November 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only BB cream I have tried and I have to say I am really impressed. I kind of thought it would be a lot like a tinted moistorizer, which usually leaves my skin very oily, but it isn't. I have moderate acne and dry skin as well. After I wash my face in the am I put on the BB cream. I find that it takes the place of using a moistorizer. It leaves my skin feeling and looking fresh, smooth, and not at all oily. I do use my regular cover up (Neutrogena Skin Clearing coverup) to touch up the major inperfections and I'm done. It lasts all day and even at the end of the day my skin isn't super oily. Would definatly buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

FYI (2): Maybelline tests its products on live animals. For this reason, I have ceased purchasing their products. This review refers to product use prior to my awareness of their animal testing status.

I use the Light/Medium shade, a lovely warm tone yellow enough to correct redness in my complexion. Convenient packaging, very portable. I love the product's color, the texture, and the natural (satin matte) finish on my skin. It pretty much disappears into my skin and gives me a warm, healthy look. I don't look unnaturally flawless but my redness is faded and less obvious, skin tone evened out nicely. No-fuss application, just smooth on with fingers and it looks great. Oily complexions might need powder.

If this product had reliable SPF protection, I'd never stop buying it. However, Dream Fresh labels itself SPF 30 and it has about 1% Titanium Dioxide as its active. The only way I feel safe wearing this outside is using a separate, reliable sunscreen underneath or on top or mixed with it. Doing this would negate the convenience and affect the color and finish of the product.

It's a shame.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by regang

I love this BB cream! I wish I could wear it all the time, but on days when my face is feeling extra oily I have to wear a more heavy foundation. If you have combination to oily skin you might want to find something else or set this with powder. This product comes in a squeeze tube that is not the best but for how good the formula is I can deal with it. The formula is light but blends imperfections and covers well, you can trust it to stay on all day. I love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far so good, and yes it's sheer but it'll cover most of my imperfections with 2-3 coats which still feels lightweight. I set it with powder like I do any other BB cream, even the Korean ones. At least in this case the med/deep color is my EXACT skin tone so that's one benefit it has compared to the Korean ones that I have to follow up with foundation & powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jennybabex

pros!!

gave good coverage, skin looked brighter and really healthy

cons!

really loved this but kept getting breakouts after using it! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by donna75146

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was really great on, looked awesome,but the next day I had 2 large pimples. I know it was from this. So if it doesn't make you break out it is great. But I can't use it because of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ShyYanne

This was the first BB cream I've ever tried and though I can't really vouch for the "benefits," overall it was pretty nice. It was really light and felt smooth on my skin, and helped even my tone. It wasn't too much coverage but it felt nice, and works well if you don't want to wear a bunch of foundation. All considered, I liked it:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how light and smooth this BB cream is and I appreciate it's ability to even out my skin. However, I couldn't find a good color match. I have fair/med. skin with yellow-neutral undertones. I have the fair/light shade and it somehow gives my skin a lighter cast, even though the coverage is very sheer. The next shade up doesn't suit me, so I guess I'm out of luck. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't experience any problem with greasiness, etc. The finish holds up all day. So my advice would be to give it a try. If you can find a match, you'll probably like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Mramdayal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My first impression trying this on, was that, it's very creamy, and the color was perfect for my dark brown Indian skin (got it in the darkest shade). Putting it on, it was very soft and smooth, blending very nicely. After it was set, it felt smooth on my skin and very light, couldn't even feel or tell I was wearing any form of facial makeup. I put it on around 3:30. By 5 something, I looked in the mirror.... And I was a grease ball! It made me so oily and greasy. This is nice for when you aren't going out, but just lounging around home, and running small errands. Not sure if I would repurchase though, let's see if it does what it says for "8 in 1"

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in light/medium and it was more than enough for about two generous layers on my face and one on my neck with a bit left over. The color is almost perfect on me (NC20) and because it was so sheer, it didn't matter that it wasn't an absolute perfect match (it is slightly pink).

It's very moisturizing and great for cold days that suck the life out of my skin. I love that I can just slap this on as a moisturizer because the color is so sheer that streaks won't show. I have to set this with powder or else it feels like it never dries. This also means it doesn't emphasize flakes or dry patches, which I have along my jaw.

Coverage is very, very sheer. If you have nearly perfect skin, this will give it some oomph. My skin is far from perfect so I used a bit of my regular foundation on blemishes and red areas.