Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 1/8/2003 1:18:00 AM

From the raves below, I was expecting it to do something amazing to my skin. Unfortunately, it was just a standard exfoliator to me.. a nice gentle one, but not *special*.

on 12/4/2002 11:58:00 PM

This is an awesome product!! I have very badly flaky super dehydrated skin. And I used to use a cleanser, then scrub my face very hard twice a day with a rough cloth to get rid of the flaky skin on my nose and cheek, but my face would still feel very rough. this product was recommended by a beauty therapist. I was in love with it on my 1st go, because I couldnt believe how smooth and Flaky-free my skin was, even without the scruby cloth or scrubs. And becoz this exfoliant doesnt have granules in it, it also makes it more gentle to ur skin. Highly recommend to EVERYONE, unless u have perfect skin.
UPDATE: I stopped using it everyday, coz it makes my skin became really thin and sensitive. now, i use this mayb once a month. but i still think its a very effective exfoliator.

Very nice exfoliator. It removes the dead cells effortlessly. It's the only enzymatic exfoliator that doesn't break me out.

on 11/15/2002 2:51:00 PM

This has become a staple in my morning cleansing routine! The grains are fine enough to not irritate my skin, and you can adjust how much exfoliating you get by using mixing more or less water. My skin does glow from using this product and I find that it rinses off very nicely. It costs $40, but I have heard that I last quite some time.

on 11/10/2002 10:52:00 PM

After reading rave reviews, I finally caved in. But I've yet to see results though. Its been about 1 month and I use it about twice weekly.
I don't really see any changes to my skin, and it did turn my cheeks red and raw. Perhaps I've been over-enthusatic about the scrubbing part. I'm still hoping that this will work for me as it did for other people.

on 10/21/2002 10:14:00 PM

A very expensive exfoliator. It does brighten the skin a little but I started breaking out after using it frequently.

on 10/17/2002 11:56:00 AM

I've been using Dermalogica skincare for a couple years now. When they launched this new product, I was soooo excited to try it. I LOVE IT!! It has a light citrus scent, and a gentle, yet very effective exfoliating action. It comes in a powder form, and only about 1tsp. is needed at a time. It foams up, and gently buffs the skin, to give it a nice smooth texture. Great to use before applying makeup.

on 10/11/2002 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well thats the first Dermalogica product I have tried and must say that I LOVE it! I thought it would be too fine to do any exfoliation, but it turned out fantastic! Its a powder u activate with water, gentle enough for every day, but still I would only use it 2 times a week because I dont want to overstimulate the skin and take even the good stuff off it! But I guess oily skins and acne prone ones could use it more often, but again I would guess that thats too gentle for them. This is perfect for normal, dry, sensitive and maybe slightly oily skins! My skin felt very smooth and refreshed and glowy! I m loking forward to try the exfoliating cream and other stuff! UPDATE: Since I found Peter Thomas Roth- Botanical Buffing Beads they became my HG of scrubs! Very gentle, but very effective. I like them way more than Daily Microfoliant, so I will not rebuy the Daily Microfoliant anymore. I get waay better results with PTR!

on 10/4/2002 8:30:00 PM

I hv to change my review on this again. When I started using, it broke me out with tiny rash pimples, but that somehow subsided when I reduced the usage to once every 3 days. Now, I know why people love tis exfoliator. For congested skin, I recommend to use over a longer period of time to see results. It really brightens up the complexion.

on 9/13/2002 6:37:00 PM

This is a very nice, gentle exfoliant. I used a sample for a couple of weeks with great results. It then got put to the ultimate test when I used it to combat severely peeling skin from an exfoliant burn. It was extremely gentle and soothing to my inflamed skin. I will always keep some on hand for times where I need super gentle exfoliation.