September 30, 2014 | 1163 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everything that had been said about this product is TRUE TRUE TRUE !! and no i'm not crazy or fanatic about jojoba oil or anything .

YES - it will most likely make your skin purge (bringing the plugged stuff to the surface) but that kind of breakout can surely be manageable with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide (i personally use Paula's Choice - very effective yet not as drying as the 10% persa gel) . it took me a full month of daily usage of jojoba oil to see the purge - which scared me away but then i came back to it because i was craving for the healthy rosy glow it gives.

YES - continous use of jojoba oil WILL give your complexion better and more even tone and a beautiful rosy glow !

YES - it WILL get rid of your most stubborn blackheads (the kinds you get on your nose) and whiteheads (if and only iff you incorporate jojoba into your daily skincare regime)

NO - jojoba oil is not a quick fix - you need to stay with it in order to see it work for you .

YES - you NEED to wet your face and your palms before mixing 3 drops of jojoba oil with the water in your palms and then massage into your face - it will help the oil absorb quicker and eliminate the oil slick look/feel .

*** for a longest times (YEARS) i thought the only thing that would even out my skintone and keeping my complexion clear of breakout is alpha hydroxy acid (works on the surface to exfoliate) and beta hydroxy acid (works inside the pore to prevent breakout) which i kept buying from Paula's Choice website . NO MORE . now jojoba oil (and spot treatments with paula's choice 5% benzoyl peroxide) single-handedly replaces AHA & BHA to keep my acne prone skin clear .

Just for the record, this is my first review for jojoba oil (written in March 2004!!!!)
-------------------
March 2004 - i bought a 14 ounce bottle of 100% jojoba oil from Whole Food market and used it for like a month before my face started breaking out like crazy (3,4 red swollen inflamations) - grrr ! the only positive thing about this stuff is that when i put it on my face at night, i woke up in the morning with very soft and glowy complexion . this stuff is TOO good to be true - sorry :)
--------------------

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 5-6 bumps on both cheeks. Today is only my second day of using.

I was really careful to use only 2 drops, warm on my palm and lightly press on the face.

I will stop it. Will keep experimenting.

Works wonder on my eczema/dry neck really well. Will keep it on the neck for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

Have been using this organic jojoba oil for approx 3 months now. I do not use every single night but alternate nights.My skin definately looks more luminous and smoother using this.I have slightly blemish prone skin and it can break out now and again but this oil has never yet made my skin breakout.at first i was using every night i felt my t zone area was slightly greasier than before so i do alternate nights now.Before applying this oil i always tone my skin with rosewater or tea tree toner by lush they are excleent products to use i feel my skin is alot smoother if i tone properly before applying this .Would definitely reccommend to other and i would say it is suitable for ALL SKIN TYPES.I have combination skin and can be sensitive to some products so im really pleased with this.I sometimes mix this with bit of bio oil if my skin looks really dull because of my underactive thyroid so when i wake up in morning it always looks lumious and healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lambsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give it a 3 but only use it on my hair. I picked it up beause I liked the idea of going natural and heard that it mimics your own body's oil so thought it would work better than other products. It is o. k. I find that when my hair is dry and frizzy, a couple of drops added to the ends helps to control the frizzies if I don't have my Nigelle Clear Surge Milk readily on hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I flirted with the idea of organic, natural skin care products temporarily - and while it makes sense and actually does perform on some level, I prefer having a little more "romance" to my products.

That said, the jojoba oil is one of my favorites and I will still dab some on my dry patches, lips and put a little in my hair. It is not part of my daily routine - though I like to use products that have it as an ingredient.

If you are looking for a more natural approach to skincare this is a nice "ice breaker". Easy to use, no strange odor - and when used properly, not too oily in texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Chulisima

I am in love with this! I started using jojoba oil on my body for the past 2 wks. As soon as I pat dry, I slather the oil over my entire body (except face) & under eyes, it slowly absorbs into my skin and after 5-15 mins, my skin is not greasy. The oil melts into my skin and leaves it sooo baby soft with zero greasiness. It is 100% natural and I am so happy I discovered it. I been desparate to find products that moisturize my dry eczema-prone sensitive skin without irritation and jojoba has done the job beautifully. I used to use baby oil but it was greasy and has chemicals (mineral oil & perfume) in it that irritate my skin. Jojoba is unscented and moisturizes without suffocating skin like mineral oil & petroleum (vaseline) does. My skin stays super soft and hydrated for a full 24 hours and more. I haven't had skin this soft since being a baby. My boyfriend noticed how soft my skin is and he loves it! I haven't tried it on my face yet but when I do, I'll update this review.
My only complaint is the bottle - the squirt cap makes so much oil come out so I partially open the cap so that only 2 drops come out. The bottle then becomes greasy when I handle it so I wish it had a pump or spray dispenser. It is pricey for the organic version so I buy the pure version which is a little cheaper. I used about 2 oz in 2 wks (for entire body, 2x daily).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by thedragonflies

I don't actually have the desert essence brand, I have aura cacia (or something like that) but it's basically the same. Anyway this product is wonderful! I use it in my Dove or Olay daily mositurizer during the winter, and I just put it in a cheap-o bottle of Suave Coconut shampoo and now that stuff makes my hair so soft. Basically if you have any product that you want to mosturize better without it becoming super oily and causing acne this is the stuff you want! Just add a little to begin because you can always add more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by qcarolynq

BEST STUFF EVER!

My face is actually LESS oily - wow...how can that be??? For the first time I don't dread my skin.

Jojoba oil is so simple, but it took me forever to find it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by univerzze

This product totally ruined my skin. I have always had fairly decent skin, but I wanted to have PERFECT skin. So, after reading all the reviews about this oil, I thought I'd try this product to help me get closer to that perfection. After slathering this stuff on my skin for a week, my pores started getting clogged up like crazy. Since I thought my skin was simply purging, I persisted with this treatment. However, after a month of use, my face is a total mess. I have a zillion closed comedones. I don't know what to do with my skin anymore. If you have any suggestions on how to get rid of those closed comedones, I would love to hear from you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time last summer as both a facial and body moisturizer. It wasn't the best fit as a facial moisturizer for me, but I adore it as a body moisturizer. It absorbs quickly, has no strange smell, and a bottle lasts a really long time.

I also tried it in my hair, but my hair is so fine that it didn't work well, even in the smallest amounts.

Overall, jojoba oil is a great and very versatile oil.