October 25, 2014 | 1444 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Fashionista50

Scent was very strong at first but set in nice.
Very classic scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2004 8:52:00 AM More reviews by gusje

YUK!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2004 9:00:00 PM More reviews by fragrance_fanatic

A nice, interesting, unique and pretty fragrance. Very feminine and classic and a bit old-fashioned. Lightly floral, clean, soapy with a certain zest and vibrancy. I bought this a few years ago but unfortunately it didn't smell as good on me as it did from the bottle. But I recommend it if you can wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 8:30:00 PM More reviews by eziholi

I have the expensive bottle Direct from the factory in Paris and it smells like lysol on me. The cheaper spray from Macy's smells better. Oh well...I still love this scent, the bottle, the image--c'mon it's CHANEL!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Babara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use it too often. Sometimes the sandlewood smell in it reminds me of some old-fashioned soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmokitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My mom always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I remember not liking it at all when I was younger, but recently got a sample with an order of Chanel Gardenia from Gloss, and I totally loved it. It starts off a bit strong on me, but a half and hour later, it drys to a soft, powdery, sweet floral scent. I can't stop smelling myself. It's so captivating. I don't think it's just for grandmas either. I think No.5 smells classy and beautiful for all women.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by x0Chapped0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by casimmons23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love No. 5!!! My mom had a bottle of perfume when I was little, that my Dad brought her from Europe, so it calls up all kinds of memories. I just repurchased the EDT, and am ready to buy the real deal perfume now. I normally wear Opium and Addict types of fragrances, so this is a bit of an anomaly for me, but I love it just the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Akasha77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mum wears it too.. Far too strong and offensive for my nose..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with lanilove below. I swapped for this based on a few reviews and all the ads popping up recently. I can't understand how this fragrance has been around for so long. When I sprayed it I came close to dry heaving. I don't care for cats but I think I'd prefer the smell of a litter box over this. I even sprayed this on a clean tissue, I waited a while for it to dry, and still hated it. I can't see why anyone under 60 would purchase this. Sorry to all the chanel lovers out there!