November 26, 2014 | 1904 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

Maybe its just my nose or my body chemistry but I really wouldn't describe this as fruity. Its more "brown sugar" oriental on me and sadly, I cannot pick out the caramel popcorn but that is not to say that this fragrance deserves a 2.9 rating! I agree with those who say that its an inoffensive and classic scent. I smell dried prunes, roses, just a *tiny tiny* bit of strawberry and something else I can't make out(its sort of like a more foody spice or oriental). Its not overly strong with sharp notes as long as you only use one or two spritz.The packaging is beyond GORGEOUS! This must be my prettiest bottle in my perfume collection...you really must see this for yourself because it simply takes your breath away. Dior also has one of the best application sprays because it spritzes out evenly and never clogs. The staying power is okay but for a EDP, I expected it to last longer then 3-4 hours. I purcased the 100ml and paid $100 for it (Miss Cherie Dior is the most expensive perfume I believe; the 50ml cost $80CDN) but its worth it! Highly recommended for all age groups and to all noses. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

Miss Dior Cherie is a very nice, inoffensive, easy-to-wear scent. It's a fruity scent, but not in an Escada-ish type of way. I can't place the notes (never been too good at that!), but I smell strawberries, apples, and some subtle musk. I don't get the patchouli from what I can smell. The bottle is so beautiful! Girly all the way! I would definitely wear this if I received it as a gift, but I'm not sure I'd buy this anytime soon (just bought Angel Lily, and that wasn't cheap)! :o) I would classify this scent as carefree, feminine, yet sophisticated. It's very nice..try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

I was very exciting about this new Dior fragrance.I smelled on it in the store and i really like i.Sweet,light and fresh.A perfect fragrance to summer.
I will use it in the cold month because i i have a new bottle and cannot use it up so quickly.I've got it on my birtday(29 July).Will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BasiaS

Very ordinary fruity floral fragrance that bores me to tears.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boring, boring. Miss Dior Cherie is a thin, inspid fruity floral, with watery notes of green apple and perhaps a wisp of mango and grapefruit. Not horrible, but certainly not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Maroota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm also wondering about the bad reviews about this perfume. Its absolutely fabulous. I was a bit hesitant to purchase it in the beginning as i'm a person who gets bored of certain perfumes very quickly! Fortunately though i decided to splurdge on it and i'm sooo glad i did =) This perfume is kinda strong but very fruity and i detect a bit of apple and mango mixture in this fruity scent. Very feminine and stays on for a long time which is great as it is expensive. My clothes have stayed smelling great for days, maybe even more than a week after spraying it on only once. Definately a great buy and its one of my favourite summer scents. I will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by momtotwo

I'm surprised at the poor reviews on this fragrance, it's as if they were trying a completely different product! I tried Miss Dior Cherie today as I was browsing my local dept store, and at first I thought that the initial strawberry sweetness was going to be the end of it but then after about 10 min it dried to the most gorgeous, smooth and fruity base. The patchouli is there in small amounts which is what I think keeps this from being too sugary sweet. To top it all off I got three (!!) compliments on it as I continued my shopping. Now, if that doesn't make me get a full bottle, I must be losing my mind. BTW it smells NOTHING like Miss Dior, which I also like. If you are looking for a "lite" version of MD, this isn't it. It would be considered a fruity chypre, but a sweet little girl version of one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to saks with the intention of purchasing Carolina by Carolina Herrera. I browsed the department and on a whim sprayed Miss Dior Cherie. It was actually quite similar to Carolina in the top notes due to the strawberry notes. I liked it better and decided to buy this instead. A 3.4 oz bottle was $85, they did not have the smaller bottle in stock. I have to say, I really like this fragrance. It opens with a burst of sweet fruity notes which include predominatly strawberry.....slightly gourmand overall. This stays with me for the first 2-3 hours and then it dries down to a skin scent with a hint of sweetness. The dry down is completely different than the charachter of the top notes. It goes from girly flirty sweet fun, to close to you warm skin scent. The sillage is not too strong. Some have compared this to coco mademoiselle and I have to agree, but only in the top and middle notes and this scent is not as strong as coco mlle. As stated before, it also reminds me of Carolina. The bottle is simply gorgeous and would look beautiful in anyone's collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by StarStorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely think that this fragrance is gor-ge-ous! It is so so lovely. It smells so sweet and feminine. The only downside is that it is pretty pricey (for me being a student). I tried to find something similar to this for fun. I tried Baby Doll by YSL and Dolly Girly by Anna Siu, and I don't find them smelling similar to Miss Dior Cherie as some people claimed. It also has great staying power too. I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 8:23:00 AM More reviews by lily530

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly don't understand all of the terrible reviews? I'm quite confused. I find this perfume to be very lovely. Very soft, delicate & pretty. The epitomy of femininity. The bottle itself whispers "I love being a girl".

UPDATE: I'm back to say I love this MORE AND MORE everyday!!!! I'm really in love with it.