Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

See.....THIS is what i'm talking about. pure, simple, jojoba oil. why can't we just be happy with something this simple and inexpensive? why. why, why, WHY. instead, i live in an extremely dry climate and break out into rashes and end up needing to spend $$$$$$ on some fancy thick facial cream that has paraben preservative irritant CRAP in it. this is a losing battle. i feel dejected.

on 11/29/2007 9:54:00 AM

Wow-my skin looks so much better after only a week of using this. I mixed up a little concoction of 3 parts jojoba oil and 1 part Desert Essence Tea Tree/Lavender Oil and use it at night after washing my face. It soaks in and in the morning I wake up with glowy, clear skin. I'm just amazed that something so simple can be so great.

on 11/26/2007 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

And 6 months later, I'm still loving this, just as much as I did that first day! :) It makes my skin glowwww! I'am so amazed by this little oil. I agree with the reviewer below... apply to damp/wet face with damp/wet hands! My boyfriend, who also started using this when I did (&suffersfrom cysts.. his skin has never been clearer), still uses this and it's the only thing he uses. I hate the freaking packaging though. I transfer it to a different one.

on 11/22/2007 1:36:00 PM

i can't say i would buy this again... i have so much left and haven't touched it in months. when my skin was really dry i would mix a few drops with moisturizer and it would make my skin look awesome. but by the end of the day it was actually quite dry as it lessened oil production. i didn't care much for it on my body either and i would never let it touch my hair! i have incredibly soft hair (which is nice to the touch- but also thin and annoying) on its own without having to add moisture.

on 11/18/2007 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really love this oil. Since I do have to use benzoyl peroxide every day and glycolic acid to keep my pores clean, I absolutely have to moisturize, and this oil is the only thing I can use. Just need a drop or two on clean, moist skin. It really fools my skin into thinking that it has enough oil, so I don't produce much oil now.

From wikipedia: "Unlike common vegetable oils, jojoba oil is chemically very similar to human sebum."

There will be a sheen for a few minutes, but it goes away. If you're battling acne, you should use the following routine, and it will go away with continued use!

1. Cleanse with mild, non-soap product
2. While the skin is moist, with wet hands, rub 2 drops of the oil between your fingers and gently rub on the face.
3. Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide all over the affected areas. This percentage is proven to be as effective as 5% or 10% but without all the irritation
4. Use a 5-10% AHA product daily to keep pores clear - this is a must. I personally like glycolic acid. You should start with 5% and use an entire bottle so that your skin can adjust to it.

Don't use this on your feet if you plan to wear flipflops or sandals because it makes the color from my shoes bleed onto my feet - sad but true; but it's probably true of any oil.

on 11/18/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this, i use it on my face and it makes it so dewy and nice, i used to have dry skin now it is great, also i dunno why everyone complains about packaging, i think it is fine.

on 11/17/2007 10:07:00 PM

I really, really wish this had worked for me- I had kind of gotten my hopes up for this product. I don't normally break out, but I do get the occasional pimple and I do have some blackheads on my nose. My skin also gets pretty dry in the winter. So, anyways, I bought a bottle of jojoba oil at Trader Joe's and used it as a moisturizer on my face. It didn't really get rid of my dry skin, but I will say that it did loosen up a few blackheads and it got rid of some small bumps on my forehead.

However, after using this for a couple of days, I broke out pretty badly. Since the jojoba oil didn't seem to help with my dry skin, it made it really hard to cover up the blemishes. I tried mixing it with my regular lotion, but it didn't help. Nevertheless, I figured I was already halfway through and there wasn't much of a point in stopping- until, that is, I saw a large, painful cyst develop. Pretty much ew. I do know that cysts are caused by your skin producing too much oil, so, in my very un-expert opinion, I'm pretty certain the jojoba oil was the oily culprit. (You have to understand that I rarely break out and that I have NEVER gotten a cyst before in my life, so I freaked out.) Cysts can scar, so I stopped using the jojoba oil immediately and began treating the cyst and the blemishes with BHA. That seemed to do the trick for them, and the cyst didn't scar, although for a few days there was an angry red mark on my forehead. There are also lots of bumps on my forehead with gunk in them- gross, I know!

Again, I really wish this had worked for me. I tend to break out if I get sweaty/oily (if you tend to get blackheads or white bumps that get inflamed if you pick at them you probably have the same issue), and I have sensitive skin, too, so if you have either you might want to try something else.

on 11/17/2007 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this product off and on...but I'm starting to use this a lot more.

Those who are experiencing breakouts from this you should continue with it regardless...that could possibly be the initial purge you get from it. I got that purge also and I just stopped because I was worried but I'm starting to use it more and more now because it just makes me skin look wonderful. It's winter now and your skin gets flaky and a lot more dry. I started experiencing that and I found that my usual moisturizer wasn't doing the best in preventing flakes. It was to the point that I was scared to move my mouth a lot. (The flakes tend to be near my mouth area) I looked at any possible ways to prevent it and I found it. I mix the Jojoba Oil with my moisturizer (about 3 drops) and then apply it on my face as usual. It does a wonderful job in moisturizing my face and I really like it. I just find to have this wonderful glow from it...and it makes my skin look just generally better.

I recommend this to anyone really. It has a lot of different purposes. You can use this for your hair. Just put one drop rub your hands together and like glide it slightly over your hair. It really does a great job in calming down frizzies. Jojoba Oil is hands down a great product.

If you haven't used it before you should start now...=]

on 11/17/2007 1:35:00 PM

The only moisturizer that I hasn't found to be pore clogging.
Much better than any other commercial face cream/lotion.
I did I have terrible allergic reaction to it once.... (or it might be from overwashing)
Anyhow, it think it's the best bet to face moisturizing.
Edit: It clogged my pores! And my face has been recovering from it since and it's taking a LONG TIME!

on 11/16/2007 11:42:00 AM

I have aging, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin. I have awful large pores around my nose and on my chin. I was hesistant to try this product because I'm allergic to tree nuts. I heard and read so many good things about it that I had to try it starting out slowly. I tried it on my upper chest after a bath. No reaction except smooth skin. Tried it on my neck. Felt great and neck just felt smooth and moisturized and not greasy at all. Now I use it everywhere. I add some to my facial cleansers, shampoo and conditioner and now to my nighttime moisturizer. My skin is clean, pores look better and I don't have that awful flakey skin around my nose anymore. I got mine at
Whole Foods for about $8 for 4 oz. At nighttime after I cleanse and moisturize adding several drops to my cream I put some "straight up" on my neck. I recently noticed how much better my hands expecially my cuticles look after having it on my hands during the night! It is a wonderful product, has many uses, is effective and a bargain. You can't beat that!

Popular Moisturizers