TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 9/22/2008 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I keep stopping using this and then coming back to it. It does protect my hair. I liberally spray on towel dried hair before blowdrying and then spray very lightly on dry hair before flat ironing. It does make my hair look smooth BUT it tends to make it a tad bit stiff and sticky and makes my ends feel really coarse (even today after getting a good half inch trim they still feel coarse after using this). But it is okay. what can you expect for like 4 bucks?

It makes hair pretty soft but nothing spectacular. The scent is really nice too. It says to apply when hair is damp before blow drying, and then before straightening. It takes too long to dry on dry hair though, so I've been just using it before I blow dry. It seems that it makes my hair more oily throughout the day (which I have kinda dry hair), so definitely don't apply near the roots. I do feel that it helps a bit with using so many heating products. My hair looks less fried, but not the miracle that I've been searching for.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

truly impressed with this spray. i went looking for the Alberto Vo5 heat spray but couldn't find it anywhere so i picked this up instead. I blow dry my hair 3 times a week and straighten in every day so my ends were getting destroyed. i felt the need to use more and more of my John Frieda Sheer Blonde dream cream every time just to stop the ends from looking frizzy. I used this spray this morning and my hair feels soft and silky, with no frizzy ends, and i haven't even used my beloved dream cream yet! Even my boyfriend noticed it felt super soft. It's not a miracle product, but it's doing a great job so far! the spray is a bit awkward (not the mist, i love the mist, just the shape of the spray in my hand) but it was super cheap, smells good, and makes my hair feel super soft and protected. it says you can spray it on dry hair before you straighten it, and i haven't tried that yet... i'm a little nervous to, i don't want it to look greasy or fry my hair from straightening it when it's damp from product. i'm sure i'll try it eventually. highly recommended!

Not sure if I like the scent but it doesn't smell bad or anything. I think this does a good job of protecting your hair. I can feel it coating my hair and it makes it very very silky and smooth! A good product for a cheap price! Try this. =)

edit: Makes my hair so greasy!!

EDIT**

Okay, so I'm starting to really like this product now that I have short hair. It does make hair very soft but I think it tends to greasy easily if you use it on long hair, since it has a lot less volume than short hair. However, with my shorter hair, this is a good product for me. Bumping up the rating to 4! Oh, and it smells good to me now!!

UPDATE: 12/29/2011
So it's been three years later and this product is a staple in my routine whenever I decide to straighten or blow dry my hair. The mere fact that I am still using this same product should tell you how great it is. I love the smell and it no longer makes my hair greasy when I use it. There is a definite difference between when I use this product. I believe it adds shine to the hair and helps to style better. The only sad thing is that I think they have raised the price on this product. :( But I will continue to repurchase!

i'm not quite sure if it is because my hair straightener is really crappy but this left my hair feeling dirty throughout the day. although i must say that the scent is quite nice. i might repurchase but only after a buy a "good" flat iron, just to see if it works better.

Very cheap, very effective heat protectant. I blow dry every day and straight iron a few times a week, this seems to really help prevent heat damage and I find that it helps with frizz too.

Love this product! I straighten my hair often (at least 3 times a week) and during the school year I blow-dry my hair everyday. I spray this product on for both, and get great results! My hair is softer, smoother, and shinier with this product. I love the spray nozzle, too- since it's so controlled, you can choose exactly where to spray it; I love when I curl my hair because I can perfectly spray each section of hair, and every strand gets a coat of the product to protect it. Buying this again, worked better than any heat protector or straightening product I've tried!

BEST HEAT PROTECTOR!<33 I get so many compliments on the smell of my hair and shinyness! I straighten my thick curly hair everyday. Out of all the products i've tried I didn't think a drugstore brand would be it! Must try! Not expensive ethier!

on 8/5/2008 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is really great. I use it everyday. Even on the days that i dont necessarily use heat products. But I live in cali so the sun is usually beaming down on my head anyway. lOl. so i figure its like "sunscreen" for the hair. i dont know if that really works but eh, its my own little concept.

but anyway. it doesnt weigh down my hair at all. its very light. the spray is like a mist so it gets distributed really well. it really does create less damage when i use my straightening iron. im on my second bottle right now so yea i would definately recommend it.

I had heard great reviews about this product before going out and buying it. This is absolutely perfect! Being Tresemme, it's very very cheap and of great quality. I let my hair dry naturally and then flat-iron it, and not only does this make me feel less guilty about it, but it really smooths down your hair and helps make it shiny. Since using it, I've noticed a lot less damaged parts in my hair, less frizz and also my colour seems more vibrant. It didn't weigh down my fine hair, thank God. I also like the packaging, sprays in general I just really like for some reason, even if the nozzle makes it kind of awkward to apply the first time. Recommended, even if you don't apply heat to your hair often, as it works as just an anti-frizz product as well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials