; she also told me that it was very thick and very greasy.

At that point, I was thinking---Yeah, right. I really don't think I'm putting something like that on my already oily and acne prone face. Plus, I don't like using petroleum products if I can help it, but my hands were desperate, so I bought it (and yes, it is more expensive than Vaseline).

Anyway, this stuff did wondrous things for my hands in only a couple days, and the consistency and feel of it is so much better than Vaseline (which I hate), and it doesn't stink like Vaseline (even though it is made with petroleum). I put it on at night and put on cotton gloves; I also put it on my feet and then put on socks; in just a couple days, my skin was much better and so soft.

I was so impressed, I decided to try it on my face--I was so scared I'd wake up with a face full of pimples and an unmoveable oil slick, BUT, that didn't happen. When I woke up, my skin was very soft, and my eczema spots (pretty large ones) were almost healed, and the pimples I already had were smaller, less red, and less painful.

I don't know how this works, but it is SOOO much better than Vaseline, and it has healed any dry or damaged skin I've had. Now that my eczema is gone, I still use this as a facial, hand, and foot moisturizer a couple times a week. This really is a healing ointment, and no one could be more surprised than I.

Edited to add: Yes, I did also use the steroid cream while I was using this because the eczema was bad, but now that it's gone, when the eczema spots pop back up, I use the Aquaphor, and it does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I always saw this at the store, but didn't think much of it. However, combined with the high reviews on Productville and the latest InStyle mag where Lucy Liu bragged about this stuff, I thought I'd give it a shot. I picked up the small 2-tube pack at Duane Reade for $5.99. Each tube is about the size of a lipgloss, so I have one on my bedside table, and the other in my makeup bag.

This has replaced my beloved Rosebud Salve as daily/nightly lipbalm. I like that it does not have a scent (though I do like the rosebud scent of the salve), it's not too greasy, and the container is very sanitary and perfect.

I would buy this again and again, and would recommend to everyone for chapped lips, too! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mautan17

wow i would like to warn that everybody must have it bcos of its very low price and very good quality. you pay around 10$ but it lasts for a year. Right now, i really want it cos i bought it in US but it is not available in my country.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by emsiemilia

This is the only product of any kind out there that I would call my HG. I have chapped lips worse than ANYONE else I know, and have searched for over a decade looking for something that actually worked. Aquaphor is it. It is THE perfect lip moisturizer. It's nice and shiny; I like the texture better than vaseline-- it's smoother somehow, a little more emmollient and moist. I wish it came in smaller packages, but I really can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

I first used this 5 years ago on a recommendation by my dermatolgist; my skin was sensitized to everything at that point, and I was truly desperate. For raw, troubled, sensitized skin, I've never found anything better. It is indeed super greasy so you can only apply it at night, but the next morning any serious skin problem is improved. This is my HG emergency repair cream + daily lip moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many thanks to everyone at MUA. My skin is dry and mature (43) and really red. I thought I was suffering from roscea and was considering going to the dermo. After a very big mistake last night using La Mer's horrible facial mask...didn't read reviews and am paying for it. My skin was a mess!!! Dry, itchy and more red than usual. Oh so lovely! I spent an hour reading reviews on aquaphor. Have always used on lips, but due to all the positive reviews, slathered on face. Oh my 24 hours later every face feels sooo good and although is still slightly red, looks better than it has in years!!! Use the little travel tubes as the big tub is unwieldy and messy. This is a lifesaver!!! Yes, it is very greasy, but the results are worth it!!! Rather be greasy than itchy, tight and red. Also can blot after 10 minutes. Sorry this is so long but I have tried everything, including Eucerin and I can't believe these results!!! Have read that this won't break you out and will keep you updated. Again thanks MUA for all the awesome advice!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by roxy9135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

During my Accutane months, this is the one thing I could not live without. I am not exaggerating, before I go anywhere I check for my keys, phone, and aquaphor (sample size for when i go out; drugstore size at home). As all you Accutane-ers know, if you simply drink 1 sip of water, your lips will instantly start to peel/bleed/shrivel. Not with aquaphor by my side. It has now been 2 years since I have come off of accutane and left my dry chapped lips behind, but I still have my aquaphor at home. I just put it on before I go to sleep now, and wake up the next morning with moisturized lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I only use this as a lip treatment and I love it! It's great if you're using bp products to treat acne because my lips always end up dry even if I don't get near them with the bp!I tried using this on rough patches like my elbows but I just can't stand how this feels on my skin. I wish I would have purchased the tube instead of the tub since I'm only using for lips more sanitary and convenient that way...will repurchase very nice treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cowartgirl

I love this stuff. It works wonders on chapped lips. I also use this as a lip gloss along with my favorite lip liner. Truly moisturizes lips.
Also works well on cuts and burns. I also use it to remove racoon eyes from washed off mascara. A regular multi-purpose product. A must have in my household.