Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

I've had this for 5 months now. I just bought the deep pore brush and I've found that the results are NO different than with my sensitive brush. Overall, I think this is an excellent exfoliation tool. It's not as harsh as acids, it cleans thoroughly, and makes skin baby soft. However, that's where it ends. My nose is still plugged with sebum, my acne is still present (at best it has diminished slightly), and my skin is still blotchy. I also know that there is a danger in using this too often in the summer when the sun is strong - your exposing freshly exfoliated skin to the sun everyday, so make sure to where a high SPF. It's overpriced for what it does, but with all of that said I'm glad I bought it b/c I can take all the help I can get!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

All hail the Clarisonic Mia!!!!! I am so in love with this little device. I had never heard of it before until a Philosophy rep at Sephora told me about it. I told her I would research it because I never heard of it. Little did I know what a gem I would stumble upon. My skin is so much better as a result of this. softer, smoother, cleaner, more radiant....and ever firmer. I saw results immediately and my skin felt tighter after just a few days. I love my Mia and if (heaven forbid) it should ever break I will purchase another one for sure.

I love my Mia! I debated for a long time about whether I wanted to buy one or not. I previously owned the iSkin from Sally Beauty, which is similar to the Mia but doesn't use a sonic system. After being unsatisfied with the iSkin brush head (it was too harsh for my combination skin), I decided to buy the Mia. It is expensive, but I'm glad I bought it. It reduced the number of blackheads and clogged pores on my nose and smoothed the rough patches on my chin, cheeks, and around my nose. I use it every night.

I do not use it to remove my makeup--since I normally wear a long-lasting foundation like MAC Pro Longwear, I remove my foundation first with cold cream and makeup remover wipes. Then, I apply Cetaphil to my Mia to remove any residue left by the cold cream. This ensures that I don't stain my brush head with the foundation, and it also removes every trace of my makeup.

I use the "delicate" brush head and immediately wash it with Dr. Bronner's soap afterward. Once a week, I soak the brush head (bristles down) in alcohol. I replace my brush head every three months or so. I charge my Mia once a month.

This product has transformed my skin! It is so smooth now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am pretty disappointed with my clarisonic. It doesn't do anything miraculous for my skin. Breakouts are still pretty normal and pore size still looks the same even with consistent use of my new deep pore brush. I think if you have sensitive skin the clarisonic can actually be too harsh for your skin. I think it is good for exfoliation even though that isn't what it is marketed as and good for makeup removal but that is all.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product so much! I have it already for a week, a friend brought it from US and now I cannot imagine myself removing daily makeup without it! It leaves the skin so clean and soft, like a baby; it's also so easy to use, 1 min only and you have a fresh skin. I know this is not a cheap product, but it's a long-term investment for me and my skin :)

Let me paint a picture for you:
My skin, being oily AND flaky, used to feel like I had really dry, bumpy irritated skin wrapped in cellophane with Vaseline on it. (you are very welcome for that.) I was at my friendly neighborhood Sephora one day doing my usual "trial and error miracle acne treatment+exfoliator+pore shrinker+anti-ager+hydrater all in one" impulse shopping extravaganza, when I saw the cute little Mia. Granted, the floor model was filthy and slightly off-putting, but didn't matter. I knew that wasn't going to be MY Mia. After some lengthy Q&A's, I bought it of course, like I do with every product I set my sights on. And I felt the same way I do every time; discouraged.
When I brought home my darling little Mia, I plugged her in, and let her rest for a bit. That same night, I un-magnetized her (awesome magnetic charger!) and away we went. It was love at first wash! I felt like she broke my skin's "ugly" layer, and devoured it, never to be heard or seen from again. This device, is hands down, the secret weapon to a daily routine. I was not in the least bit disappointed, and my skin has never felt better. Not just felt physically, but it FELT clean. it wasn't stripped down to a dry patchy surface, it was a very gentle and penetrating clean. I felt like every pore was just being pulsed clean, and could definitely SEE my makeup just melting away. That's something my washcloth or any microfiber cloth has ever done. I didn't even know I WORE that much makeup.
:Time for the Breakdown, and why I'm keeping my Mia:
Now I do get cystic acne breakouts on my chin, jawline, and forehead. (awesome) I also have stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin. (awesome) I used my little Mia religiously for 3 months straight 2x's daily, and I had reduced my breakouts to maybe one during my special time o' the month. For some reason, I decided that my acne was "cured" and never coming back, so I stopped using her for about 2 1/2 months. WHOA. I can't even look at myself in the mirror right now because of the condition of my skin. It's back to where I started pre-Mia. I used it again this morning, and instantly wanted to kick myself (HARD) for not sticking with it! My lotion goes on and absorbs better, my skin looks more hydrated, my makeup goes on a nice fresh smooth pallet, and it just plain FEELS CLEANER!

