August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had read so many rave review on MUA that I just had to give this a go. It's great to massage into your body. Moisturises well though I think it would be too oily to use for daytime. I would only put this on before bed or something. I tried it on my face. Used it for three nights but kinda freaked out with worry because even though I had read so many great (glowing skin!) reviews for this as a face moisturiser, I also read a lot of scary (broke out horribly, huge pimples, clogged pores- ahhh) reviews. It didn't do anything bad in the three nights, in fact my skin was lovely and soft I was just too worried as I have a few big events coming & can't afford crazy skin. So I have stopped using it on my face n now it's just strictly for body, eye makeup removal and as a hair treatment (I use it on dry hair, leave it on for an hour or so.Sometimes overnight, then shampoo & condition. just don't put too much in! Sometimes I use it to keep flyaways at bay, but only use a tiiiiny bit. definately no bigger than a finger nail, or else your hair will go stringy and will just look greasy. The only other downside is the jar it comes in. As I use more I can see it's going to be a problem as I get closer to the bottom. BUT definately a great product. A new staple for me. Heard so people eat some every day with some great benefits so I might look into that..
UPDATE: have started getting pimples on the back of my neck.. two are right at the hair line and I wonder if it's because of this? anyway I was using this overnight but might start to leave it on for just an hour or two on a sunday prehaps just in case. other than that, hair is still looking healthy and staying split end free atm!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gingereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EVCO has been one of the ONLY products that has completely gotten rid of those unsightly tiny bumps on the back of my arms. (The other product was a tube of $30 AHA body lotion that lasted less than a month.) For the price and quantity of product I will definitely stick with the EVCO. When I first got it I scooped some out with a spoon and put it in a smaller container (a small tub of some Sally Hansen foot scrub product that I had just finished off.) That was almost a year ago and I still haven't had to refill the small tub. A little bit goes a long way.
I have also used it as an eye make up removed-doesn't tug at sensitive skin and takes off my long lasting gel or creme eye liners.
I am going to try it in my hair this afternoon...we'll see how it goes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I have thick, wavy Asian hair that misbehaves unless I aim a blowdryer at it and then straighten with an iron or curl with a barrel. It's rare I go without a straightener or a curling iron - I always feel like my hair is puffy and frizzy and unattractively wild. Coconut oil (I bought a massive tub of extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil from the Philippines, available at The Real Canadian Superstore's naturals/organic aisle) has enabled me to blowdry and go! I first towel dry with a microfiber towel, then blowdry. Then I take a small amount of the oil, rub it between my palms to liquefy, and then work it through the ends of my hair. Voila! Silky, bouncy hair that's not flattened by an iron or made up. At night I run a small amount through as well, and it gives my hair extra conditioning. The scent is pretty (natural toasted coconut), although it disappears within minutes. I bought my tub for about $20, but it will last me years and years. Still, cheaper versions are available out there - just make sure you buy the unrefined, extra virgin version.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by huka07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use extra virgin coconut oil from whole food market. I have been using this on my oily acne prone face as night moisturizer and my skin improves drastically. I don't have pimples on my face anymore we..one or two most compared to it used to be 5-10 at one time which I thought very weird..putting oil on my oily skin = acnes.
It's been at least 4 months using this oil on my face and my face is still line free considering I will hit 31 next month..aaahhh

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

my mom made it for me..so i feel safe to use it anywhere i wish..but i usually use it for my hair..leave it on my hair before i shampoo it,and put on a shower cap for 2 hours and let it soak into your hair and scalp before rinsing it with water or water with a lil bit of baking soda/acv..my hair is a lot more stronger,thicker,shinier,smoother,healthy..HG!!
UPDATE:this stuff is great!!i cn see a lot baby hairs start to grow all over my head..my hair looks fuller now!!yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

I bought this a few weeks ago because all that I have read on here.I bought almond oil as well. I have really only used this on my hair and body and tried the almond oil for my face- while it didn't hurt anything, I didn't really find it all that moisturizing. So, I think I may give this a try on my face but am scared because of acne issues. I have read in several places though on line that coconut oil is great for skin, and acne- though it is listed at comodegenic. So, I am just going to test it out on my chin for a few days before using all over my face.
I love how it feels on my body and makes my hair nice and soft...so hopefully I will get the same results on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only used this for tanning. I put it on before laying in the sun and I get an even tan with bonus moisturizing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by crash247

I just tried this and I must say I LOVE it!!! I've tried so many conditioners,leave in treatments,other oils,etc.I have to say this is one of the best things I've ever tried.It smells wonderful,it's easy to rinse out,and my hair looks great.I have thick wavy hair that gets dry and looks it,but this made my hair so soft and gave it nice shine also.Will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by acc929

I'm kind of in love. I had been worried that using this would be a mistake and make my hair a greaseball, but it didn't. That said, this takes a certain amount of trial and error for everyone, since everyone's hair is different. The first time I tried it, I put the tub in a sinkful of warm water and waited for the oil to liquify. I know now that this isn't necessary. Take a lump out, but it in your hand, and you can actually *watch* it melt. Plus, continuously melting the same oil isn't good because it messes with the bonds that make the oil a solid at room temperature, plus, it's more time consuming than it needs to be. Also the first time I used it, I left this on for over two hours and then shamooed twice (I also applied it to my roots). Unless you have greasy hair you really don't need to shampoo more than once, just make sure the shampoo you use is clear or transparent, not the thick, white, creamy kind (leaves residue). Now what I do is a take a lump in my hand, melt it, apply it from the ears down (concentrating on ends), throw my hair up in a bun, and leave it like that either overnight or for a few hours. Then, I shampoo once and apply conditioner sparingly. This doesn't make my hair look that much better, but it's scientifically proven that coconut oil strengthens the hair shaft from the inside. My hair is shinier and stronger, so hopefully now it'll grow faster :) You can also use this as a serum, but use it REALLY sparingly unless your hair is course, because it can make ends look a little stringy. Overall, good for your hair's health. Def. repurchase =)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BluEyez1031

I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil from a jar, and I have to say, it has saved my skin! I was very skeptical of using an oil, but after suffering from acne for years and trying pretty much everything, I decided to give coconut oil a chance. I began putting a light layer on my face every night, and almost immediately my breakouts began clearing up and my skin tone became smoother and less red. I have now been doing this treatment at night for months, and it is a staple in my skincare routine. I don't care for the packaging, but with such amazing results, I can't complain!