Chanel No.5

3.5

Umm...I have a sample of it. Not good at describing hints, but it smells rich and sweet (two things I like), however, there was something there that didn't make me think it was perfect...can't put my finger on it. Could smell it without putting my nose to where I sprayed it...overall it smells good, but it's not for me. Didnt like it at first spray, but it grew on me. I wouldn't purchase it though...probably later.

on 1/6/2005 1:36:00 AM

My boyfriend got me the Chanel No.5 "sensual elixer" from the new "seduction collection", that Nichole Kidman is now campaigning for. I of course requested it (he is clueless about these things). It is a very interesting oil/gel formula that is long lasting and powerful (one dot does a lot). I so in love with the frangrance and although many people think that it is old ladyish, I think it is just lovely.....and I'm 22!For some reason it smells different from the No.5 that my mother has.....even she said that it smells the, same ...but "younger"....maybe b/c it is an oil???? Oh well bottome line is.....this is deffinately a fragrance that I will keep on hand at all time!!! Everyone go check out the new collection....it is to die for!

on 12/31/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Chanel No. 5 is one of the greatest classic scents, in my opinion, and I've always had a bottle around. It's expensive but worth it. I got started on it as a kid because I'm a huge Marilyn Monroe fan (she wore it) and I've worn it on and off for many, many years. I wonder how many young Nicole Kidman fans will latch onto it now that she's associated with it in the new advertising! Here's some interesting info about it if you're wondering what the scent is:
Chanel No. 5
Year Introduced: 1921
Scent Type: Floral - Aldehyde
Top Notes: Aldehydes, Grasse jasmine
Heart Notes: Rose, ylang-ylang, iris
Base Notes: Amber, patchouli

on 12/31/2004 9:26:00 AM

I simply adore this line.Why it took me years to like it, it's a mistery to me.The drydown is divine:creamy flowers.I have the EDp and my only complaint is the lasting power--one hour.I use it on top of the body lotion and bath oil intense.
To answer the reviewer below: yes, this is "deffently" for me and I am 35 years old.

on 12/30/2004 11:39:00 PM

Ugly Packaging, I dont care if its chanel and its sopposed to be classic. It smells like an old lady. If thats what your going for then this is deffently for you

on 12/29/2004 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is seriously the worst smelling perfume I have ever come across. I guess it's okay if you have great grandchildren.. but other than that, no.

on 12/26/2004 6:32:00 PM

The most "chic" perfume, the quintessence of true perfumes.
Young girls find it old ladyish, because they 're used to non offensive synthetic fragrance notes.
Chanel No 5 is a fragrance for sophisticated women, it 's not me really, but it s a great scent nonetheless.

on 12/25/2004 4:07:00 AM

Sadly, while I love Chanel No. 5 on my mother and my friend E--although it smells completely different on these two women--it just doesn't work with my body chemistry. On them, it smells subtle and sophisticated, but on me? Not so much. It's too overpowering.

Love the packaging. Love the classy reputation. Love that it's Chanel. Hate the smell! I wish I liked it, but I just think it smells awful. It smells like old clothes from a thrift store.

on 12/21/2004 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YUCK! I have no idea how this fragrance stayed on the market for so damn long! It is so strong and gross. I had to wash it off 3 minutes before I sampled it. Think old lady with a ton of lipstick and blue mascara wearing a fake fur coat and curlers in her hair. It is really bad! ugh- just thinking about it grosses me out. How could this smell good to anyone?!

Popular Fragrances