MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really really love this product. This one product has made me want to collect all the painpots. I really dislike UDPP because I don't find it silky enough, but this is just velvety smooth. I also use this for undereye concealer, even though im NC15, it works wonders.

on 7/24/2009 12:44:00 AM

I really like this paint pot for days when I don't want a lot of make up going on. I use this to give me a "my eyelids only better" look, and it works perfectly. I add a little eye liner and mascara and I'm out the door.
As far as using this as a primer, I do use it occasionally, but you have to be very care to only use an extremely thin layer, or I find that my eyes feel sticky if I use more than just an extremely light amount.
This color is very similar to Soft Ochre, but unlike Soft Ochre's yellow base, this has a pink undertone.

on 7/21/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first paint pot. I've tried UDPP, TFSI and HIP Cream Shadow Paints all with the same results, my shadow creased and faded as if I hadn't even used a primer. I did experience a little creasing and fading with this as well but my shadow looked better than usual by the end of the day. It blends perfectly well into my NW20 skin and makes my eyes look SO bright and awake. I almost prefer wearing it alone. I will absolutely repurchase.

on 7/21/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this! I don't know why, but this baby has been sitting in my drawer for EVER, unopened, in the box. I bought Painterly and Bare Study on a buying spree and never opened them. until now. The other night I had my mu done at MAC for a party I was going to. I had the artist do my mu using the Eccentricity eyeshadow quad from the Colour Craft collection (a Rich gold, a Light violet, a Rich bronze and a Deep plum) Anyway, the party was outside and it was 90 degrees the entire night! I got home and checked myself in the mirror and still, even at midnight, not a crease, not a smear, not a budge! To me, this just as good if not better than Shadow Insurance which is $17 for 0.35 oz or even Urban deacy Eyeshadow Primer Potion which for 0.34 oz is $17 - MAC's paint pot is more - .17 fl oz for $16.50. but you don't have to squeeze out the product or dig in a genie bottle - you shouldn't use your finger for this imo. I use my 252 shader brush although the MAC SA suggested using 242. Again, I love this!

on 7/21/2009 8:25:00 PM

i really like this as a eyeshadow base, it also covers everything on my lids. my shadow lasts all day when i wear this. i love it and plan on buying every color.

on 7/20/2009 7:11:00 PM

For those with a short attention span, my one word review is: weird.

I guess I am one of the few voices of dissent on paint pots. This paint pot does have the right texture for being used a s primer. However, I found it VERY difficult to blend the mac shadows over it. Other brand shadows blended better, but......the undertone in this color. What the H#((??

There is a weird undertone to this color that looks downright strange on me. Even when used as a base, I am fighting to overcome this undertone by packing on the shadow.

Its not a yellow undertone or pink. Honestly I suspect it has a blue undertone. Whatever it is, its looks bizarre on me and I can't wear it.

I handed it off to my sister who just LOVES it! So, my advice here is try before you buy. And make sure to buy it from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't work out.

on 7/20/2009 5:37:00 PM

I love this so much dark or light eye makeup it works well with. my go to base for almost any color

on 7/20/2009 1:23:00 PM

I love the paint pots have them in every color but this is my go to neutral. I've never had any problem with creasing or fading but the trick is to make sure to not put on too much and use a brush not your fingers!

on 7/20/2009 6:16:00 AM

I brought this product to use mostly as a primer for my eyeshadow, as i have real issues with the creasing. Was really disappointed by this product overall. I come from New Zealand, so couldn't get my hands on UDPP or TFSI, although I have read the reviews on them and have heard wonder stories about what they do in terms of creasing, making shadows pop and increasing staying power of eyeshadow.

I got this product because I had read reviews and was recommended it by the lady at the Mac counter, who told me it was better than the Mac paints due to the fact it was a lot easier to apply, and was also told my eyeshadow would stay put all day. I used it the following day, but my eyeshadow began creasing about two hours after application. I am not a happy camper, and will not be buying this again. It did make the colours of the shadow a lot more vibrant and was easy enough to apply, but what is the point in that if they are just going to wipe off my face straight away?

I will be looking for some UDPP or TFSI online to replace this as a primer, but will use it on the days when I don't feel like having any coloured shadows on my face but want a bright fresh eye.

on 7/19/2009 7:02:00 PM

This is a staple in my makeup collection. It's perfect on my NW20 skin. It works as a base for your eyeshadow. I use to use Two Faced Shadow Insurance, but since that serperates and expires on me in 6 months, I just use Painterly now. It's velvet smooth and also works on my dark circles when set with a powder. Worth the investment in my opinion. Lasts a long time and very useful product.