July 31, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sundaypancakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty darn good foundation in my books. I have super oily skin, and this stayed on well, and did not get that greasy, honestly! I don't understand all the negative reviews. I like the dewy finish it gives. I think on someone with combination or dry skin, it would work phenomenally. The coverage is light to medium, and very buildable. I like the sleek packaging but hate that it has no pump. It comes with a variety of shades which is a huge plus for drugstore foundations, and the price was cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

Wow -- I just read a bunch of reviews of this product and I'm shocked! I thought it would be straight 5's in my age category.
Holy Grail doesn't do this stuff justice. It doesn't last a ton of hours but what natural looking foundation does? I mean Colorstay, really, at our age? Stand under a fluorescent light, have a friend take your picture, then talk to me. Yeah, you look perfect -- like you've just been laid out by the undertaker.
I applied Fit Me about five hours ago and I still look pretty ok, as in not like the Cryptkeeper.
I've got olive-y yellow skin. I bought #310, loved it, went back for 10 more (drugstore products are always getting discontinued) but the only thing close was #220. Implausibly, both colors match better than foundations I've had custom mixed.
I would have noticed if they hadn't because a) I don't use foundation over my entire face and b) I always scrutinize myself in a 10x mirror mounted on a window with southern exposure, nowhere for a complexion to hide.
My unadorned skin so so. I've got relatively few wrinkles for this age (Retin A) but I've got sun darkening, some rosacea, a few blemishes, large pores in my T-zone and broken capillaries (Retin A). This made them vanish.
So five hours later, some flaws have returned, whatever. Holy Grails? At our age? I wasn't a great beauty when I was young, if I can slow down the slippage, I'm happy. You're saying it makes you look younger and prettier but it doesn't last? Hell, I haven't lasted. Boo-flippiing-hoo.
Duck into the ladies room every five or six hours, touch yourself up and stop complaining -- when you gotta go, you gotta go.

27 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Joneser16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily skin and IT LITERALLY JUST SLIDE RIGHT OFF. even my friend with very dry skin said it slid off her face too.

it also transferred to clothes and hands well everything very easily. its a very oily product especially in the summer. i would never buy it or use it ever again.

there pressed powder seems like a much better product since i mean you cant really mess up powder too much, but any of their liquid products i would never even put near my face

maybe i would buy again if someone paid me

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by smellbellynezz

For this foundation I would say its not bad nor good, I bought this at target for only$5.04 and i didn't have high hopes for this foundation. It doesn't look too dewy on me and i do have very oily skin I powder my face after using this foundation and I had no problems with any oil spills but i do tend to blot my face during the day. I think the color selection is great but the packaging would've been better it had a pump. This foundation is not a full coverage foundation nor did i expect it to be but it only evens out your skin tone and covers up redness. If you have hyperpigmentation or acne scars this foundation will not cover that up alone unless you build this product up or apply concealer underneath. It also smells like artificial because it does include fragrance i believe. so overall i would not purchase this again but I would use this bottle up till i try a new foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by valom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So everytime i buy a new foundation i try to always upgrade or look for a better/newer product. It kinda sucks how my skin doesn't have 1 color in this line (everything is either to light or too dark) i can say i dont have acne anymore but i do get a pimple here and there. I do have some discoloration due to some acne scars. So maybellines fit me sounded like a great idea at first since it looked so flawless and easy on commercials but of couse, they photoshop and im sure use more products. It have an oiley or "dewey look" as some may say.At first i loved this foundation but now that im on my 2nd bottle i can now see its flaws.It dosnt cover dry skin even though it has that oiley texture. On my forehead you could totally notice that this color didnt match and even with its combo press power it made me look so fake. I absoluttly cant use the 2 together. I use proactive everyday and night to clear my skin and i use make-up about 3-6 days a week with this foundation and i guess i can say it dosn't make me break out.it is a foundation you can layer on but again it get oiley.Because my day is really busy i have my make-up on for about 12 hours with no touch ups. ( i know it sucks and feels gross by the time i take it off)bought a new foundation which i can wait to use but i will still stick to finishing my fit me bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ws disappointed in the foundations in general, not because of the color choices, but because of it's texture and wearability or lack thereof. I find the base too greasey. It's not the easiest base to set as it seems to move 'round the face never fully setting even when powder is applied. Now when Maybeline came out with these "Fit Me" products it was the dead of Winter where this foundation may be more applicable for. Summer in South Florida in 95 degree temps w/99% humidity does not coincide with the richness of emolient within this base. If you have combination to oily skin than you may really skip this base. It's too shiny/wet for my taste and is a bit too sheer with an inability to build coverage as it's just to wet upon initial application. It breaks down and doesn't wear very well either. Not Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Brablec

I will admit - I'm a bit of a makeup snob but I'm constantly trying cheaper foundations as it's not something I want to spend $30-$40 on. I found this on sale at Ulta and decided to give it a shot since I'd heard good things about it. I've got combination skin, and by the end of the day in my office I'm pretty oily. I found this foundation slid off my skin, even with the use of a primer and powder (though the powder does help a bit if I reapply throughout the day). Maybe this is better for people with who tend to be on the dry side but I wouldn't recommend it if you're at all oily. My sister had the same complaint, so I know I'm not the only one lol
Also - I wish the bottle had a pump instead of having to tip it upside down.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyinyouth

I couldn't find any colors to match my skin tone. I purchased one that was way dark for my fair-medium skin, and it makes my skin look hella oily! It does have SPF, which kind of makes it smell good haha. I didn't like this product, returned it, won't buy it EVER again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I got this foundation for only $2.00 with a $3 dollar off coupon :) That is really where the pros outweigh the cons.

110 is a perfect match for my skin (it's hard to find pale foundations at the ds with a neutral undertone) but later on, it left me looking a bit ashy and grey. I loved the coverage, which is light (I don't expect a foundation to cover my breakouts, most don't), but this foundation will not set no matter what I do and what primer I use! Even if I lightly touched my face or lightly used my phone with it barely touching my face, there would be foundation everywhere. Also, it dries patchy and accentuates dryness. That, unfortunately, is a deal breaker. This one got thrown right into the trash (not even worth it to return and go through the hassle for $2.00 and some change)

In general, I have been let down EVERY time by Maybelline. I will not be repurchasing any face makeup items from them ever again at this point (but I love their brow products, those are really great!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by sparklebluetulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only positive thing I can say about this foundation is that is goes on nicely and looks great when I first put it on but within an hour or so it's just an oily slick and because of that I can feel it on my skin which makes me a bit uncomfortable. I'm a combo skin type and not a true oily so this foundation has no staying power whatsoever. I was actually quite disappointed with this one and wouldn't buy again but the colour selection is great :(