Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 3/4/2006 12:30:00 PM

My HG foundation.

*It's a Guilt-free foundation (nice to know that this foundation is friendly to your skin)

*Great price (especiallly in the US! This foundation is soooo expensive in Japan)

*So light-weight. Love how it feels on my skin!

Definitely repurchase. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok, I am sold and hooked on this foundation. I have been lemming this for quite awhile. My SO and I went in to Ulta (ok, so I dragged him in there) to browse. I browsed over to the high end makeup section and I was looking over the BE stuff. This makeup artist asked me if I wanted to try it, that she would put on me, go home...see if I liked it or not. She did the full thing, from the foundation to the mineral veil including blush. All I can say is wow.
I can see a big difference on how my skin looked when I was wearing this. I look so much better with this then I do with liquid foundation. It feels so light and airy on my face. It covers my small imperfections, like the redness around the bottom of my nose. I know that it isn't exactly cheap, but I feel that I would rather buy something that isn't too expensive that will work than buy something cheap that doesn't. I also think this will last me a long time since you use so little of the product to apply and to get results.
I bought the kit from Ulta. My kit cost me 45.00 and it came with 2 foundation powders, Warmth, Mineral Veil, a flawless application blush and a DvD.
I would most definitely repurchase.

on 3/3/2006 1:42:00 AM

I love this foundation! I like the glow it gives my skin and the coverage is great! The sunscreen in it works as well. I burn fast and this protected my skin all day at the beach in Sydney. Great stuff!

on 3/2/2006 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I need to make a correct. On my review below I should have wrote "use a liquid concealer" if I need more coverage. No a foundation.

on 3/2/2006 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with break outs and old acne scars. My pores are also VERY large. I have red undertones as well. I never could find a foundation out there that worked -it either did not match my skin tone or "slipped" off by the end of the day. Any foundations that did offer coverage and match my skin tone would usually not be oil free. If you have the same issues as me, I will offer some suggestions on application for the BE. I first use the skin rever upper by BE. Than I use, my regular oil free moisturizer as well as a good eye cream. After I let that "soak" in, I use an oil mattifier (Mary Kay's to be exact). This shrinks my pores and helps the minerals stay on my face all day. I only apply where my skin is oily. Than I use Mary Kay's eye primer and this ensures whatever I put on my eye lids stay in place. I usually have heavy creasing and my shadow will be gone by the end of the day-this as ened with the eye primer. Next, I cover any belmish or scar with the bisque and the concealer brush. Than, I use the foundation. By this time, I usually have the airbrushed flawless look. If I need more coverage I will use a liquid foundation before I apply the mineral veil. I feel the mineral veil is needed to give you the staying power and to even out the color of the foundation-for me it takes away the yellowish and evens out the red. The key is to play around for what works for you. Not many people can just apply the BE with out either a moisturizer or a primer. I also feel the overall appearance of my sking has improved darmatically. UPDATE: YUCK YUCK YUCK> This make my pores large and broke me out and slowy bu sureley showed it's true colors. Just bought double perefection by Chanel.We shall see....

on 3/1/2006 3:34:00 PM

I loved this stuff. It's the best that I've tried so far, and I neeeeed to order moreeee. I ran out! I got the starter kit for myself, and that lasted from early November to mid February. At first, I was applying too much, so that's probably why I ran out so quickly compared to others. The only setback I'd have to say is that if you don't properly moisturize before you use it, it might not cover as well. Sometimes I don't do that extra step, but it still works great! My HG powder, for sure. I've got yellow undertones, fair skin, the occasional menstrual zit, combo/oily skin.

on 2/28/2006 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry skin with red tones to it.. I also have mild rosacea. This powder foundation covers very nicely, naturally. It also blends extremely well with my skin tone and gives a great matte finish. A little goes along way and I needed some practice with blending the powder..but once I mastered it the end result was awesome! It is a loose powder and can get everywhere if not careful. If you like anything that involves water, or water sports, this makeup is not good at all when your face gets wet. It leaves splotchy marks on your face and is hard to blend back together with out it looking thick and heavy.

on 2/25/2006 8:02:00 PM

I've tried this a couple of different times. It makes me shiney and I don't have oily skin. The worst part is if you use the powder concealer it stays very matte under your eyes while the foundation on the rest of your face gets very shiney. Plus there's powder all over my vanity from the loose powders. I dropped a blush on my rug and I never could get the stain out. The hassel and mess are not worth the end results for me.

on 2/25/2006 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. You definitely have to use a light hand when applying. A little bit goes a long way. I have fair, acne-prone skin and it doesn't cover everything but it's much more natural then all the liquid foundations I've tried. No mask! It takes a bit of practice but it's worth it. I already have a friend hooked on it. She didn't like it at first but stuck with it and now she can't live without it. I'll never go back to liquid foundation again.

on 2/25/2006 2:29:00 AM

I love this foundation. I got the starter kit, and for the first few days I was unimpressed. Then I got a better moisturizer, which helped a lot. You really do need to use moisturizer with this product--I thought my old moisturizer was working fine, but then I realized that BE really highlighted some dry, flaky areas that I'd never really noticed before. Now that I'm properly moisturized, I love, love, love BE products. With a little practice, I can do my whole face in five minutes, and putting on this foundation takes me maybe 45 seconds. I don't feel or look like I'm made up, it just looks like I've got fantastically even skin. I use the flawless application brush to apply and mix fairly light with a little bit of light foundation. I usually only need one application, but sometimes I'll do two depending on the look I'm going for. If I'm in a hurry I can even use this as concealer, though I do prefer bisque for that. If you want a product that covers up your skin completely like a mask, this is not the foundation for you--BE foundation lets the light of your skin shine through so you look pretty and natural, not like you just spend hours on your face.