September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I blame MUA for making me want these. They were so raved about I had to try them. My coloring: pale, I think about an NW20 with pigmented lips that color shows up on easily. Most of the "universally flattering" lip colors I've tried like Clinique black honey or NARS dolce vita end up looking too orange-ish brown and dark on me so I do better with sheer pinks for an MLBB look.
These lip butters vary in pigmentation from color to color so I found them pretty unpredictable in how they look on lips vs. in tube and kind of of hit or miss.
These have a great texture and they do moisturize a little but won't be enough for super dry lips. Very faint vanilla scent, nice shine and very soft consistency (yes, like butter.) I ended up buying an embarassing amount of them thanks to sales and BOGOs:

Strawberry Shortcake: This one just did not work on me. I was hoping it would be a sheerer neutral pink, kind of like MAC's petting pink tinted lip balm, but it's not. It is a milky, cool/bluish, Barbie pink, and more opaque than I'd wanted. Like other reviewers mentioned it kind of sits on your lips and emphasizes any lines or dryness.

Sugarplum: One of my favorites, a sheer plum with not too much brown, much sheerer on than it looks in the tube.

Peach Parfait: A sheer peach with some subtle glitter. Looks like a less pigmented, less chunky- glittered version of NARS Orgsm gloss on me. I didn't like the Orgsm but I like this one.

Berry Smoothie: My other favorite, a sheer berry, cool toned, pinker than sugarplum but just as wearable.

Sugar Frosting: A sheer, frosty, pale pink. It a little too pale for my lips, and I wish it were a bit shinier. It needs to be worn with more dramatic eyes or it will wash me out.

Creme Brulee: A shimmery beige that is a bit more opaque than sugar frosting. Did nothing for me. Washed me out and made my lips disappear. I returned it.

Sweet Tart: I was hoping for a sheer bright pink and I think that's how most people would describe this color but it was a bit too opaque and fuschia for me. I returned it.

Candy Apple: A pretty, sheer orangeish red. I was worried it might pull too orange on me but it's an easy to wear red for those (like me) who are a little scared of bright makeup.

Pink Truffle: A very pretty pink/brown, semi sheer and a true MLBB color. I really like this for work, it's subtle and polished looking and easy to reapply without a mirror.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

These were pretty difficult to find, but I finally ran into them at target and walgreens..both displays were looking pretty empty. I got strawberry shortcake..which is a pretty 'Barbie' pink... It would probably look better on lighter skin. I'm an NC25-30, and a sheer coat looks good, anything more it starts to look a little tacky, especially since my lips are pigmented to begin with. I love the texture of these though! And the shine is just right..very flattering. I then managed to pick up the candy apple shade a few hours later. It's much more pigmented.. Very pretty, great looking sheen. The consistency of these is just so nice! Not sure about wear yet.. Having to reapply isn't something that really bothers me though.

The packaging is okay..it's cute, nothing outrageously special. I like the regular colorburst packaging more. The price is fair, although I would recommend finding a deal or some coupons, full price is pushing it. Overall, good product... for more pigment, go for darker colors. Also, as compared to maybellines baby lips...these knock them out of the park!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I have nine of these so far, and plan to get more. I like the texture of the product -- very moisturizing -- and the sheerness of many of the colors (some are more opaque). I also like the variety, and compiled a list of the colors:

Pink Truffle
Sweet Tart
Creme Brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tinygumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have four of these so far!

The lippie itself in general has already been described quite well, so I'll just talk about the specific shades I own:

Red Velvet: Gorgeous, easily wearable red. Pulls cranberry/brick red on me. Whenever I wear red lips out, I feel like everyone's staring *paranoid* Not with this one though! Perfect red.

Pink Truffle: Very MLBB on me! Doesn't pull too brown like other reviewers have claimed. Slightly deeper than my natural lips with a wonderful sheen to it.

Gumdrop: I just HAD to get this one. It's too cute! Lavender in color, but it's very wearable. With one or two swipes, it's a purple-ish sheen to the lips. Sort of how a sheer light pink looks--but purple. If you wanna amp up the lavender, a couple more swipes and a coat of Lilac Pastelle gloss.

