April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by meanderson18

YAY! I'm really liking this so far. I have Buff Beige, which is very yellow (warning), but gives nice coverage. I have a lot of old acne marks from my pre-Accutane days that are very stubborn, and this really gives me a much more even looking complexion. I tried Neutrogena Mineral Sheers before this, which I like, but it doesn't give as much coverage (definitely "sheer"). I like the feel of a powder much better than a liquid, so this is like a dream come true. It feels much more "naked" and "natural." I do have to say that the color selection sucks, but I hope it will expand as this product gains popularity. Personally, I'm going to go with a different color next time (probably creamy natural) because Buff Beige has too much yellow for my pale skin with pink undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hot damn!

I'll join in the praises for this product. I've tried (and will soon return) BE foundation in Tan, because it's a bit too dark and neutral, which makes it look "off". This PF mineral foundation ($12 for 14g) is lighter and slightly warmer, though I mix it with a bit of golden iridescent powder for a warmer "glow". I'd give it extra points for packaging; while not as compact as the BE foundation, its "controlled" (covered) sifter and usable mini kabuki brush built into the packaging means that I'm neither wasting product nor scrambling for a brush. The only caveat is, as always, the shade range; I (GGG -- NC41) wear Sand Beige, the darkest of the 6 shades, which in the context of skintones, isn't all that dark.
I also sprinkle the powder out of the sifter into the domed top, and swirl my brush in that--works great! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMGosh! I LOVE this stuff! I have searched for years to find a makeup I truly fell in love with. I hate the thick look and feel of liquid makeup, but it seemed to be the only thing that would cover my red areas and small imperfections. I bought this with high expectations, and it met all of them! I put a bit of concealer under my eyes, and used a powder brush to apply the foundation. It actually looks flawless! Not shiny, and not matte, just like you have great skin! I always wanted to try Philosophy's supernatural, but the price kept me away, but now I have found my HG. I desperatley hope PF doesn't discontinue this, I'll use it forever! Ladies, this is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to add another rave on this one. I purchased this product one week ago and have been blown away by its quality, staying power, and effect on my skin. I currently live in a retail challenged area :), so my wish to try mineral makeup went unfulfilled. Given the price of BE and others, I did not want to order online and play "hit or miss" - foundation is a try-in-person-only purchase for me. I have always been a liquid foundation girl - in my drawer currently are Sisley and MAC foundations, and I previously used Biotherm (Whitening Spa). My sensitive skin, however, did not like MAC (I've used Hyperreal and Select SPF), and the Sisley, I've determined, leaves my dry skin drier. Because I like the Sisley concept of natural ingredients, however, I was interested in minerals. Never in my life did I imagine the finish I'd get from this product - my face looks airbrushed, and despite being a mineral neophyte the application was very easy. The makeup consistency is extremely finely milled - I was anticipating something akin to loose powder, but the particles are finer and the product denser (i.e., not so "airy"). I feared I would look parched with this - my skin is so dry that I never wear powder, and despite using cheek stains and cream blushes I have no shine at the end of the day. Instead, I simply apply moisturizer or primer, conceal any little places that need concealing, and buff on the minerals. One small problem - I've not yet managed to use "wetter" blushes with this, but have returned to powder blushes, which, IMO, look less natural because they don't melt into the skin. Nonetheless, I think the Physician's Formula is a great product. I wasn't crazy about the packaging, so I placed it into an old MAC powder container with a sifter on top that I like better. Will definitely repurchase...in fact, I'll probably stockpile in case this is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth_02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

omg!!!!! this is the best thing ever. i have tried all other kinds of mineral makeup with no luck but after everyone gave such great reviews on this i had to try it and believe me it was so worth it!!! i love this stuff. I have always bought full coverage makeup and i knew this wouldn't be but i swear this is better than anything i have ever used. I would definatly recomend it. do yourself a favor ladies and go buy this!!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by alison7711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation i've ever had! my skin has never been so clear in my life thanks to this!!!!!!! my only wish is that there was spf in this other than that: this is cheap, great finish, built in brush, and wonderful container

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by shramlet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this very much! I've been using the Aromaleigh Voile for a few years now, but at less than half the price, this may be my new standard. The coverage is just right (I can layer it or not), and it makes my skin look very natural. The container doesn't put quite enough powder in the top because the lid is too close to the shaker holes, and I agree that I'd like a brush with a handle and broader bristles for better overall coverage. But I do like the brush with it for "buffing" this on as a light foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday after reading some of the reviews here. I have been looking for something to replace my Aveda Inner Light Foundation because it's just such a hassle to have to hike my butt up to the mall everytime I need some more foundation. So, I've been looking for something that I could get at the drug store or big chain stores like Target or Wal-Mart. Last week I bought the pressed version of this powder which I like, but I bought the wrong color. Since the loose powder version seemed to have a better color selection, I bought it a few days ago. Today is the first day that I've given it a full-face test and, so far, I have to say that I'm really pleased.

I got the powder in Translucent light which seems to work very well with my NC 15/20 fair skin. The coverage of the powder is very nice and has offered moderate coverage. There's just enough coverage that my skin looks smooth and even toned. I still use just a bit of my BE to cover blemishes (since I happen to think BE is the greatest thing as a concealer but can't use it all over my face). The PF powder gives a nice glow without looking oily although I do think I'll have to do a minor touch up on my nose at lunchtime. The packaging is very cute and I like the way it's designed in that it doesn't let a lot of powder leak out. The only thing is that I wish there was a true lid instead of the dome style lid because I am used to having to "swirl" my brush before applying powder. The brush that comes with it is cute but I didn't use it since I already have a BE kabuki brush that I love. Otherwise the packaging is great and makes for easy transportation of the product. Overall, I'm satisfied and, as long as this product continues to perform, plan to buy again.

3/30/06 Update: I'm not using this anymore. I'm not sure what happened but I was only able to get decent results that first day of use. Every day after that it's like the powder wouldn't even stay on my face and I didn't do anything different. So, I took off a lippie. Too bad, I had high hopes for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product gives very sheer coverage, which makes it great as a finishing powder only.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic