July 29, 2014 | 1493 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream saved my face. I use prescription cream and my face gets very red and irritated sometimes, so I always use Cetaphil. I've been using the one that comes in a tube, I think it's more hygienic than the tub, plus the ingredients are a little different, I think the tube version is less pore-clogging, at least IMO. So, if you have dry or irritaed skin, this will help in about a couple of days. I use only at night. It doesn't seem to work well as a day moisturizer, it's too thick and can't really be used as a make-up primer. I purchased and re-purchased and hughly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As some of my other reviews have mentioned, this is a new area for me. I am usually really oily, at my driest I've been considered to have "normal" skin... until this year. Weird dry patches and rough skin have plagued me since mid october. I have switched darn near every product I had been using... several times. I was very hesitant to try this product. I have never really had to use a moisturizer. I usually shop for matifying products, so the word CREAM kinda freaked me out. I have to say though this has cleared up my giant chin sized dry patch in 24 hours. Not completely gone, but I can wear makeup over it again! I have yet to discover the long term effects (and will update if they are negative) but so far this has made a huge difference in my skin's feel and appearance almost immediately. It is not greasy, but a little goes a long way. I was able to find it in a tube which is why I didn't rate the packaging as poorly. In terms of value the tub is way better, but I need portability for office touch-ups (which I have had to do very infrequently due to the fact that this has staying power). So I am blown away by the results, no fancy anti-aging promises, just delivers a thirst quenching drink it down dose of moisture. What was that saying your mom always told you, K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweety) This hits the mark!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by amesrh

I use this both on my face (at night) and as a body creme. It soothes my dry skin especially during the winter. I just love this line. It's perfect for anyone suffering from combination skin and or eczema like me. Plus you get a giant tub for only $14!! It lasts you forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Update> I loved this stuff at first. But after a few days of consistent use, my skin started to peel and flake like crazy whenever I put my BE foundation over this. It would look fine when I first applied it, but then about an hour or so later my skin would be peeling and flaking all freakin' over! It was crazy and super ugly. Funny thing is, when I use this at night, with no makeup over it or anything, my skin looks and feels good (however, I suspect it may block pores over the long term). So I will be using this up as a night cream and a hand cream, but not as a daytime moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by xoMichelle

I use this every day after I shower. I swear by it. It's wonderful, and I've used it for possibly four years now. I have naturally dry skin and bad skin allergies, and I have never been allergic to this lotion. It has kept my skin moist and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by nessa_97

GREAT product - my HG for moisturizer. i have combo skin that tends to be dry and breaks out occasionally - so far, so good for this product. Is extremely thick, so a little goes a long way. Even after a long day in my overly heated office, I don't need to re-apply. So far, it hasn't clogged my pores - will keep my fingers crossed. Now if they only made this just for the area under my eyes....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

For the price, the big tub of cream is a huge deal for any shopper.
I have combination skin most of the year. In the winter it gets very dry, flaky, and sometimes red or irritated. I end up looking at my skin constantly, and trying to think of something to fix it..So I picked this up, and on the first try it gave ultimate moisture without being too heavy or greasy. I use it at night so it can really sink in. The sweet almond oil in this gives the extra nourishment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love finding inexpensive drugstore staples! This fragrance-free, color-free cream is great for super-dry, sensitive skin. It's very thick and creamy and instantly moisturizes parched skin without feeling greasy. It's a great value: you get a HUGE tub for around $10-$12 (depending upon where you buy it). My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a large, bulky plastic jar. I really dislike products that you have to dip your fingers into -- it just doesn't seem very hygenic. However, I believe you can get this product in a tube, which I will definitely look for when it's time to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 4:15:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I really really wanted to like this item. actually this is the 3rd time I'm revising my review for this product. I used cetaphil cleanser for years, because I use clarisonic and cleanser consumption is enormous and cetaphil is so gentle and cheap. I love cetaphil.

but cleanser is the only thing worked for me. I used cetaphil cream and it is to oily for my face, it broke me out, I hadn't have cysts on my sideburns for half a year and I now had 3 big ones. whenever I used cetaphil, my cysts felt itchy and burning and growing, when i stopped. they calmed down too. so i now use cream as a body lotion.

I think it's the petro that I'm not able to cope with, petro is used to get gasoline, and i cannot use petroleum and anything with high contents of petro, I had problem with.
sad...it's so moisturing and so cheap.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like it heaps better than the Cetaphil lotion. Absorbs a lot faster and perfect for my sensitive skin