December 18, 2014 | 906 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Will continue to buy this again and again. The formula is such that it leaves a nice subtle colour and mattifies without turning your face dead pan matte so you still have a subtle glow. I am using cream for the winter and will go up to a medium shade in the summer for the extra colour.

Do not touch up too much on the nose or it will cake, better if you're a nose blower like me, to wipe all the make up off your nose then re-touch from scratch.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by supurrstarr13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the color and feel of the powder but it would not set my concealer. and I had the concealer on under a tinted moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. Its a complete waste of money! Doesn't offer any coverage at all and does absolutely nothing! Packaging sucks too, its a bit complicated to open it, the sponge goes on top of the mirror which eventually gets powdery so you can't see on the mirror well. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by GreenDayLOVE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of months ago. I have to say, I love it! If you want full coverage, this is not for you. But, if you want a setting powder which is soft to touch and blendable, this is for you. I dont need a full coverage setting powder since my foundation and concealer is full coverage. I bought the the colour #2, Rose Ivory. If you have lots of redness or rosacea, this colour will help to cover that up a bit.
Pros:
-soft to touch
-has good packaging; I like the mirror!
-has a nice applicator (so you dont need to spend your money on brushes etc..)
-good for oily skin
Cons:
-not so good for dry skin, it will sometimes emphasize your dry patches!
All in all, I suggest this as a setting powder. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

The greatest thing ever!

I have oily/combo skin and I have to tell you that this it what makes my skin look flawless. I use revlon colorstay liquid foundation for oily skin, a primer underneath that, but the magic doesn't happen until I apply this on.

Honestly, I bought the darkest color Honey and noticed that I got a "bad" one because I went and bought the medium beige one and the formula was smooth and worked like the one I had first tried. So if it doesn't work..try buying another one because I do believe in bad batches.

My friend kept telling me about how flawless my skin looks and I tell her it's because of the powder. It sets my foundation perfectly and keeps it matte most of the day. Never does it cake on me..I did notice with the one I say I got from a "bad batch" did sorta cake on me. It's cheap and a staple for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by diordoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Extremely chalky/ powdery although it is finely milled. No coverage so I guess this is mainly used for a setting powder. Made me horribly breakout within hours. Do not recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mollie009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this pressed powder! I use it every single day, either over foundation, or just with some concealer. I will continue to repurchase this. It gives almost zero coverage so shade matching, as long as you get semi close, isn't an issue. I have very dry skin around my nose and mouth and this never ever cakes on me. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyisfunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product after reading many reviews and watching some youtube videos on it. Everybody was raving about it, but honestly, I didn't like this product that much. Yes, it was silky and smooth to the touch but I found that it made my face very cakey looking. It also stuck to my pores even though I used a face primer. Yuck. The packaging isn't so bad tho, I had no problems with it. The Dream Matte pressed powder did take the oils away from my face but overall, it just didn't look right. I definitely returned this product and got my 7 bucks back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I can't leave home without this product. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and on my cheeks. I use this as a finishing touch to my liquid foundation, and I stay oil-free all day (I work long shifts as a waitress, so I'm sweating quite a bit). The color selections are awesome, and I found a color that matches my hard-to-match neutral/fair skin (Cream ; MAC N3). It has a pleasant scent and doesn't get all over the place. It didn't break me out or make my sensitive skin itch. I like to wear it alone as well, it gives a nice light coverage. The packaging is cute and I love the little slide-out mirror. The only downside? It retails at almost $8.00 which is a little steep for a Maybelline product. I would highly recommend this for frustrated oily-skinned girls.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this product was recommended to me on Y!A because i was searching for a powder that covered my oily nose and I love it. It gives a nice natural look and I seriously am impressed. Prior to this product I tried covergirls powder and literally made pimples appear on my nose, therefore, i stopped using it. What i like about this product is it says it doesnt clog pores which is a great thing! One of my friends who does her makeup perfectly also has this product so thats a good thing too! Hahaha. The only bad thing about this product is that i have to do touch ups a lot and it doesnt last very long but other than that its good!

***EDIT**UPDATE!!
This stupid product has caused me to break out in my nose (this is the only place i put it on)))!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!