April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of this liner. First time ever using a gel liner and it's one of my most reliable eye liners. Goes on well and it lasts. Stays perfectly in place all day.
I have it in Charcoal and it's very true to color.

The brush that comes with it is AWFUL. Very stiff and actually very painful to use. After FINALLY getting makeup brushes, I've thrown that piece of crap brush the liner came with away.
It also is very, very messy.
Mine has lasted well over a year and I have more than half left to go.

I think it's a very good introduction to gel liners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I have purchased this product twice. The first time I absolutely loved it because it was creamy and really easy to work with. It stayed put even after I accidentally fall asleep with it on. The second time around? Not so much. It's really difficult to apply since it's so dry and gets quite messy. Throughout the day, it flakes and afterwards it makes me look like a clown. I only had it for about a week when I noticed it was gel was hardening. Maybe it was the crappy Walmart I bought it at since all the makeup that I purchased there seems to disappoint me. I would rather invest a little more and get the MAC blacktrack fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow I love this product! I had seen it's good rating on MUA and seen some Youtube gurus using it so I thought I'd give it a try. I was extremely impressed!! I got it in the colour blackest black.

I used the brush it came with - on first use the gel glided on so smoothly and very pigmented. IMO, I find that using the brush gives you a LOT more control in applying liner, as compared to using pencil or liquid (using the liner tip). Hence my eyeliner looked SO MUCH BETTER because it was a true black, and my top liner was impossibly neat!

Furthermore, I wore this liner all night, and (yes I know I'm TERRIBLE) left it on when I went to sleep, and, because when I woke up it was STILL ON, and not even smudged(!), I decided to leave it on for the next day just to see how long it could stay for. It stayed on the whole rest of the next day!!!! Yes, it did not look like I had just applied it, but it definitely had not smudged everywhere and there was still a defined, black (un-faded!) line.

I was on the fence about this liner, being somebody who generally sticks to pencil liner, but now I've found this gel liner it will definitely be my go-to liner if I need an extremely long-lasting pigmented liner (i.e. always! haha!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Magyke

I was looking for a relatively cheap gel eyeliner since I have trouble using pencil and liquid and I had heard some comments about this one. I bought it in charcoal and blackest black. It didn't disappoint me.
The eyeliner goes on smoothly, stays all day (I take it off after 10 hours and it still looks the same), resists to heavy rain and is really pigmented. The only problem I had with this was that my charcoal one was exposed to heat, melted a bit and lost a lot of his pigmentation. Apart from that, it's my new go-to eyeliner. The brush that comes in the package is actually precise enough to create a fine line if I'm in a hurry, but I usually use a thin angled brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

I got the eggplant-colored one accidentally and I must say it's pretty good for a drugstore gel liner. It stays put for a long time. Especially on my oily lids. But the brush that comes with it is pretty crappy and hard to clean. So don't even bother with it. Some say that it dries quickly (in the pot) but I've had mine for a couple of months and its still good. Just close it tightly
UPDATE: I was laughing my butt off and my eyes started to water. And it smudged. Still lasts for a long time. At least 8hrs given your eyes don't water. Could be an alternative for Bobbi brown gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday eyeliner it lasts longer than a pencil- typeliner and the effect is not as dramatic as a liquid one. This liner tends to smudge if you have oily lids so try to use a primer on your eyelids. The liner glides on smoothly so it's suitable for beginners. However, I don't use the brush provided, it looks more like a lipstick brush to me and it's quite impossible to draw a thin line with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was not too fond of this gel liner. I've repurchased twice but I will not be repurchasing again. This liner does not wear well on me, it seems to smudge and fade away within a couple of hours. My HG is the skinfood gel liner and that lasts on me all day, even on the waterline. I did not like the free brush it came with either as it picked up too much product and I found it harder to get a straight line, I prefer my MAC small angled brush for more precise application. The colour was not as rich as other liners I've tried either.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by xningkexinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product because I saw alot of people using it in make up tutorials and it looked pretty good.

I think the product is quite good, on the packaging it says that it is smudge and water proof. Yes it is water proof but for the smudge proof part it did kinda smudge after a few hours. I'd have to say the little brush it comes with it is really CRAPPY! I couldn't even apply the gel liner properly, everytime I try to draw a thin line it ends up thick and unsmooth. So I tried using my own eyeliner brush and the application turned out to be good and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go-to eyeliner; resists daily "wear and tear" and it is waterproof (which is a plus). Easy to apply, and (when applying) does not take much longer then using a regular stick eyeliner. Stays on longer then a stick eyeliner aswell.Although it seems really small, the pot lasted me half a year ( keep in mind that I put on MASSIVE coats of this eyeliner )

Although it claims to be smudgeproof, you can actually accidentally smudge it when wiping away excess powder, concealer etc. that you apply around the eyes.

Still, one of the best eyeliners I've bought, (and for $10, its perfect for students (: )

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Jdanbram

I just now bought this gel liner. I usually use Maybelline Ultra Liner/ waterproof/ jet black. It has been my favorite for years. One tube will last me about a year. It stays on all day and it it truly jet black. So when I went and bought the gel liner I was surprised at how expensive it was for the quantity. It is easy to apply, but it only looks good for about 3-4 hours. Well if you are any normal human you need it to work far longer than that. I have oily skin and after about 5 hours I look like my eyes are black, and I only use a thin line. I wont buy this productt again, I will go back to using the Ultra Liner.