Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 4/9/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a cheaper alternative to Lancome Bificils at $8 (cheaper at Wal Mart). It's not a s good as the Pond's Bare & Repair (discontinued) but I was between makeup removers. It's not too oily but I don't find that it removes all traces of mascara or eyeliner.

on 4/9/2009 11:18:00 PM

UPDATE: I have to change my rating from 4 to 2 after developing this sensitivity to it. My eyes are now itchy and dry after using this. I didn't want to believe it at first because this is such an affordable and otherwise effective remover, but it is true. After reading another reviewer's experience with irritation and thinking through what has changed in my routine, I am convinced that it's this. It's not a burning sensation, but a palpable dry/itchiness and warm sensation... Like the other reviewer, my eyes developed this reaction after a few months of use.

Before trying this, I thought the Mary Kay makeup remover was the best one I have tried. While that one is still one of my favourites, I feel that this Neutrogena one performs just as good. In fact, they are very similar both in terms of texture as well as performance. Yes it is a bit oily (just like the Mary Kay one) but I usually follow up with a face wash, and everything comes off, with no oily film left on my eyelids or eyeballs. Considering that I can get this from my local drug store, for almost half the price that I have to pay for a May Kay one on ebay, this one is preferable.

Not really a five lippie item as I am still in search for "THE" makeup remover. I wear a gel liner and waterproof mascara most days, and so far no eye makeup remover has managed to remove it all with no residue. The Andrea EyeQ pads came pretty close, but I just couldn't stand the oily film it would leave on my eyeballs (not to think of what it did to the surrounding skin). While I'm searching for my personal HG, this is a pretty good one to tide me over.

on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM

This is my regular choice for eyemakeup remover. it is non drying to the eye area which is important for me. It takes off my waterproof mascara and eyemakeup easily.

on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a replacement to Lancome's Bifacil and this is IT !!! I love it ! Not oily and removes all my eye makeup in a flash. Will definitely be buying again!

on 4/9/2009 11:03:00 PM

It's really oily, even if it's supposed to be oil-free, and it doesn't really remove my mascara. I tried to remove several brands of mascara with this, thinking that maybe some are too resistant to it, but it didn't remove any of them. I don't even wear waterproof makeup...

on 4/9/2009 11:19:00 AM

I bought this because I was in a pinch for some remover and forgot mine usual while travelling. I found this to be extremely oily even though i only used it once with a Q-tip. It left a very oily residue on my skin that I was not pleased with. However, it did do the trick which is why I rated a "2" but overall not happy with it because of how oily it left me when only using a Q-Tip

on 4/9/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the one that I usually buy over and over though it's not my favorite. It certainly does the job, but my only complaint is that I have to work a little bit harder to get off waterproof mascara which I wear everyday. Mary Kay is my HG but this one is great for "normal" makeup removal and is quite affordable. In terms of drugstore EMU removers, I think this one is the best.

So if a product says oil free, I kinda expect it to be.... oil free. I have used the dual phase eye make up removers before so I am familiar, but this is disgusting. Even after washing I still have oily film on my eyelids, nasty! I was using another drugstore brand and this does the job better, BUT I can't get past the filmy yucky feeling I have after I clean my face. I guess I will save up for my Chanel Dual Phase, at least the rosewater is refreshing. This was a waste of money.

on 4/8/2009 11:07:00 PM

This is an oil based make up remover, so it is oily (for those who dislike the oily feeling, pls dont even try. It is oily since it is deigned so as to remove oilbased makeup easier).

It removes most makeup easily, but not the water resistance ones. It takes 20-30 seconds and a little pressure to remove water resistant mascara, which is the reason why I did not give it 5 stars. It barely has any smell, which I like. I even use it to remove facial makeup since it is really cheap--i got 2 * 100ml for $6or 7 at Walmart.

Overall, it is an amazingly cheap and delightful make up remover which does the trick.

on 4/7/2009 3:41:00 PM

For years I used the Almay makeup remover pads, both oil-free and regular. I liked the fact that they're ready to go, and I didn't have to use a cotton ball. Then I ran out and used a sample of Lancome's BiFacils that I received in a GWP. It was awesome! I sadly decided I was going to have to start paying almost $30 for a bottle of fancy remover until I saw the reviews on MUA for Neutrogena's. I plopped down a whopping $6 at Rite Aid (full price) and am really happy - it is just as good as Lancome's. Plus, the bottle isn't as hard to open! Thank you girls; you're the best!