August 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great product ! One of my firsts MAC's purchases. I'm an NC37 and Painterly was the closest color to my tone. I'm 50/50 with this one and that is why I gave it 4 "lip beautifiers". I love it.....yet I noticed that After 7-7.5 hrs it started to show a faint crease on my lid even with E/S on. I normally apply a dicent amount and I tried applying more but I noticed that increased the start of creasing as well. I recently purchased UDPP in Sin and I apply that first then I apply MAC's Painterly on top then follow with E/S. I noticed a GREAT difference and my E/S did not start to crease at all...not even after 12 hrs !! Huge difference. It basically stayed on throughtout the late night. I don't think I'll be purchasing another.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

This was the first MAC product I ever bought. I thought it was really good! I needed an eyeshadow base and I got this just because I had Fenwicks vouchers and there is UD stall in that store. Anyway, I really really love it.

I give it 4 out of five because I really find it helps loads to store this upside down (as another reviewer suggested) It makes it much more easy to apple and work with. But this is the only issue I have and Painterly is an absolute sessesity for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! After slugging it out with UDPP and TFSI, I can finally say I have found my HG. I could go on and on about it, but let's keep it simple ladies:

- it provides an amazing neutralizing/brightening base, making e/s optional if you wish
- it stays on the lid until you want it off, then it comes off easily
- it makes e/s pop, and makes it easy to blend colors
- easy to apply
- the container is so much easier to deal with
- feels like nothing on the eye, doesn't irritate my eyes

I love that it brightens up the eye with its high pigment, without adding annoying microscopic glitter to your eye (talking about about, UDPP Sin). Con is that in its container, I am tempted to dab my finger into it to apply in a rush, and that isn't very hygienic although I do wash my hands before I do this. Over all, very natural, and a very pretty effect that stays on all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing as a base.......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, while this doesn't blank out my eye, I find it to be unnecessary for me. I generally prefer to just put on UDPP or TFSI instead of this. This dried out much quicker than my other paint pots. I'm NC20 for reference as this was a good skin match. I find I like paint pots with a little bit of shimmer in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this before I even knew what UDPP really was and I liked it alright. I have to be careful with it because it's a little too light for my skin tone so if I use this as a base, I have to make sure I don't get it on anywhere but my eyelids because (especially in pictures) there are pale rings around my eyes and it looks weird.

However, it does work great and it is cheaper than UDPP or TFSI...I just need to get a darker shade once I use up my Painterly. But I do still like it a lot now that I've gotten used to how to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by martina1986

I have been using UDPP and thought it was a great product until I tried this paint pot.. ITS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better!! I got it through a swap and just cannot stop picking it up to use everyday. Its great for use on its own if you just want a nice bright day look and it held my eyeshadow all day long from early morning (6am) till late at night. It made my eyeshadow pop.
I love the texture and seriously worth purchasing -def will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by evange

I wanted to try a paint pot, so I just chose what I thought would be a neutral skin colour shade. But Painterly makes my skin look grey. The pink is not flattering.

If you're looking for a neutral paint pot to start, go with soft ochre. It is quite pale, but the yellow balances and brightens (see benifit lemon-aid).

Painterly is not a bad product, but I doubt it actually looks good on anyone;s skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByGeneva

I really like Paintery because its so sticky, so it grabs pigments well, its blends wonderfully, and the packaging is quite practical. However, I have oily lids, and after making a comparison with UDPP, the UDPP made the color last longer with less creasing. I've used this on people with not so oily lids, and it works really well, and you get a ton of product so it will last you a really long time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this paintpot. I tried TFSI and it is very drying on my aging eyelids. I find the painterly to be much easier to apply. I use my finger and it applies very easily. Shadows stick to it and it doesn't crease most of the time. Somedays it does crease a bit. I think it may have to do with humidity. I still love it though and sometimes just wear it without shadow.