August 20, 2014 | 1320 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I flirted with the idea of organic, natural skin care products temporarily - and while it makes sense and actually does perform on some level, I prefer having a little more "romance" to my products.

That said, the jojoba oil is one of my favorites and I will still dab some on my dry patches, lips and put a little in my hair. It is not part of my daily routine - though I like to use products that have it as an ingredient.

If you are looking for a more natural approach to skincare this is a nice "ice breaker". Easy to use, no strange odor - and when used properly, not too oily in texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Chulisima

I am in love with this! I started using jojoba oil on my body for the past 2 wks. As soon as I pat dry, I slather the oil over my entire body (except face) & under eyes, it slowly absorbs into my skin and after 5-15 mins, my skin is not greasy. The oil melts into my skin and leaves it sooo baby soft with zero greasiness. It is 100% natural and I am so happy I discovered it. I been desparate to find products that moisturize my dry eczema-prone sensitive skin without irritation and jojoba has done the job beautifully. I used to use baby oil but it was greasy and has chemicals (mineral oil & perfume) in it that irritate my skin. Jojoba is unscented and moisturizes without suffocating skin like mineral oil & petroleum (vaseline) does. My skin stays super soft and hydrated for a full 24 hours and more. I haven't had skin this soft since being a baby. My boyfriend noticed how soft my skin is and he loves it! I haven't tried it on my face yet but when I do, I'll update this review.
My only complaint is the bottle - the squirt cap makes so much oil come out so I partially open the cap so that only 2 drops come out. The bottle then becomes greasy when I handle it so I wish it had a pump or spray dispenser. It is pricey for the organic version so I buy the pure version which is a little cheaper. I used about 2 oz in 2 wks (for entire body, 2x daily).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by thedragonflies

I don't actually have the desert essence brand, I have aura cacia (or something like that) but it's basically the same. Anyway this product is wonderful! I use it in my Dove or Olay daily mositurizer during the winter, and I just put it in a cheap-o bottle of Suave Coconut shampoo and now that stuff makes my hair so soft. Basically if you have any product that you want to mosturize better without it becoming super oily and causing acne this is the stuff you want! Just add a little to begin because you can always add more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by qcarolynq

BEST STUFF EVER!

My face is actually LESS oily - wow...how can that be??? For the first time I don't dread my skin.

Jojoba oil is so simple, but it took me forever to find it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by univerzze

This product totally ruined my skin. I have always had fairly decent skin, but I wanted to have PERFECT skin. So, after reading all the reviews about this oil, I thought I'd try this product to help me get closer to that perfection. After slathering this stuff on my skin for a week, my pores started getting clogged up like crazy. Since I thought my skin was simply purging, I persisted with this treatment. However, after a month of use, my face is a total mess. I have a zillion closed comedones. I don't know what to do with my skin anymore. If you have any suggestions on how to get rid of those closed comedones, I would love to hear from you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time last summer as both a facial and body moisturizer. It wasn't the best fit as a facial moisturizer for me, but I adore it as a body moisturizer. It absorbs quickly, has no strange smell, and a bottle lasts a really long time.

I also tried it in my hair, but my hair is so fine that it didn't work well, even in the smallest amounts.

Overall, jojoba oil is a great and very versatile oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bobbibrowneyes

edit: 01/31/08. definitely not moisturizing enough in the wintertime. lately, i've just been using it as a eye makeup remover.

Wow. I'm seriously amazed. After the aspirin mask , I didn't expect an equal, if not greater discovery on makeupalley !!!
I was at Trader Joe's and on a whim, picked up a bottle. It was 6-7 dollars which seemed like a pretty good deal. The package is deplorable but the product is unbelievable. It moisturizes like nothing else. I put a few drops in my palm and pat the oil in sections around my face. It seems counterintuitive but jojoba oil not only moisturizes, it has made my face less oily. It's really cheap and moisturizes better than all of my previous favorites. I will definitely keep buying this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My HG oil! Closest to human sebum oil. No issues with breaking out. I have been fighting breakouts for decades. I have acne prone, combo, thick skin. I would never dream of putting oil on my face regularly. After reading the reviews, I bought this product at Whole Foods. I am very happy with the results.

I massage this oil into my face for a few minutes in the shower or a night steam routine now and wash off with Jasons baby shampoo. . I also put a couple drops in my night cream. After shaving and while skin is damp, massage the oil lightly on or mix it in to a body moisturizer.

Also it is the best night under eye treatment EVER. One drop pat onto each eye along with one drop pure hyaluronic acid. Dark circles and wrinkles banish over night. Magic!

Along with some good oral vitamins and omega-3s and my skin glows.It initially the oil massage brings the acne to the surface but in time (give it a week) it clears up. . . it seems to detox the skin. Jason extra mild shampoo is my facial cleanser using it with my pro-x brush.

Or 3 drops jojoba to run thru my dry hair and ends. The oil works on my hair to get rid of fly aways and frizz. I use it on my daughter's hair and skin(and she has normal to dry skin). I also found this to be the HG for my baby massage. Olive oil is more rich to put in hair as a treatment. Acne prone skin should not use coconut oil even though it is great for hair also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kristinapentti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is for jojoba oil in general (so cannot comment on Desert Essence's packaging, I've transferred mine into a small dropper). What can I say - jojoba oil has saved my skin (surface dry, very clog-prone, occasional breakouts). My skin can react really quickly to various things, e.g. flying and dry cabin air (which makes me break out in 45 min), but putting just one drop of jojoba (which i mix with a facial spray to spread more easily) under my moisturizer saves the day. I love how it feels on the skin, sinks in immediately (compared to grape seed oil, which just sits on my face) and gives a nice non-shiny glow. Great for harsh winters and mega-dry heating. Will never stop using. Oh, and jojoba oil has also greatly reduced the black heads on the sides of my nose! It's amazing, I've always had so much dry skin on my nose I've had to use a tweezer to peel it off (and no moisturizer, exfoliatior, BHA, AHA or glycolic acid ever worked), but jojoba took care of that - and the blackheads too - in two weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by curiousmom2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have slightly oily, sensitive skin, and just a few drops of this was enough to clog the pores on my cheeks, slightly..
I am quite puzzled by the wide range of reactions to this jojoba oil, with some individual reviewers even going so far as to promote it as a solution for acne -- on other websites,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No