Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 3/23/2011 11:17:00 PM

I thought this product was super expensive but b/c of all the rave reviews, i figured it would be worth it and it was. I had this weird pimple that just wouldn't go away and normally my pimples go away pretty fast. This one was super stubborn. I used my mia with my b.kamins vegetable cleanser. After 2 days of using it, the pimple was gone! =) so happy

on 3/19/2011 10:29:00 AM

Clarisonic has changed my skin! I've been using it for about a year and the transformation has been amazing. It exfoliates without being harsh, has cleared up my clogged pores/blackheads and evened out my skintone. I never wash my face without it. I have bought one for both my sister and mom and highly recommend it to everyone. Love the mia because it fits perfectly in my shower-organizer caddy in my shower. The charge lasts for weeks. If/when the one I have dies on me, I will immediately buy a new one.

on 3/18/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited for about two months before reviewing. After the first week of use, I was ready to return..but waited. Instead of using it 2x a day, I swithed to 1x at night. I find this, so far, has been the only thing to take off all of my make-up/sunscreen ect. Yes, my face purged like crazy at first...for about 3 weeks. I knew it would end, & I didn't mind too much. I was glad all the crap was finally coming out. The biggest difference has been the texture of my skin. Extremly smooth. Break-outs have now settled down. Really glad I kept it, as I wasn't sure if my sensitive skin could take it. May switch to the delicate brush after this one wears out, but so far my skin has finally adapted to it.

on 3/18/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I havent noticed any dramatic changes in my skin but it does deep clean well. i used to use a face brush before this because my skin really does well with manual exfoilation over chemical and i find this goes much faster. my biggest suggestion is to start slow with this or your skin will be irritated and break out, try using it 2x a week and moving to every other day when your skin can handle it. if your skin feels "off" take a few days off instead of aggravating it further. some people will be abe to use it daily and some wont. i do love this before using my retin a and a day or two after to remove flakes retin a causes. it helps the RA penetrate deeper b/c the top layer of dead skin is removed.

on 3/18/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I just love my Clarisonic Mia! I have been using it for about 6 weeks now, and my skin has never been softer or smoother. My foundation goes on more smoothly, and I think my skin has a bit of a glow that it did not have before! This product is totally worth the investment.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm so glad I bought this. I break out less often and my skin looks less dull. I don't feel like the brush scratches my skin or is too harsh, but my skin isn't sensitive either.

The only complaint would be how expensive the system can be if you include how often you have to replace the brush heads (every 3 months; single head = $25). As cheap as I am though, I felt like this was def. a worthwhile investment.

on 3/17/2011 1:39:00 AM

Good product, it helped out tone out my skin tone and
the texture of my skin has dramatically evened out
I don't regret buying this at all and has made facial cleansing
a lot easier :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used my Clarisonic Mia every night since the end of December, and I absolutely love it. Although the price of the Mia is expensive, I do think it is worth it if you are willing to spend a little more for skincare and invest in the future health of your skin. The Clarisonic Mia is basically a facial cleansing brush that is supposed to cleanse your pores 6x more efficient than cleansing with your hands, thus supposedly helping minimize pore appearance size, cleaning pores, reducing fine lines, and creating a better skin texture.

Since i started using my Mia over three months ago, I noticed that my skin texture was instantly improved. My skin is so much smoother, and a lot of the redness was minimized. I didn't really noticed a dramatic disappearance of acne, but I do think using the Clarisonic Mia has helped prevent some breakouts. This product helps clean off my makeup, oil, and dirt that is or could be on my face like no other.

Some cons about this product is that it is pretty expensive, and replacement heads for the Mia are also ridiculously priced. They recommend that you replace the brush heads about every three months, but I've decided to make it every four months for me, since my Mia came with one brush head, and I purchased a double pack.
The Mia vibrates for one minute, and doesn't beep every ten/twently seconds like the Original Clarisonic, to indicate that it's time to move to a different section of the face. I think one minutes isn't enough, especially on days when I am wearing a little more makeup. So, I find myself pressing the on button again immediately when it shuts off, and then using that second round for an addition thirty seconds.

All in all, I do recommend the Clarisonic Mia to those that are looking for a product to deep clean and even out texture. I do think the Clarisonic is worth it in the long run, but for some it might not be necessary. Do keep in mind that the Clarisonic Mia is the travel sized version, so it cannot fit the full body brush head. You will also have to purchase new brush heads every 3-4 months, which cost $40. for a two-pack and $25. for a single brush head.

on 3/12/2011 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Clarisonic Mia (Vs. Pretika)

PROS
Operation is much much quieter than the Pretika.
Brush head is slightly softer (probably better for super sensitive skin).
Varying brush heads (sensitive, normal).
Handle is easier to hold and more comfortable.
Smaller brush head so easier to get places around the nose.

CONS
Did not help clear up my face at all which the Pretika did (this is very important since that is the purpose of this tool for me). I actually broke out worse after using the Clarisonic (using the same cleaners as I did with the Pretika).
No timer.
Cost. The initial cost of the Mia is substantially higher (Pretika is $50, and cheaper if you find it at Marshall's and the like). The long term cost is also very expensive with brushes running around $20 a piece where as you can get 4 Pretika brushes for the same price.

CONCLUSION
The Clarisonic is good if you have really sensitive skin because it doesn't really do much (but that also means it's a big waste of money, I think massaging with your finger tips gives you about the same result). The Pretika actually works for me and helps clear up my skin and the price is right. It's not as well put together as the Clarisonic, it's much louder, more plastic-y, not as comfortable to hold-- but ultimately it does a better job which is what's important!!!

on 3/11/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can I just add that I don't know what I did before I purchased my Mia! I use the brush for sensitive skin and my face has never looked better. Seriously worth the price! Easy to use, charge, clean. If you are even THINKING about buying one-do it. Believe the hype!!
You will not be disappointed and your skin will thank you. And thank you and thank you......

Popular Misc Beauty Tools