Sweet tart: I absolutely love this punchy, bright, but not in your face pink. The one con I will say is that it make my not-yellow-teeth look less than white :|

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I hope Revlon continues to manufacture these lip butters, & amp the marketing of them! I bought two since yesterday: Creme Brulee and Brown Sugar (I'm in the mood for pearly/frosty brown tones...)---These are perfect, I esp. love Brown Sugar. What really lured me was the lip butter quality- My lips have been perpetually chapped/flaking/peeling since the beginning of Nov. I'm not one just to stop at chapstick. I need color, a little sparkle! No regular l/s has worked, and when I tried these, my lips were instantly releived, and the color payoff is nice! It's not long-lasting, who cares; right now I'm more concerned with having pretty color + soft, smooth lips! Thank you so much Revlon!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that this would be a replacement for my favorite now discontinued Neutrogena moistureshine lip sheer. Unfortunately it isn't. The color payoff is nice, but the formula is more waxy than creamy. It reminds me more of the Covergirl naturluxe gloss balms and leaves my lips feeling a little sticky. The tube of lipstick itself is extremely wide making it very clunky and difficult to apply with any precision. This would be fine for a lip balm, but for something with this much pigment its a real pain. Unless you whip out the lip liner and lip brush it just ends up looking sloppy. I wanted something less high maintenance from a sheer lipstick like this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love these Lip Butters so much! I can't believe I had been planning to browse Sephora for some new lip colors because you can find AMAZING ones right at the drugstore for half the price! The Revlon Lip Butters come in a huge range of colors and the four that I chose (Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Fig Jam, and Cherry Tart) are all buildable! Just use one swipe for a sheer dose of color or layer it on for a more opaque look. The finish is very glossy and slick at first, but this dies down a bit after some wear so that you are left with a soft stain. A wonderful plus is that these Lip Butters are also very moisturizing, so you won't need to worry about your lips drying out. I love these so much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was lucky to have a wonderful friend from the US who bought these lip butters and sent them to me in India to try! She picked out five shades for me: Sugar Plum, Red Velvet, Fig Jam, Lollipop, and Creme Brulee. I was afraid the lip butters would be too sheer and shiny because as you would know if you recall my previous reviews, I like very opaque, rich feeling, pigmented heavy lipstick and sheer filmy gloss-like lip products are not to my taste. But MUA raved about these so much I just had to try them. I am a bit surprised that I really do love the formula. Each shade is very pigmented and you do get excellent rich color payoff and a wonderful smooth rich feel. If you apply enough you can get the "heavy" feel that I prefer. I love the packaging, it is very classy looking and high quality. Now for the shades: Red Velvet is probably my favorite, it is a gorgeous deep dark red that doesn't look too orange on my skin (NC42, Indian with yellow undertones) or get into the plummy wine territory. Just beautiful. I also love Creme Brulee which I know some MUAers thought was too light of a shade but when applied nice and heavy looks gorgeous and seems to make one's lips look fuller and lusher and somehow even seems to make one look younger and more awake and just more radiant and beautiful. I wear Creme Brulee to work and anywhere I need to be in the early mornings. Sugar Plum is nice, very similar to many lipsticks I have but it's a nice neutral plum color, and Fig Jam is a pretty warm raisin brown. Lollipop is a very bold pink shade and I must say not one I would choose myself as I tend to avoid pinks on my strong yellow-tawny complexion. It can look a bit harsh if overdone so this is really one to be careful with. But it is a fun colorful shade, maybe for night time but a bit loud and bright for my personal taste. But all in all these lip butters are wonderful and definitely worth getting them sent to me :) I would definitely give them a try, especially Creme Brulee and Red Velvet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can you say LOVE!? These are awesome! After much deliberation, I broke down and gave into the hype. they were sold out at both Rite Aid and CVS, I finally tracked them down at my local Target. I chose two colors, Sugar Frosting and Peach Parfait. Sugar frosting is a VERY light, frosty pinkish nude. I LOVE it on my light neutral skin. I have some ridiculously un-pigmented lips, so much so that I feel like I always have to have something on to keep from looking dead. This is perfect for an everyday nude lip, it gives just enough color and shimmer. Peach Parfait is a peachy coral with golden shimmer. The color itself is very wearable, and I love the way it brightens my complexion. However, the amount of shimmer in the product is a little disappointing to me. The texture of this one is very gritty and not as smooth and buttery as Sugar Frosting. Both shades have a very glossy sheen to them. I'm really impressed with the packaging, they have a very high end feel to them.

Overall, I'm really happy with the two shades I bought, and I intend on picking up a few more. Sweet Tart and Pink Truffle are next on the list!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own a couple of these, and they are okay. I do not quite understand the hype around them, I guess they just do not have other products like this in the drugstore? I suppose it would be unfair of me to compare them to other lipsticks I own, my favorites being from MAC, Chanel, & Guerlain, but I honestly do reach for those before these. I think it is just that none of the colours particularly suit my tastes, I have six of them and they are all kind of "meh" on me. I do love the shine they give, but my lips are usually ultra dry and these definitely do not let me skip my lip balm. The lasting power is also mediocre, and I honestly think the glitter in some of them is unnecessary, it actually kind of makes the lipstick in the tube a bit grainy after a few uses... They are okay, and perhaps if I find them again I will try one of the other shades to see if they suit me better. Until then, I honestly probably will not use these very much.