Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 10/24/2012 4:59:00 AM

Okay. I bought this product because it was fairly cheap (around $17 here in Australia). I normally use the ivory/buff colours in foundation as I have fair skin. Anyway, this foundation. I hated it! Its kind of watery, it goes on alright though. I wore it for a couple of hours and it made my skin super oily, and it made me break out! Oh and the coverage is minimal! :( When I used it with my Lancome LaBase Pro primer, it went blotchy and horrible and dried before I had even finished applying it! Would not recommend to people like me who have blemishes and oily/combination skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a total foundation dipstick. I decided my moisturizer+powder combo wasn't working at 40+, but every time I went into a drugstore I was like AUUUGGGHHH. Because the rows and rows of bottles (Matte! Mousse! Doublestay! Longwear! Luminous!!) would send me scurrying in the opposite direction. All those types of foundations, finishes, and, of course, the rainbow of all the pinky / yellow / neutral shades and colors! Yer killing me!

I asked a friend what color and what foundation worked for her. Which, in retrospect, was a total derp as she's a pinky redhead with oily skin and I'm a yellowy brunette with dry skin and a mildly oily T-zone. Ah well. You learn.

So she told me she guessed I was shade 210, with a caveat for maybe going a shade or two darker in summer as I tan like no one's business. I smugly purchased my bottle (dayum, THAT was easy) for about $8.00, went home and proceeded to play.

Well, the hole in the top lets you just pour that stuff out like glugging a soda. I wiped off most of it, and proceeded to apply it with my fingers. I'm sure you can imagine how it went from there. Quit laughing! My momma never taught me how to use makeup, and believe it or not, I JUST learned how to apply eyeliner properly to my top lids a year ago (I always thought you put on the eyeliner THEN all of your eyeshadow, and wondered why I coldn't see it. Stop laughing!)

Fast forward a few months (and a switchup during summer to shade 230, as 220 is too pink for me) and several attempts to use this foundation. My conclusions, in easy-to-read point form, are below:

- Even if you have dry skin, this stuff will leave you looking greasy. In winter, my skin is dry as a bone, but I still look greasy after using this. This is supposed to be a dewy finish, but it's not dewy or fresh looking. It's just greaseball.
- Fingers, sponge, stippling brush...meh. Still a bad finish. Never really sinks into skin, just sits on top.
- I know! I'll soak it up with powder! After trying five different kinds (Coty, Physician's, Revlon, WnW, and lol Chanel) , I found that the powder soaks up the grease...for a short while....but also cakes in my lines and wrinkles. Yuck.
- Disappears after three or four hours, even over a good primer and set with powder. But leaves a weird shine. The hell?
- Transfers onto shirt collars, hubby's face, you know, whatever it touches. Even after set with...etc., etc., etc.

On the good side:
- Doesn't give me zits, even if I've had it on for 12+ hours.
- Doesn't smell funky.
- Even though it LOOKS greasy, it feels very lightweight and non-suffocating.
- Color match was great! I even bring my bottle with me now when I'm trying to match other foundations. Maybelline Mousse Oompa Loompa *$&@ing oxidation notwithstanding. But the color-match was spot-on.

All over, not terribly expensive but not exactly what I had in mind for a foundation when I go to town or go out for dinner. I'll keep looking, but after this and my latest Maybelline fiasco, I'm getting gun shy about foundation purchases. All that money I could spend (if MUA is any indication) and just be disappointed. Why is this so hard for makeup companies to get RIGHT????

on 10/23/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

EDIT: Okay, so when you change your opinion, I always feel like you need to be honest. This is one of those times that I'm definitely changing my opinon.

My skin is stil oily but I tried this product once again as my during the week product but layered it over MOM as a primer as well as POREfessional by Benefit and I am much happier. It could be that this product performs better in the cool weather months which I have seen with products from time to time but I now recommend it based on the change in my skin and usage of other primers during the wintry months.

ORIGINAL: I purchased this product since my standard $50 NARS Sheer Matte was not in the budget and I was absolutely not prepared to run out, so I guess I should preface by saying, I'm used to an expensive, high grade foundation and haven't used a DS brand in a long time.

