April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this. I wanted to like it so badly that I bought it twice. I first bought it when it first came out, and I was disappointed with it and threw it away. After reading some more rave reviews, and not remembering why I threw it out in the first place, I bought it again. And now I remember why I hated it so much.

This is not for dry-skinned ladies. I always moisturize prior to applying foundation (and even add jojoba oil for extra moisture). This foundation applied okay at first, but the horror was when it began to set. My skin was patchy and all caked up. Some areas, like on my cheeks, the foundation clung onto; other areas, like my nose, were still red, even though I put foundation on it. I spent five minutes buffing away the cakeness off my face, until finally I just buffed off the entire foundation.

If you want a cake on your face, then by all means buy this. Again, this might only work for oily girls. I gave it two stars because I liked the pump.

EDIT 3/4/13: After trying this stuff out for a third and fourth time, I have given up. I found out a way to apply it so it wasn't so cakey, but it wore off on my nose and chin after a couple hours, and worst of all it broke me out. No thank you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I never liked Cover Girl nor Revlon fdn. because they never have my colour NC30-35, it is either too pink, or ashy, and if I jump into a slightly deeper colour, it will be too brown. My motto is : for a yellow base, as it goes darker, an orange undertone has to be added to warm it up.
The first few ingredient in order are: water, anti-freeze, thickener, talc, silicone, followed by about 15-20 more ingredients. Note that talc comes before the silicone so this gives a matte finish, and the silicone gives the smooth spreadability. For my dry skin, I always serum, moisturizer maybe primer, just because CC say there is a build-in primer ...... since when do I believe a cosmetic manufacturer's claim, they would still snake oil if they have their way.
Medium beige was sold out so I picked Creamy Beige, I believe the number is different in Canada compared to US. One light coating is all I need and can get away with it, shadewise. If I want to build it up on the melasma area, it will look too pink/pasty.
I returned & got Soft Honey, this is definitely a warm tone with orange undertone but a bit too dark for my winter tone. I mixed an equal amount of Soft Honey and Creamy Beige, this became my shade. If I find its too matte, I just swipe a bit of highlighter with a large brush, problem solved.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I jumped on the band wagon. I got a perfect match with buff beige (925). Love the bottle and the pump and that's about it. If you want to see if you have any dry patches on your face, try this. I didn't realize how dry my cheeks were. Felt thick and sticky, buffed out with my foundation brush, Sat in every nook and wrinkle in my face making me look really old. Don't know if it would oxidize on me, had to wash it off before it had a chance. I guess it's another trip back to the store to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by electropop3545

This is my first Covergirl foundation and I must say I love the formula. It blends beautifully and leaves the skin matte and soft(and touchable~~) I must say the coverage is decent as I did not use concealer on my hyper pigmentation and used a little more foundation as concealer on my trouble spots. I do have acne prone(and VERY OILY) skin and this lasted my 9 hour school day (taking into consideration that I used my Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray but nevertheless I use it with all my other foundation routines). Lasting power is awesome.
The shade I got was 810 Classic Ivory for my NC25 light asian skin tone.
I would say it is very neutral but leaning towards the yellow tone.
Color match was great for me.
Highly recommend for Oily, Acne Prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

A lot of people seem to love this product. For me it's okay. I like the packaging with the pump and the matte finish.

My issue with this is that the product still slips around 5pm (I put on makeup at 8am). I put powder on top to set the foundation, but I can still see areas where the foundation clumps on my forehead.

If this stayed in place and was more full coverage I would love it. I like how the foundation looks at the beginning of the day but not the end.

I'll stick with my HG MUFE Mat Velvet +

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

UPDATE: It broke me out. I found out it contains Talc and silicones, which I tend to have a problem with. It's such a shame because as an oily-skinned girl, I really wanted to like this. I wore this yesterday (for the first time in weeks) and this morning I woke up with two cysts on the left side of my face. No coincidence.

Original Review:
Ive been a loyal user of Revlon Colorstay for quite a few years now, but after hearing all the hype about this product, I bit the bullet and bought it. The factor that sold me was that it has a matte finish. I have very oily skin, so I always prefer a matte finish over *dewy finishes*- as those will look oily on me in about 5 minutes.
I love that it has a pump (that locks!), that it's almost half the price of Revlon Colorstay ($12.99 vs $20 in Canada), and yes, it does have a matte finish. I bought this in nude beige and it seems to decently match my skin tone, especially after it sets (for reference, I wear medium beige in RC).
However, the coverage is not as good as RC. I'd say it's medium. I have to wear at least 2 layers of this over my trouble spots to hide imperfections. It is also more cakey and difficult to blend than RC. I use either a disposable sponge or my Sigma F80, but they both take equally as long to blend. If you don't blend enough it will look cakey, and thus it takes me longer to apply foundation as RC was more liquidy and easy to blend.

