April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2002 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: very gentle, lots of product in package, left face feeling smooth; COMMENTS: combination of physical and chemical exfoliants, slight glow after using this product, took a little practice to make the paste into the right consistency, originally tried a sample of this and purchased the full size

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2002 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Heddy

I am really loving this exfoliator. My skin is very sensitive to most exfoliation, and this one hasn't irritated it at all. The grains transform into a creamy/foamy cleanser. In the mornings, it's all I use, no need for a separate cleanser. And a little goes a long way. The packaging is also good, considering how hard it might be to properly pour out these grains.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2002 10:40:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must be missing something here, because this product hasn't done a thing for me. I like the concept of a rice-based enzyme product because it is very gentle and less harsh than apricot scrubs, but I see no visible improvement after using this product on and off for three months. With other microfoliants/scrubs I at least notice an immediate glow after using the product. It was also supposed to contain skin brightening complex of bearberry, aspergillis, grapefruit, and licorice to balance uneven skin pigmentation. It didn't do this for me either. This wasn't anything special and I'm just trying to finish it up. Nice container and a lot of product, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I've been using this product for a little over a week now after bcomplex (Karen) recommended it to me. I've had a big problem with chemical exfoliants (such as BHA & AHA products). So far -- GREAT! I've been using this daily with no irritation or problems whatsoever. Seems expensive at $40, but you only have to use a very tiny amount. It does not feel scratchy or abrasive at all -- but as if you are washing your face with a light cleanser (you cleanse your face before using this though). I also reviewed the Multi-Vitamin Power Recovery Masque, and am very interested in trying more Dermalogica products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2002 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swapped for this, but I beleive it retails for $40. That sounds like a lot, but boy is this product wonderful. To exfoliate, I have been using kiehl's oatmeal and honey scrub, and before that benefit's honey snap out of it. I will not be going back to either of those products. This is a fine powder that turns to a paste in wet hands. You massage it in, and the results are amazing. Exfoliates amazingly well, and yet doesn't have a harsh or scratchy effect. You will see results the first time you use this. This is a new staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2002 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite routines in the morning is to use Dermalogica's Microfoliant. It is a daily exfoliant that is very gentle. I use it everyday unless my face is very irritated, which is not often, but if it is, then I skip one day. It contains soothing as well as brightening agents: green tea, rice flour, bearberry extract, lemon, licorice, salicylic acid, etc. The granules are very fine and gentle on the face. The product looks like finely milled white sand. Anyway, I use about a small teaspoon of product and several drops of water and then lightly smooth it gently on my face. Rinse with warm/tepid water. The result - very smooth skin, tight and clean pores. My face looks brighter and more alive (good for those "I look tired days") Also, makeup looks and goes on like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2002 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Aussiegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For someone that likes to exfoliate everyday, this product is GREAT! No chance of overdoing it as it is velvetty-smooth. I don't even leave it on for the rec 1 minute but still notice and feel the difference. I especially love the lemonny smell!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2002 10:15:00 AM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a rice-based enzyme powder that exfoliates with a blend of papain, salicylic acid, and rice enzymes. It also contains a "skin brightening complex" and some anti-irritants. I don't know how much good any of this would do you if you left it on for only the one minute that the label recommends. My facialist advised me to leave it on until it dries, unless it irritated me. Like all Dermologica products, the packaging is very hygienic (pour-top dispenser). I'll probably repurchase.