BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 AM

I love this product and it is in my daily routine. It is pricey but in relation to how long it lasts its worth the expense. My tub usually lasts me about a year (i wear it almost everyday). It is very subtle but for a night out you can really build ti up to greater effect.

I used to use revlon skin lights which is a lot more dewy and you feel it alot more on your face- this however you don't feel as its so light.

Must have product. I personallly wear it under my bronzer not over as i feel when over it can sumtimes muck up the bronzer colour.

xx

on 11/27/2009 2:57:00 PM

This is the most natural looking highlighter I've found yet. I use it everyday when I do my make-up now. I like the pinkish tinge is has and I find the application to be pretty simple. I find its best to kind of dab it lightly into your skin as opposed to rubbing while you're blending in the product for maximum results. The packaging is also really cute, I love the way benefit packages their lip stains and luminizers into nail polish-esque bottles.

on 11/26/2009 6:27:00 PM

I actually like this product. It does go on a little weird, it is a nail polish brush. the trick to making this work is to bled with finger Immediately( this is important or it will go streaky).
I make three sweeps over each cheek, one down the nose and under each eyebrow bone. Blend with finger.
I like this because it brightens my complexion immediately and doesn't look sparkly and fake and fits easily in my purse for quick touch ups. The nail polish look is a little weird at first but extremely convenient. No it does not last all day long but really what does? Maybe two touch ups for the entire day.
Price, it does seem steep at first( around $30) if you have a dull complexion the needs brightening this works. With this simple bottle its quick, easy and convenient.
I do not use foundation just tinted moisturizer and have never found this to flake. Also, i do not detect any smell worth mentioning. I do also do not find this looking glassy as some other reviewers have mentioned.

on 11/20/2009 1:16:00 PM

Either I haven't mastered using this product or I just don't like it - can't decide. I purchased it about a week ago and I LOVE the sheen it gives (especially used on the cheekbones); however, when I apply it as the last step in my makeup process it gets "stuck" in the powder and doesn't blend well. If I apply it before the powder and just over the foundation then it disappears once I set with powder and the powder clumps in it if it hasn't completely dried. Am I missing something? Also, I have large red spots that have appeared in the area that I'm using it... on both sides of my face! Coincidence? I think not.

I'm giving this another couple of tries because I'm a makeup masochist and then it's going back to Sephora. Super pretty highlighting color, though, just a poor formulation for me.

on 11/19/2009 6:53:00 PM

This cream gives the prettiest pinky glow when the light hits it. It's a great product to just dab on the bridge of your nose and along your cheekbones when you're in a hurry. I hate the packaging though. It makes a disgusting mess. I expect better for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm. I'm not exactly a fan of this product. I love highlighters, especially pinky pale shimmery highlighters, so I thought this would be a great product for me. I don't like the packaging, which is reminiscent of a nail polish bottle. It seems unsanitary to swipe the brush directly on your face, especially since this seems like it will last you for at least a solid year. Anyway...i've tried applying it directly using the brush...applying using a sponge...using my fingers...mixing it with foundation, etc etc and I am never happy with the results. It makes me look shiny rather than dewy/glowy. I feel that the product is just too thin. I prefer cream or powder highlighters. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/13/2009 8:03:00 AM

Oh i love this stuff, I have just run out and need to buy some more. Although I do not wear this every day, when I do apply it I always think 'Man I should wear this every day!'. It gives you a lovely glow when applied properly, and really makes all the difference to your face. You can highlightunder your brow bone too, and it looks fab there. (Although I use Mr Frosty for that... hmmm- why do I bother!)

It does do what it says on the tin, it's not called 'supermodel in a bottle' for nothing. However, the way it's made, much like a nail varnish, it's difficult to get all the product out of it for your money. It does work wonderfully as a highlighter.

on 11/10/2009 10:10:00 AM

I've had this forever and ever. It is the most delicate angelic pale pink highlighter!!!! Absolutely no need to spend $$$$$$ This does it all and you are in control just addding a dab here and there where you have a bit of darkness. The first highlighter and the BEST........

on 11/7/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gotta remind you that I have a very long makeup experience This is the worst product i have ever used. i dont usually write a review unless something is really really bad that i want to warn people about it. First of all, the TEXTURE is like a nail polish or a weaker version of a cheap liquid eyeliner with a very light pink shimmer. It is liquid in the bottle but once you apply it on your cheeks, it dries to a very unnatural GLASSY manicure-like coating. The worse part is that it flakes, cakes, and rubs off like ERASER DUST when it combines with liquid foundation. I am pretty sure why the reviews here are saying it made them break out. Also, it dries up the brush badly. it leaves brush strokes when it dries up and if you apply with your fingers, it leaves fingerprints. I hate the odor as well b/s it smells like glue. I am 22 who is very enthusiastic about makeup and want to be honest about makeup in every single way i could. I have smooth skin with no acne or any problem. I moisturize my skin day and night and make sure it doesnt go wrong. I tried to find any good in it by trying it on my skin several times. I tried to get used to this product but everytime i tried, i was more convinced that this product was the best example of the power of advertisement. This product is a BIG hype and i would NOT spend a penny on this. I can seriously send this bottle to anyone for a free trial. or just apply shimmery manicure on your face and thats what this highlighter looks and feels like. (I am serious) And for a quality like this, a one dollar label goes on better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials