August 29, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Nc20 in mac. I got this in shade Siberia and it was way too yellow.
This foundation has great coverage, however I do not recommend this for people with dry skin because this will dry your skin up even more. The finish isnt as great as I had hoped. Probably because my skin is so dry that this caused it to look a bit flaky and unnatural. This went back to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what possessd me to buy this.
I am very picky with base products and usually stick to the few lines that deliver.

I was matched to two shades. Yes, two! One was way too orange and the other way too yellow. When first applied, one of the shades seemed perfect but when I checked in the back mirror of my car in day light (the ultimate colour match test for me), the foundation made itself home in all my fine lines and nestled into my pores and flakes.

I always apply primer and set with powder after foundation.
Thinking it was the method of application, I tried a paddle brush, buff with Sephora#55, fingers, wet sponge etc.

I don't mind working with products that take a little time to apply correctly like my KA SSE, but I will not work with products that don't work with me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this foundation makes my skin look natural and healthy. It has a satin finish with average cover, so if you're looking for a full coverage foundation then this isn't for you. But overall I've recieved alot of compliments on how good my skin looks while wearing this foundation and I do feel like this foundation has made my skin softer, which I love. I prefer this product over the Makeup Forever HD foundation and would buy this product again. Only downside to this is that there is no pump for the price you pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by djackrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the look of this foundation and the finish it left on my face. However, compared to my HG Dior Nude foundation, it didn't hold up - 1) I can feel it on my face, which is something that doesnt happen with Dior Nude 2) I HATE the container, I would much rather prefer a pump instead of tapping it on to the back of my hand.

The color is great, the finish is great, and the lasting power is great. I wouldnt repurchase though because it is $$$ and quite heavy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed in this product. I got it in Ceylan, which was the nearest colour the SA at Sephora could find for me (unfortunately, Sephora isn't allowed to carry all their colours but I don't think it would have made a difference). It is way too yellow for my pink toned complexion and all the other shades that Nars makes that are the right depth of colour are, by Nars's own descriptions, too yellow or too peach. I'm NW 20 in MAC and can't imagine what people with my colouring would do if they wanted Nars.

At this price point, the bottle SHOULD have a pump...PERIOD!!! The foundation itself did not apply well on me - in addition to making me look yellow and sickly, it settled into the dreaded "dots" around and on my nose, in spite of wearing a primer (I've tried Nars's own primer, designed to work with this foundation and I've tried it with MAC Matte and others). Sometimes it applies "okay" but other times, I get the dots and it doesn't seem to matter whether I use my fingers, a sponge or Sephora's wonderful #55 brush.

I am very glad that I got a sample of this before buying (the SA suggested it since she was honest enough to say they just didn't have a good colour match for my skin so to try a sample first and see if I could live with it....bless her heart for her honesty; the only way I can LIVE with THIS foundation is if I want to look like "the LIVING dead" complete with DOTS!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation but I couldn't find a nice color match which is one of my biggest problems with foundations. I am Asian and NC40-42 in MAC. Barcelona was too light and Syracuse was too dark. Syracuse was also slightly peachy on me and there's no way I am buying both to mix together. Not for that price. Don't get me wrong, this is very nice but it wasnt' "WOW" enough for me to buy two bottles to mix up. The finish is a bit matte rather than glowy if you ask me. So if your'e expecting glow, don't buy this. The coverage is medium and it's blendable. But let me warn you..if you have dry skin, make sure your skin is well moisturized and exfoliated. If you don't, this foundation can accentuate dry matches. With a primer, this lasts on me almost all day. Overall, it is a good foundation and worth trying. I don't always splurge on makeup but if there was a color match, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this. There is no pump so I docked points for packaging. Considering how much it is for a bottle, it should come with a pump!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lilyofavalon

This is my HG foundation! I evaluation foundations based on four qualities: coverage, finish, texture/wear time, and color. let me break it down for you :)

COVERAGE: I'd say that Sheer Glow is light to medium coverage, and medium coverage is achievable even when you only use a tiny bit of foundation.

FINISH: The foundation's name is misleading. The "Sheer" in "Sheer Glow" means "utter." Sheer Glow, in fact, has a satin finish. I think it would work beautifully for normal to oily skin, even if you're acne-prone. I have normal to slightly dry skin and on me, you can hardly tell that I'm wearing any foundation at all, unless you know to look for it.

TEXTURE/WEAR TIME: Sheer glow is silicone-enhanced, and you have more than enough time to blend it effectively into your skin (unlike Revlon Colorstay...cough cough). Application-wise, anything really works. I prefer stippling it onto my face using my SK Highlighter Brush, or just using my fingers and their warmth to blend the foundation in. I am very happy with the wear time - it's always lasted all day on me.

COLOR: I have a perfect match for my skin in Santa Fe (medium with peachy undertones). For reference, I am a neutral-to-warm-toned Asian, NC20-25 (NC20 in MAC Studio Sculpt, 40 in MUFE Mat Velvet +, between 120 and 125 for MUFE HD, 021 Linen in Dior DiorSkin Nude and Sand in BB Skin) It works beautifully for me, but turned orange on my friend who matches 120 for MUFE HD. Make sure to try before you buy!

This foundation is definitely expensive - $42 for 1oz - plus, I sucked it up and paid $6 for the pump from the NARS Cosmetics website. NARS recommends that you shake the foundation before using it, which is more difficult with a pump, but I still prefer the pump - I haven't had any issues with separation or clumping. Plus, I can always reuse the pump if I repurchase this foundation.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dis-butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has taken me some time to get used to, at first I hated it and found it too cakey, and it just dissapered after only 4, 5 hours. And don't even get me started on the no-pump issue! The good thing is that I found a perfect colour match in Gobi.(I'm NC20 in Mac, 10 in Chanel) I tried a regular foundation brush, the 187 and 188, fingers, sponge. Nothing was perfect. The 188 and fingers were ok, but not super-good. I then purchased a flat top brush (E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush) - and voila! Flawless skin! It looks sheer and glowy, and just perfect.

I pump once, and put the foundation on my face, with my fingers, in little dots, where I need it. Then I take the brush and work it in evenly. And yes, buying the pump is totally worth it! It's a pain to get hold of, but it makes the distribution so much easier, it is too easy to take to much otherwise. I will repurchase when my bottle ends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Recently got into this foundation kick and based on all the reviews here and on youtube i narrowed it down to the Nars Sheer glow vs MUFE HD foundation.Tried them both in sephora side by side and this one wins texture/finsh wise..applies easily, very light and buildable..covers the imperfections well..the biggest con for me is the lack of pump..gosh for the money they charge for this thing can they not put in a pump..so cheap on their part..Its really a pain in the bu$$ to put this on my hand first..i am so scared that i will drop and break the damn bottle..that is my biggest con for this product. other than its a very nice foundation. Taking one lippie of for the lack of pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MrsJAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have oily skin but do not like the look of most matte foundations. It's hard for me to find the balance between "dewey" & OILY! But, this foundation is that balance for me. I am a NC15-20 in MAC & I ended up being Deauville in this Sheer Glow. I originally thought I was Fiji, but after wearing it a few times I realized it was too yellow for my slightly golden (but fair) skin. After getting a sample of Deauville I returned my Fiji because Deauville is a much better color for me.
Edit: This has become too "dewey" for me now. I much prefer the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua!