April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I think I have finally found my all time favourite foundation!! I have sensitive skin that breaks out if I use 'bad products 'on it. Most of my products are fragrance free so this fits. I love the silky texture and the way you can make it look very light or build it easily for a medium coverage. It looks so skin like. I got it in the color punjab. If you don't have sensitive skin, gives this a go as it looks amazing on! But if you want something which looks natural and glowy that won't break you out......try Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation.

Update: After 2 weeks this made me break out Horribly. It has taken about 3-4 months for me to get rid of the horrible cystic acne......luckily I treated it carefully so no scars :). So I'm back to the Laura Mercier mineral foundation. Even though I like the look of liquids more, they make me break out if I use them every day. And I would rather have clear skin and wear the mineral powder (I have now tried the Laura Mercier silk creme wearing it daily and it's amazing no break outs at all after using it for 3 months). I am still ging to try the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation though.........I'm a sucker, I've always wanted to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by sinderella9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sheer coverage, but GREAT color. I'd probably only buy this for the color... I love being very yellow and tan. Other than that, it's ok. Packaging could be better, and it's not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mistyrob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In conjunction with NARS SG I use: Too Faced prim and poreless, MAC Studio sculpt concelar, Benifit hello flawless powder and wow my skin has never looked so perfect! I have extreamly oily skin, with light acne and some scaring. These products together make my skin look the best it ever has! Although i do get oily, and bloting is a must! I only use these during the day. I blot with matte dream by maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really liked this foundation while i was still using it but i wouldn't repurchase. first off, there's no pump so I KNOW i wasted a lot of product every time i went to grab for it. second, it claims it's for dry skins to achieve that "glow" well i feel like my moisturizer (cetaphil at the time) did 95% of the work because when i didn't use that this foundation was just dry and flakey. price wise, i don't think it's worth the $42. I've tried tinted moisturizers better then this.. and i had really wanted to love this foundation =( It doesn't cover shit & horrible in photographs. nars you disappointed me..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by taracall10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this foundation at first, it glides on beautifully and made my skin look glowy and flawless. However, it melted off my t-zone in about 4 hours and settled into fine lines. It also accentuates any dry skin you may have on your face. I have normal to combo skin and this made my skin look super oily by the end of the day. I also never break out from powders or foundations and this caused me to break out so bad around my mouth, chin & nose. I am sorely disappointed because it seemed so promising at first.

For reference I wore Deauville and I am NC20 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I must say, currently I am loving NARS Sheer Glow. Since everyone was raving about how amazing this foundation is I decided to hop on the bandwagon and see what all the hype was about and I am SO glad that I did. Although I was very skeptical at first because someone with oily skin like myself does NOT typicaly want to buy any foundation with "glow" in the title.

First off I want to say that this foundation does not make my skin look oily. My skin type is oily/combination. I get very oily during the day but I also have some dry spots on my skin. Comparing this to all of the other foundations I've tried my skin looks the least oily by middle-end of day when I wear this one. Don't get me wrong this is not a miracle for oily skin - my skin still gets oily but it gets oily much later in the day.

I would say the coverage of this foundation is medium but buildable. I'm looking to cover some redness and imperfections. This foundation does a good job at covering some of these imperfections but I find I still need to use a concealer on top of problem areas (I don't mind). I find this gives much better coverage compared to NARS Sheer Matte. Sheer Glow also gives a very natural finish, but keep in mind if you keep adding thick layers, the finish will not look as natural. The foundation also does not seem to emphasize any flakes on my skin (and I have tested this foundation in winter-summer). My skin is not the greatest and a coworker had recently complemented me on how great my skin looked (which NEVER happens) but I was wearing this foundation with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage lightly over any area that the foundation didn't cover.

I apply this foundation with my fingers and it sinks right into my skin. I perfer using my fingers to using a brush with this particular formula. The best thing to do is the start light and work your way up to more coverage. If you build up little by little the effect is a much more natural finish! I like to set this foundation with a powder, and for my skin type this a must. Even with powder, I find the foundation still gives a little "glow" (but not an oily glow).

