July 31, 2014 | 2023 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

I was very exciting about this new Dior fragrance.I smelled on it in the store and i really like i.Sweet,light and fresh.A perfect fragrance to summer.
I will use it in the cold month because i i have a new bottle and cannot use it up so quickly.I've got it on my birtday(29 July).Will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BasiaS

Very ordinary fruity floral fragrance that bores me to tears.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boring, boring. Miss Dior Cherie is a thin, inspid fruity floral, with watery notes of green apple and perhaps a wisp of mango and grapefruit. Not horrible, but certainly not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Maroota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm also wondering about the bad reviews about this perfume. Its absolutely fabulous. I was a bit hesitant to purchase it in the beginning as i'm a person who gets bored of certain perfumes very quickly! Fortunately though i decided to splurdge on it and i'm sooo glad i did =) This perfume is kinda strong but very fruity and i detect a bit of apple and mango mixture in this fruity scent. Very feminine and stays on for a long time which is great as it is expensive. My clothes have stayed smelling great for days, maybe even more than a week after spraying it on only once. Definately a great buy and its one of my favourite summer scents. I will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by momtotwo

I'm surprised at the poor reviews on this fragrance, it's as if they were trying a completely different product! I tried Miss Dior Cherie today as I was browsing my local dept store, and at first I thought that the initial strawberry sweetness was going to be the end of it but then after about 10 min it dried to the most gorgeous, smooth and fruity base. The patchouli is there in small amounts which is what I think keeps this from being too sugary sweet. To top it all off I got three (!!) compliments on it as I continued my shopping. Now, if that doesn't make me get a full bottle, I must be losing my mind. BTW it smells NOTHING like Miss Dior, which I also like. If you are looking for a "lite" version of MD, this isn't it. It would be considered a fruity chypre, but a sweet little girl version of one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to saks with the intention of purchasing Carolina by Carolina Herrera. I browsed the department and on a whim sprayed Miss Dior Cherie. It was actually quite similar to Carolina in the top notes due to the strawberry notes. I liked it better and decided to buy this instead. A 3.4 oz bottle was $85, they did not have the smaller bottle in stock. I have to say, I really like this fragrance. It opens with a burst of sweet fruity notes which include predominatly strawberry.....slightly gourmand overall. This stays with me for the first 2-3 hours and then it dries down to a skin scent with a hint of sweetness. The dry down is completely different than the charachter of the top notes. It goes from girly flirty sweet fun, to close to you warm skin scent. The sillage is not too strong. Some have compared this to coco mademoiselle and I have to agree, but only in the top and middle notes and this scent is not as strong as coco mlle. As stated before, it also reminds me of Carolina. The bottle is simply gorgeous and would look beautiful in anyone's collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by StarStorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely think that this fragrance is gor-ge-ous! It is so so lovely. It smells so sweet and feminine. The only downside is that it is pretty pricey (for me being a student). I tried to find something similar to this for fun. I tried Baby Doll by YSL and Dolly Girly by Anna Siu, and I don't find them smelling similar to Miss Dior Cherie as some people claimed. It also has great staying power too. I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 8:23:00 AM More reviews by lily530

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly don't understand all of the terrible reviews? I'm quite confused. I find this perfume to be very lovely. Very soft, delicate & pretty. The epitomy of femininity. The bottle itself whispers "I love being a girl".

UPDATE: I'm back to say I love this MORE AND MORE everyday!!!! I'm really in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to read the bad reviews on this product. I sprayed some on myself at the store and couldn't help thinking "what smells so good?" I realized it was me. I wore the fragrance around for about 30 minutes and concluded that it is the perfect scent for summer. It is light and sweet, but, with the musk, it is a little bit mysterious or sensual.

What I find so ironic or odd is that any fragrance that is popular among reviewers is hated by me. Thus, it really is not a surprise that I would like a fragrance that others would not like.

If you want a light, sweet, smoky scent for summer--definitely give this a try. As for staying power, I sprayed it on myself at 2:00 p.m.. I have been at Bath and Body Works washing my hands and testing scrubs and so forth. This scent remains on my wrist at 8:00 p.m.. In addition, the scent rises from my wrists so I can smell it even though I didn't place any behind my ear or anywhere else.

I definitely recommend this fragrance to those who are hard to please. This scent will definitely surprise you. Now, on another note, this scent smells just like Herrara's 212 sexy. I took 212 sexy back to the store because it was too sweet. This scent starts out smelling like strawberries (absolutely delicious); it dries down to a hot cotton candy; it then morphs into a candy washed in musk. Like I said, an absolutely stunning fragrance for summer. I was debating wearing it in the winter and don't think it would be appropriate for winter because it does smell so sweet.

Update: Like all perfumes, I ended up selling it. The smell, though delicious while you could smell the strawberries, became sickening when the strawberries were no longer there. It started to smell too strong without the strawberries. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2005 8:03:00 AM More reviews by ropidet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first it smells very similar as Baby Doll (YSL) but in an hour it smells HORRIBLE!!

This fragance will be purchased for the merchandising and the ads, not for the fragance itself.

DON'T BUY IT BEFORE TRYING!!