October 24, 2014 | 1675 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by gracious5

Mid 30's and my skin is going downhill kinda fast. I've got dry skin, large pores, acne scaring and increasing fine lines. I've tried other creams and severely broke out with cystic acne. I needed a basic simple moisturizer and after reading the reviews, thought I'd try it. Love it!!! Very moisturizing and very dewy. Applied my BE makeup and no flakes, which I usually get, and still the dewy glow. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by emalc

I'm thrilled I found this moisturizer. I was just prescribed differin, and need something to combat the dryness. It definitely helps my skin feel so much better - although I prefer it as a night-time only moisturizer. I used it today during the daytime, and I was reaaaaalllly shiny, even after I would blot. When I use it only at night I don't have any problems with oilyness during the daytime. I love this, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mcheuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product for my dry skin in the winter. It's thicker for the winter (I wouldn't use this in the summer), and restores moisture like a dream. I found that after a few weeks of use, I didn't even need to use it daily! The only negative is that I would prefer it to be a little greasier/smoother, like Ponds, b/c it would make a better makeup base. Great packaging b/c it's small enough and stands upright to not take up too much space in my bathroom, plus it's hygienic b/c it's a squeeze tube rather than a jar. I got this product b/c I am acne-prone and it was recommended on acne.org. I have not had any breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

*Note I purchased Green Packaging mid-2007 (still some left ) apparently the new version has some differences so my review is based solely on the moisturizing 'tub' w/the green label.* To be fair I bought this while going through extreme Accutane dry-face effects and slathering this on was the only way to moisturize my usually oily skin. That said this is cold-cream texture and best used under severe weather conditions or on your hands - and why not - your feet as well. Thick creamy consistency, that when applied will disappear on dark skin without leaving white streaks BUT looks so incredibly oily (though oil-free/non-comedogenic)!!!. Skip if you are oily, only recommended if you are going through a severe dry spell, free-basing retin-A etc,. It is very eye friendly - mine are supersensitive - takes off makeup well and is a good multipurpose moisturizer - generally at night unless as I've said you have a dry-skin medical issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by casia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! My skin is combo, acne-prone and aging. Nice, huh?! Well, this does wonders for dry, dry winters that make my skin sting and flake, but it doesn't clog my pores or irritate me. It's also great to counteract Ziana, Differin and harsh products and/or skin rx.

Before bed, I love to take a big glob and smear it from forehead on down, over neck, chest and shoulders. I wake up feeling moist, not oily. If only I were more consistent with my skin care routine, I think I would look pretty darn good with this stuff on a very regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by jomes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't have particularly high expectations for this, but I ended up loving it. I use it at night, after applying a few drops of Skinceuticals B5 serum. It's especially great for winter when my skin (esp cheeks) feel parched. Even after 8 or more hours of sleep, my skin stays moisturized. I highly recommend this!! Previously, I had been using a ridiculously overpriced boutique brand cream with basically the same ingredients (except it was about 3 times the price) I use the large tube, but I can understand other reviewers' complaints about having to dig into a big tub--ick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Now that I'm north of 30, my skin has started drying out. For my nightly routine, I used to apply a retinol product by itself (usually ROC). Then if I needed it, a light, simple no-frills lotion over that to give some light moisture to my skin without breaking it out (just the regular Olay lotion). Alas, with winter and age, the lotion doesn't do it anymore. I saw this at Costco and figured what the heck, if it sucked I could use it on my body b/c it was so damn cheap. This comes in a big jar and is a very thick cream -- a little goes a long way. It provides very nice moisture -- leaves my skin feeling wet and with a nice film of oil (yes, this is actually a plus -- so stay away if you're even close to oily). AND, it hasn't broken me out! I've started using it on my infant too, b/c winter indoor heat has been a little harsh on his poor baby skin and I wanted something to put on his face that was fragrance-free. The only thing I don't like that much is the packaging -- I hate digging the last remnants out b/c I feel it's so unhygienic. But I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have dry, sensitive skin especially during the winter. My skin used to get so dry that it would get flaky. Because I am naturally tanned, you were able to literally see a white layer on my skin. It was so bad and every lotion I tried didn't help. It would moisturize my skin for only a few hours. It'd get dry and flaky within 2 hours or so. I discovered Cetaphil cream from my dad. Both my parents have very dry, sensitive skin and unfortunately I inherited it from them. I've been using Cetaphil for about 4-5 years now, and my skin is hardly every dry/flaky anymore. It's been a miracle for me. For the first time, my skin is nice and soft. I use this after I get out of the shower and sometimes at night. It comes in a tub w/a jar and costs about 10-12 bucks which should last you at least a few months. It is fragrance free which is great for people like me. My skin can sometimes get itchy rom skincare (lotion, shave gel) with fragrance. I absolutely love this....it is one of my HG items. I can't believe all the years I went with nasty, dry legs!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream saved my face. I use prescription cream and my face gets very red and irritated sometimes, so I always use Cetaphil. I've been using the one that comes in a tube, I think it's more hygienic than the tub, plus the ingredients are a little different, I think the tube version is less pore-clogging, at least IMO. So, if you have dry or irritaed skin, this will help in about a couple of days. I use only at night. It doesn't seem to work well as a day moisturizer, it's too thick and can't really be used as a make-up primer. I purchased and re-purchased and hughly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As some of my other reviews have mentioned, this is a new area for me. I am usually really oily, at my driest I've been considered to have "normal" skin... until this year. Weird dry patches and rough skin have plagued me since mid october. I have switched darn near every product I had been using... several times. I was very hesitant to try this product. I have never really had to use a moisturizer. I usually shop for matifying products, so the word CREAM kinda freaked me out. I have to say though this has cleared up my giant chin sized dry patch in 24 hours. Not completely gone, but I can wear makeup over it again! I have yet to discover the long term effects (and will update if they are negative) but so far this has made a huge difference in my skin's feel and appearance almost immediately. It is not greasy, but a little goes a long way. I was able to find it in a tube which is why I didn't rate the packaging as poorly. In terms of value the tub is way better, but I need portability for office touch-ups (which I have had to do very infrequently due to the fact that this has staying power). So I am blown away by the results, no fancy anti-aging promises, just delivers a thirst quenching drink it down dose of moisture. What was that saying your mom always told you, K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweety) This hits the mark!