July 28, 2014 | 1329 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mollie009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this pressed powder! I use it every single day, either over foundation, or just with some concealer. I will continue to repurchase this. It gives almost zero coverage so shade matching, as long as you get semi close, isn't an issue. I have very dry skin around my nose and mouth and this never ever cakes on me. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyisfunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product after reading many reviews and watching some youtube videos on it. Everybody was raving about it, but honestly, I didn't like this product that much. Yes, it was silky and smooth to the touch but I found that it made my face very cakey looking. It also stuck to my pores even though I used a face primer. Yuck. The packaging isn't so bad tho, I had no problems with it. The Dream Matte pressed powder did take the oils away from my face but overall, it just didn't look right. I definitely returned this product and got my 7 bucks back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I can't leave home without this product. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, and on my cheeks. I use this as a finishing touch to my liquid foundation, and I stay oil-free all day (I work long shifts as a waitress, so I'm sweating quite a bit). The color selections are awesome, and I found a color that matches my hard-to-match neutral/fair skin (Cream ; MAC N3). It has a pleasant scent and doesn't get all over the place. It didn't break me out or make my sensitive skin itch. I like to wear it alone as well, it gives a nice light coverage. The packaging is cute and I love the little slide-out mirror. The only downside? It retails at almost $8.00 which is a little steep for a Maybelline product. I would highly recommend this for frustrated oily-skinned girls.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by indiechick1111

Well this product was recommended to me on Y!A because i was searching for a powder that covered my oily nose and I love it. It gives a nice natural look and I seriously am impressed. Prior to this product I tried covergirls powder and literally made pimples appear on my nose, therefore, i stopped using it. What i like about this product is it says it doesnt clog pores which is a great thing! One of my friends who does her makeup perfectly also has this product so thats a good thing too! Hahaha. The only bad thing about this product is that i have to do touch ups a lot and it doesnt last very long but other than that its good!

***EDIT**UPDATE!!
This stupid product has caused me to break out in my nose (this is the only place i put it on)))!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was trying to find a pressed blot powder and started doing my homework on here. I read the reviews for MAC, and thought that I was going to buy that. I stumbled upon a review that said they liked the Dream Matte powder better so I checked out the reviews and sure enough, they were raving fans. I was skeptical because I don't always have the best luck with drugstore stuff. I love this stuff. I carry it in my purse with me even though I don't have to. It's awesome because I dust some of this stuff on after I apply my foundation and I don't have to re-apply unless I'm out dancing. I'm obbsessed and can't go to anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love this powder. It's finely milled and very sheer so I doubt that it would be good for a full coverage foundation, but it's great to set your makeup or to make a shiny face more matte. I don't use the enclosed applicator, but instead lightly touch a big puffy powder brush to the cake and just dab it lightly on my face to either set makeup or blot away shininess. That's all it takes. This never gives your face that cakey look that some heavier powders do. I think the case is kind of cute - not high end, but then neither is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works better at keeping me matte than MAC Blot powder. Unfortunately, since it is a drugstore brand, it took two tries before I got the correct colour for my skin tone. The packaging takes a while to get used to, but I prefer keeping the dirty puff away from the makeup, which MAC Blot doesn't allow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ehhh...this stuff is just blah. It's not horrible, but it's really sheer. Plus, I think it made me a little itchy. I used it off and on for months, and I kept going back to CoverGirl. The packaging is...different. I hate how the powder puff goes on top of the mirror and makes it all powdery and hard to see it. It's kind of silly and impractical. It didn't have very good coverage, but at the same time it was a bit cakey. It's pretty pricey for drugstore powder. Don't waste your time on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

im just gonna cut to the chase here:

-the palest shde oxidises on my fair skin leaving me looking orange
-it leaves a very powdery finish
-it emphasizes dry areas
-it largens my pores
-it doesnt last long at all
-crappy packaging (ive bought 2 of these and my sister has bought 3, with every single one the screen on the packaging has shattered/fallen out leaving a lovely messy powder surprise in our makeup bags)
-overpriced
-has NO oil control

haha bet you can guess if i'll be repurchasing or not! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had previously used Benefit's Get Even to camouflage my ugliness, and while I do recommend that product, it may cause you to go broke. Maybelline's powder does more than a decent job of covering up any facial flaws, mattifying while absorbing oil. It is less than half the price of Benefit's powder, and comes in a variety of shades to match many skin tones...

...or it used to.

My Maybelline-loving NC-40 skin used to wear the shade "Latte" (Dark 0-1) and it has now disappeared like your second-cousin-removed's deadbeat father. Why? Why did you make me love you and then leave me? And no, I am not going to hire a private investigator to go find a discontinued compact for me. Be warned: if you do find a shade to match your skintone, you may find yourself more than frustrated when you can no longer repurchase with ease when needed. You will simply be left standing there in aisle three, as the pressed powder that got away laughs in your unmattified oily face.

41 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No