December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i came across the review below regarding the scent and had to write a gentle warning as well. I had no idea it had been reformulated and the other night I started using a new bottle of the Cetaphil lotion (not cream) and noticed the smell right away. Each time I've applied it, I notice the smell and it's pretty offensive. i'm not sensitive to scents at all, but this smells like burning plastic or burning saran wrap. I just put some on my husbands hand and he said it smells like burned peanuts. Plus the smell lingers so i can't escape it. I love Cetaphil products but I dont want to put this stuff on my face anymore. I have no idea why they changed this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sadiemay

I love this! It soaks up fast and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on my skin. It leaves my skin feeling silky soft and well moisturized. It may be too heavy for summer time. I have been using this for years and it's still my favorite lotion that I always reach for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I am irrationally in love with this stuff! I'm the odd one out because I personally love sticking my hand in this huge tub of cream to scoop out the product--something about it feels so indulgent--I guess because I'm only used to using facial cream in a jar where you only dab a little bit out at a time. I would be bummed if they ever switched this to tube packaging exclusively. I'm not all that concerned about the sanitary/ hygenicness of it--I only stick my freshly washed clean hands in the tub.
Nothing feels better at the end of a long day than a hot shower and a liberal rub-down of this thick, but not sticky, cream. My skin feels so soft in the mornings when I wake up. The skin on my chest is normally pretty senstive to lotions and will break out easily, but Cetaphil moisturizers have never made me break out. I also like using this on my face, but not exclusively--I have to rotate it with other moisturizers. It doesn't make me break out, but it seems to make my facial skin look a little dull--I think it's the petrolatum in it. THe lotion doesn't dull my facial skin so I use that instead as a day moisturizer.
As others have noted, this makes a GREAT eyecream--no fragrances to irritate or make you tear up. Prior to this I was using Clinique's AAE rich and liked it, but I think I like Cetaphil cream better. AAE rich costs $55 per ounce. Cetaphil cream is 50 cents per ounce. Hmmmm. . . think I'll stick with the Cetaphil. When I get a new tub I just scoop some into a little glass jar I bought at Whole Foods and reserve it for eye use--that way I don't have to worry about those germs.
A tub lasts me about 3 months with nightly use all over my body. I've repurchased twice and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in the new packaging - came in a tube, which I much prefer to the tub any day. I like to have this on hand for all sorts of dry patches. Have been using it all week on my face, morning and night, because it is so insanely cold here. No breakouts to this point and it leaves a nice finish on my face for foundation. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Roseanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My doctor prescribed this for me because my skin on my arms is so dry it is bleeding under the surface and erupting (Ew!) and it helps with that, but the important thing is that it turns my face into velvet. I love this as a facial moisturizer and the scent is so very mild (I know it says it's fragrance free, but it lies it still smells like lotion). It also doesn't seem to flake or dry and crisp off of me like I've had other moisturizers and lotions do. Also it doesn't just sit on top of the skin, it really seeps in and doesn't leave a film. And despite all of its moisture it is not oiily on my skin at all, not even on my nose which gets oily easily. It's my holy grail of moisturizers *except* that it has no sunscreen in it! I don't know if they make one that does have some in it, but I have the tub so it will be a while before I get any more... if you buy any get the tube or the pump! The tub is kinda gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by KayMarie1009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Stuff! I used a really drying mask on my face, and normally its fine but because of the winter weather my skin was EXTRA dry, my daily moisturizer wasnt cutting it and my face was unable to bounce back.I tried Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream as creams are suppose to be thicker and more moisturizing than lotions and I was VERY pleased! Because it is a cream and its a little heavier I would say to use only at night. Its kind of pricey at $11 but you get a lot and its really great if you use any kind of mineral foundation. The only con (for me) is that it isnt the most sanitary as it comes in a jar and you have to dip your fingers in each time. But for the most part I LOVE IT. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ali723

this is a really good cream. it is perfect for when my normal/combo skin gets dry in the winter. it may not be moisturizing enough for people with very dry skin, but i really like it because it is creamy but not heavy or greasy. i use it morning and night in winter with no breakouts. my only regret is that i didn't get the smaller version in the tube. i don't like having to dip my fingers in the jar, but it's huge and should last a long time. great deal for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by teenystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an MD still in residency, and I spent a month training in a dermatologist's office. He recommended this to everyone that came through the doors! You could definitely tell which patients were using the cream. They had much smoother skin and fewer problem areas. I starting using it myself every day head-to-toe right after my shower. I'm happy with the results. My skin is velvety soft, my face is dewy and smooth. My only gripe is that it takes a while to absorb on my face, and my eyes can be puffy in the mornings if I use too much in that area. I have no idea why I'd use anything more expensive when this cream works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by candyrosepetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! I have developed dry skin in the winters and decided two weeks ago I needed something to fix it asap. So while I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a huge tub of this for like 5 bucks (it was the Equate brand, but I knows its exactly the same as the Cetaphil so that's why I'm rating it on here). I started slathering it on that night. I typically put one good sized glob on, wait a few minutes and apply another and then a thick one before bed. I love it so much and my foundation no longer flakes as it did before I began using this. Can't rave enough on this product! Definitely is something I'll always keep on hand (and use every day/night) and may even be one of my HG products! A+

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by burghal

I need an inexpensive, fragrance free non-comedogenic moisturizer. A big jar of this product was on sale for $6.99, so I grabbed it. I must say I was very disappointed. The packaging is a pain and not very hygenic, but the price was too tempting. This left my face feeling waxy and I woke up with blackheads, it just sits on my face and never feels like it's moisturizing or sinking in, and it's pretty light for a cream, didn't feel rich at all, just like a lotion with added thickeners. Not wanting to waste the product, I decided to use it after showering, but even that didn't work out as it really didn't moisturize my skin, just coated it, and actually made me kind of itchy. I'm going to use it as a foot cream and won't be repurchasing. Too bad, because I really wanted to like this product.