Staying power is good but not great. As it gets later in the day if I touch my face at all the foundation will slide right off. In my experience it has been difficult to find a foundation that is long lasting but also very natural.

Packaging is not great - there is no pump which isn't a huge deal to me but it would be nice if it had one. The cap gets quite dirty after time but the bottle looks very classy.

I love the colour range that NARS has. I have very pale skin and it's normally very difficult to find a good match - even the lightest shade in some lines is too dark for me. At Sephora I was colour matched with "Gobi".

This foundation also did NOT break out my sensitive skin.

I purchased the Sheer Matte foundation after purchasing this one thinking it would be just as good if not better than this. However I much prefer Sheer Glow, even with my oily skin (which shocks me, actually). Because the price is so expensive, I suggest perhaps trying a sample first.

Currently I am still loving this foundation, and I've been using and "testing" it out for several months now. I am still on the hunt for my true "Holy Grail" foundation, but for now this one is my favourite and I will most likely repurchase it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by toniak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is my go-to for a photo ready finish! The foundation gives great coverage, but feels light on the skin--you won't have that awful cakey feeling.

The foundation photographs incredibly. I highly recommend it for photo shoots or big nights out on the town. You'll see a big difference!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute LOVE.

Nars Sheer glow is my first foundation that I actually love. My very first foundation was MAC's Satinfinish which I initially loved (hence my positive review) but started hating later so I should really get around to changing that.

Anyway I basically read reviews for Sheer Glow for MONTHS before finally caving in. The biggest downfall of this product will have to be the price. I paid HK$400 for this (US$50) and it comes WITHOUT a pump so I had to go buy one which cost me another HK$50 (US$6.5). It actually worked out to be quite expensive compared to other brands but I definitely think it is worth it. So in terms of packaging - mediocre.

I'm around an NC40 and Barcelona is a good match for me. You have to make sure NC40 matches you perfectly though because if it's a bit too light then Barcelona might not work for you.

The texture of this foundation is amazing. It blends like a dream and tbh the name is kind of misleading because it is not really that sheer and not obviously glowy if you just test it on your hand or something. But the best thing abotu this foundation is the way it blends into your skin - giving you an AMAZING natural look but you still look flawless. Everytime I wear this, people comment on how smooth my skin looks. I have combination skin (oily t-zone) but this actually works pretty well for me. I don't even need to use a blot powder.

I personally don't need much coverage so my favourite way to apply this is to use a damp sponge. I take a wedge and spritz it with Fix+ a few times and use half/one pump for my face and neck. It gives an amazing sheer finish but still covers my imperfections. I've tried using a duo fiber brush and my fingers but this is my fav way. Stippling didn't really work at all so if you don't have a brush then go for your fingers :)

The key to using this foundation is to USE A SMALL AMOUNT FIRST and then blend it out. Trust me a little goes a LONG way. You can always build it up if you need to. The first time I used way too much and took a tester shot and looked hideously white. I had to learn the hard way lol but definitely use a small amount first. :) Also, give it around 20 mins or so to settle in and you will LOVE the results after :)

P.S. I uploaded a photo of myself (the side portrait lol)... it might help. I have lots of imperfections and acne scars and from the photo you may be able to tell that this foundation covered it all up nicely :) I am using only the foundation and Darkly my Dear blush by MAC in that photo. If you have combo/oily skin, I don't think you need a highlighter with this foundation because it naturally gives your skin a glow as it settles in.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first foundation that completely matched my skin (I bought the color Ceylan). I was totally amazed at how it totally disappeared into my skin and made my skin look healthy and even-toned. However, after wearing it for a full day, it made my skin break out HORRIBLY! I had large, deep pimples all over my face. Needless to say, I returned it the next day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The shades are perfect for yellow skin tones. A big bonus for me! I really like this foundation, I'm just too oily for it. I find myself blotting like crazy.