October 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by atlbaby1o1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

omg!!!! i luv this product!!! it keeps my hair from getting damaged, it makes it unbelievably soft,easy to use, a mist so speards evenly, it smells amazing, and isn't expensive!!!!!! nuff said i ♥ this product!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by buttascotch1

This is the best!!! doesn't weigh my hair down and I'm the kind of girl who wants volume so this is good! doesn't make my hair feel coated. I've been using it for a long time (one bottle last a few months), I thought it was ok, but the i never noticed how much i needed it until i stopped using it!! highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by veronabrit

I LOVE this spray! I brush my hair when i get out of the shower and then i spray this from the mid part of my hair to the ends (NOT on my roots). I feel this product makes my hair softer and smoother than before I started to use it...it makes it feel more...manageable and controlled.

I truly recommend this spray. I have read other heat-protectant reviews (like CHI and GHD), I have tried both of those sprays which made me hair feel coated and kind of straw-like and stiff. This spray makes my hair smooth and soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Cali_Dancer85

I picked this up on a whim at target two weeks ago because I needed a heat protectant since I blowdry everytime I wash my hair and do a little bit of flat iron everyday.

First off, this stuff is dirt cheap and the spray nozzle is great because it comes out in a mist so it distributes on my hair nicely. I feel like this gives my hair an extra bit of coating that minimizes the heat damage from the blowdryer and flatiron. My hair comes out soft and the ends are not as dry as they usually are. The best part is that this does not weigh down my hair, or make it greasy and so far, no buildup.

A definite repurchase until I find something that I feel protects my hair more without weighing it down or making it greasy (and that's hard to find!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by klynnxx

I saw a difference the first time I used this. My ends are so bad, and this really helps to protect them. It makes my hair really soft and easy to work with too. It was only $4.99, so I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Meliamalia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad. I use this when I switch off from Melting Gel by Studio Line(L'oreal) a few times a month. Only this helps my roots to stay straighter by flat ironing when I'm over due for a relaxer. Not as great a hold, over all, as the Melting Gel, but it is gentler for my hair (especially the ends) and doesn't bother my scalp like Melting Gel does sometimes. BTW- I notice I need to condition my hair VERY WELL, otherwise gels, mousse, liquids, leave in conditioners etc..will not work right. My hair is so bitchy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by BlackandBeautiful

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading a post on heat protectants at Beauty Brains (http://thebeautybrains.com/). I do not notice any difference in my hair when using this product before blow drying. I can't tell if it is working or not, and since I need to be WOW-ed by hair products, I will not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

This stuff protects my hair from my straightner, and it also smells good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by e_L_L_e

it claims to protect hair from heat. i really don't think it does anything. i air dry my hair and only use a hair dryer for like 1 minute every morning to set my style and add some volume. so i don't see a difference whatsoever. perhaps it may be more helpful to those who have more heat exposure. it is light weight though and smells very nice (lingers all day). would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Mahal_Princesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I use this everytime before I flat iron my hair. I spray this on the hair concentrating on my ends. I love the bottle design as it's very easy to use esp with the clip which is perfect for travel to avoid spillage. When I spray it comes out of a mist which makes it easy to evenly distributes on my hair. It's not a heavy product so it does not weigh down my fine hair. I also love the pleasant scent. A winner for me!
Update: Recently the nozzle has been acting up on me. It doesn't come out of mist more like a squirt - very difficult to use. Product gets everwhere including the floor. It's really annoying! However it's still great heat protectant if it wasn't for the damn nozzle.