August 31, 2014 | 1342 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by nena1432

i am very satisfied with this foundation. i'm in the shade 220 & its my perfect color. i have alot of acne scars & it covered it pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lightest shade 110 is perfect for me. Not only it's light enough, it's very neutral. Didn't cause any breakouts. Didn't become oily or dry. Coverage, finish, and staying power are mediocre though, and bottle needs a pump, or it should be packaged in a tube. I can't imagine how all of the product can be gotten out of that glass bottle, it's not liquidy and watery enough for all of it to pour out easily, a lot will end up thrown out because it won't be able to come out and will be stuck to the walls. Right now I'm dipping a q tip in there and then applying to my face. I don't even want to pour it since I can't control how much would come out. Maybe such stupid design was intended so that it's repurchased more often. It looks like you are buying a decent amount of product, but how much of it can you actually use up?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Raven91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not the best, but it's not the worst that I have tried. I have been a fan of Maybelline since I started wearing their wonderful Pure Makeup (since discontinued unfortunately). So I have been looking for a replacement, I have very fair skin so its hard to find something good to replace.

Now I have found this to match me well, well enough that I don't look like an oompa loompa when I need extra coverage. However I have problems with it because;
A. The liquid is very thin, and there is no pump so there is major opportunity to pour out more than you need.
B. Doesn't last very long, and makes me extra shiny.
C. A little bit of product for the price.

This is an okay foundation but I am still searching for a good cheap one to use for school and such.

For the days I want to look extra nice or need extra power I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Great product, though pricey which is why it is only used for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use number 120. It's quite good and it has pretty good coverage. Sometimes I find it a bit too oily and byt the end of the day most of it has rubbed off. I dont like the packaging because you have to pour it so you end up wasting a whole heap of it, this would be much better with a pump or dropper thing like the discontinued mineral foundation also by Maybelline. Overall I would buy this product again because the colour fits my skin tone well and it goes on nice and easy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

(v1 - this is the review for the original liquid formula released in 01/2011. It has been reformulated as a gel in 01/2012 - see overall)

There are several reasons why I wanted to try Fit Me: translucent pigments are the new trend and this was one of the first ones to be released, it's cheap, 110 looks really light, I never use Maybelline, and I got it for only $2.

PROS: 110 is a good color. It's super light, neutral, and lacks a pink tone... but at the same time it's not yellow or orange (eventually oxidizes to a neutralish color on me though that looks off but seems like everything does to me). Beautiful natural looking sheer-light light coverage. Blends really easily, you know the kind, chock full of silicones, almost self blending.

CONS: There is nothing longwearing about Fit Me at all, especially if you try to build it up to medium coverage. In not many hours, it feels wet, it gets shiny quickly, and transfers when touched. Any light setting and you WILL have the problems I just explained. With a light layer of powder, it doesn't feel dry, it breaks through quick showing noticable shine, and then from there, it looks like I didn't set it at all. This all happens much faster than you'd think too. A huge annoyance but not totally dealbreaking since this is a cheap drugstore foundation that makes no longwearing or matte claims and GLYCERIN is the 4th ingredient. It's to be expected. Also, there is shimmer in this stuff. It's WAY less noticable than Revlon PhotoReady though. They did a much better job disguising it (whereas Revlon just dumped a whole damn bucket of shimmer into PhotoReady). One other thing I really dislike about Fit Me is it's a VERY thin, fluid formula, so much that it translates into real life streaking more than usual with my MAC 191 (this is kind of true about all thin foundations though).

OTHER: Horrible packaging. NO pump. At least it's simple so it keeps costs down. If you pour out too much and are quick, you can put excess back in.

OVERALL: This is a good foundation with some nasty quirks. If used properly - carefully blended and set well, then it looks totally natural and does indeed come off as a good "fit" for skin. Do I buy the translucent pigment bit? A little. It's not a totally perfect match since it's like I cause everything to oxidize over time and my neck is super pale (I match to my neck) but it's ultra close otherwise. I would only see this working for Very Dry - Normal skin due to the finish and not long lasting properties. The current ratings for Fit Me (3.1/50% buy/3.3 package out of 829 reviews) are pretty accurate now that I look at them. One other thing I want to mention is that Fit Me was JUST reformulated a month or 2 ago (January 2012) - it is now called a Gel Foundation. I know it was reformulated since it coincides with increased Fit Me advertising in print media, as well as international ads featuring the Gel text, AND during the same time period, manufacturer's coupons were released for $3 off Fit Me - perfect time to get consumers to clean out the old stock or try the new formula at a reduced price. This is all not a coincidence. I'm hoping due to the gel consistency the foundation isn't as overly fluid and lasts longer. I can't wait to track that one down!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by airoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very pleased with the colour of this foundation. Being very pale and with a slight yellowish undertone nr 110 porcelain matched my skintone perfectly!
The downside is thought that I doesn't work on my dry-very dry skin :/ I mixed it with Maxfactors ivory (which is too dark for me now *sigh*) and I can wear it. It stil doesn't look perfect but it's better than before :)
But because it doesn't work on dry skin I won't buy it again. Maybe if they release a similar product with more moisture I'll buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by KakeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this foundation after all the raves on here. I was hesitant, but I tried it any way. I did NOT like this product. It made my skin orange and shiny. The fit me powder DEFINITELY does not go with the foundation at all, it makes it look even worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