For those of you who want to try this but are skeptical, I have one more reason why you should:
Do you shop around for the cleanser that leaves you feeling soft and supple but not stripped and shiny? Do you put on 8 pumps of moisturizer wondering "Why is it not absorbing?" or "Why do I still have dry skin AND oily skin after 8 pumps of moisturizer?"
There will be no need for a makeup remover. I use it with Neutrogena Naturals Pore Scrub at night and with the original acne wash during the day and it also helps the salicylic acid penetrate deeper, which I am sure is why my breakouts stopped with using it. The only recurring charge with the Mia will be replacing the heads every three months or so, which I still haven't done. (whoops.) I love my baby Mia, and now I love my skin :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my Mia! My mom bought it for me for Christmas and it is one of the best gifts I've ever received. I am in my early twenties and I've had blemishes on my forehead since I was a teenager and toners, scrubs or creams never helped. I've been using my Clarisonic since December and my skin is smooth and silky. It de-clogged the pores on my nose and the blemishes on my forehead vanished! I have the sensitive brush and I use it twice a day. I've skipped a day before and I felt the difference! My skin felt a little bumpy especially around my chin and forehead. I recommend keeping up daily use of this scrubber. One downside--I did notice a bit of dryness on my cheeks (which were never an issue for me as they're very smooth and clear) so I cut it down to once a day. Overall I'm totally satisfied with my Mia!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like many of the reviewers and visitors of the skincare board, I had a lot of reservations and questions about the Mia, like:

Q: I have very sensitive skin. Will it irritate it? Why not just use a cheaper scrub/washcloth? Will it "over exfoliate"?

A: My skin is sensitive and very dry on the cheeks. Most physical exfoliants were either too rough or did not remove the dry flaky skin on my cheeks. Chemical exfoliants, like AHA products, were very irritating. However, after one use, the Mia completely got rid of my flaky skin w/o any immediate rashes or irritation. I used the "sensitive" brush head that comes with the unit. It is not too harsh for me. Weeks later, I've never had any irritation. I feel that the exfoliation is gentle, yet thorough. I haven't had consistently smooth skin in years, so the Mia is worth the price for that alone. Oh, and I also passed the Mia over an active pimple and it DID NOT pop it. I've popped zits by accident just by patting my face dry with a towel, so I was surprised that the Mia did not pop my pimple.

Q: Will the Mia help my acne?

A: Personally, my acne is cystic and hormonal. I can only prevent them if I keep to a dairy-free diet. I know the Mia will not be able to prevent that kind of acne. However, when I do get a pimple, I feel that it heals a little faster bc my spot treatment can absorb better. Also, I find that my acne scars are healing faster (my scars are smooth pink/brown spots. If you have uneven skin surface from acne scars, you may need a procedure like laser peels). Again, that could be bc my other products are able to absorb better now that my skin is well exfoliated. My skin definitely stays hydrated longer (same moisturizer).

Q: What's the battery life?

A: I've had my Mia for about a month now and have only charged it the one time after I bought it! I use it once a day, at night, to remove makeup and SS. It's great if you go away for an extended trip and don't want to carry around the charger.

Q: What about the purging period?

A: I've had 2 or 3 small pimples that went away after a day or two. They are not the deep, cystic kind, so they didn't bother me.

Q: But it's so expensive. Is it worth the price? What if I don't like it?

A: I bought mine at Sephora bc it's a reputable vendor with a great return policy (full refund after a few weeks with a receipt). Try it, and if you don't like it return it.

Bottom line: This is the first product where I've seen both immediate and (semi-) long term results. Since using it, I've noticed that my skin is much more even in tone, as well as texture, and I don't have to use as much foundation now. Yes it's expensive. Yes it's a luxury item, but aren't all beauty products to some extent? My skin is sensitive to most products - peels, masks and serums are off all limits. For me, the Mia does the work of a lot those products w/o the irritation, so I feel the cost is justified.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the Mia for a few months now. I have to say that it is the best exfoliator I have ever used. I use the sensitive brush head and it is gentle enough to use every day, which means I don't have to use a harsher scrub (scrubs with the microscrubbing beads don't work for me, so I need to use something more abrasive like St. Ive's apricot scrub). This really does wonders in terms of improving the tone and texture of my skin. The outermost layer of my skin feels fresh and supple. However, for those acne-prone girls out there, this is not going to be the miracle tool for you. This hasn't helped clear up my acne, but I knew not to expect that. I did go through a 3 week purging stage when I first started using the Mia and I broke out quite a bit, but thank goodness that passed. I use this once a day and despite the fact that I still have a couple break outs here and there, I think the Mia is well worth it. I know it sells for around $150 at Sephora, but I actually got mine for $120 off of Amazon. I leave the Mia in my shower; I love that it's waterproof. And the magnetic charger is genius. The Mia does hold a charge for a long time and I only need to charge it every 2 weeks or so. I'll just plug it in right after my shower and bring it into the shower w/me the next day. It is expensive, but I do love my Mia!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools