December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using Moroccan Oil has become a beauty ritual for me. I bought this product five months ago from my hair salon and itís become a lovely part of the boring task of drying my hair. I carefully pour a teensy tiny amount of oil from the dark brown, glass bottle (I like its old-school, apothecary-style) into my palm until it spreads into a thin, dime-sized blob and massage it into the ends of my hair. It absorbs easily into my hair and I adore the smell, which I would say is Oriental. My hair is very low maintenance as I have short, straight, Chinese hair that is currently not coloured. I like my hair to look super healthy and shiny, with no flyaways. Iím not a hair product addict (I might treat myself to a Bumble & Bumble product at my salon once in a blue moon) and I have to admit I balked when I heard the price (CDN $40 incl. taxes!), but Iím happy with this purchase. This product didnít revolutionize my hair, but it did make it shinier, softer and delicious smelling. As only need a tiny amount is required for use, I can rationalize the price as this bottle will last me two years. Interesting fact: Moroccan Oil is made in Israel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I have the best hair stylist in the world, and he gave me a full size bottle of this for free. I was so pumped because I wanted it anyway, and was about to spend $42 on it.
I pictured myself with long, flowing, glossy Blake Lively-esque hair after this...and am still waiting for that result. The pros: It smells great, applies to hair easily, and adds shine.
The cons: It's super expensive, the twist off cap is a nightmare, and it did nothing for my frizz. I guess I expected too much...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by bbissett

I love this product! It worked so well for me that I bought the hydrating lotion and the mask. Out of the blue one day, my sister (she lives on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast) asked me if I ever heard of Moroccan Oil. She never talks about beauty products, period. When I visited at Christmas time, her long, super dark, extra thick and extra coarse hair looked amazing and she was hooked. She has never made a big deal out of a product but this one caught her attention and has earned her loyalty, especially since she lives in a high humidity area that wreaks havoc on even the most celebrated hair straighteners (short of thermal salon straightening). At least that has been our experience. I live in one of the rainiest parts of the country. It works equally as well on my blonde highlighted hair (which can be a challenge to get that great like glass reflective shine). My hair is not superthick like my sister's hair, but I have lots of hair which makes it look thick, so some products can actually make it look flat, but not the Moroccan Oil. I'm thinking of trying Living Proof No More Frizz under the Moroccan Oil to see what is the ultimate for hair health, but for now Moroccan Oil makes my hair and my sister's hair look soft, silky and shine-alicious in the most amazing way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by green75604

This stuff is the best EVER!!! My hairdresser which is my boyfriends sister, started working at a new place and she knows I have the hardest time keeping my frizz down and my hair gets really oilly at the end of the day at times, so when i saw what new stuff she was trying on my hair i wasn't sure it would work for me. Well the next day i when out and used my last $$$ to get it, I can't believe I have been seen with out this stuff, even after I washed my hair it was still soft. MoroccanOil is alcohol-free and has a it feel weightless with no build up. Softens thick unmanageable hair and restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair. Instantly absorbed into the hair, this product eliminates frizz, speeds up styling time by 40%, and provides long-term conditioning to all hair types. Moroccan Oil contains a unique formula that strengthens brittle hair while promoting healing to the hair. Also provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring and styling. Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp. Moroccanoil nourishes the scalp by alleviating itchy, dry scalps. Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors. Reduces drying time. To make it sort I LOVE THIS STUFF

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Moroccanoil for 4 weeks. My stylist has been using it on my hair the last two times I went in and I found I could not stop touching my hair. I really don't have many hair issues...thick, slightly coarse hair that is colored and highlighted. I simply hold the bottle on the palm of my hand and tip it over to dispense a nickel sized amount. I massage this into towel dried hair for about 30 seconds. At first it feels like some product in your hair but that soon disappears. I let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes before I blow dry and use a curling iron for touch up. With Moroccanoil your hair drys much faster (air drying or hair dryer) it is smooth as silk with no frizzies. It has great shine and manageability and body. I think this is the most useful product I have ever used. I cannot wait to try this in the humid summer months as that is when my hair gets really frizzy. It also seems that my color is lasting much longer than in the past. It is very expensive but you use very little and you can find it for a better price on the bay. They would be smart to put a reducer cap in the bottle for easier dispensing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product everyday for over a month, both alone and in conjunction with other products, and I've been really unhappy with it. So many of my favorite beauty bloggers raved on and on about this product, so I was convinced I'd love it, because they've rarely steered me wrong. But it's just not doing anything for me. I don't have bad hair, I flat iron and blow dry my hair everyday, but I don't have a lot of damage. My hair is a bit flyaway and frizzy, and my shiny hair could always stand to be shinier, so I thought this would be a great product. But the results? Morrocanoil doesn't help any more with my flyaways and frizzies than products I've tried from Garnier or Beyond the Zone. It doesn't make my hair feel healthier, and it doesn't look shinier. And despite it's claims, it is possible to overapply and doesn't just absorb instantly, I've had days of too much oiliness because of this product, even though I've tried to be careful (and my hair has never been naturally oily in its life). My hair hasn't been happier, it hasn't been less staticy, it hasn't been less frizzy, it hasn't felt more healthy. I give it a 2 simply because it performs as well as many other products I've tried that are FAR cheaper, if it didn't do anything at all, I would have given it a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by winter09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG this is THE BEST hair product I have come across in probably my entire life. My hairdresser turned me onto it. I have two girls and we all have long thick medium wave hair. The bottle between the 3 of us lasted about six months - this is based on daily use. You only need a minimal amount to work through your hair after washing. Basically you take your hand and cap the opening of the bottle, turn it upside down & then turn back upright - basically, you are only getting the residue that is left on the palm of your hand to work through your hair. It is very nourishing to my hair. I have a problem with split ends when the winter dry months arrive - summer too. This product moisturizes - shines - is not heavy - styling my hair is easier. Sometimes when I go to every other day washes I might apply a little bit on the ends but only if its been really dry out - AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.....I almost dont want the good secret out of the bag! Love it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! My friend recommended it to me she has very curly coarse hair. I was not sure I would like it since my hair is fine and straight. But it is amazing. I have never used anything that made my hair feel soooo soft and healthy. It even did a better job than nexxus emergencee.

I have stocked up on this and will try their other products as well.

UPDATE*** I have been using this for a couple of months now and the improvment in my hair is amazing. I am also adding it to my hair color when I color my hair and it really does help make the color take better. I color my hair red so that says alot. Using the oil regularly has also helped stop the notorious red fadage that usually happens. I will be buying this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG - instant HG!! This product makes my hair look better than I ever thought possible! I was a little worried about the high price, but this is so worth it! I have curly hair that I dry straight and this helps so much with drying time. It makes my hair so silky and shiny! If I had to choose only one hair product for the rest of my life, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product to put on wet hair to give hair extra shine and smoothness ..... I have naturally wavy/curly hair and this makes my hair look shinier as well as helps to curl to be frizz-free ..... tiniest amount is needed and definitely makes my hair look polished. Another huge plus for me is that this treatment makes my color-treated hair last longer ..... my highlights don't seem to fade as fast and since using Moroccan Oil, my color seems to last longer.