ugh. I really wanted to like this foundation. This gives you a very dewy finish, which was not good for my oily skin! I always look even more oilier than normal when I wear it, even when I set it with a powder. I also sometimes get some transfer with this product. I also hate the packaging. There's no pump or anything, so you can't really control how much product you want (which is a total turn off for me in a foundation.) I always ended up pouring way more than necessary. It doesn't really have a smell and it provides okay (light ish) coverage. It's bad, but it wasn't horrendous enough to not wear everyday. I actually used up half of the bottle since I hated seeing $10 go to waste. I only wore it to school/places I don't really care about/when I'm not seeing anyone special. I would not buy again. If you're someone with dry or normal skin AND you're looking for a dewy finish and not heavy coverage, this might be an okay foundation for you. Otherwise, I don't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Quite happy with this product, purchased it in Ivory and Classic Ivory.

Goes on sheer but gives quite good natural coverage.

My skin didn't feel heavy or cakey like some foundations can leave you. Quite moisturising and didn't settle into my lines, I felt fresh faced all day.

A little bit of setting powder and I was good to go.

The only thing I don't like is the bottle, there is no control and too much product pour out as this is quite a thin fluid and you really don't need too much product on your face. I hate waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Fit Me! Foundation is a sheer coverage foundation that "lets the real you come through". This is my first Maybelline foundation, and only my third one ever, so please excuse me if this isn't my best review. This dermatologist, oil free foundation is available in 18 shades, which is a wide selection by drugstore standards. Every shade is promised to match natural tones, and features SPF 18. Unfortunately, Maybelline products are tested on animals, so please keep that in mind when choosing their products. Maybelline does not list where this product was manufactured. I purchased my 1 fl oz bottle at Ulta for $7.99, but I've seen this foundation priced as low as $5.50. I have the slightest shade, 110, Porcelain.
Packaging for Fit Me Foundation is pretty simple, but not exceptionally functional. There's no pump or any other type of dispenser, you just pour it out on to the back of your hand or a palette. That has the potential to be messy, wasteful, and unhygienic. The packaging is pretty plain, but looks ok. A rectangular, clear glass bottle that isn't bulky, but doesn't feel too fragile either. The twist on cap is made of black plastic. The Fit Me logo and number of the shade are both stickers, which tend to peel up at the side, making the product look cheap.
Fit Me applies pretty well. My preferred method of applying this particular foundation is with a dampened cosmetic wedge, but I've also used a foundation brush. A dollop a little bit larger than an american quarter is enough to cover my whole face, neck, and if needed, my ears. When applied with a damp sponge, this foundation blends flawlessly, as promised. However, when applied with a foundation brush, it didn't blend well, and looked quite streaky. Honestly, I think it was the brush's fault.
The finish of of Fit Me foundation is lovely. It's a sheer to light coverage foundation, but its fairly buildable. Despite it's sheerness, Fit Me provides surprisingly good coverage. I recommend pairing it with Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer, as it has a very similar texture to Fit Me and they blend together perfectly. Fit Me has a beautiful, glowy, dewy, yet natural finish that makes skin look healthy and youthful, without appearing greasy or oily. Because of the sheer nature of Fit Me, it won't make your skin look flawless, but it will even out your complexion, brighten it, and mask any minor imperfections.
I can comfortably say 110 is the best, closest color match I have ever had. It matches my skin tone perfectly,so well that I have a hard time seeing where I've applied foundation and where I haven't. The dewiness gives it away though. I compared it to my beloved BYS Age Defying Foundation, which I previously thought was a near perfect match, and it looks at least half a shade darker in comparison. There's something so satisfying about finding your perfect color match. It makes me wonder how Maybelline was able to capture my skin tone in a way that no other company has (except Rimmel). Porcelain ought to be renamed after me, or at least have it's number replaced by my favorite number.
Fit Me wears pretty well under normal circumstances. I'd say I get about 8 hours of wear from it without a primer. I can't comment how it wears with a face primer, as I don't have one, but I am meaning to get one. In those 8 hours I have no wear issues like settling into lines or pores, and certainly no caking at all. The dewiness does tend to mattify after a couple hours though. Removal is no problem at all. A quick swipe of a face wipe, or just washing your face should remove just about all of this foundation. Your toner should take care of any remaining residue, not that there will be much.
I've read a lot of negative reviews for Maybelline's Fit Me, saying that it causes break outs, irritation, some even go as far as to say it ruins their skin. I haven't suffered any such adverse effects, but my skin does seem a tad more oily than it was before I started using this foundation. Maybe I would have worse results if I wore this on a daily basis, but I just can't be bothered to wear foundation every day. Perhaps if you have naturally oily, acne prone, and/or sensitive skin, you should avoid this foundation, but personally I don't find it as damaging as some reviews would lead you to believe.
One quick note is that Fit Me doesn't have a strong, gross smell like some foundations. I has that "makeup smell", but at least it isn't perfumed, or smell like buttered popcorn.
I really like Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation. Mostly because, as the name of the product implies, it really does fit me. Porcelain (110) is like my skin tone in a bottle. This foundation gives just the right about of coverage, with a natural, dewy glow. Best of all, this foundation is extremely affordable, and available is a good variety of colors, so just about everyone can enjoy it, provided you have the right skin type. I'll likely repurchase this foundation when I finish this bottle up.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No