Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 12/25/2007 10:46:00 PM

This works well on cracked skin and lips. I like to use this on my hands when they are cracked, and on my cracked heels. The ingredients help in healing the skin, so it is different from the 'original ointment' you get in the big tub. It is a bit thicker than regular Vaseline so it isn't very pleasant to use, but the results are worth the trouble. I recommend this for everyone with dry and cracked skin, and also for use on babies.

on 12/25/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Aquaphor is a pretty good product, and it's definitely moisturizing. However, it doesn't strike me as any better than A&D ointment (though it doesn't have the smell, which is a plus), and coconut oil works better on my face if it's exceedingly dry (and has many other uses as well). It's good, but I probably won't repurchase it when less expensive products serve me just as well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I broke down and decided to try this "use for everything" product. I do have to say that it really does work. I really didn't want to use this because of the ever dreaded mineral oil that is it's top ingredient, but I guess that moderation, like everything else, is the key. Anyway, I've used this on my hands, on my feet, on my lips, and (gasp!) under my eyes! My skin is super dry this time of year and despite my awesome skin products, I needed a little extra so I bought Aquaphor. Needless to say, it's now one of my staples.

on 12/23/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There are not too many products that I buy over and over again except for Aquaphor. It is not glorified Vaseline!!! My plastic surgeon uses it on burn victims, dermabrasion and laser patients. They also use it on healing sutures and scars to keep them from drying out.

I had a chemical burn from a sunscreen that I was highly allergic to. I had almost a burn like mark underneath both eyes with peeling and scaling. I tried A& D ointment, vitamin e oil. Emu oil and straight vaseline. None worked. Then my PS suggested Aquaphor. Overnight my skin looked 90% healed. within 3 days it was healed completely. I use this stuff nightly on my dry patches, elbows, feet and hands. It makes my skin soft and supple. I suffer from breakouts too and this does not make me breakout at all. It's a pure form of pharmaceutical grade petroleum mixed with lanolin and other moisturizing and healing ingredients. Vaseline may be cheap but it's not the same thing. I have to give this stuff HG status. I do not go without. It may seem expensive initially, but I buy the large tub and it lasts forever. I keep small tubes in my purse and desk too. My mom suffered from cracked dry heals and nothing was working until she used aquaphor and now she is hooked.

Update: Found another fabulous use for this ointment. Tattoo aftercare. It really helps heal the tattoo nicely. I have several tattoos and my last one kept all it's color intact and still looks fresh.

on 12/23/2007 12:05:00 PM

I bought this a year ago based off of the great reviews on MUA, and they were not wrong! This has become a staple in my nightstand, and I plan to buy some purse-sized tubes. I use this nightly on my lips, and wake up with them perfectly soft and flake-free. I've also used this on my feet overnight with socks, and awoke to much softer feet and heels. Another way I use Aquaphor is on cuts and scrapes that are healing! I think it definitely helps the skin to repair more quickly than without anything on it. This is a great product, and I now see why it's been around for so long!

on 12/21/2007 2:33:00 PM

I love this stuff! it saved my dry hands and it moisturizes my lips. it is great for the cold, windy san francisco weather. sometimes if i'm especially dry i will use this stuff out of the tub after i shower and then i go to bed. i wake up with super-soft skin.

on 12/17/2007 2:51:00 PM

a few questions....how does petroleum jelly qualify as an 'active ingredient'? why is aquaphor so expensive when its ingredients are fairly common moisturizers (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol) found in lots of other products? yes, i tried straight vaseline and realized now why eucerin still makes aquaphor - it's MUCH than just petroleum jelly and clearly it's their trade secret since no one else has figured out why. i've tried tons of expensive eye creams - la mer, laura mercier, and shiseido - and none of them can compare to just plain old aquaphor. in my younger (acne-prone) years i shied away from anything that was remotely heavy. i can alternate my la mer face cream with aquaphor every night and not only am i blemish-free, my skin looks fresh and glowing! because i have pretty dry skin, this ointment doesn't give me milia or any other odd growths - just baby-soft, fresh looking skin.

on 12/16/2007 2:14:00 AM

HGHGHG! This, along with olive oil, is a number one beauty staple for me. My grandmother has used this for decades; she used it with all 8 of her children and every single one of them still uses it. One of my aunts said she can't use anything else. I use this for when my lips get chapped (nothing works better, I have not tried the Aquaphor lip treatment, though, I don't know if the formula is different from this) as well as slathering my feet after scrubbing them in the shower and wearing socks to bed (nothing works better for this either). I also mix it with my lotion and during the winter, mix a little with my moisturizer before I put on my makeup, it makes it blend better imo. I also use it interchangeably or with my night cream, especially on my eyes. And it works very well for hands, especially during the cold winters where I live. I do prefer the tube, although you get less for your money, but I have both and usually keep a tube in my backpack or purse and the jars at home. I also have the mini-tubes. /obsessed.
I guess this has been called glorified vaseline, so I must say that if I can buy a cheap version of a product, I do, no question. This is not one of them. Aquaphor has healing powers with which vaseline cannot compare. Besides, it's a family tradition. A must-have, an HG staple for me, for life.

on 12/15/2007 10:54:00 PM

This product is the ONLY thing that calms down my eczmea without burning or stinging when I appy. It feels kind of gross when you apply it -very thick and goopy- and doesn't have the most pleasing appearance -very shiny- so I only use it at night. The trick for me is to apply a thick layer of it and let it sink in overnight, then I gently exfoliate with a soft warm washcloth and it gets all the dried up skin off without hurting. It's also great if you overtreat a breakout and get a dried up patch. I would not recomend this as a general all over moisturizer but more of a spot treatment for extremely dry skin.

on 12/15/2007 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I lucked into a couple of sample-size tubes of Aquaphor, so they didn't cost me anything, and I really dig it for lip balm. It provides cooling moisture without burning my lips with peppermint. Also good for hands and nails in dry weather. I like that I can opt for a tube rather than a jar I have to stick my fingers into. And it lasts a long time; I will buy it again if I ever use up the samples I have!