September 30, 2014 | 2051 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by natty_4ever

I loved this stuff. It's the best that I've tried so far, and I neeeeed to order moreeee. I ran out! I got the starter kit for myself, and that lasted from early November to mid February. At first, I was applying too much, so that's probably why I ran out so quickly compared to others. The only setback I'd have to say is that if you don't properly moisturize before you use it, it might not cover as well. Sometimes I don't do that extra step, but it still works great! My HG powder, for sure. I've got yellow undertones, fair skin, the occasional menstrual zit, combo/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Nayluvsvball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin with red tones to it.. I also have mild rosacea. This powder foundation covers very nicely, naturally. It also blends extremely well with my skin tone and gives a great matte finish. A little goes along way and I needed some practice with blending the powder..but once I mastered it the end result was awesome! It is a loose powder and can get everywhere if not careful. If you like anything that involves water, or water sports, this makeup is not good at all when your face gets wet. It leaves splotchy marks on your face and is hard to blend back together with out it looking thick and heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tljuristy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this a couple of different times. It makes me shiney and I don't have oily skin. The worst part is if you use the powder concealer it stays very matte under your eyes while the foundation on the rest of your face gets very shiney. Plus there's powder all over my vanity from the loose powders. I dropped a blush on my rug and I never could get the stain out. The hassel and mess are not worth the end results for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by SammieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation. You definitely have to use a light hand when applying. A little bit goes a long way. I have fair, acne-prone skin and it doesn't cover everything but it's much more natural then all the liquid foundations I've tried. No mask! It takes a bit of practice but it's worth it. I already have a friend hooked on it. She didn't like it at first but stuck with it and now she can't live without it. I'll never go back to liquid foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Magda_Jane

I love this foundation. I got the starter kit, and for the first few days I was unimpressed. Then I got a better moisturizer, which helped a lot. You really do need to use moisturizer with this product--I thought my old moisturizer was working fine, but then I realized that BE really highlighted some dry, flaky areas that I'd never really noticed before. Now that I'm properly moisturized, I love, love, love BE products. With a little practice, I can do my whole face in five minutes, and putting on this foundation takes me maybe 45 seconds. I don't feel or look like I'm made up, it just looks like I've got fantastically even skin. I use the flawless application brush to apply and mix fairly light with a little bit of light foundation. I usually only need one application, but sometimes I'll do two depending on the look I'm going for. If I'm in a hurry I can even use this as concealer, though I do prefer bisque for that. If you want a product that covers up your skin completely like a mask, this is not the foundation for you--BE foundation lets the light of your skin shine through so you look pretty and natural, not like you just spend hours on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I have become a true BE convert which is amazing considering that I hated this when I first tried it. However, I love the way it makes my face look, very natural and not at all heavy feeling as with liquid foundations. This is just a really awesome way of wearing makeup. I just wish these powder based, mineral makeups were wter proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think it's great, the coverage is superb - not what you'd expect from powder! The pores around my nose are invisible, it really evens out my complexion, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by smstanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff. Although it doesn't really cover as well as I hoped that it would, it still gives my skin a great finish. It really makes my skin glow, which no other foundation has been able to do. And any lack of coverage is made up for with the BE concealer Bisque. Plus it's fun to put on in the morning, which is a great bonus. Also I think this is actually helping to improve the overall condition of my skin, which is beyond amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sunnybrook584

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation would be better for someone with normal to oily skin...In order for me to wear it, I have to really moisturize first. Then, it is difficult to apply a sheer finish. Not really what my really fair, dry skin needs...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by snowybbgolda

I thought the colour is going to be lighter, but it's a bit muddy on the face, not faily light at all. The powder make me itch, worse than regular cosmetic. I never have this problem unless I use cheap pharmacie cosmestic. I would much prefer everyday minerals product.