February 1, 2015 | 2147 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For those with a short attention span, my one word review is: weird.

I guess I am one of the few voices of dissent on paint pots. This paint pot does have the right texture for being used a s primer. However, I found it VERY difficult to blend the mac shadows over it. Other brand shadows blended better, but......the undertone in this color. What the H#((??

There is a weird undertone to this color that looks downright strange on me. Even when used as a base, I am fighting to overcome this undertone by packing on the shadow.

Its not a yellow undertone or pink. Honestly I suspect it has a blue undertone. Whatever it is, its looks bizarre on me and I can't wear it.

I handed it off to my sister who just LOVES it! So, my advice here is try before you buy. And make sure to buy it from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't work out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this so much dark or light eye makeup it works well with. my go to base for almost any color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by mizfluffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the paint pots have them in every color but this is my go to neutral. I've never had any problem with creasing or fading but the trick is to make sure to not put on too much and use a brush not your fingers!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I brought this product to use mostly as a primer for my eyeshadow, as i have real issues with the creasing. Was really disappointed by this product overall. I come from New Zealand, so couldn't get my hands on UDPP or TFSI, although I have read the reviews on them and have heard wonder stories about what they do in terms of creasing, making shadows pop and increasing staying power of eyeshadow.

I got this product because I had read reviews and was recommended it by the lady at the Mac counter, who told me it was better than the Mac paints due to the fact it was a lot easier to apply, and was also told my eyeshadow would stay put all day. I used it the following day, but my eyeshadow began creasing about two hours after application. I am not a happy camper, and will not be buying this again. It did make the colours of the shadow a lot more vibrant and was easy enough to apply, but what is the point in that if they are just going to wipe off my face straight away?

I will be looking for some UDPP or TFSI online to replace this as a primer, but will use it on the days when I don't feel like having any coloured shadows on my face but want a bright fresh eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my makeup collection. It's perfect on my NW20 skin. It works as a base for your eyeshadow. I use to use Two Faced Shadow Insurance, but since that serperates and expires on me in 6 months, I just use Painterly now. It's velvet smooth and also works on my dark circles when set with a powder. Worth the investment in my opinion. Lasts a long time and very useful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is my every day go to eyelid primer before I put on my eyeshadow. It goes on smooth, and keeps my eyeshadow in tact all day long and well into the night. I don't have any creasing, fading or smudging and its nude so it goes under any colour eyeshadow (shimmery or matte). I love love love this product and I plan to purchase more of the paint pots in different colours to use as bases! The trick to this product is to use only a tiny bit on your lid and rub it up towards your eyebrow. Less is more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by znodarse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Painterly Paint Pot :) It's just a perfect neutral eye primer. It could be worn alone or below eyeshadow/eyeliner. It's creamy but dries quickly, so you have to blend it quickly. I would recommend this for people with oily lids, since it leaves a matte/dry finish. I think it's about $17 (I could be wrong), yes that might be a lot to pay for some, but it will take a long time until you finish this pot up. I've had mine for almost 2 years, I've used it every day since (A little goes a long way), and I still have a lot to use up before it's empty. Everyone is different, so you might want to try a sample before you decide to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lunakitty12

This was my first bass it was first used on me at a MAC counter and it lasted all day my eye make up looked great. So I bought one, and it just hasn't done a good job it only lastes for an hour or so and then my eye shadow starts to fade, the only thing I can think of is maybe because I only have it on my lid cause that is the only place there is shadow but that shouldn't affect it. So for me it is not a good primer but everyone is different if it works for you good, but it doesn't work for me.

EDIT so I have started reusing this and applying a good amount and spreading it all over well it crease after a few hours but it is making the shadows last so hey it is pretty good. Over all I now have use for it but I don't know if I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do confess that I have a little bit of a paint pot addiction. While UDPP is a superior primer, I still can't stop buying paint pots. Most of them sit in my drawer of eyeshadow bases slowly decaying, but I find that I use this one quite frequently. It is the perfect fleshy tan color that blends right into my skin with an added brightening effect. It holds my eyeshadows nicely, but if I'm dealing with pigments there's nothing I trust but UDPP. For the traditional pressed powder eyeshadows, this paint pot does the trick and lasts for pretty long. I think that I will buy a second :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I was excited about trying the MAC paints as everyone here seems to love them. The paint went on feeling heavy and 'grabbed/pulled' at my eye lids. When I tried to apply pigment afterwards, it did not blend well. I won't purchase a MAC paint pot again.