Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wow. I read reviews about the Mia compared to the full size and decided to try the Mia. My skin is fairly clear with a rare pimple around my monthly cycle. The only thing I have a problem with is dry patches at random and uneven skin tone/dullness. The day I purchased my Mia I had oddly broken out on my left cheek with a red cyst that I left alone, and two or three other pimples underneath. What caused this I have no idea. After two uses of the Mia and the cleanser that came with it my face is literally spotless! Granted I did sit around with a freezing bottle of vodka on my cheek to bring the swelling and redness down, but I feel like the Mia was able to really get into my pores and clean all that junk out and let my moisturizer work it's magic after. My skin looks radiant and glowy already. I'm so glad I made this purchase. The only small thing I don't love is how it tickles the heck out of my nose area! But I guess that's just something you get used to lol.

I LOVE IT. It really makes a big different on my skin, however I do need to consider my skincare product and my vitamin as well, I have no blemish now, which is very amazing. It's truely is amazing. It's very expensive, but it's worth every penny. Every girl needs this.
I do use it day and night, however I think who uses strong acne treatment should only use it once a day

on 4/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone and eczema-prone skin. Trust me, it's a pretty unpleasant combination. I've been using the Clarisonic at night (morning and night is too much) followed with Vitamin E oil for about a month. My skin has really transformed. I have no more flakes, no bumps, no pimples, and my pores don't looked clogged anymore. I can finally use the richer moisturizers without breaking out. It really is quite amazing. I highly recommend.

on 3/31/2011 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love how this made my skin feel. However, after 3 wks my skin had tiny bumps all over the surface. I am not sure what caused this but i had really good skin until i started using this. I bought this for the reason that i wanted to exfoliate well, spa-style. The brush itself is cool, i love the handle and i love that it's h2oproof but unfortunately it's just not for me.

on 3/31/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted a Mia for some time now, and I have not had it one week, and I cannot tell you the difference it has made to my skin. My breakouts have cleared, my skin is much softer and refreshed looking. Anyone who is on the fence about this product, it is worth every penny!!!

on 3/29/2011 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lets just say I was one of the biggest skeptics of this product. I don't go along with all the hype I hear just because everyone is talking about it. Many products don't deserve the good reputation they have so I decided to purchase the Mia in Dec 2010 and give it a go and decide for myself. I have never owned one of their toothbrushes either. I had originally planned on purchasing this item and using it religiously for 2x a day for 3 weeks and see if I got good results. The packaging and reciept were huddled up in my closet and ready for a march back to Sephora if it didn't work out for me when the deadline was up. The lady at Sephora said, "we haven't had any returns or problems that I know of." I thought to myself "yeah I'll probably be the first." Well let me cut to the chase: I have had it now for 3 months and I absolutely LOVE MY MIA!! Every day for the first week, my skin was tight, my forehead was shiny and tight...almost like having a chemical peel or microdermabrasion. After the first week, I did think to myself "well this is very expensive product just to get clean skin, I may take this back." By the second week, my acne was completely gone and I think I went the longest I've ever gone without getting a pimple. I noticed how I could clean my face with a washcloth and then use the Mia afterwards, and I would still get makeup residue from foundation still coming off on the bristles. I began to think that maybe it was product still in my pores giving me the pimples the entire time. I get cystic acne and I have been using 65% lactic acid (makeupartistschoice.com) for about 2 yrs now which has completely helped my acne but I needed something that would help inbetween treatments. I was a bit afraid to see how my skin would act with the lactic and the Mia at the same time, so by the 3rd week, I was brave enough to try both but I didn't leave the acid on as long as I normally do. Not only does the Mia help with acne in between acid treatments but also with the dry flaky skin I get from time to time from using the acid. My face didn't purge much and I wasn't sure what to expect because I had already had a good skin care regime. I did get just a few TINY regular pimples just for the first week that went away quickly. My MIA is like a miracle to me, I truly have translucent, glowing skin for the first time since I was a kid. I do not take giving good reviews lightly, this product is a sizable investment and I'm not sure I would have sprung for it had I not had a 100 dollar gift card from Sephora but I sure am glad that I did!!

Lets be honest, not every product does everything it claims to and everyone's skin is different. For me the cons: 1) I can't say that its helped with any fine lines or sun spots/freckles. 2) Also, the charger, I mean come on....my cell phone can charge my drained battery a hundred times before my Mia gets one full charge. It takes over 12 hrs to charge and I have never even let it get completely drained yet. I'd rather have some standard charger that charges fast versus a cutesy charger that is unique like this one. 3) I have tiny blackheads on my nose and in my chin fold that no one could see but me and it has not fixed them at all but I think my pores are tighter in those areas so its hard for it to get to, so thats just my experience. 4) Your investment isn't over once you buy the MIA, you have to pay for a replacement head every few months.

Is it worth the cons? I believe...most definitely!! Make your own call though, these are my honest opinions. Email me if you want any other information and good luck!!

on 3/29/2011 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After going back and forth between the Clarisonic Mia and the Olay Pro-X, there is absolutely no comparison between the two: The Clarisonic is by far superior in achieving improvement in skin clarity and texture.

The Olay Pro-X is about on par with using a washcloth, IMHO. I actually was using washcloths before I became convinced I needed to try these products. lol.

Clarisonic performs some sort of skin-voodoo. Me like-y.

***Positive Mia-Affirming Update 1/2015:
For about six months last year I neglected to use my Mia because I ran out of replacement heads. Truth be told, I was getting sick of pain to replace them. I broke down and bought new ones and begin using the Mia again: The positive difference it made in my skin after week was nearly astounding. I think it's one of those things like Retin-A that you need to keep using it despite the inevitable and eventual plateau you will reach with skin clarity and improved skin texture. When you quit using it the effects slowly go away…you just have to keep it up.

on 3/28/2011 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Mia didn't work out for me at all. I don't think that it is a bad product it's just not for me. I have very sensitive, oily skin with occasional breakouts. My skin couldn't take the Mia twice a day or once a day. I tried it with 3 different cleaners and all of them dried my face out made my pores larger and irritated the heck out of my skin. I didn't want to try out the delicate brush head because I already paid a pretty penny for the Mia. All the Mia did for me was deep clean my face but I can use my facial sponge for that.

on 3/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works really well. I use the delicate brush.

Edit: I don't find myself using this as often as I thought I would. My skin hasn't improved greatly.

The first two weeks, I wasn't too impressed: okay, my skin felt very clean and the exfoliation was nice, but nothing THAT spectacular. Maybe I had exaggerated expectations due to the rave reviews. I thought my skin would be porcelain perfect, haha. But then, after I forgot the charger at my friends house and had to stop the treatment for a week, I suddenly saw a HUGE difference the way my skin looked without the Clarisonic. I could tell that my skin looked SO much drier and facial lines were MUCH more visible, I believe this was because the products didn't sink into the skin like they did with prior exfoliation and thus weren't as effective anymore.
I also noticed that my skin looked so dull and also a little flaky in comparison (I use a 10% AHA cream).
The bottom line is: once you have seen and felt the before and after effect, you don't want to go back to your regular exfoliation. Just keep in mind that the results don't come overnight, but they will come within a month. Even my husband loves to use this little gadget and I can tell that his wrinkles (he's 47) look less prominent because his skin absorbs the moisturizer so much better after he used the Clarisonic.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools