Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/21/2011 6:05:00 AM

this gel eyeliner is actually really good, its waterproof as it says :) but the problem is when i put on my water line like at the bottom of my eyes, by the end of the day its kind off worn off but only a little bit, also the brush that comes with it is really good =]. The colour is really black and it doesnt smudge and yeah, really great product!!

on 9/21/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Really loved this product! I do not usually wear eye-liner as I find it so tricky to apply but this went on very smoothly and accurately. It made my eyes look so dramatic. Only complaint it that it takes a fair while to dry so you do need to keep your eyes closed for at least 5 minutes, but so worth it!

on 9/20/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I loved this eyeliner. It was so easy to apply, very black and lasted the day. It comes in really cute packaging, was moderately priced and the brush that comes with it was really good, which makes a change because I've found most other gel liner brushes to be shocking in quality. It was really easy to create a cat eye too, and would be perfect for someone just starting out with gel eyeliners and especially good if you struggle with the liquid liners. Very good, would recommend and will buy again.

on 9/19/2011 8:24:00 PM

I got mine in plum, since I've purchased the Sephora cream liner I love it and can compare it to this one. I didn't really like this product. It was very dry and it's def not as creamy as my sephora one. It comes off too so I don't like it that much. I wouldn't re-purchase this though. For the quality of this eyeliner the price is not very cheap.

on 9/18/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Stands up to MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners but my favorite part is the stiff little brush...doesn't run, doesn't dry out too fast and the brush makes it so easy to get a perfect line right along my lashes...I use brown and black...my new HG gel liner

on 9/17/2011 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first eyeliner (I got it in black) and it works pretty good. I like the brush too, rather than an angled brush and the consistency is quite creamy but easy to work with. It's pretty expensive where I'm from, 11 euros, so I won't be repurchasing just cause MACs Fluidline's 17 euro, and I'd lke to try that.. I wore this eyeliner in the shower, and it did smudge little and had faded but still, I think would be wearable :) Packagings fine, nothing fancy :) I'd recommend you get this if youre new to makeup like me and want a little kit to practice with before buying Bobbi Brown or MAC :D X

on 9/16/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 23oct2011: I just bought the LE gel liner in saphire and dare I say, I love this line even more!! I wore it outside yesterday evening to a date with my boyfriend, and it looked amazing! He complimented me on my eyes and I was so glad I bought this liner on a impulse! :) The color is a dark navy with royal blue (my favorite color to wear) shimmer shot through it. It looks positively stunning and the texture is creamier than the forest green one I have. Again, I absolutely love the brush and I'm already eyeing the brown one!!

Original review: I love the brush!!! I want to buy all the liners in the collection, just so that I can get back ups of those little handy liner brushes! It's firm and pointy, doesn't shed at all, and feels very comfortable in my hand! It can easily double as a smudge brush for the gel liner and it is absolutely worth it! So onto the liner: I have it in forest green. The color is a dark green with cold-toned green microshimmers, but the green tint still shows through (even if I'm only tightlining). I would've liked it better if it was even darker, but I manage. The consistency, as everyone pointed out, isn't the best. I prefer the consistency of MAC fluidline much better. I also need more product on the brush compared to MAC and BB, but I can live with that since I don't want my product to dry out before I can finish it. All in all, this is the best drugstore gel liner I've used, it is perfect for MU starters and I will repurchase! :)

on 9/15/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this based on Lisa Eldridge's recommendation on YouTube. The brush is remarkably well made and comfortable to use, unlike those stiff, slanted and uber thin brushes. I can never use those. Too awkward for doing my left eye with my dominant right hand. The brush on this is shaped with slightly round tip, not too stiff yet not floppy. It's a joy to use! The gel liner itself is also superb... it's completely budge proof (I'm really happy about that because my previous eye liner pencil transfers to my Shu Uemura curler every time I curl my lashes) and stays there until I remove it as the end of the day. The only thing is that I can't line under my eyes very well with this, it seems to give off too harsh a line so I revert back to good ole eye liner pencil for that. Very happy with this purchase! :)

on 9/14/2011 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product, it slides on smoothly, And it's great if you want to create a cat eye look. .

on 9/13/2011 3:33:00 PM

Black eyeliner is my favorite make up product ever and I seem to have a bit of obsession with it- own about 20 different black eyeliners, liquid, kohl, gel, you name it, i have it or tried it.I had gel eyeliners before, so I was keen to try this one. The color is lovely, it stays on for hours
however if you don't remove it with a good remover, you may end up with panda eyes. The only downside is the brush that comes with it; as another reviewer said, clean it every day (max two applications as I found out), as it dries out and can scratch your eyes.(Cotton wool pads, soap and hot water will do the trick).Or use a better quality brush. Overally, it's affordable, easy to apply and stays on for ages.

Video Reviews & Tutorials