December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

**CURRENTLY 40% off at Walgreens.com** Finally, I found my HG powder foundation! I prefer a sheer, natural-looking matte finish...something that covers up my fading acne scars and evens out my skintone without actually looking like I'm wearing foundation--and this fits the bill perfectly. The coverage is pretty sheer--sheer enough that even with 2 layers of this foundation on, you can't tell that I'm wearing foundation. But it covers everything that needs covering (though I use a concealer underneath on really dark or red spots. It basically makes me look like I naturally have great skin...which is definitely not the case. The finish is pretty matte, but not as matte as Jlynne or Aromaleigh. I apply this with a Cat's Kabuki brush, and I've had no problem with flaking or caking. So far, I don't need a mid-day touch-up, but this might change by the time I hit the hot, humid weather in the summer. The brush that comes with it is utterly useless. However, the area at the top is the perfect size for a standard baby kabuki brush--since this is so cheap, it's worth it to invest $10-20 to buy a separate baby kabuki for touch-up applications on the go. I'm a MAC nc30, and I use the buff beige...it's a bit too light on me, but all of the colors are very forgiving, and once it's on my skin, you can't tell that it's too light. I might try transculent medium and see if it's a better color match.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by onion5

I can't figure out why everyone likes this stuff. Perhaps I got a bad batch or something. I bought MEDIUM TRANSLUSCENT, which is not bad as far as the actual colour goes. The powder itself is awful though. It's not even close to being finely milled enough to give a nice flawless finish on me. The "grains" are HUGE! It makes the pores on my cheeks look so massive, they almost look like pock marks. It also seems to highlight by barely there miniscule fine lines and make them look huge as well. And so not a good choice for my very oily skin. I've tried with a Lancome mattifying product and it still doesn't work. The package is cute but not very practical. The brush is like how I would imagine a porcupine's hair to be. I despise this product. DESPISE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jeanzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading this in mua, I can't help myself to try it. Its amazing, the powder blend into the skin perfectly, not to matte, not to shiny, just healthy glow. I have try aromaleigh (viole), I don't like the finish too chalky, but this really good and cheaper, the container is so cute.I use in buff beige for my pale asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hollis

I've been using this for several weeks, and I love it. It far exceeds the other mineral makeups I've used, and I've tried Bare Escentuals, Larenim, and Must Have Minerals. Not only is the quality far superior, but it's under $10, and you get far more product!! It's not cakey, and it's really easy to control the coverage. AND, NO BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE. I had to return BE because it's the bismuth oxychloride that made my face look shimmery, but worst of all, made my pores took way bigger than they already are, and gave me a red, itchy rash. (By the way, Must Have Minerals makes incredible "multi-purpose powders" that I use for eyeshadows. I have very oily eyelids, and they NEVER crease on me.)

The packaging is brilliant. Just enough product comes through the sifter. Unlike BE and Larenim, which let loads of product through the sifter and was quite messy.

Several people have commented on the stiffness of the brush. I thought the same thing at first, but after thoroughly washing the brush a few times, it got significantly softer. It's like a whole new brush. A lot of dyes washed out of it (used for the bristles, I assume), so maybe that's what caused it to be so stiff.

As far as color goes, I am extremely pale, and it is incredibly hard to find foundations that are light enough for me. (MAC's lightest studio fixx color is far to yellow and dark for me.) I usually end up with Px Traceless since it adjusts to my super-fair skin. Or, sometimes I just throw on some Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. Anyway, I bought this in Transluscent Light, which is a pretty close. It is a tad dark and yellow, but is hardly noticeable and hasn't kept me from using it. It also has not darkened on me throughout the day.

