October 22, 2014 | 1837 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made me switch over from body wash to bar. Produces a thick, rich, creamy and stiff lather when you use a pouf. The only "soap" I have ever used that does not leave a "film" on my skin when rinsed. Leaves my skin feeling very smooth and soft. Has a very nice light comforting scent that does fade. (Kinda smells baby "powdery-ish" but I don't like baby powder and I love this. 1 Bar lasts about 2 weeks with heavy use.
UPDATE- I have recently started using this (the unscented one) on my face which I would have never done before. I have read quite a few dermatologist recommenations for this. I am very very surprized with the results. I have very oily skin and its sometines blotchy looking and this has really helped. After 4 days my skin looks more even, feels soft but not greasy, and it removes all my makeup very well. This may be a winner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by caseyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EXTREMELY harsh/drying on my normal skin. Dunno where the 1/4 moisturizing ingredients went lol...Will not reuse even if it was free!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by caseyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EXTREMELY Harsh/drying on my normal skin. Will NEVER reuse this even if it was FREEE!! This soap is purely BAD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using this since I was 14 and started to wear make-up. I have since tried various other cleansers (Clean & Clear, TBS Tea Tree Oil etc.) but none can compare to the softness and cleanliness that this simple bar has left my skin feeling. Need proof that it works? In my pictures I am only wearing undereye concealer! I never have had the need to wear foundation all over. I love this stuff, and I know I don't need to try anything else anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2004 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chatisja

At first I love this soap because it makes me feel so soft n moisturized n I love the scent not too strong. Eventually after couple of weeks I begin to notice that my skin had build ups that makes my acne worst n dries out my skin. Because I had combo acne prone - sensitive skin, I have to say that this soap is quite good but not good enough for me, because so far I haven't got any allergy reaction from the soap but I didn't use it long enough though. Worth to try coz it's so cheap n you can use it as face soap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by chopStix000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was recommended this by my derm. At first, I thought ..a bar soap for your face?.. but really, this is ultra gentle. I have "can take anything" skin, so i might not be the best judge of how gentle things are. But I have used other cleansers and i felt that they were drying. But with dove white bar, there is really no tightness afterward...great for the body too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Stewie_5

This is the only soap I can use. I have eczema-super dry skin and this is the only soap that doesn't make me super itchy or dry. It's also good to get off face makeup before your face cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

Dove's White Beauty Bar is a staple for me. It's so gentle and provides such a soft and perfect lather. It's very moisturizing. and it smells divine! When I want my skin to feel oh-so-clean, I use my Dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by 1MegMeg

Update: I had to stop using this. After about a month of us it really dried out my face. At first the soap worked wonderfully, but after about a month or so it all went downhill. Granted my face is on the drier side of normal, but this gave me the "my skin is too sizes too small feeling" all the time, and I had major dry patches going on. Perhaps this soap is better suited for someone with oilier skin. I am still giving it a 4 though because it seems to work well for lots of other people and I can still use it on my body.
For years I washed my face with J&J Head-to-toe baby wash, and it had always worked wonderfully. However, as I am getting slightly older my skin is getting more on the normal-to-dry side of things rather than normal to oily. Hence my investigation of the Dove Beauty Bar. I am a big fan of very simple no frills face cleanser and this fits the bill.
Dove beauty bar gently cleanses my face, removes any makeup I may be wearing, doesn't clog my pores, moisturizes gently (no tight dry feeling), and in general is just a great soap. I will most definitely repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 9:28:00 AM More reviews by RagdoII

Best soap ever, constantly recommend by doctors. Great smell, makes your whole bathroom smell great. Very moisturizing! Love it!