If you have oily skin, avoid this product at all cost! I am not familiar with the normal presentation of gel products but this one created an oil slick effect and initiated a hellish "breakout" period.

The only saving grace was when I paired it with a M.O.M. prepped face, it then applied smoothly and gave the effect I'm sure it was supposed to give but I want a product that doesn't require so much effort for every wear.

on 10/21/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry to normal skin and this product works wonders. Even in the heat stays on. I live in the desert and even in 115 weather it doesn't move. I originally bought this product cause it has a yellow undertone which hides my super red undertone. I say this is a more medium coverage and I wouldn't suggest building this to full because it does have a dewy finish. However a little goes a long way and it MUST be set with a powder like any foundation does. I do at times need to touch up but not a big deal. This product is def not for oily skin it'll just enhance the oil. Gives a healthy shine to dry skin though. It's a bang for your buck for sure. I will buy this product again

on 10/20/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this product is terrible. Before I jump into my rant, I guess I should give Maybelline some credit and say what it does right...
The color selection- I'm deathly pale, yet somehow it matches me flawlessly. It was also very moisturizing.
This just sucks. My skin is very VERY dry, but I look like an oil slick after applying this foundation. Tried to stop it with the Fit Me powder...nothing. Just cakiness and an odd appearance overall. I also have terrible acne and redness and this did nothing to cover it. So I brought in the Fit Me concealer...again, nothing. Overall, the Fit Me line is just a waste. It will do nothing for your skin, unless it's flawless to begin with, but if it is, what are you wearing foundation for? It's a shame it's such a terrible line, given how extensively it's been promoted.

on 10/18/2012 11:14:00 PM

Okay first of all, i really never liked maybelline because it tends to make the face a tad bit oily. I've been using Revlon Color Stay foundation, great product but i have a Yellow undertone, and Revlon like many drug store products have that pinky undertone... Anyways, so i checked the Maybelline isle once again after 3 yrs and figured id give this foundation a try.... found the exact same foundation tone that i am and the price was great! YES it gives a dewy finish, but the trick is to use a small bit of primer, and i use the "Stay Matte" setting powder by Rimmel it works like a charm! I actually love it! I do touch up like once throughout the day, but i don't really care, it makes my face look flawless and smooth! Oh and its light weight on my face! And trust me i was scared and skeptical about the product aswell but I've been using it for a couple of weeks and its still good. HOPE THIS HELPED!(;

on 10/18/2012 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a great color match. Im using #120 (im NC15-20) It has a luminous 'glow' to it or maybe a greasy look i don't know lol. But I will say that it gives just enough coverage for me, doesn't make my skin look like a desert & doesn't have an ungodly perfume added to it. This will be great for my skin during winter when its super dry & itchy. And as long as i set it with a powder i can tone down that greasy glow :)

Update: Now that its winter & im using this more i have to boost my rating of this, it looks better than my HG foundation that desided to look blah recently. Good thing its so darn cheap.

on 10/17/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The price of this product caught my eye. I always use Revlon, but sadly my color was out of stock so I went ahead and bought this product..worst mistake EVER: I have never broken out due to makeup, I hardly ever have a pimple. This foundation broke me out after a week of wearing it AND it made me so oily! I felt dirty wearing it. When I answered my cell phone my phone would be covered in foundation. I couldn't touch my face without having product on my fingers. Worst foundation ever, do not recommend.

on 10/17/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

So the price is what caught my eyes at first, then i saw they had my shade,i really thought i would love this product, but sadly i was wrong...smh i have combination skin. this make up product made me look super oily within minutes...which is not a good look

on 10/16/2012 3:52:00 AM

I thought I was going to like this foundation, but no. I have oily skin and am quite pale, so the 110 was a perfect fit. I tried it, and it was very nice on, but it lasted only 2 hours, even with a matte primer. But I could accept that, because maybe this foundation wasn't right for my oily skin.

But it made me break out like crazy, and I never ever break out from any products. My skin is far from sensitive. So that's why I would not recommend this foundation. If it could make my tough skin break out, then people with sensitive skin should stay far far away.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl