April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I literally rushed out to buy this foundation. I am not impressed. I have very oily skin (sensitive with the occasional pimple as well.) I also always have a bottle of Studio Fix Fluid on hand--for reference--because it is sort of my 'go to' foundation. And, I thought since this was suppose to be longer wearing--that I needed it. My job does not normally allow for touch ups during the day so I was really hoping this might work! I was wrong--I have never been so embarrassed about my makeup at the end of the day than I was with this stuff. It seperated on my oily skin and caked up--BAD! I even tried it with and without a primer and different powders. Now, don't get me wrong---this stuff is great for just running errands on my days off. But, for work--I cannot count on it to last and keep my face matte (any more matte than what my Dior Forever Extreme or SFF does.) As for application--you do have to work fast because it dries rather quickly. And, I do love that it comes with a pump! I just wished it was 'long wearing.' My coloring in SFF is NC15 and I was also NC15 in this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MACbeauty24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG FOUNDATION!!! coverage is medium-full, does not break me out, color match is dead on! and it lasts all day! and it comes with a pump that you DO NOT have to purchase seperatly! there is not one thing that I do not like about this!!! I can never see myself switching!!! will definetley be purchasing over and over again!
*UPDATE!!!!!* I just started my second bottle of this and I still LOVE it!!! I normally have oily/acne prone skin and this has still not broken me out AT ALL and this foundation seems to be helping my skin!!! I definetely recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin!!!!!!!! it's AMAZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status. One of the best foundation purchases I have made. And I was very leery about trying MAC liquid again, because the studio fix liquid seemed to break me out. I've been wearing this for 2 weeks now with no irritation. Coverage is adequate, although I don't have a lot of blemishes or scars; my main concern is even coverage for discoloration. This seems buildable, but I wouldn't recommend applying more than 2 pumps.
I use this in NC50 along with the Pro Longwear concealer in NC45. Like many women of color, the outer area of my face ( forehead and chin) are a little darker than my nose/eye/cheek area. So I apply the concealer first under eye and a little on my upper cheeks using my MAC 188 stipple brush, and finish with 1-2 pumps of foundation applied with the MAC 187 stipple. PERFECT finish that does seem to last all day. IMO this is comparable to MUFE HD foundation but without the steep price tag. Pump is also a plus. Will definitely look forward to repurchasing.
Edited to add: For an extra oommph, I finish with a very light application of MAC mineralize in dark. Absolutly gorgeous. This foundation is definitely HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by babiineni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG foundation!!! i have tried every Mac foundation and this is not only my favorite mac foundation but my favorite overall. Stays on all day stays matte great coverage and looks natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jenyang10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to grab a sample first as ive been discouraged by MAC foundations in the past. Day 3 and so far im loving it. I took one point away from the overall rating because although it stays on all day...it definately feels like im wearing loads of make up even when ive only put on a pumps worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I give this a 4.5. I love this foundation. I have been using double wear and it is very comparable. It lasts all day but it wasnt drying like el dw. It didnt completely cover some acne scars but thats what concealer is for. Im beyond impressed. I love riding motorcycles where i have a full face helmet on. When i got off i asked my boyfriend what was messed up (usually my makeup is wack lol) and he said nothing it looks the same. Never liked MAC foundation until now.

UPDATE: Used for a week now, It is buildable so I am able to cover everything and lasts all day. My skin looks much better using this foundation too. Going to change it to 5 rating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am not new to mac, but new to their face products. i'm so glad i bought this product (in NC15) ~ it is by far the best foundation i've ever used. one to two pumps cover my entire face and neckline, blends evenly and effortlessly, and leaves my skin matte. provides me with really good coverage and evens out redness in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high expectations for this foundation after reading everyone's glowing reviews but yes, it is that good. I bought it in NC15, which is slightly less yellow than the same shade in Studio Fix Fluid. It feels less thick than Studio Fix Fluid and is a good transition foundation if you like light foundations in the summer and want something with better coverage for the fall/winter. It feels nice, goes on matte, stays on your face, no transfer. I have dry skin, so I was worried this would show my dryness more, but no it's perfectly fine. I apply it with the Sigma f80 stippling brush, only use one pump, you don't need to set it, lovely finish. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Hairnova

Overall rating is 5* because this is the best feeling foundation ever. It feels like I have nothing on my skin while providing buildable coverage. I love the way this foundation feels... hands down the most natural foundation ever. Its not oil based but silicone based according to MAC MUA. No oils so my t-zone stayed oil free and lasted all day. I really would like to dock it a star based on color matching. The color range available is quite limited and I am having to mix NC 45 and NC 50 to achieve my perfect match which sucks but oh well...I still love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must be the minority, but I really don't like this foundation. No matter how I apply it, it looks cakey and it's really hard to blend! Maybe I'm not applying it right (I just use a foundation brush) but it looks so heavy and awful!! I like studio fix so much more since it looks amazing on me but that breaks me out. this doesn't seem to break me out but I really don't like the look. It does last quite a while, but as the day goes one, it looks more and more heavy. I'm scared that this is ruining my skin! I'm going back to my HG Maybelline dream liquid mousse since that one gives perfect coverage, applies beautifully with your fingers and it's cheap! Though it doesn't last as long, I'd rather reapply a beautiful foundation than have a cakey one stay on all day. I gave this 3 lippies though because it didn't break me out, the color was good, it lasted and I'm hoping that it's my application that's the problem and not the foundation itself. If anyone has a really good way of applying this, please please please message me! thank you!

UPDATE: My rating stays at 3 lippies but I've found that this foundation doesn't look as awful as I thought it did. I applied it with a different foundation brush and put tiny bits on and blended super fast. It's so hard to blend and I have to drag at my face (which can't be good for my skin) to get it to blend! I wouldn't say it dries fast though because it's very sticky and tacky, making it impossible to apply concealer to the undereye area without pulling and tugging. Also, even after all that work, the results do not look as nice as SFF. The product is impossible to wash out of the brush since it seems to glue the bristles together even when I'm washing my brushes every day with the harshes soaps I can find, double washing it. The pump is ok, but honestly, I'd rather have the bottle of the SFF just because the pump makes it look ugly. I will definatly not repurchase and I'll go back to SFF.

***UPDATE AGAIN: I've finally tried it with a stippling brush and I simply hate this foundation! It makes me look old and like I caked on foundation no matter how I blend. It sinkes into pores and lines and just makes me look so bad and gives me no coverage! It's so hard to blend, but never dries. I just hate this foundation, and it looks so awful in natural and artificial lighting. I'd never ever repurchase, especially not for almost $40 CAD after taxes.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No