Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 3/9/2006 11:46:00 AM

I have very sensitive that isacne prone and I have large pores. I am 37 years old. I LOVE this product. I struggled the first few times as well and I will admit that when the lady in the store put it on me I thought it looked cakey and she put to much on. I bought the kit through BE and got the skin revver upper with it and I use an eye cream (as you would before any make up) and my skin feels, looks and holds make up better. I use the eye shadow as well and it stays great. The foundation is a light cover but for more I use the bisque on the problem areas before I buff in my foundation. Also, if you have powder flying everwhere, you are either putting to much in the lid or not working it into your buki brush first. This is a great product and I will never go back to any other foundation. Other plus is it has sunscreen in it and you can put it all over your face. So your eyelids get protected too!!

I was always reluctant to buy BE, but after a year of using liquid foundation, I found I was having more and more breakouts and they were cystic in nature. I switched to this, and 4 months later, I rarely have a breakout. I barely need foundation anymore! It can have a tendency to look cakey and the light color is slightly too yellow for me, but I will not go back to liquid.

on 3/8/2006 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I went to Sephora and was approached to try the Bare Minerals foundation. The first thing I noticed when the saleswoman was applying the foundation is that the powder was flying everywhere, and I was thinking what a waste that was. Then she held up the mirror for me and said, "See how beautiful and flawless your skin looks?" I was horrified. My skin looked cakey, dry and orange like a pumpkin. I told her that I thought it was too dark and warm, and I have fair cool-toned skin and she said that this was the lightest foundation shade that came with the kit that was on sale.

UPDATE: I originally gave this a "1" rating. I am changing this to a "4". I broke down bought the foundation in Fair #1. I'm glad I did....BUT....it was a bit too light. So I bought the #1.2 and mixed them together and found the perfect shade. With the right shade, this foundation looks amazing -- so natural, but with great medium to full coverage. I took off one lippie, because I think that B.E. needs to have a better selection of foundation for light skin tones in both warm and cool shades. I also think the packaging could be improved to make it less messy to use. continued >>

on 3/7/2006 7:31:00 PM

Can you say bumps, lumps and pimples? I have good skin - or I did until I used this product. They claim that this product is so "pure you can sleep in it". Maybe so. For some. But I wouldn't even try it as short-time day wear has ruined my skin........

Quite frankly, as far as BE is concerned, I'd ONLY buy the Yumi lipstick and the Mineral Veil powder. I'd leave the rest alone as, however great their colors, the foundation makes bumpies on my skin (clogs pores?) and the eyeshadows highly irritate my eyes.

I like the Beauty & Sorbet blushes (both matte) but I'd only apply them over a normal (liquid or cream) base.

If it works for you - great. But I'm heading back to Chanel.

on 3/6/2006 7:12:00 PM

Oh my god, I have rosacea and thought this would be the one! Wow, it was so powdery, it looked like someone dried my face out! Going back back to my regular foundation, which hydrates my face all day.

on 3/6/2006 11:59:00 AM

Oooooh! I'm so loving this!! I've tried tons of foundations and they all break me out. (I have super sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin.) I've even tried other mineral foundations (Jane Iredale, very itchy) but the freaking QVC special on this sucked me in and I had to order. I'm so glad I did! It doesn't break me out, make me itch, look fake, or take a lot of time. And it lasted perfectly through a night of bar-hopping... Now that is some crazy good makeup. I don't really like it as a concealer for under my eyes.. but um, this is a foundation, not a concealer so I can live with that. Try it! It's like $25. *UPDATE* I am still using BE foundation, but now in Medium and Light mixed together for the summer.

If you have problems with the way this foundation looks on your skin, then you are more than likely applying it incorrectly or wearing the wrong shade. If you can SEE this on your skin, you are wearing the wrong shade. You cannot use this like it is a loose powder!!!

on 3/4/2006 12:30:00 PM

My HG foundation.

*It's a Guilt-free foundation (nice to know that this foundation is friendly to your skin)

*Great price (especiallly in the US! This foundation is soooo expensive in Japan)

*So light-weight. Love how it feels on my skin!

Definitely repurchase. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, I am sold and hooked on this foundation. I have been lemming this for quite awhile. My SO and I went in to Ulta (ok, so I dragged him in there) to browse. I browsed over to the high end makeup section and I was looking over the BE stuff. This makeup artist asked me if I wanted to try it, that she would put on me, go home...see if I liked it or not. She did the full thing, from the foundation to the mineral veil including blush. All I can say is wow.
I can see a big difference on how my skin looked when I was wearing this. I look so much better with this then I do with liquid foundation. It feels so light and airy on my face. It covers my small imperfections, like the redness around the bottom of my nose. I know that it isn't exactly cheap, but I feel that I would rather buy something that isn't too expensive that will work than buy something cheap that doesn't. I also think this will last me a long time since you use so little of the product to apply and to get results.
I bought the kit from Ulta. My kit cost me 45.00 and it came with 2 foundation powders, Warmth, Mineral Veil, a flawless application blush and a DvD.
I would most definitely repurchase.

on 3/3/2006 1:42:00 AM

I love this foundation! I like the glow it gives my skin and the coverage is great! The sunscreen in it works as well. I burn fast and this protected my skin all day at the beach in Sydney. Great stuff!

on 3/2/2006 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I need to make a correct. On my review below I should have wrote "use a liquid concealer" if I need more coverage. No a foundation.