September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A few weeks ago I finally bought both a 188 and a 187 and I must admit that I LOVE them. I've used the 187 for both liquid foundation (BB Skin) and powder blush/bronzer and it works equally well for both. I now prefer the 188 for blush. Worth the $$ IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by stephiem

I bought this brush strictly to apply foundation and it does an amazing job. Very pricey at $50.50 CAD but a great investment if you want beautiful flawless make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

I do not use this brush for foundation like many others do, Ive tried it and I just dont get how it works...Maybe a personal thing, however I love this brush for applying powder, especially bronzer as it applies evenly without applying too heavily like some other brushes are prone to do. I use the 190 for foundation, and keep this brush for powder, still would recommend the brush as its worth a try - very soft and if it works for your foundation, great - just a shame it didnt work for mine! Though Im happy with the best bronzer brush Ive owned in a while :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nany1223

Yay!!!! I finally bought this brush, and yes it's the best brush EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it to apply my foundation and it makes it look so light and even. My cousin was always saying how my makeup looked cakey sometimes so I invested in this wonderful brush and it completely solved the cakey problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Jewels4Jewels

Love this brush. Couldn't live without it for bronzer application. It's smooth and even in it's application I've been using mine for about 3 years and it has yet to shed a hair.

The one time I had a mac brush shed it was one I bought off of eBay and to find out it was a fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kaylaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this for my liquid foundation and I love it! Nothing has worked better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Aerislanne

I had two 187s, but sold one of them since i didn't use this brush enough to warrant keeping both of them. I love this brush, but it's not an HG for me. I originally bought it to stipple foundation, which it worked great for. But it's kind of a one trick pony - the head was too big and fluffy for me to do blush with. So I invested in an 188 for that -- but that didn't quite work out either. But that's another review.

If I still wore foundation, I would use the 187 a lot more - but until MAC makes a 187.5, I'll use a modified 187 for blush. I wrap a hair elastic around the base of the bristles to form a narrower, tighter head. With the hair elastic, the side of the brush head is PERFECT for blush, and it makes for a super soft but denser version of the 187 that makes it actually quite versatile. So for those of you who are in the same boat as me - finding the 187 too big and the 188 too small -- try the hair elastic trick :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

after hearing all the good reviews, i decide to get my very first 187,,since its pricey i got the SE kind(shorter handle) this brush is good for everything,,,foundation, blush highlighter,,it picks up the right amount of product,,,,but i mainly use this for foundation because it gives you that non streak airbrushed look,,and like i said..picks up the right amount since the bristles are spaced out...its wonderful and will definitely repurchase,,i do agree the price is ridiculous but its worth it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jieminhm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA's recommendation. This is a most helpful brush that everyone should have, maybe more than one. It's versatile, that I use for loose powder and blush. It applies sheer and all over when doing loose powder, and can be precise and light when applying intensely pigmented blush. Will definitely buy again, or buy a second one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a makeup staple. I use this brush to apply Nars Orgasm blush and bronzer. I love how you cannot overload the makeup with this. It provides a very controlled and sheer application. I did not try this for liquid foundation application but hey, there is no end to learning, is there :)