BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 11/5/2009 1:34:00 PM

A very interesting product but I love it! Bought in on a whim (as are many of my make-up purchases) but it's soooo pretty, how could I not have it. Wasn't sure about the nail polish applicator but it works like a charm. Others commented on how they received bottles that weren't full - mine was full to the top... can't imagine ever running out since you need so little for the desired affect. I've used this on the top of my cheek bones, and on my brow bones for subtle highlights. Can see getting a lot of wear out of this - a little heavier for evening application, on it's own for weekend, casual wear. LOVE. IT.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS PRODUCT.

It gives me exactly what i want in a highlighter, a dewy, illuminious pearly pink shine on my cheek bones and brow bones on a night out, really compliments smokey eye make up.

Apply to the apples of your cheeks for a fresh looking glow or place a few dots along your brow bone (right under your eyebrow) for a perfect shimmer to set off your eyes.

on 10/23/2009 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I do like this product. I have very fair skin and it gives me a lovely glowy sheen when I apply it to my cheekbones without looking oily. I also like to apply this to the inner eye area as well as the brow bone for some added shimmer in those area to lighten up the dark areas. I do have some problems though, like the fact that the bottle seems to have been almost a fourth of the way empty when I purchased it...not sure if this was a mistake or what, but it was a little disappointing for the price. I also don't really like the applicaation with the nail polish brush and the consistency of the product...kinda thick and goopy. All in all, a very nice product that does give a nice subtle highlighting effect.

As of right now, I would purchase again, but I am looking for something better.

on 10/21/2009 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am feeling quite mixed on this product. I bought it a couple months ago thinking my mind would be blown..and turns out it really isn't. Good highlighters are always hard for find (for me at least) and spending as much as I did on High Beam I thought the results would be better. It is a nice color, so is Moon Beam...but it is a bit oily and it creases if you put a little on the lids.. I would recommend this product for cheeks only. When put above cheekbone, it can look very pretty and eye catching.

you have to apply this with a light hand because its so liquidy on dry skin it hardly needs blending or itll slide everywhere and have sparkle overload, which is wierd for my dry skin. i love this and its lasted FOREVER dont think itll be a two month thing, its been two YEARS and i use it twice a week it seemd for natural days

on 10/16/2009 7:23:00 PM

this is absolutely amazing. my barely- there cheekbones are transformed instantly in supermodel ones. it is not obvious at all, and you can use it anywhere on your face and it won't break you out. it is very subtle, and suitable for all skin types. i really like the small nailpoilish - like bottle, and i find the brush is really handy to dab it on, and then blend with your fingertips. yes it is rather expensive but it is worth it.
this is the best highlighter i ever tried. i have had so many compliments since i started wearing this. " you have amazing skin... what's your secret?"

on 10/16/2009 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this highlighter and its been in my make up bag for years, and also its been the same bottle the whole time! Ive dropped the glass bottle countless times and it has never cracked(amazingly!). Its last for so long and only a few dabs does the trick! But don't go over board! Sometimes Ive used too much and have come out on pictures looking super shiny!:S Its the perfect product to make your skin look dewy and have a gorgues glow.Pricey, but defintely worth it!

on 10/12/2009 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I totally bought into the hype over this product and I wish I hadn't! I found it did nothing to highlight my skin and brow bones. I tried dabbing it on over makeup like the MUA suggested and blended with fingertips but found my makeup just rubbed off! Even using on bare skin my tesco highlighter did a better job! The consistency goes all gloopy after a while and it dries onto the brush. Overall I would not recommend this product at a steep price of 30!

on 10/12/2009 7:03:00 AM

High Beam is a great highlighter. It is a light pink and gives the skin a very dewy glow. It's great over your foundation and teamed with blusher provides a very natural healthy look. I think it's perfect for every day use as it's not a shimmery product.

on 10/8/2009 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first highlighter and I'm hooked. I use to give myself a dewy glow on my natural makeup days. I dab it on the top of my cheeks and brow bones. I'm a NC15 so this looks nice and natural on my. It might be a little too much if you have a really dark skin tone. Every girls needs a good highlighter and I recommend this one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials