Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 1/6/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks to prescription acne meds such as duac gel (benzoyl peroxide) and retin-A, the skin around my mouth and on my chin and nose flakes and peels like nobody's business.

Aquaphor is the ONLY moisturizer to ever have taken care of this flaking issue for me. I have tried countless moisturizers, and this is it. I only use it at night since it is much more like a heavy balm than something lighter that more readily sinks into the skin, but it is worth it.

I've had an unfortunate allergy to any lip products with pigment, and most lip balms (I know, it's awful!) and the very worst of times, when my lips were yucky and peeling, this is what saved them. It's incredibly good stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Without a doubt, this is one of the best moisturizers out there!

While it's vaseline-like in texture and appearance, Aquaphor really helps to heal and protect dry, chapped skin. It's not like a typical "moisturizer"- I wouldn't slather this all over my body, because it would never sink in. But this works to heal and moisturize rough spots like elbows, knees, chapped hands, and feet.

One of the best things I've found to do with it is to put it on the bottom of my feet (where I'm prone to calluses and rough spots) right before I go to workout. The sweat/heat from being inside a sock inside of my shoe really helps the Aquaphor to soak in, When I'm done working out and take my socks off, voila! Nice, smooth, soft feet. Doing this two or three times a week has really helped to transform my feet from being rough and callous-y to smooth and baby soft. Great stuff! I always have a tub sitting on my bathroom sink.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

use to love carmex or smith's rosebud salve but now im an aquaphor convert! makes my lips super soft..i use this as a base b4 applying lippies

on 12/29/2007 9:00:00 PM

I am a chapstick-aholic. I am constantly in need of some sort of lip balm and almost panic if I'm out without any and find myself with dry lips. While looking at reviews I kept reading that this was the best stuff for lips. I could not agree more. This is FABULOUS! I can put it on once in the morning and once at night and be content the rest of the day. During the winter I may apply one more time, but I don't need to apply even half as often as with other things. I will never use any other lip balm. This is the greatest!!

I bought this, of course, because of MUA, and I use it quite often as a lip balm. It is not too gooey but feels great on dry, peeling lips. It has no scent, which is in its favor. A little goes a long way.

I also bought this in the larger size for putting on my heels at night. I have extremely dry heels, and am desperately searching for something that will make them softer with the least amount of work. Aquafor helps somewhat, but I didn't find it extraordinary. It is not a smoothly applying product but works okay when it's on the nightstand.

on 12/25/2007 10:46:00 PM

This works well on cracked skin and lips. I like to use this on my hands when they are cracked, and on my cracked heels. The ingredients help in healing the skin, so it is different from the 'original ointment' you get in the big tub. It is a bit thicker than regular Vaseline so it isn't very pleasant to use, but the results are worth the trouble. I recommend this for everyone with dry and cracked skin, and also for use on babies.

on 12/25/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Aquaphor is a pretty good product, and it's definitely moisturizing. However, it doesn't strike me as any better than A&D ointment (though it doesn't have the smell, which is a plus), and coconut oil works better on my face if it's exceedingly dry (and has many other uses as well). It's good, but I probably won't repurchase it when less expensive products serve me just as well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I broke down and decided to try this "use for everything" product. I do have to say that it really does work. I really didn't want to use this because of the ever dreaded mineral oil that is it's top ingredient, but I guess that moderation, like everything else, is the key. Anyway, I've used this on my hands, on my feet, on my lips, and (gasp!) under my eyes! My skin is super dry this time of year and despite my awesome skin products, I needed a little extra so I bought Aquaphor. Needless to say, it's now one of my staples.

on 12/23/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There are not too many products that I buy over and over again except for Aquaphor. It is not glorified Vaseline!!! My plastic surgeon uses it on burn victims, dermabrasion and laser patients. They also use it on healing sutures and scars to keep them from drying out.

I had a chemical burn from a sunscreen that I was highly allergic to. I had almost a burn like mark underneath both eyes with peeling and scaling. I tried A& D ointment, vitamin e oil. Emu oil and straight vaseline. None worked. Then my PS suggested Aquaphor. Overnight my skin looked 90% healed. within 3 days it was healed completely. I use this stuff nightly on my dry patches, elbows, feet and hands. It makes my skin soft and supple. I suffer from breakouts too and this does not make me breakout at all. It's a pure form of pharmaceutical grade petroleum mixed with lanolin and other moisturizing and healing ingredients. Vaseline may be cheap but it's not the same thing. I have to give this stuff HG status. I do not go without. It may seem expensive initially, but I buy the large tub and it lasts forever. I keep small tubes in my purse and desk too. My mom suffered from cracked dry heals and nothing was working until she used aquaphor and now she is hooked.

Update: Found another fabulous use for this ointment. Tattoo aftercare. It really helps heal the tattoo nicely. I have several tattoos and my last one kept all it's color intact and still looks fresh.