October 31, 2014 | 929 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Moroccanoil for 4 weeks. My stylist has been using it on my hair the last two times I went in and I found I could not stop touching my hair. I really don't have many hair issues...thick, slightly coarse hair that is colored and highlighted. I simply hold the bottle on the palm of my hand and tip it over to dispense a nickel sized amount. I massage this into towel dried hair for about 30 seconds. At first it feels like some product in your hair but that soon disappears. I let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes before I blow dry and use a curling iron for touch up. With Moroccanoil your hair drys much faster (air drying or hair dryer) it is smooth as silk with no frizzies. It has great shine and manageability and body. I think this is the most useful product I have ever used. I cannot wait to try this in the humid summer months as that is when my hair gets really frizzy. It also seems that my color is lasting much longer than in the past. It is very expensive but you use very little and you can find it for a better price on the bay. They would be smart to put a reducer cap in the bottle for easier dispensing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product everyday for over a month, both alone and in conjunction with other products, and I've been really unhappy with it. So many of my favorite beauty bloggers raved on and on about this product, so I was convinced I'd love it, because they've rarely steered me wrong. But it's just not doing anything for me. I don't have bad hair, I flat iron and blow dry my hair everyday, but I don't have a lot of damage. My hair is a bit flyaway and frizzy, and my shiny hair could always stand to be shinier, so I thought this would be a great product. But the results? Morrocanoil doesn't help any more with my flyaways and frizzies than products I've tried from Garnier or Beyond the Zone. It doesn't make my hair feel healthier, and it doesn't look shinier. And despite it's claims, it is possible to overapply and doesn't just absorb instantly, I've had days of too much oiliness because of this product, even though I've tried to be careful (and my hair has never been naturally oily in its life). My hair hasn't been happier, it hasn't been less staticy, it hasn't been less frizzy, it hasn't felt more healthy. I give it a 2 simply because it performs as well as many other products I've tried that are FAR cheaper, if it didn't do anything at all, I would have given it a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by winter09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG this is THE BEST hair product I have come across in probably my entire life. My hairdresser turned me onto it. I have two girls and we all have long thick medium wave hair. The bottle between the 3 of us lasted about six months - this is based on daily use. You only need a minimal amount to work through your hair after washing. Basically you take your hand and cap the opening of the bottle, turn it upside down & then turn back upright - basically, you are only getting the residue that is left on the palm of your hand to work through your hair. It is very nourishing to my hair. I have a problem with split ends when the winter dry months arrive - summer too. This product moisturizes - shines - is not heavy - styling my hair is easier. Sometimes when I go to every other day washes I might apply a little bit on the ends but only if its been really dry out - AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.....I almost dont want the good secret out of the bag! Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! My friend recommended it to me she has very curly coarse hair. I was not sure I would like it since my hair is fine and straight. But it is amazing. I have never used anything that made my hair feel soooo soft and healthy. It even did a better job than nexxus emergencee.

I have stocked up on this and will try their other products as well.

UPDATE*** I have been using this for a couple of months now and the improvment in my hair is amazing. I am also adding it to my hair color when I color my hair and it really does help make the color take better. I color my hair red so that says alot. Using the oil regularly has also helped stop the notorious red fadage that usually happens. I will be buying this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG - instant HG!! This product makes my hair look better than I ever thought possible! I was a little worried about the high price, but this is so worth it! I have curly hair that I dry straight and this helps so much with drying time. It makes my hair so silky and shiny! If I had to choose only one hair product for the rest of my life, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product to put on wet hair to give hair extra shine and smoothness ..... I have naturally wavy/curly hair and this makes my hair look shinier as well as helps to curl to be frizz-free ..... tiniest amount is needed and definitely makes my hair look polished. Another huge plus for me is that this treatment makes my color-treated hair last longer ..... my highlights don't seem to fade as fast and since using Moroccan Oil, my color seems to last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by hiltonheadbabe26

i have really frizzy and unruly hair. I straighten my hair almost every day but i never blowdry it. It didnt seem to make my hair less frizzy but thats prob bc i put it in my wet hair instead of damp hair. Overall I think this is great because when i went to straighten my hair it left my hair shiny, smooth, and it smells great! It doesnt my my hair piecy and it really hydrates my damaged hair ( it's relly damaed from all the straightening!) I am definately going to buy this again even though the price is kinda on the expensive side bc its the best product ive ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is going to sound cheesy but..I never believed in love at first sight until I found this beauty. The winter months have left my hair dry, unmanageable, and faded. After help from the ladies on the hair board, I bought this at my local BS (Pure Beauty-West Coast). The outcome: My hair dried quicker, more manageable, bouncy, very shiny, and deeper in color from the hydration. The fragrance is a hypnotic musky/floral incense; that quickly dissipates post application. The bottle leaves something to be desired, but who can complain with such a fab product and great fragrance to boot. Don't worry if this makes your hair fall flat, that means you used too much. However, if you do end up using too much, it does not result in greasy hair, just flat. Next, I think I am going to get the Hydrating Cream. Loveliness in a bottle. TY
Update: After one wash, I can already say that this is one of the best treatments I have ever used. Usually, the day after a hair wash, my hair would lose most of its shine, softness, and manageability. I am happy to report, my hair is still gleaming on my 2nd no wash day. Yes, I am planning to wash my hair today :P.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mettabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh wow, this stuff is pretty incredible. My hair is naturally poofy and frizzy but this oil tames it right down. It left my hair soft and swingy and not greasy or weighted down. I said I wouldn't buy it again but I'm on the fence, I'm happy with the results but it's so insanely expensive I don't know if I can justify the price. I'm also not fond of the scent but that mostly fades as my hair dries.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me. My hair is already pretty shiny, but I was hoping it would help make my hair softer and smoother, taming some of my frizziness, like it claims to do. I've been using this product everyday since I bought it and there is no added shine, my hair isn't noticeably softer, and I've noticed no difference at all in the amount of frizz I have. How sad. And a waste of $40! The only reason I gave it a 2 is because it does speed up the blow drying process by a couple minutes, but so does Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum and a myriad of other serums.