MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this (not just love but LOVE!). The color, texture, everything about this is perfect!! I wear it under EVERYTHING. It makes shadows POP! I believe that this an essential to everyone makeup bag! I actually can do (live!) without it! TRY IT!

I LOVE my Painterly! It is my base for eyeshadows. Never creases, never fades... always pleases me! I do not use it with a primer, too. I apply it with a flat, stiff eye brush. It matches my skin tone almost exactly, and covers up any flaws (like stains from MUFE shadows...). I find that it's a great value. I've had mine for nearly 2 years, using it several times a week, and the dip is just a few millimeters deep. So tons of product for the money! I would definitely buy again if I ever run out of my current jar!

i will buy this product OVER AND OVER AGAIN. i've been using it as an eyeshadow base and OMG. i applied it around 6:10am this morning. its now 10:19 pm and my makeup still looks fresh with no fading and no creasing. MAC is amazing. its a little bit pricey, but its more or less the same price as UDPP or TFSI but it performs BETTER. love love love it.

oh mac paint pot in painterly, how do i love thee? shall we count the ways???
this stuff is spun gold. it covers all my eyelid problems, from veins to dark spots. it goes on without looking cakey or dry. it doesnt accentuate any flakey skin or look pasty or white.

i apply this as an eye primer after using an eye cream. it evens out the area around my eyelids (and lids) so well that i can just use this and look put together.

i love how this really makes my b/e loose shadows stay put (i can use them dry now!!!)

i only wish that i would have gotten this a lot sooner than i did, how did i ever live without it???

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product. It's a bit pricey, but I love the fact that it last a long time. Just bought mine about 3 weeks ago, used it about 4 times a week and there is barely even a dip in it!!! Love the way it makes my eye shadow look fresh pretty much the whole day. Love this product .Great for just a e/s itself!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So, I admit this stuff is pretty pricey... but all Mac stuff is, so it was to be expected. It's awesome, though. I use a concealer brush to apply mine... this stuff matches your average caucasian skin tone really well and it prevents creasing all day long (I have actually accidentally slept with my eyemakeup on with this as a primer... I woke up the next day and it was still on my eyes, perfectly). I'd say it's worth the money.

I HAVE OILY EYELIDS AND THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME, ALSO IT STINGS MY EYELIDS, AT THIS RATE ILL NEVER FIND A GOOD EYEPRIMER. EVEN UDPP CREASES ON ME. I ALSO TRIED UDPP WITH THE PAINT POT AND THAT CREASED AS WELL, FAIL!!

Having just repurchased Painterly for the second time, I can honestly say it is the best primer I have ever used.

It not only makes bright shadows show truer but also ensures my eyeshadow stays crease free. I apply my make u[ at 5.30am and when I come to remove it at 10 at night it is still pretty much perfect!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is the perfect base to start your eye make up with

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm Asian with an olive-toned NC25-ish complexion and Painterly was a bit too pink for my preference. Soft Ochre turned out to be much too yellow so I mixed equal parts of both for the perfect base color--not too yellow and not too pink. My custom-blended shade is absolutely gorgeous. Paint Pots have quite an opaque finish and a very matte finish that makes it an ideal eye base.

Unfortunately, Paint Pots crease on me. It's not the Paint Pots' fault though. I have heavy monolids so pretty much everything that touches my lids crease, which is too bad because I love my custom-mixed Paint Pots shade. Did I mention that it's the perfect base shade for me? Really brightens up my eyes and neutralizes all discoloration. Much as I love UDPP, it doesn't have any actual coverage so I always have to use a powder shadow like MAC Brule to neutralize the redness in my lids before I can apply the rest of my eye makeup.

Paint Pots don't crease nearly as badly when worn over UDPP and in cooler, drier weather. Just keep in mind that you need to use the tiniest bit of Paint Pot if you're going to use it as a base over UDPP or it will look like spackle and make powder shadow nearly impossible to blend. You also don't need much Paint Pot since it's so opaque. Less is better and I find that patting it on my lids gives me better and easier application than using a brush. I mix enough Paint Pot to fit into a 5 gram sample jar, but even if you use Painterly straight, I recommend decanting a little into a small sample jar so the main jar stays fresher longer. I also recommend mixing Painterly and Soft Ochre if, like me, you find Painterly a touch too pink and/or Soft Ochre too yellow.

Top Rated MAC Products