July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cahs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While it's great to find mineral foundation locally now, I think I prefer their mineral pressed powder rather than the loose. It just seems to heavy and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by lulubella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a shot, and boy am I glad I did. It took me a while to track it down, but I finally found it at a Walgreens. This is a great product, and at $10.00, rivals any of the higher-end brands. I was using Aromaleigh in 2N and found that the Translucent Light PF was almost exact. I love the texture of this powder. It gives you a nice matte, flawless finish, but you skin feels soft and silky at the same time. Just love it. You only need a small amount to get great coverage, so this should last me a while. I use this and their new Cover Tox Ten concealer and I'm good to go. Some people have remarked about the packaging, but I find it to be really cute. I just pour some of the foundation in the cap. I just wish it came with a mirror, but you can't have it all. Physicians Formula has really come a long way since the early days, I hope they keep it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

After I realized about a year ago that my skin is starting to go sort of "blotchy" on me, I decided I need a foundation. I HATE liquid and cream foundations, but have very dry acne-prone, fussy, sensitive, skin. The only thing I've been able to use on it is Dove soap and Olive Oil. After some trial and error, I realized minerals are probably the way to go. But the price! OUCH! Then I read the reviews on here for Physicians Formula, which in the past has always let me down. Let me just say that they have done a FANTASTIC job with this. I did a lot of research on applying these foundations. I put on some moisturizer with a sunscreen, let that sink in, blot, and then put this on in little circular buffing motions. I was very impressed with the coverage- I can just layer more on the areas that need it, and it looks like I have beautiful skin. That's it! And I can pat on a little for concealer and that blends right in too. It sort of sinks into the skin. I'm not bothered by the brush, it seems to work fine for me. The very first time I used it I lost maybe 3 hairs. As someone said below, I'm going to stockpile this one, because I don't want to be without it! I got this in Translucent Light, which perfectly matches my NC15 skintone. EDIT 8/31/07 I haven't used this in a while- I think it is too thick. Maybe better for winter? I usually just use concealer and pressed powder now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by thunderwoman

***2nd Update ***
Still loving this foundation. It's summer now and it gets hot and humid. This foundation stays put and doesn't itch like a lot of mineral foundations do. I love the versatility of this formula and have hardly seemed to have made a dent in the amount I've used. I think this is going to last forever!!

**UPDATE**
Still loving this foundation over a month later. I seem to have hardly put a dent in the amount of powder in the container. The versitality of the color I purchased seems to work with my skin after some sun exposure. I don't aim to tan, I just spend a lot of time outdoors and color up even through sunscreen. Creamy natural is a very good color and this is a very good foundation.

I bought this after reading all the good reviews. I've tried BE with no luck. It felt heavy on my face and it made me itch when I got warm. I also tried Neutrogena sheer minerals. The color was too orange and the blend-ability was poor.
I am love, love, loving this foundation. It evens my skin tone out perfectly. My skin is a tad on the dry side and this seems to help my moisturizer stay put.
I have a neutral light-ish complexion and I bough the color Creamy Natural. It blends perfectly. The brush is excellent and I love that it's all neat and organized.
I bought the little tiny yellow tube of corrector with the beige tiny concealor for undereyes. It works great. Barring any unseen disasters, I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by HelloKiki

I had a bad start with this foundation. I got the wrong color and it just looked bad on. I wore it once and was going to take it back to the store, but I ended up trying it again. I really liked it, but still couldn't get past the color being wrong. I decided to go buy a different color before returning it (so if it didn't work I could save myself a trip to Walgreens!), and I'm throughly impressed! Translucent light is a perfect match for my PPP skin, and the coverage is suprisingly good. It does get a little shiny by the end of the day, but it still looks good and stays in place. It doesn't rub off on my clothes, and only gets a little on my cell phone case (a notorious make-up maganet). It hasn't turned orange, either!
I'm very happy with this product and think I might have found my new favorite foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by meanderson18

