July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this before I even knew what UDPP really was and I liked it alright. I have to be careful with it because it's a little too light for my skin tone so if I use this as a base, I have to make sure I don't get it on anywhere but my eyelids because (especially in pictures) there are pale rings around my eyes and it looks weird.

However, it does work great and it is cheaper than UDPP or TFSI...I just need to get a darker shade once I use up my Painterly. But I do still like it a lot now that I've gotten used to how to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by martina1986

I have been using UDPP and thought it was a great product until I tried this paint pot.. ITS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better!! I got it through a swap and just cannot stop picking it up to use everyday. Its great for use on its own if you just want a nice bright day look and it held my eyeshadow all day long from early morning (6am) till late at night. It made my eyeshadow pop.
I love the texture and seriously worth purchasing -def will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by evange

I wanted to try a paint pot, so I just chose what I thought would be a neutral skin colour shade. But Painterly makes my skin look grey. The pink is not flattering.

If you're looking for a neutral paint pot to start, go with soft ochre. It is quite pale, but the yellow balances and brightens (see benifit lemon-aid).

Painterly is not a bad product, but I doubt it actually looks good on anyone;s skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByGeneva

I really like Paintery because its so sticky, so it grabs pigments well, its blends wonderfully, and the packaging is quite practical. However, I have oily lids, and after making a comparison with UDPP, the UDPP made the color last longer with less creasing. I've used this on people with not so oily lids, and it works really well, and you get a ton of product so it will last you a really long time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this paintpot. I tried TFSI and it is very drying on my aging eyelids. I find the painterly to be much easier to apply. I use my finger and it applies very easily. Shadows stick to it and it doesn't crease most of the time. Somedays it does crease a bit. I think it may have to do with humidity. I still love it though and sometimes just wear it without shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by askari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes me look old. Every crease and line in my eyelid is highlighted. It's like coating a wall with lots of cracks and irregularities with matte paint. I've read many of the positive reviews here and wonder if the problem is that I'm applying it with a brush rather than dabbing it on with my fingers?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Lizap

I was recomended by a Mac rep to try this and she was right.
I never used eyeshadow primer and boy was I wrong. I used MAC painterly pot and loved it. Kept my eyeshadow from creasing and fading. Grabbed my eyeshadow quick too.
You have to remember to blend really well and also if you blend up to eyebrows it will set your eyebrows too. Learned that myself.) It helps tame the brows and keep its shape and hold on the eyebrow color too. I apply it with a stiff eyebrow brush and it works better then just applying straight with pencil. Use a brush, it controls better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by emememem

love the packaging,amazing base easily removed and eyeshadow stays exactly in place even in a water fight lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Perfect eyeshadow base for my NC40 skin.

Pros:
- matte and non creasing
- eyeshadows apply true to colour over the top
- easily removed
- sturdy glass pot, less messy than the original pain tubes
- a little goes a long way

Cons:
- minor one, but this is best applied just with fingertips. It goes all chalky and weird on me when I used an eyeshadow brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ravnoss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG!!! I love this! I've used bare canvas, and bare study for so long, I thought I'd try something matte and neutral. I wish I would have tried sooner! At first, it was chalky like everyone says, but somewhere I read to store these pots upside down so the oil can mix through to the top of the pot. That helps alot. I start by putting it on my bare eyelids, bottom to top. Then, I do my eyeshadow. Then, I wipe off anything that fell under my eyes and put some Mac Fast Response Eye Cream under my eyes. Then, I use Painterly over the cream as a concealer with my finger. Also, in the crease of my nose and around my mouth and lips. Then I use Stila Moisturizing Primer SPF 15 on the rest of my face and apply Mac Studio Fix Liquid Foundation in NC20 with a Mac 187 brush, thick for full coverage. I even put some on top of the Painterly under my eyes. Then a tiny dusting of Bare Minerals feather lite mineral veil and blush. Next, I use Mac Fluidline Blacktrack and line my entire eyes, and Zoomlash Mascara in Black. Then I use an Anastasia eyebrow template and draw them on with Mac Constructivist Paint Pot with a short, stiff angled eyebrow brush. I go over it with the same brush and some Anastasia Brow Gel. My entire face is PERFECT and GLOWY and MOISTURIZED and I only reapply lipgloss all day. No oily T-zone and no extra powdering necessary.