Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/21/2004 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YUCK! I have no idea how this fragrance stayed on the market for so damn long! It is so strong and gross. I had to wash it off 3 minutes before I sampled it. Think old lady with a ton of lipstick and blue mascara wearing a fake fur coat and curlers in her hair. It is really bad! ugh- just thinking about it grosses me out. How could this smell good to anyone?!

on 12/19/2004 2:31:00 PM

Is it just me or does this smell so much like a soap.

on 12/19/2004 5:33:00 AM

I'ved loved Chanel No 5 for a long time and associate it with my grandmother, some of my fave times in history, and with stylish, classic women in general. But why oh why did Baz have to make that ridiculous 'movie' with my fellow countrywoman Nicole Kidman? It now feels like all the identity I had attached to it has been stripped away and replaced with the boring spectacle of her stressed out face staring from every bus-stop bill-board in Sydney. The day the ad was released the tip of my cleaning glove caught my personal bottle of the stuff and it fell from its shelf and smashed onto the bathroom floor. At any other time I would have been devastated.

on 12/15/2004 2:41:00 PM

this is really my fav. fragrance. i know some don't care for it, but i feel it works with body chemistry individually and that's why. i have been told numerous times by men and women of all ages that it smells gorgeous on me or they will ask what i'm wearing. it is a classy scent, but i've always been referred to as classy so to me that's a compliment.

on 12/15/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has to be the most overated parfume on the planet. In its heyday, I'm sure this scent was considered wonderful & w/ its creator being the icon she was, its no wonder it rose to such fame. But truly, in this case I believe that's all this fragrance has is the hype behind it. When you say you wear No.5, its supposed to be impressive, when really you just...stink IMO. When I smelled this @ the counter, I almost puked, but going w/ all the hype I sprayed a little on my wrist & gave it some time. When I caught up w/ my husband later, his immediate response was "That's awful, you smell like my grandma, no, my great grandma...but worse."

on 12/14/2004 5:57:00 PM

While it must have seemed very nice in it's time (read: the 50s),this perfume is forever embedded on my mind as something my grandmother would wear. The new launch with Nicole Kidman are a laugh, but I won't go into commercial bashing because that's not what this site is about(the TV commercial is a joke: acting at its worst!!) It would be nice on an older woman, but if you're under 50, skip it.

on 12/11/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought a miniatura No 5 - pure perfume. The drydown was awesome. I fell in love with this fragrance. I decided to buy the normal bottle. At the store they did not have the pure perfume at the moment. I bought the EDP hoping that it will be close enough. Wrong. The smell of the EDP is different and it does not last. If you want to experience the full beauty of the fragrance buy the pure perfume. Do not settle for EDP or EDT.

I really try to liek this because it is so popular and is a status sympbol in our culture, but I can't.It smells horrible on me.It's too strong for people to wear.It gags me if I'm at a resturant and somebody is wearing it.
The body powder is ok.I smell this at the store every now and then because it reminds me of my godmother that recently passed away.But,I'd never buy this or wear it.It's too much.

on 12/8/2004 11:59:00 AM

I like it but my SO said it made me smell "like an old lady." Yikes!

on 12/8/2004 11:42:00 AM

Scent was very strong at first but set in nice.
Very classic scent.