YAY! I'm really liking this so far. I have Buff Beige, which is very yellow (warning), but gives nice coverage. I have a lot of old acne marks from my pre-Accutane days that are very stubborn, and this really gives me a much more even looking complexion. I tried Neutrogena Mineral Sheers before this, which I like, but it doesn't give as much coverage (definitely "sheer"). I like the feel of a powder much better than a liquid, so this is like a dream come true. It feels much more "naked" and "natural." I do have to say that the color selection sucks, but I hope it will expand as this product gains popularity. Personally, I'm going to go with a different color next time (probably creamy natural) because Buff Beige has too much yellow for my pale skin with pink undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hot damn!

I'll join in the praises for this product. I've tried (and will soon return) BE foundation in Tan, because it's a bit too dark and neutral, which makes it look "off". This PF mineral foundation ($12 for 14g) is lighter and slightly warmer, though I mix it with a bit of golden iridescent powder for a warmer "glow". I'd give it extra points for packaging; while not as compact as the BE foundation, its "controlled" (covered) sifter and usable mini kabuki brush built into the packaging means that I'm neither wasting product nor scrambling for a brush. The only caveat is, as always, the shade range; I (GGG -- NC41) wear Sand Beige, the darkest of the 6 shades, which in the context of skintones, isn't all that dark.
I also sprinkle the powder out of the sifter into the domed top, and swirl my brush in that--works great! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMGosh! I LOVE this stuff! I have searched for years to find a makeup I truly fell in love with. I hate the thick look and feel of liquid makeup, but it seemed to be the only thing that would cover my red areas and small imperfections. I bought this with high expectations, and it met all of them! I put a bit of concealer under my eyes, and used a powder brush to apply the foundation. It actually looks flawless! Not shiny, and not matte, just like you have great skin! I always wanted to try Philosophy's supernatural, but the price kept me away, but now I have found my HG. I desperatley hope PF doesn't discontinue this, I'll use it forever! Ladies, this is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to add another rave on this one. I purchased this product one week ago and have been blown away by its quality, staying power, and effect on my skin. I currently live in a retail challenged area :), so my wish to try mineral makeup went unfulfilled. Given the price of BE and others, I did not want to order online and play "hit or miss" - foundation is a try-in-person-only purchase for me. I have always been a liquid foundation girl - in my drawer currently are Sisley and MAC foundations, and I previously used Biotherm (Whitening Spa). My sensitive skin, however, did not like MAC (I've used Hyperreal and Select SPF), and the Sisley, I've determined, leaves my dry skin drier. Because I like the Sisley concept of natural ingredients, however, I was interested in minerals. Never in my life did I imagine the finish I'd get from this product - my face looks airbrushed, and despite being a mineral neophyte the application was very easy. The makeup consistency is extremely finely milled - I was anticipating something akin to loose powder, but the particles are finer and the product denser (i.e., not so "airy"). I feared I would look parched with this - my skin is so dry that I never wear powder, and despite using cheek stains and cream blushes I have no shine at the end of the day. Instead, I simply apply moisturizer or primer, conceal any little places that need concealing, and buff on the minerals. One small problem - I've not yet managed to use "wetter" blushes with this, but have returned to powder blushes, which, IMO, look less natural because they don't melt into the skin. Nonetheless, I think the Physician's Formula is a great product. I wasn't crazy about the packaging, so I placed it into an old MAC powder container with a sifter on top that I like better. Will definitely repurchase...in fact, I'll probably stockpile in case this is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth_02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

omg!!!!! this is the best thing ever. i have tried all other kinds of mineral makeup with no luck but after everyone gave such great reviews on this i had to try it and believe me it was so worth it!!! i love this stuff. I have always bought full coverage makeup and i knew this wouldn't be but i swear this is better than anything i have ever used. I would definatly recomend it. do yourself a favor ladies and go buy this!!!! :)