Also, no breakouts. I'm a happy girl! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cahs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While it's great to find mineral foundation locally now, I think I prefer their mineral pressed powder rather than the loose. It just seems to heavy and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by lulubella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a shot, and boy am I glad I did. It took me a while to track it down, but I finally found it at a Walgreens. This is a great product, and at $10.00, rivals any of the higher-end brands. I was using Aromaleigh in 2N and found that the Translucent Light PF was almost exact. I love the texture of this powder. It gives you a nice matte, flawless finish, but you skin feels soft and silky at the same time. Just love it. You only need a small amount to get great coverage, so this should last me a while. I use this and their new Cover Tox Ten concealer and I'm good to go. Some people have remarked about the packaging, but I find it to be really cute. I just pour some of the foundation in the cap. I just wish it came with a mirror, but you can't have it all. Physicians Formula has really come a long way since the early days, I hope they keep it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

After I realized about a year ago that my skin is starting to go sort of "blotchy" on me, I decided I need a foundation. I HATE liquid and cream foundations, but have very dry acne-prone, fussy, sensitive, skin. The only thing I've been able to use on it is Dove soap and Olive Oil. After some trial and error, I realized minerals are probably the way to go. But the price! OUCH! Then I read the reviews on here for Physicians Formula, which in the past has always let me down. Let me just say that they have done a FANTASTIC job with this. I did a lot of research on applying these foundations. I put on some moisturizer with a sunscreen, let that sink in, blot, and then put this on in little circular buffing motions. I was very impressed with the coverage- I can just layer more on the areas that need it, and it looks like I have beautiful skin. That's it! And I can pat on a little for concealer and that blends right in too. It sort of sinks into the skin. I'm not bothered by the brush, it seems to work fine for me. The very first time I used it I lost maybe 3 hairs. As someone said below, I'm going to stockpile this one, because I don't want to be without it! I got this in Translucent Light, which perfectly matches my NC15 skintone. EDIT 8/31/07 I haven't used this in a while- I think it is too thick. Maybe better for winter? I usually just use concealer and pressed powder now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by thunderwoman

***2nd Update ***
Still loving this foundation. It's summer now and it gets hot and humid. This foundation stays put and doesn't itch like a lot of mineral foundations do. I love the versatility of this formula and have hardly seemed to have made a dent in the amount I've used. I think this is going to last forever!!

**UPDATE**
Still loving this foundation over a month later. I seem to have hardly put a dent in the amount of powder in the container. The versitality of the color I purchased seems to work with my skin after some sun exposure. I don't aim to tan, I just spend a lot of time outdoors and color up even through sunscreen. Creamy natural is a very good color and this is a very good foundation.

I bought this after reading all the good reviews. I've tried BE with no luck. It felt heavy on my face and it made me itch when I got warm. I also tried Neutrogena sheer minerals. The color was too orange and the blend-ability was poor.
I am love, love, loving this foundation. It evens my skin tone out perfectly. My skin is a tad on the dry side and this seems to help my moisturizer stay put.
I have a neutral light-ish complexion and I bough the color Creamy Natural. It blends perfectly. The brush is excellent and I love that it's all neat and organized.
I bought the little tiny yellow tube of corrector with the beige tiny concealor for undereyes. It works great. Barring any unseen disasters, I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by HelloKiki

I had a bad start with this foundation. I got the wrong color and it just looked bad on. I wore it once and was going to take it back to the store, but I ended up trying it again. I really liked it, but still couldn't get past the color being wrong. I decided to go buy a different color before returning it (so if it didn't work I could save myself a trip to Walgreens!), and I'm throughly impressed! Translucent light is a perfect match for my PPP skin, and the coverage is suprisingly good. It does get a little shiny by the end of the day, but it still looks good and stays in place. It doesn't rub off on my clothes, and only gets a little on my cell phone case (a notorious make-up maganet). It hasn't turned orange, either!
I'm very happy with this product and think I might have found my new favorite foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by meanderson18

YAY! I'm really liking this so far. I have Buff Beige, which is very yellow (warning), but gives nice coverage. I have a lot of old acne marks from my pre-Accutane days that are very stubborn, and this really gives me a much more even looking complexion. I tried Neutrogena Mineral Sheers before this, which I like, but it doesn't give as much coverage (definitely "sheer"). I like the feel of a powder much better than a liquid, so this is like a dream come true. It feels much more "naked" and "natural." I do have to say that the color selection sucks, but I hope it will expand as this product gains popularity. Personally, I'm going to go with a different color next time (probably creamy natural) because Buff Beige has too much yellow for my pale skin with pink undertones.