Overall, I do like this foundation as it has a more matte finish and stays on better than RC, which I really need when I wear glasses which tend to slip and slide on my face. I would repurchase solely because of that factor. But on days that I wear contacts or do not require a matte finish as much, I would prefer RC as it gives me a better, fresh complexion and glow.

I am also worried that it may contain silicone (which breaks me out really bad) as it has a built-in primer, but it doesn't seem to have caused any reaction so far. I have been using this foundation for only 3 days, so I will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

O hell yes, I would buy this again! Lol.. but all kidding aside, this is the stuff! I have tried and bought foundations from all lines, high and low end.. and in between.

Sure, MAC is great but who wants to pay $30 or more for foundation? I think we all need one or two high-end items, but for every day this product is great. It goes on smoothly and lasts throughout a long day.

I found a great color match in Nude Beige (otherwise, I can get away with Classic Ivory or Buff Beige but this one is just as good a match.) Two small pumps was all I needed to cover my face. What's good about CG is that there are so many shades to choose from, in both cool and warm tones.

Love that it is a pump bottle with a lock, and now, won't even consider anything without a pump.

Just for reference, other products I like are L'Oreal True Match Lumi in W3, Revlon Colorstay Whipped In Golden Beige, Covergirl Nature Luxe (I can wear different shades from 315 to 350 depending on the time of year and the yellow-based shades are all very similar.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently picked this up at Walmart, and have been using it for about a week. Prior, I had been using Clinique's Even Better for about 6 months. I will continue to use the Clinique, but I wanted to also have a drugstore backup. I have tried the Maybelline line, several from the Revlon line as well, but havent been sold. I also havent used a Cover Girl foundation since high school.

I saw a lot of positive comments about this particular foundation from some "beauty guru's" on youtube and decided to pick it up.

Packaging: I love the pump. I hate foundations that do not have some way of minimizing the amount you dump out. I dont have a steady hand, so i like having a pump or tube instead of just a hole where it can dump out if you are not careful. I also like that there is a cap AND the pump also locks. The bottle is very heavy duty. I knocked it off of my sink and it was totally fine. Reminds me of a nicer/high end bottle.

Price: Depending on where you shop, the price can vary significantly (also by region im sure). At my local CVS, it was $12. At Walmart and Target I found it for $9 and $10 respectively. I purchased mine at WM because they had my colour (Creamy Natural). CVS is a good place to pick up though if you have extrabucks, etc.

Scent: No scent that I could notice

Texture: A little thicker than I thought it would be, but comes out nicely through the pump. Very blendable.

Wear: I have worn it for a work day several time, getting ready at 7am and returning home and washing my face around 6-7pm. I barely have to touch up during the day, and I have very very oily skin. The only area I usually need to touch up in a bit on my forehead and nose. I do not notice too much fading during the day. I have noticed if I dont blend super super well around my mouth/nose, sometimes it will really show some of the small fine lines in that area. I use my fingers to apply to start, and then blend it out with a buffing/stipple brush. I do find that it covers with a nice medium coverage, and is buildable. I still have to use a bit of concealer under my eyes and some of the reddish spots on my nose and chin. I do set mine with UD's setting spray as well.

Overall: Again I have only been using for about a week, but I am really impressed with CG this time around. I am not a huge fan of most of their line, and I am not a huge drugstore fan in general. But I must say, the price is consistent with several of the other Maybelline and L'oreal foundations, but I really prefer the packaging and the wear over them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

Oh how I wished this would have worked for me. I love the glass pump bottle. I did find the color matched me very well. The problem was it broke me out. I had three painful zits after using this. I can't remember the last time I got a zit. Lucky you if this works for you. Especially since it's as cheap as chips!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, am I even using the same product? I can't believe all of these positive reviews! LOL My experience with this foundation was much different than most other reviewers. I chose shade 805, which actually looked like a decent shade indoors. However, as soon as I stepped outside and checked a mirror, I was horrified to see that it was a very unnatural pink shade. Strike 1. The second shade up looked too dark, so I resorted to just trying to use this anyway. Half a pump is all you need for your entire face. A full pump is WAY too much. The coverage, from afar, looks nice and even, but it looks terrible up close. The texture is dry and accentuates any dryness you have (and I have oily skin!) and makes your skin just look older. Strike 2. I wore this for 2 days and decided to return it. I usually give a foundation at least a week, but the deal-breaker for me (Strike 3) was the fact that it broke me out. When I removed it at night, I had patches of little red bumps and clusters of brand new whiteheads all over my skin. My skin is now SO irritated from this foundation that I don't think I'll even be able to wear makeup tomorrow. Oh well, too bad. I was very curious about this and at least now I know it isn't for me.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No