October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by DollxFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently got this and tried it on, I thought the texture was really hard but soon to find out it was just the first layer of it and you just had to rub it for abit longer to get the product.
This is EXTREMELY Pigmented and versatile.
I haven't tested the staying power but over the reviews i've read, I doubt it will be a disappointment.
Love this so far! Hopefully getting more paint pot soon!
Update 5/07/09- It creased within the first two hours but i think it was because I didn't know how to apply it properly. I like it but i wouldn't say I love it .. For the price, it is also very expensive for a teenager like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! It's great to throw on as a base, or to wear just for a little extra color with very little makeup. Doesn't crease all day, which is fantastic, and something I often have problems with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I discovered this product my shadow used to crease or disappear by the end of the day. Since using this my shadow remains perfect all day. It also evens out the colour on my lid and up to my brow which is nice. I apply it using the ecotools shadow brush which is nice and firm and it blends out perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product! I Love MAC Paint Pots! I don't know how I ever got along without them. My eyeshadow blends over it like a dream and stays put all day long into the late evening, it's absolutely flawless until I take it off...and I live in a hot and humid climate! Simply one of the best products out there! It only takes a tiny bit for each use and one Pot seems to last me forever. I'm going to pick up the Soft Ochre shade next, it's similar to Painterly but Soft Ochre is a yellow beige which is better for olive skin tones and painterly is a nude (or more pinky) beige. Either way MAC Paint Pots are definitely on my HG product list.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ana001

Okay I hate this stuff. It looks nice the first 10 minutes its on but than becomes blotchy and part of it disappears. Now I don't wear eyeshadow so I don't know if it makes shadows look brighter, but i wear a pencil eyeliner on my top lids and they always wind up creasing and I end up getting all this liner in my crease. My eyelids aren't really oily but I end up with this oily mess a few hours later, on top of that I think that color oxidizes or something because it ends up turning this grayish color. Whatever I'm done with this, I just bought too faced shadow insurance so hopefully its better than this mess. BTW the only good thing I could say about this is that mine never dried out, even when I left the cap off for like hours lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

I am a huge fan of paint pots. This particular one is no exception to the rule. I use it almost daily over my UDPP. It evens out my skin tone, creates a smooth base for color, and ultimately crease-proofs my eyeshadows. Between the paint pots and my UDPP, I never experience any creasing when using this combination of products. I like applying this with either my finger to warm the product and apply it evenly, or my favorite way to apply it is with my 217 brush. The 217 brush applies an even, thin coat of product to my lid. The color is best described as a matte pinky/beige color that matches most skin tones that are light to medium colored. Some people complain of the product drying out quickly. I store my paint pots upside down so that the name faces up. I never have problems with my paint pots drying out. This paint pot sells for $16.50 at your local MAC counter or online at maccosmetics.com. This product is one that I will keep purchasing. I hope that they do not decide to ever discontinue this product because it is a HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

i absolutely love this product. I use it all the time under my eyeshadow and sometimes i put it on even without eyeshadow since it is very close to my natural skin color. This just helps to even out any discoloration on my lids.
this works well to prevent creasing and fading of eyeshadows. i like that this comes in a pot, and i like that the product itself is creamy and slides on easily.
i don't have oily lids, so i don't know if Urban Decay primer potion works better or worse than this, but i mainly use this as a base since i don't really have a problem for creasing of eyeshadow. definitely recommend, and will repurchase when im done

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am one of the few girls who won't purchase paint pot ever! My eyelids don't crease but somehow my eyeshadows disappear after 4-5 hours. I have never had this problem with UDPP. Never! I was completely shocked when I ckecked my eyemake-up and I realised that on the inner corner of my eyes, I only could see the paintpot color. Shocking. I will throw this one out that is for sure!

UPDATE: if I use UDPP and Paint pot together, everything stays all day on my eyelid. I mainly use pigments now but I have no problem with fading or fall outs. Ok, so I will purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great product ! One of my firsts MAC's purchases. I'm an NC37 and Painterly was the closest color to my tone. I'm 50/50 with this one and that is why I gave it 4 "lip beautifiers". I love it.....yet I noticed that After 7-7.5 hrs it started to show a faint crease on my lid even with E/S on. I normally apply a dicent amount and I tried applying more but I noticed that increased the start of creasing as well. I recently purchased UDPP in Sin and I apply that first then I apply MAC's Painterly on top then follow with E/S. I noticed a GREAT difference and my E/S did not start to crease at all...not even after 12 hrs !! Huge difference. It basically stayed on throughtout the late night. I don't think I'll be purchasing another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

This was the first MAC product I ever bought. I thought it was really good! I needed an eyeshadow base and I got this just because I had Fenwicks vouchers and there is UD stall in that store. Anyway, I really really love it.

I give it 4 out of five because I really find it helps loads to store this upside down (as another reviewer suggested) It makes it much more easy to apple and work with. But this is the only issue I have and Painterly is an absolute sessesity for me