April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jieminhm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA's recommendation. This is a most helpful brush that everyone should have, maybe more than one. It's versatile, that I use for loose powder and blush. It applies sheer and all over when doing loose powder, and can be precise and light when applying intensely pigmented blush. Will definitely buy again, or buy a second one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a makeup staple. I use this brush to apply Nars Orgasm blush and bronzer. I love how you cannot overload the makeup with this. It provides a very controlled and sheer application. I did not try this for liquid foundation application but hey, there is no end to learning, is there :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I have seen all the comments raving about this brush so while I was in Macy's yesterday I decided to stop by MAC and check it out. I bought this brush and used it this morning. Results: My makeup looks absolutely wonderful and natural. I used Clinique Superfit in Honey, and lately I felt it was a little too dark for me so I was looking to get a new foundation. Luckily I didn't, because when I applied it with this brush, my foundation not only looks natural, but its not as dark since it is blended in so well. For the past year and a half I have used the Clinique foundation brush (which is antibacterial- Highly recommended for those who have acne/blemishes a lot and can be used for concealer as well).

I wasn't happy with my foundation, but instead of buying a new foundation I bought this brush- definitely worth the investment (which MAC brushes are- most last more than ten years if you take care of them- washing once a week, etc). I'm very impressed with this brush. I'm considering buying the smaller one- 188 for blush because I also used it to apply my blush this morning and it makes it so natural and blends it so much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to purchase this brush after viewing you tube tutorial after you tube tutorial where it was used to apply foundation.

I have used foundation brushes in the past but I have since abandoned them to use them for concealor as most of them did not leave my foundation looking flawless. I also have another stippling brush that I have tried using for foundation and it did the job okay but I have since used it to apply bronzers/cheekcolor/finishing powder.

Then MAC 187 came into the picture. I have washed it after every use and there has been absolutely no shedding. I just dab the foundation on the back of my hand, swirl the brush around in it and then buff it on to my skin. WOW.

I tried to just dab the foundation on my face and buff it out but I didn't get the wow factor.

I have managed to make light/medium coverage foundations cover flawlessly with this brush. I would re-purchase again if I had to, but lets just hope that I won't since it is rather expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by TammieK

I love my 187s! I have 2 that have never lost a single hair. I use one for highly pigmented blush and the other for liquid foundation. I also have a couple of the Coastal Scents black handled stippling brushes and they are okay but not as firm as MAC's. Plus they shed a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by billie999

I am in shock that 95% of people would actually buy this again. I read these reviews and went out and bought this brush. It is HORRIBLE. It sheds like CRAZY. It literally sheds with every swipe you make whether it be light or harder. I have 5 dollar brushes from Rite Aid that shed less than this brush. It leaves me covered in hairs to the point where I am constantly self conscious that there is hair on my face or something. MAC is supposed to be a TOP OF THE LINE brand...what is this?? I am just angry I wasted my money on this thing. If it sheds this much already...when I wash it it will probably lose 97% of the hair on the thing! I will not buy this brush ever again...or any other mac brush. Just because it's name brand, doesn't means it's good quality. Lesson learned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Is a dream for me for applying liquid foundations. The handle is a bit long for my taste but otherwise its a perfect 10....er 5 as it is. SE not so much.. But full size is wicked. Can also be used to apply a serious blush if you don't need much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

I like this brush. It is very soft, but it really only works well with very thin foundations. If you have a thicker foundation, it actually seems to make it go on thicker, not helping you use less product.
It definitely helps to use a primer if you're using this brush to apply liquid foundation.

I do like the way my powder goes on with this brush.

What i like to use it for most, is to apply liquid or foam sunless tanner, especially to my face and neck/chest areas. It allows me to apply a thicker coat, without caking, which gives me more color with less applications. It also helps me apply it evenly, so there's no blotching or streaking.

Really though, I'm not getting this fabulous, miraculous, flawless air-brushed look with my foundation like everyone's talking about, and I am using it for stippling, the way it's intended to be used.. It really looks about the same as when I would apply with my fingers.

Decent brush, but not worth the $45 I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by exquisite81

I heard so much raving about this brush that it was enough for me to go out and get one too. The price is staggering, but the product is great! I really like it. However, if your on a budget...try to find a dupe, but if you've got money to spend then by all means...think of it as an investment caz the quality is definately worth it.
By the way...I have the regular sized black-handle one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

I have been wanting to try this forever and my HG Chanel Foundation brush finally needed to be replaced so I splurged on the 187. Though I do spend an obscene amount of money on make up, I really hate to spend a lot on brushes but I do make the occassional exception and this time I'm so glad I did. It was a bit hard for me to adjust to using the stippling brush vs. the traditional flat foundation brush I had been using, but now that I've got the hang of it, I doubt I will go back! This makes foundation application flawless & even, creating that "airbrushed" look. I use this mainly for my liquid foundation but have also used it to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and bronzer. Works a dream and you don't have to be a make up pro to get a great application with this brush! I do have two gripes. I seem to use more product (esp. foundation) when using a stippling brush vs. a flat one. Also, as Tigrou mentioned, the bristles shed more frequently than I would like (or expect, for the price!) My other MAC brush (#150) hardly ever sheds, and I was disappointed that the 187 does. However, the finished look is well worth it and I will repurchase!