August 30, 2014 | 1569 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Catsnstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wonder if I am reviewing the same product as the other reviews, as this really does not remove all of my eye makeup (which admittedly includes waterproof mascara and eyeliner). I use a cotton ball and wipe carefully, allowing it to rest on my eyelids a little, and would rather not scrub or rub this delicate area any more than this.

The "oil free" label is a bit interesting, as it certainly feels oily to use! As other reviewers have noted, it also leaves an oily residue behind after use. Apparently the other fluid is silicone-based, not oil-based, but because of this residue I don't see the point of this - it is still inappropriate to use before, say, eyelash tinting as the residue coats the lashes just as oil would.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

this removes eye make-up pretty well BUT it is very oily and it dries the skin around my eyes out after using. it doesn't remove waterproof mascara without a few swipes though. a few minutes after i finish, i notice that there is white residue around my eyes. not cute. on the upside, it didn't sting my eyes and i wear contacts. i will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Charamuska

it removes my eye makeup quickly :) i like it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

I've used up probably ten bottles now, and I'm still stick to it. It's gentle, yet it really has cleaning power. It doesn't irritate my eyes, which is very important to me. I just hope it can make bigger bottle because I just can't live without it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by carolmelapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is currently the eye makeup remover I use, and let me tell you, it's awesome! It does the job, and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Oil-free!!
And since it's from Neutrogena, you can garauntee that it's good for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by missdollymix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and I find this works fairly well. I have to use a few cottom pads in order to get my mascara off, which ends up using alot of product. Overall its gentle and works fairly well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

This make-up remover does not remove my waterproof mascara or eyeliner. It leaves the eye area oily, which needs to be washed right away, if not it is going to leave a residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lillian1717

Surprisingly oil-free, even though the product looks like half oil, half water. I've tried many other brands, but find myself coming back to this one for the third time now! Takes off even the toughest of my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It takes a little more patience than the "oil" versions like Cliniques Take the Day Off, but the extra 30 seconds is worth it to not have all the grease/oil smeared everywhere around my eyes.

I flip it onto the cotton pad twice quickly, and I find it's enough for both eyes (primer potion, shadow, waterproof liner, waterproof mascara). Trick is to just hold over each eye for a few seconds before wiping so that the remover gets a chance to 'dissolve' some of the makeup first so you're not tearing your eyelashes out!

Definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by kryselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really expect a lot from this product but I was pleasantly surprised the first time I used it. It really did remove my eye makeup and it was gentle, in such a way that I didn't feel any stinging/prickling sensation nor did it dry out the skin around my eyes.
I just don't like it's packaging because it's basically just a bottle with the cap. I fear that I would spill the whole bottle in an accident and lose a lot. I wish they'd put on a stopper or something.
It also claims to leave no oily residue but that's not the case with me. But since I wash my face after, I don't mind it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best drugstore eye makeup remover in my opinion. I have used Almay, Maybelline, Rimmel, L'oreal and the list goes on. It's not greasy and does a great job at removing all of eye makeup including the waterproof mascara I wear on daily basis. I have very sensitive eyes and it doesn't sting or cause irritation. I simply use cotton pads, one for each eye, and use both from and back. I use generous amount, so there is no tugging or pulling of the delicate eye area. I'd compare this product to Clinique Take the Day Off, which is my HG eye makeup remover. Obviously, it's not as good as Clinique, but I'd say very comparable and much cheaper alternative.