September 18, 2014 | 1987 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by sammiekewl

I gave a high rating but I would not buy this again.
Yea, when I first bought it I was like Omg awesomeeee.
PRO: When the liner was still fresh, it really stayed on all day, pigmented, creamy, glides on. The almost perfect eyeliner. I love the brush too.
After a few months, the formula remained creamy and smooth.
CON: However, after a few months, I realised that the liner smudges (but not raccoon eyes.). Also, it would not stay on as good as well. I always like to tight line my eyes, mascara and bam, good to go. But after months, I realised that the liner on my upper waterline would transfer to my lower waterline. Not good, it means it will smudge after a long day and I do not like black liner on my lower waterline. It would make my eyes look smaller.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

EDIT 10/20: Lasts ALL DAY without smudging/ panda-ing out on lower lash line. I think I might make out with it.

I really really like this! I haven't used gel liner (ever....okay at least not in a very long while) and I love the application of this. The brush is great, the packaging is chic, the color is rich and pigmented and goes on nicely.

I will say it transfers a little bit throughout the day when I wear on my upper lash line sans eye shadow. But for the crisp look for the majority of the day, I'll take the ups with the downs!

Really, really nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ErikaJanet

I decided to try this after trying the physicians formula gel tri for brown eyes, and I must say that the physicians formula was much better. This product smudged on me quickly, and transferred to my upper eyelid giving me this weird shadow there. I don't recommend this for anyone with oily lids

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by veck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all these reviews, I just had to buy it. I mean its honestly the only gel eyeliner I can find that isn't over $20.

I'll start off by saying its not the most amazing product ever, I expected better. The application isn't as nice as I would of wanted it to be, but it's still pretty smooth. I bought Charcoal ( I was actually going to buy the brown but I was worried that it wouldn't be as visible as the black).

The brush is another problem, its decent at best. I recommend buying a different one. But if you can't, then make sure you wash the brush by dipping it in a makeup remover liquid (I find that using warm water won't fully remove makeup residue, therefore the brush dries into hard bristles--which is annoying).

I will re-buy one more time until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in eggplant and it is not very pigmented IMO. I have not even attempted to wear it out because it looks as if I have nothing on. I have not tried the other colors, I will not purchase this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner and I find that it lasts ALLL DAAAY on me. It's sooooo pigmented and it comes in these cute little pots. The eggplant one looks amazing on my brown eyes. The brush that comes with it is decent, but I like my angled eyeliner brush more, though.

x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am impressed with this gel eyeliner! I have tried Boots, L'oreal HIP, Wet-n-Wild, Jane, PX, e.l.f., and finally Maybelline. By far, this is the best gel eyeliner that I have tried. I have three colors in my Maybelline collection: Charcoal, Brown and Eggplant. I am not a fan of Black eyeliner, so Charcoal is the choice for me. It's quite dark, so I do not wear this during the day. Brown and Eggplant are wearable for daytime or evening.

For the first time ever, the tool with the eyeliner is actually usable. I only use gel eyeliner to tight line my top lid, so this tool made it quick and easy to do the job. I was able to tight line my eyes in less than 2 minutes. The liner does not end up on my lower lids, no matter what, which made me totally impressed. This is the first brand that does not make a mess. I have been wearing this liner all summer without any smudges or smears, which is almost impossible when your live in the So CA desert, and it's about 115 degrees everyday.

Maybelline doesn't dry out as fast as the other DS brands, so hopefully, I won't be replacing the containers every sixty days. I will definitely buy this product again ~ it's fantastic!! Thanks Maybelline...Please add three additional shades to your assortment: Bronze, Navy and Olive....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by AtamaiHoney

It is really hard for me to find a liner that is dark, last long, doesn't look wet and got damnit that doesn't smudge...well 3 out of 4 works. I havent found an all in one and at one point I seriously would use 3-4 different types of liners to achieve my end result. I always and will always line with pencil first. This liner is smooth and applies easily. My only issue it that it will smudge if you accidentally brush your finger on it for what ever reason. This liner is my go-to. I also wear it in purple!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by angelakan

When I first got to try this product, I was very excited as I am a frequent user of the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. This product is very pigmented but the lasting power isn't long. It starts to fade about two hours later. Adding onto that, this eyeliner easily transfers and smudges. On the up side, this eyeliner is very affordable when compared to the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. This eyeliner isn't waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by twelvesixteen

"Yes, I would buy this product again" is really "yeaaa--maybe I would buy this product again". I've recently become really interested in makeup since I've gotten over some terrible derm problems and my derm has given me the OK to experiment with makeup. My biggest issue right now is finding a cream or gel eyeliner that works for me, my shaky hands, and my forever-oily eyelids. So far I haven't had much luck with anything, apart from my one (okay, two - the second one being Diorshow mascara) eyeliner that I can't live without, the Dior waterproof crayon liner in Trinidad black. It's perfect, glides on so smoothly, and comes off easily (when I want it to!). But I've also discovered the winged liner look and I think it makes my eyes look a lot better and bigger, and it's kind of a pain to go in coloring like a 5 year old with a kohl liner.

This is an okay liner for the price. It's kind of smudgy and there's not a great color payoff, but the brush that it comes with helps, and it's pretty creamy and easy to warm up on the skin. I've worn it out in public twice... it smudged both times, even though I was wearing primer, and wore off after a few hours, but that's to be expected with my oil-slick eyelids.

Would I buy this again? Maybe if I find some way to keep it on my eyes and a better way to apply it (a different brush maybe?). Would I recommend it to a friend? Meh. Overall, semi-disappointed.