September 19, 2014 | 2010 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

I am a huge fan of paint pots. This particular one is no exception to the rule. I use it almost daily over my UDPP. It evens out my skin tone, creates a smooth base for color, and ultimately crease-proofs my eyeshadows. Between the paint pots and my UDPP, I never experience any creasing when using this combination of products. I like applying this with either my finger to warm the product and apply it evenly, or my favorite way to apply it is with my 217 brush. The 217 brush applies an even, thin coat of product to my lid. The color is best described as a matte pinky/beige color that matches most skin tones that are light to medium colored. Some people complain of the product drying out quickly. I store my paint pots upside down so that the name faces up. I never have problems with my paint pots drying out. This paint pot sells for $16.50 at your local MAC counter or online at maccosmetics.com. This product is one that I will keep purchasing. I hope that they do not decide to ever discontinue this product because it is a HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

i absolutely love this product. I use it all the time under my eyeshadow and sometimes i put it on even without eyeshadow since it is very close to my natural skin color. This just helps to even out any discoloration on my lids.
this works well to prevent creasing and fading of eyeshadows. i like that this comes in a pot, and i like that the product itself is creamy and slides on easily.
i don't have oily lids, so i don't know if Urban Decay primer potion works better or worse than this, but i mainly use this as a base since i don't really have a problem for creasing of eyeshadow. definitely recommend, and will repurchase when im done

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am one of the few girls who won't purchase paint pot ever! My eyelids don't crease but somehow my eyeshadows disappear after 4-5 hours. I have never had this problem with UDPP. Never! I was completely shocked when I ckecked my eyemake-up and I realised that on the inner corner of my eyes, I only could see the paintpot color. Shocking. I will throw this one out that is for sure!

UPDATE: if I use UDPP and Paint pot together, everything stays all day on my eyelid. I mainly use pigments now but I have no problem with fading or fall outs. Ok, so I will purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great product ! One of my firsts MAC's purchases. I'm an NC37 and Painterly was the closest color to my tone. I'm 50/50 with this one and that is why I gave it 4 "lip beautifiers". I love it.....yet I noticed that After 7-7.5 hrs it started to show a faint crease on my lid even with E/S on. I normally apply a dicent amount and I tried applying more but I noticed that increased the start of creasing as well. I recently purchased UDPP in Sin and I apply that first then I apply MAC's Painterly on top then follow with E/S. I noticed a GREAT difference and my E/S did not start to crease at all...not even after 12 hrs !! Huge difference. It basically stayed on throughtout the late night. I don't think I'll be purchasing another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

This was the first MAC product I ever bought. I thought it was really good! I needed an eyeshadow base and I got this just because I had Fenwicks vouchers and there is UD stall in that store. Anyway, I really really love it.

I give it 4 out of five because I really find it helps loads to store this upside down (as another reviewer suggested) It makes it much more easy to apple and work with. But this is the only issue I have and Painterly is an absolute sessesity for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! After slugging it out with UDPP and TFSI, I can finally say I have found my HG. I could go on and on about it, but let's keep it simple ladies:

- it provides an amazing neutralizing/brightening base, making e/s optional if you wish
- it stays on the lid until you want it off, then it comes off easily
- it makes e/s pop, and makes it easy to blend colors
- easy to apply
- the container is so much easier to deal with
- feels like nothing on the eye, doesn't irritate my eyes

I love that it brightens up the eye with its high pigment, without adding annoying microscopic glitter to your eye (talking about about, UDPP Sin). Con is that in its container, I am tempted to dab my finger into it to apply in a rush, and that isn't very hygienic although I do wash my hands before I do this. Over all, very natural, and a very pretty effect that stays on all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing as a base.......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, while this doesn't blank out my eye, I find it to be unnecessary for me. I generally prefer to just put on UDPP or TFSI instead of this. This dried out much quicker than my other paint pots. I'm NC20 for reference as this was a good skin match. I find I like paint pots with a little bit of shimmer in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this before I even knew what UDPP really was and I liked it alright. I have to be careful with it because it's a little too light for my skin tone so if I use this as a base, I have to make sure I don't get it on anywhere but my eyelids because (especially in pictures) there are pale rings around my eyes and it looks weird.

However, it does work great and it is cheaper than UDPP or TFSI...I just need to get a darker shade once I use up my Painterly. But I do still like it a lot now that I've gotten used to how to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by martina1986

I have been using UDPP and thought it was a great product until I tried this paint pot.. ITS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better!! I got it through a swap and just cannot stop picking it up to use everyday. Its great for use on its own if you just want a nice bright day look and it held my eyeshadow all day long from early morning (6am) till late at night. It made my eyeshadow pop.
I love the texture and seriously worth purchasing -def will repurchase!