Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/8/2003 12:44:00 PM

I am a big fan of scrub "powders," I've tried Fresh's Rice Face Wash, and the dreaded Komenuka Bijan fall-apart-when-wet packet thingies. This is by far the best. I can't believe I've thrown over my Fresh for this, but I believe it is far more effective on my oily skin esp. in summer. (I may switch back to the Fresh in winter.) Like the Fresh and the KB, this is a powdery cleanser that starts off ever so slightly granular-ish, and melts into you skin as it gets wetter. It is so gentle you can use it daily. You don't get the feeling it is abrading sensitive skin either. It is pricey- only one size available, and it's $41.50. However, you use little so maybe it will last longer than the Fresh (one tin of that lasted maybe 3 months for me, daily use.) It's hard to package this type of product, but Dermalogica has done a decent job placing it in a standard plastic cleanser type container with two small holes at the top which allow you to shake out a small amount. Sadly, if you shake too much out you can't get it back in. Will repurchase.

on 6/28/2003 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Like the other positive reviews on this product, I find this product unique in ingredients and the ability to dissolve to your preference. If you like a mild scrub, this one is right up there with PTR's botanical buffing beads. The only drawback is price.

on 6/9/2003 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

DM IS VERY NON ABRASSIVE SCRUB. I WOULD USE IT EVERYDAY IF I COULD AFFORD IT. THE DOWN SIDE IS THAT IT COMES IN LOOSE POWDER FORM SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO A PASTE CONSISTENCY BY ADDING WATER AND THAT COULD TAKE PATIENCE, AND ACCURACY.

on 5/19/2003 7:47:00 AM

I have used this for about 8 months and finally realized that this was the culprit to my aggravated skin. I have normal to dry skin and this was causing clogged pores and little tiny pimples. I was ruling every other product out except for this one. Finally, I cut this out ( I was only using in the mornings) and my skin cleared up within 5 days. (SMooth as can be, with no bumps!) I will just stick with my tried and true MD Forte, Thank you.

on 5/8/2003 8:19:00 AM

I had high hopes for this one, what with Julia Robert using it et all. Unfortunately and contradicting its cliams, it gave me break outs and made my skin quite dry. Although I used this very gently few times a week, it was still not so great. I don't have sensitive skin and my skin doesn't react easily with differnt products but this one certainly irritated the skin. The concept is refreshing but it ends there. I think it is pretty overpriced for what it is, and origins and CD scrubs are much better value. As for the packaging, it is very clinical which it's suppose to be, so no complaints there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The "concept" of this product is neat...but I just don't think it does anything. I'd rather use baking soda considering the price of this.

on 3/25/2003 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm sad to report that I was very disappointed in this product. I had been lemming it for a while when I ordered it so I was looking forward to using it. First, I don't find the granules to be exfoliating at all no matter how little or how much water I add. Second, something in this product really irritates my skin. Each time I've tried using it, my skin has ended up burning and extremely sensitive (no matter how gently I use it). I didn't want to think the Dermalogica could be the culprit, but I just gave it one final try tonight, and once again my skin is on fire. A lot of people love this product, but unfortunately it does not work for me so I am forsaking it for good.

on 3/18/2003 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as an award from a contest and never thought I would look forward to spending $40 for 2.6 oz of a scrub, but 8 months later I still have about a third of the container so therefore I know it is a great value. A little bit goes a long way. I have finnicky skin that is sensitive and acne prone so this scrub is excellent. Since I have been using it I have noticed less breakouts on my cheeks and the ruddiness of my complexion is much more controlable and less noticeable. After using gel or cream based scrubs for years I was so glad to find this gentle and effective facial scrub.

on 3/18/2003 3:19:00 AM

Hmmm, what's the big deal about this? It's supposed to exfoliate and brighten up your face I, but it didn't do either thing that brilliantly for me. I don't really like the extra step of having to make the powder into a paste--I know, I know, it's not a hard task, but still, I found it...slightly inconvenient. Plus it's just too mild to exfoliate anything, I wish it contained grittier granules, and a lot more of them. As for brightening, I didn't notice anything after one session, and that's enough for me to make a decision--Pola's 1/f face wash brightens after one use, so I can't settle for less than that.

on 3/10/2003 5:09:00 PM

Wow, an exfoliator I can use! Super gentle product, I'm so happy. This comes in a plastic bottle, with a shaker top (holes in side top of container). You shake out some dry powder onto wet hands, rub a bit, and apply to clean face. Massage on, leave on and your face is left soft, and not at all irritated. Yeah! The shaker top could use improvement--the holes release too much product in one shake. Those with thicker skin might desire a scrub with more omph, but if you are sensitive, a must have.

Popular Scrubs