April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Jdanbram

I just now bought this gel liner. I usually use Maybelline Ultra Liner/ waterproof/ jet black. It has been my favorite for years. One tube will last me about a year. It stays on all day and it it truly jet black. So when I went and bought the gel liner I was surprised at how expensive it was for the quantity. It is easy to apply, but it only looks good for about 3-4 hours. Well if you are any normal human you need it to work far longer than that. I have oily skin and after about 5 hours I look like my eyes are black, and I only use a thin line. I wont buy this productt again, I will go back to using the Ultra Liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by babyfairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first gel liner that I purchased at SDM and I definately don't regret buying this. The brush is soft on the eyelids but firm enough to deliver the liner onto my eye properly. I use it almost everytime I put makeup on and the black colour is really pigmented. I've had the same pot for about 8 months now and it's still almost as creamy as when I first started using the gel liner. Maybe because I have somewhat oily skin, this gel liner starts smudging to the bottom of my eye after several hour, but with a primer the smudging is minimal. I would buy this product again, but I won't next time only because I want to try MAC's Blacktrack Fluid Line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really impressed with this, and wasn't necessarily expecting to be. I am not a huge fan of Maybelline products, although I don't really have a good reason for feeling this way. Maybe it goes back to memories of how horridly strong some of their products used to smell back in the 80's?
Got this in brown yesterday. I had been planning on trying the L'Oreal HIP gel liner, but the store was out of it. This has lasted ALL day on me today, including through a nap on the couch, and watery eyes. 9+ hours after applying it this morning, it still looks great. What a nice surprise.
The brown is just a flat, matte brown, no coppery tones or sparkle, and not super dark. I didn't use the brush that came with the eyeliner to apply, but the application was smooth and the color is nicely pigmented. It only took one coat for even coverage, which honestly is more than I can say of the two MAC Fluidlines I have, which go on spotty. I'd be interested in trying some of the other colors if they wear as well as this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by TheCherryTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was a makeup fair at one of the malls near my home & I picked this baby up in Blackest Black for about SGD20, including a brush & bottle of eye & lip makeup remover, so I suppose it wouldn't be wrong to say it was a steal. :p

Prior to getting this, I'd never used - or even heard of - gel eyeliner. But I wanted to try something new & I didn't regret it. For starters, the brush, despite being synthetic, doesn't feel rough at all, even on my sensitive skin. The liner goes on easily & smoothly, is easy to use (I never had any trouble, though I was a first-timer), is a lovely matte black, doesn't cause any discomfort & best of all, lasts the whole day without flaking or smudging, even on my oily skin & in humid weather. Very impressive for a drugstore eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by schouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this eyeliner! it's a great, cheap buy for the amount of product you get! it's super black, which i love, and a little goes a long way. even though most drugstore items have crap applicators, even this applicator is not half bad. i like using an angled brush, or an angled eyeliner brush for it. great for smoking out an eye with a little black eyeshadow. & when you set it with a little black eyeshadow, it does last all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I like this eyeliner....it gets me by. It is a little too dry to put on,( and tip to get more longevity from potted makeup like this, ladies: store it upside down so the moisture goes back to the top instead of sinking to the bottom ) and the brush that came with it is horrid. Too thick and a little prickly for the eye area. Not too big of a deal for me since I use normal brushes to apply makeup. But also, the eyeliner imprints from my lashline to other parts of my eyelid. :( I gave it 3 lippies because its decent..not great. I only got it to get me by until I could replen my MAC one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by CrysArri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is good for a drugstore product. It stayed where I put it, didn't dry too quickly, and was a really matte, dark black. The brush is a great design, too. I haven't had any problems with it drying out, but as it's gotten older, it has gotten less creamy. I just wish the consistency was a little creamier to begin with because it can be difficult to spread. I also wish it were waterproof because it can't be used on my waterline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this eyeliner before I found my HG gel liner which is the MAC Black track Fluidline. Many people say that both are comparable, but I don't really think so. One thing I like about this product is it does stay on well, but what differentiates it from MAC is that the Fluidline is budgeproof and bulletproof once on my eyes (including waterline) while this one doesn't. I've had this melt and transfer either to my bottom lash line or my crease a couple of times during the summer which is why I've only used this during colder months. It doesn't go on as smooth as the Fluidline but for the price, it does give fair enough results. It goes on very creamy and very pigmented. However, it does dry out fast so you better make sure that you screw on the lid really really tight. Not as good as the MAC gel liners but on a budget, it will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by val2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love it .... very good .... easy to apply..... good brush ...... doesn't fade away ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Good gel liner overall, but not the best I've tried.

Pros:
- creamy formula that glides on easily
- does not flake off
- fantastic brush

Cons:
- blackest black isn't nearly black enough compared to the l'oreal hip cream liner
- thin consistency where one stroke is not opaque enough, and you have to go over the line again to prevent streaking
- does smudge a little bit after 4 hrs even with primer

This is a pretty decent gel liner. Its definitely worth a try especially it comes with an excellent brush. I do wish the black was more dramatic though.