November 27, 2014 | 1416 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2002 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well thats the first Dermalogica product I have tried and must say that I LOVE it! I thought it would be too fine to do any exfoliation, but it turned out fantastic! Its a powder u activate with water, gentle enough for every day, but still I would only use it 2 times a week because I dont want to overstimulate the skin and take even the good stuff off it! But I guess oily skins and acne prone ones could use it more often, but again I would guess that thats too gentle for them. This is perfect for normal, dry, sensitive and maybe slightly oily skins! My skin felt very smooth and refreshed and glowy! I m loking forward to try the exfoliating cream and other stuff! UPDATE: Since I found Peter Thomas Roth- Botanical Buffing Beads they became my HG of scrubs! Very gentle, but very effective. I like them way more than Daily Microfoliant, so I will not rebuy the Daily Microfoliant anymore. I get waay better results with PTR!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2002 8:30:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hv to change my review on this again. When I started using, it broke me out with tiny rash pimples, but that somehow subsided when I reduced the usage to once every 3 days. Now, I know why people love tis exfoliator. For congested skin, I recommend to use over a longer period of time to see results. It really brightens up the complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2002 6:37:00 PM More reviews by benno8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice, gentle exfoliant. I used a sample for a couple of weeks with great results. It then got put to the ultimate test when I used it to combat severely peeling skin from an exfoliant burn. It was extremely gentle and soothing to my inflamed skin. I will always keep some on hand for times where I need super gentle exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2002 3:51:00 AM More reviews by pnlaw

I got this through a swap recently after reading some great reviews about it. This is an ultra-gentle scrub that can be used daily, as its name suggests. It's got a nice smell (like Eno) and the powder is really fine. This is different from your average scrub as it comes in powder form in a talcum-powder like bottle. To use it, you need to wet your hands and pour some powder onto your palm and rub your palms together to make a paste. My skin feels smooth and looks brighter after using it. I feel that the price is rather steep for such a product as one bottle won't last very long, if you use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2002 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: very gentle, lots of product in package, left face feeling smooth; COMMENTS: combination of physical and chemical exfoliants, slight glow after using this product, took a little practice to make the paste into the right consistency, originally tried a sample of this and purchased the full size

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2002 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Heddy

I am really loving this exfoliator. My skin is very sensitive to most exfoliation, and this one hasn't irritated it at all. The grains transform into a creamy/foamy cleanser. In the mornings, it's all I use, no need for a separate cleanser. And a little goes a long way. The packaging is also good, considering how hard it might be to properly pour out these grains.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2002 10:40:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must be missing something here, because this product hasn't done a thing for me. I like the concept of a rice-based enzyme product because it is very gentle and less harsh than apricot scrubs, but I see no visible improvement after using this product on and off for three months. With other microfoliants/scrubs I at least notice an immediate glow after using the product. It was also supposed to contain skin brightening complex of bearberry, aspergillis, grapefruit, and licorice to balance uneven skin pigmentation. It didn't do this for me either. This wasn't anything special and I'm just trying to finish it up. Nice container and a lot of product, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I've been using this product for a little over a week now after bcomplex (Karen) recommended it to me. I've had a big problem with chemical exfoliants (such as BHA & AHA products). So far -- GREAT! I've been using this daily with no irritation or problems whatsoever. Seems expensive at $40, but you only have to use a very tiny amount. It does not feel scratchy or abrasive at all -- but as if you are washing your face with a light cleanser (you cleanse your face before using this though). I also reviewed the Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Masque, and am very interested in trying more Dermalogica products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2002 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swapped for this, but I beleive it retails for $40. That sounds like a lot, but boy is this product wonderful. To exfoliate, I have been using kiehl's oatmeal and honey scrub, and before that benefit's honey snap out of it. I will not be going back to either of those products. This is a fine powder that turns to a paste in wet hands. You massage it in, and the results are amazing. Exfoliates amazingly well, and yet doesn't have a harsh or scratchy effect. You will see results the first time you use this. This is a new staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2002 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite routines in the morning is to use Dermalogica's Microfoliant. It is a daily exfoliant that is very gentle. I use it everyday unless my face is very irritated, which is not often, but if it is, then I skip one day. It contains soothing as well as brightening agents: green tea, rice flour, bearberry extract, lemon, licorice, salicylic acid, etc. The granules are very fine and gentle on the face. The product looks like finely milled white sand. Anyway, I use about a small teaspoon of product and several drops of water and then lightly smooth it gently on my face. Rinse with warm/tepid water. The result - very smooth skin, tight and clean pores. My face looks brighter and more alive (good for those "I look tired days") Also, makeup looks and goes on like a dream!