December 22, 2014 | 1137 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my makeup collection. It's perfect on my NW20 skin. It works as a base for your eyeshadow. I use to use Two Faced Shadow Insurance, but since that serperates and expires on me in 6 months, I just use Painterly now. It's velvet smooth and also works on my dark circles when set with a powder. Worth the investment in my opinion. Lasts a long time and very useful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is my every day go to eyelid primer before I put on my eyeshadow. It goes on smooth, and keeps my eyeshadow in tact all day long and well into the night. I don't have any creasing, fading or smudging and its nude so it goes under any colour eyeshadow (shimmery or matte). I love love love this product and I plan to purchase more of the paint pots in different colours to use as bases! The trick to this product is to use only a tiny bit on your lid and rub it up towards your eyebrow. Less is more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by znodarse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Painterly Paint Pot :) It's just a perfect neutral eye primer. It could be worn alone or below eyeshadow/eyeliner. It's creamy but dries quickly, so you have to blend it quickly. I would recommend this for people with oily lids, since it leaves a matte/dry finish. I think it's about $17 (I could be wrong), yes that might be a lot to pay for some, but it will take a long time until you finish this pot up. I've had mine for almost 2 years, I've used it every day since (A little goes a long way), and I still have a lot to use up before it's empty. Everyone is different, so you might want to try a sample before you decide to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lunakitty12

This was my first bass it was first used on me at a MAC counter and it lasted all day my eye make up looked great. So I bought one, and it just hasn't done a good job it only lastes for an hour or so and then my eye shadow starts to fade, the only thing I can think of is maybe because I only have it on my lid cause that is the only place there is shadow but that shouldn't affect it. So for me it is not a good primer but everyone is different if it works for you good, but it doesn't work for me.

EDIT so I have started reusing this and applying a good amount and spreading it all over well it crease after a few hours but it is making the shadows last so hey it is pretty good. Over all I now have use for it but I don't know if I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do confess that I have a little bit of a paint pot addiction. While UDPP is a superior primer, I still can't stop buying paint pots. Most of them sit in my drawer of eyeshadow bases slowly decaying, but I find that I use this one quite frequently. It is the perfect fleshy tan color that blends right into my skin with an added brightening effect. It holds my eyeshadows nicely, but if I'm dealing with pigments there's nothing I trust but UDPP. For the traditional pressed powder eyeshadows, this paint pot does the trick and lasts for pretty long. I think that I will buy a second :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I was excited about trying the MAC paints as everyone here seems to love them. The paint went on feeling heavy and 'grabbed/pulled' at my eye lids. When I tried to apply pigment afterwards, it did not blend well. I won't purchase a MAC paint pot again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been on a quest to find the best matte nude eyeshadow cream. and it was here all the time.. right in front of my nose.. absolute HG!!! and the product id an excellent base as well... but in the summer i go back to the nude colours but all year long it is the perfect to go shade and base,, adore this little gem!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by megx829

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Again, I always put a 4 for the price of the product, becuase I know that MAC can be expensive but, they do have amazing products that I love.

I am an NC 42-45 and painterly is definately my go to paint pot for an everyday neutral color. It makes my eyeshadow seem more vibrant, not to mention imy eyeshadow doesn't crease. Like i said I use this for an everyday thing, if i'm trying to go for a smokey eye i use Groundworks

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by DollxFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently got this and tried it on, I thought the texture was really hard but soon to find out it was just the first layer of it and you just had to rub it for abit longer to get the product.
This is EXTREMELY Pigmented and versatile.
I haven't tested the staying power but over the reviews i've read, I doubt it will be a disappointment.
Love this so far! Hopefully getting more paint pot soon!
Update 5/07/09- It creased within the first two hours but i think it was because I didn't know how to apply it properly. I like it but i wouldn't say I love it .. For the price, it is also very expensive for a teenager like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! It's great to throw on as a base, or to wear just for a little extra color with very little makeup. Doesn't crease all day, which is fantastic, and something I often have problems with.