TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 10/22/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have naturally straight hair, but flat iron ocassionally to give hair more style at the ends. I blow-dryed my medium textured hair as usual and looked great until I used the heat tamer spray. I sprayed a small amount very lightly and it made hair almost damp. My usually bouncy hair was left very flat and some pieces were going a different direction. I'd never had that happen until using this product. It may protect hair from the heat, but it makes your style wrong. So not good. I will try something else.

First thing first, this product is definitely not made for those have thick, curly hair.

My friend has a lovely mob of thick curly locks, and she used some of this product in her hair prior straightening. And trust me, the rests are scary!! It just killed her hair and it was sizzling like mad. (And it really didn't help much in protecting nor starightening)

However, I have thin, straight hair and when I used this in my hair before I used a curling iron, it made my hair so soft! I could really tell that this product was protecting my hair from the heat!

I'd definitely buy this again! But I will only recommend this product to people with thin, straight hair!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I picked this up on a whim. I was looking for a good heat protecting spray and this was pretty cheap so I grabbed it. I blowed out my hair and used my flat iron and I was very impressed with the results! Usually my hair looks puffy even after flat ironing it, but it was smooth and shiny and soft! I will definitely keep on using this!

on 10/14/2008 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

My first experience with this brand and it was not a good one. Used this one time on my already straight hair to protect it from the flat iron that I use to "polish" my look and give some curl to the ends. My hair became totally limp and straw like and my ends would not "take" to the flat-iron, they wouldn't curl under, nor completely straighten out. It was like my hair was immune to the heat of the flat-iron, but not in a good "it's protected way" but in a "there's no chance in hell my hair is going to cooperate with any styling tool I use" way. Tossed after one use (and I hold on to stuff forever, even stuff that I hardly use).

on 10/13/2008 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really liked this product as it made my hair smooth and shiny. I use it on my wet hair and it cuts my flat ironing time in half. i would highly recomend this if youre looking for something cheap and that totally works! And the smell is awesome.

I stopped using this for awhile and brought it back out and oh my goodness, what a difference i saw my hair was so smooth and soft and it looked healthy. I even went out and bought a new one.

on 9/26/2008 4:15:00 PM

Can't really tell if this helps with the heat protecting or not. But it does not smell bad nor make my hair gross and nasty. It actually feels light and clean. Then again, I don't use half the bottle everytime. I give it a light mist all over and blow dry. It seems ok but can't tell if it really works or not.

on 9/26/2008 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product left my freshly washed hair feeling dirty and gross. I'm not sure if it did it's job of protecting my hair from heat damage because my hair felt so gross. Would NOT buy again.

on 9/22/2008 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used this for the first time today on my fine, straigh hair. I usually let it air-dry for a while, then use the hair dryer to style it. While better for my hair, air-drying does let it frizz up a bit, even after finishing it up with the hair dryer. With the Instant Heat Tamer Spray, my hair came out silky, smooth and healthy-looking. There is nothing that works for everyone, but this product is a keeper for me.

on 9/22/2008 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I keep stopping using this and then coming back to it. It does protect my hair. I liberally spray on towel dried hair before blowdrying and then spray very lightly on dry hair before flat ironing. It does make my hair look smooth BUT it tends to make it a tad bit stiff and sticky and makes my ends feel really coarse (even today after getting a good half inch trim they still feel coarse after using this). But it is okay. what can you expect for like 4 bucks?

It makes hair pretty soft but nothing spectacular. The scent is really nice too. It says to apply when hair is damp before blow drying, and then before straightening. It takes too long to dry on dry hair though, so I've been just using it before I blow dry. It seems that it makes my hair more oily throughout the day (which I have kinda dry hair), so definitely don't apply near the roots. I do feel that it helps a bit with using so many heating products. My hair looks less fried, but not the miracle that I've been searching for.

Video Reviews & Tutorials