Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 8/24/2003 6:15:00 AM

Since I swear by Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, I was surprised at this product's results - or rather the lack thereof. I don't see any difference in my skin, and at $45 for the smallest size, I should. Also, I don't like the salt-shaker packaging or the add-water requirement.

on 8/21/2003 9:15:00 PM

Great polishing exfoliant; it really makes my face soft without harsh abrasives.

This little bottle was about $41.50, but my mom got it for $20. Its still very expensive for a little bottle. I liked the texture of the stuff. It went on my face really smooth. It exfoliates gently, unlike the cheaper scrubs that are rough on my skin. I think that this stuff evened out my skin too. However, this is nothing amazing.

I love this stuff!!!!!! I was a little skeptical when I first used it because the paste was so smooth and there weren't any little granules. But I was pleasantly shocked after I was done using it. My face was so smooth and it looked radiant. This evened out my skintone and just made my skin look fabulous. It is a little pricey but totally worth every penny.

on 7/8/2003 12:44:00 PM

I am a big fan of scrub "powders," I've tried Fresh's Rice Face Wash, and the dreaded Komenuka Bijan fall-apart-when-wet packet thingies. This is by far the best. I can't believe I've thrown over my Fresh for this, but I believe it is far more effective on my oily skin esp. in summer. (I may switch back to the Fresh in winter.) Like the Fresh and the KB, this is a powdery cleanser that starts off ever so slightly granular-ish, and melts into you skin as it gets wetter. It is so gentle you can use it daily. You don't get the feeling it is abrading sensitive skin either. It is pricey- only one size available, and it's $41.50. However, you use little so maybe it will last longer than the Fresh (one tin of that lasted maybe 3 months for me, daily use.) It's hard to package this type of product, but Dermalogica has done a decent job placing it in a standard plastic cleanser type container with two small holes at the top which allow you to shake out a small amount. Sadly, if you shake too much out you can't get it back in. Will repurchase.

on 6/28/2003 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Like the other positive reviews on this product, I find this product unique in ingredients and the ability to dissolve to your preference. If you like a mild scrub, this one is right up there with PTR's botanical buffing beads. The only drawback is price.

on 6/9/2003 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

DM IS VERY NON ABRASSIVE SCRUB. I WOULD USE IT EVERYDAY IF I COULD AFFORD IT. THE DOWN SIDE IS THAT IT COMES IN LOOSE POWDER FORM SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO A PASTE CONSISTENCY BY ADDING WATER AND THAT COULD TAKE PATIENCE, AND ACCURACY.

on 5/19/2003 7:47:00 AM

I have used this for about 8 months and finally realized that this was the culprit to my aggravated skin. I have normal to dry skin and this was causing clogged pores and little tiny pimples. I was ruling every other product out except for this one. Finally, I cut this out ( I was only using in the mornings) and my skin cleared up within 5 days. (SMooth as can be, with no bumps!) I will just stick with my tried and true MD Forte, Thank you.

on 5/8/2003 8:19:00 AM

I had high hopes for this one, what with Julia Robert using it et all. Unfortunately and contradicting its cliams, it gave me break outs and made my skin quite dry. Although I used this very gently few times a week, it was still not so great. I don't have sensitive skin and my skin doesn't react easily with differnt products but this one certainly irritated the skin. The concept is refreshing but it ends there. I think it is pretty overpriced for what it is, and origins and CD scrubs are much better value. As for the packaging, it is very clinical which it's suppose to be, so no complaints there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The "concept" of this product is neat...but I just don't think it does anything. I'd rather use baking soda considering the price of this.

Popular Scrubs