Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 6/28/2004 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to admit, I have become a total Dove girl! After years of battling my finicky skin, I have found a cleanser that works beautifully for me. I have tried everything high end and low- but dove keeps my skin clear and balanced. I use it on both my body and my face. I prefer the sensitive skin version.
Edit: I do have a problem with Unilever still doing animal testing.

on 6/25/2004 12:15:00 AM

Another rave for Dove from me. I got the beauty bar free with my bottle of Dove conditioner and I was a little curious after having such great experiences with Dove. The soap itself is pretty simple, a moisturizing soap that gently cleans. It left me feeling clean and smelling great. However, with Summer here, I need a stronger soap to clean up with after a long day at work, like Irish Spring. So, once winter comes around, this is going in the shower with me.

on 6/24/2004 9:49:00 PM

Dove is great! It smells nice and REALLY softens my skin - even the rougher patches on my elbows have softened. My boyfriend was dumbfounded by the softness on our first date and exclaimed I had skin that would be tough for even a baby to compete with.

on 6/17/2004 11:05:00 PM

I have been using this for several months, usually once a day. It makes my skin feel a little dry but still very soft. It does make me break out a little on my nose though but then most products do. I also use it on my body with good results.

on 6/12/2004 6:57:00 PM

Dove bar soap has been a staple in my shower for years. Lathers and cleans well. Rinses without a film and does not dry me out like other bar soaps. A classic.

on 6/10/2004 6:36:00 PM

My doctor recommended this soap when I was getting irritated "down there". I was afraid it would be more drying than my body washes. Instead, it is more moisturizing than a body wash! It has a nice clean scent and my skin is soft.

on 6/3/2004 12:31:00 PM

Dove is my staple facial cleanser. I've used it for years. Nothing else does such a good job getting all my makeup off, and leave my skin soft. When I was in my 20's I didn't even use moisterizer because this soap left my face so soft. But now that I'm 31 and noticing those fine lines, I do use a light moisturizer along with the soap. It's perfect.
I also use this soap for my baby boy. I was at a childcare class when i was pregnant and the teacher had mentioned Dove was good for babies. Since I already loved it for myself, I decided to use it for him, too. He's so sweet and soft after his bath!

on 6/3/2004 12:06:00 PM

I like Dove. However,you cannot leave the soap bar in the shower, even in a nice soap case, because it goes away!!! If it did not disintegrate so easily, I would be much happier.

This is the best soap out there for sensitive skin. I don't generally use it on my face (I use olay cleansing cloths lately) but it moisturizes and cleans all over wonderfully. A classic that I have been using for years!

on 5/27/2004 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using gel soaps for a few years, but I got tired of buying all those puffs (which are reportedly germ-ridden anyway) and decided to go back to the simple washcloth. I've been missing out! This soap is simple, great-smelling, and cleans nicely. It feels great on my normal, non-sensitive skin. Will definitely repurchase.