December 19, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very thin lips and tend to lick them a lot when I'm nervous so they are usually dry. Although this is not marketed as a lip plumping product, I put this on every night before I go to bed and wake up with amazingly soft and plumper lips. I use it every day under lip gloss for extra moisturizing and plumping, too. It is definitely a product I would not want to live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have eczema and my dermatologist and doctors would always recommend Eucerin and Aquaphor. I used Aquaphor for several years, but what finally treated my eczema was Aveeno. Aquaphor does help, but I can't tell the difference between Aquaphor and Vaseline. Also, why is Aquaphor so so so much more expensive than Vaseline?! I guess Aquaphor does help, but I feel like it's overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those who say this is just glorified vaseline, that's not true. Vaseline's only ingredient is petroleum jelly. Aquaphor's are: Petrolatum, Mineral oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol. It's truly a miracle product! My face tolerates petrolatum just fine, so I use this as a nighttime moisturizer, eye cream and lip balm - amazing! My undereye puffiness is so much reduced - I'm ecstatic!!! Love it, it's so soothing. It also helps reduce redness and inflammation from blemishes. My skin is nice and smooth when I wake up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by RainWhenIDie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use this more often in the colder months and it works wonders. I also had great results with this after I used too much Retin-A. I will always continue to buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Also bought this after the Lucy Liu article, but mostly out of desperation due to cracked and bleeding lips. I was willing to try anything since one of the cracks would NOT heal. The crack in the cormner of my lips that didn't go away for 2 weeks is healing after 2 short days. It is like a miracle. This will be a winter staple, and I hadn't even heard of it until that article.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by monicaphil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought aquaphors at the drug store because I had read so many recommendations from the skin care board. This product is awesome. It has become my nightstand favorite. I use it all over, my face, lips, hands, body and feet. I'm going to get the smaller tube to keep in my travel bag, that way I'll never be without it. It replaces so many different products and at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:00:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

People always talked about this product and it seemed too good to be true. Nope. It truly is a wonderful product. I have been applying it on my lips every morning over over a year now. I have no problems with dried or cracked lips at all. I apply it before lipstick or gloss (with gloss, I blot a bit) It's not too thick or greasy. It's just right for giving me soft lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I don't know where people are getting "petroleum-free" from. If you look at the ingredients list, that is the main active ingredient... I was reluctant to buy it at first because it did seem like a "glorified Vaseline" until I saw a teeny trial tube for sale at CVS. $1 couldn't hurt, right? I already have Vaseline to use on various parts of the body, but it tastes awful when I put it on my chapped lips. Aquaphor is virtually tasteless and odorless, goes on smooth, and I woke up this morning with soft smooth lips. I'd really recommend the little tube for your lips or face; for anything else, save some money and buy Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never bothered trying this until now, since I figured it was just expensive Vaseline. But it really is different. I still like my Carmex, but Aquaphor is better - no smell, not as gloppy, calms irritation immediately (when my lips get dry they also burn), and is better under/over lipstick. So now I keep little tubes of this all over. It is a bit pricey for what you get, but it is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Was surprised to spot this at my Maxi pharmacy section here in Quebec, Canada. I bought the big tub, because that's all they had. Was very underwhelmed. The feeling on my skin is no different than petroleum jelly IMO.