Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 3/22/2006 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The lid doesn't stay on too well, so I wouldn't recommend taking this out. Besides that, this is an excellent loose powder. I didn't find the brush to be scratchy; in fact, it works well, but it is a tad bit on the small side. This powder gives a lovely satin finish, and controls oil fairly well--about three to four hours, in my case. It didn't break me out and didn't cause any irritation, either.

UPDATE: Realized this makes me look a little cakey after a while. I'm moving on to a sheerer powder. Also, after trying out some higher quality brushes out, I would have to say the included brush is, in fact, a bit on the scratchy side. ;) The bulkiness of the container (thanks to the round lid) makes this not so portable, as well, so I'll have to take a little off from my previous score of 4/5 lippies.

on 3/21/2006 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product has the worst packaging I've EVER seen. Someone at physicians formula should be fired over it. Everytime I open it powders spills out and the plastic covering is difficult to open so it's impossible to not shake the container around. The coverage is average, nothing special, I got pretty greasy after two hours or so, way more oil then usual. Can i say once again i HATE this container!

on 3/21/2006 2:51:00 PM

This powder has to be one of the best products PF has ever made.
I rushed out and bought it in translucent light after reading the reviews here. It provides beautiful, natural-looking coverage that rivals more high end brands. Personally, I prefer this to Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base and BE.
Found something even better: Afterglow Cosmetics. Their mineral powder offers better coverage.
This powder works best over a moisturizer. Once my skin has absorbed the moisturizer, I buff the powder in, then go over it a second time in soft, downward strokes.
If you want to look totally flawless, buff this powder on over a liquid foundation.

on 3/20/2006 5:54:00 PM

I told friends about the great reviews of this product here, and we were all disappointed when we tried it. :(

It made my forehead itchy when I got a little sweaty blow-drying and running around the house in morning.

Also, I got a color that was a tad too dark, which made it obvious I couldn't quite get it on evenly (it "stuck" on the oily parts of my face). Oh well, at least it didn't cost a fortune.

PF Mineral Wear Powder, will you marry me?

Yes, it is that good! Bare Essentuals' foundation gave me red, itchy patches (caused by the ingredient bismuth I believe). Despite that experience, I was still hooked on the mineral makeup concept. So, the search began.

Based on the rave reviews here, I purchased this in Medium Translucent. My complexion is cool-toned, light to medium with brown eyes and dark hair. Medium Translucent is the perfect shade. It evens out my skin tone beautifully and imparts a nice glow. It looks so natural. My skin, but way better! I couldn't be happier. The price is awesome and the quality fantastic. HG!!!

on 3/20/2006 1:34:00 PM

I really like this product

on 3/20/2006 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Until now, mineral foundations of ANY type or brand have not worked for me for various reasons. PF's new one is the exception and an awesome one at that. Translucent Light is perfect for my NC15/PPP self, it applies evenly and smoothly with a separate kabuki brush (the one they include is cute, but too small and a bit rough-feeling). Once on this makes me look flawless, lasts all day even in my t-zone without requiring a touch-up, is just the right amount of coverage and I don't need much (if any) concealer. It looks natural, feels like nothing, minimzes my pores and so far has not broken me out (and no bismuth so no itching either, yay). Way to go PF! Simply put: this is perfect for me and may reach HG status if it continues to perform this well. Will definitely rebuy.

on 3/19/2006 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I haven't tried a lot of mineral makeups - just Sheer Cover. That is a good product that gives good coverage, but it is so expensive and the colors were a little off on me. So, I decided to give PF a try when I saw that it was on sale at a local grocery store. I'm so glad that I did because this stuff is fantastic! It feels so much lighter than a liquid foundation, but gives me pretty comparable coverage. I have problem skin - its oily and prone to breakouts. Thus far, PF has been good for me, causing no irritation or breakouts. I start by applying a mattifying lotion and then swirl on a light layer of PF. I use a stick concealer to cover up any flaws still showing and then swirl on another light layer. It wears all day, but requires periodic blotting. The only complaints I have are minimal...the packaging is slightly bulky and the brush that comes with the foundation is too stiff to effectively apply the powder. Unless I stumble across something better, I will definitely continue to purchase this!

on 3/19/2006 5:34:00 PM

Based on the awesome reviews of this foundation, I decided to give this stuff a try. Well, the majority was right and this mineral foundation ROCKS!!! I have medium toned, nc 35,combination/oily, that time of month acne-prone, 30ish skin that reacts to everything. I originally tried this in buff beige and it was too light for me. Then I gave translucent medium a try. Your skin has to be definitely well moisturized before you use this product. At first, the foundation looked a little on the light side but after about 10 minutes, VOILA!!! PERFECT LOOKING SKIN!!! I use a wedged sponge with this and lightly stroke my face with it and then use the not-so-great quality brush that comes with the product to dust off the excess. No new breakouts or irritation from this and it my skin looks pretty good in pics too. I've tried Mineral Basics (made me break out), Amazing Cosmetics Velvet MIneral Powder Foundation (too expensive), and Bare Minerals(made me itch and got little bumpedy bumps) and PF is by far the best choice for your wallet and your skin, IMO. Thanks to all the previous reviewers!!!

on 3/19/2006 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this foundation! I have medium Asian skin, and I wear this in Buff Beige. I was afraid it was going to be too light for me, but after applied it sinks in very nicely and blends beautifully. I went for Buff Beige because it's a nice yellow-based shade, as opposed to Medium Translucent, which looked slightly more pink. The finish on me is slightly dewy (especially by the end of the day), which I'm assuming is because I apply quite a bit of mouisturizer beforehand. I'm not too crazy about the brush it comes with. I don't like the smallness of it, so I use my Sonia Kashuk powder brush instead. It works perfectly! Since this is a pretty light-coverage foundation, I have to use a seperate concealer on my zits and darker acne scars. It can, however, be layered on where necessary to cover any redness or light scarring. Looks very natural, even when layered on for more coverage. Best of all, my skin has been clearing up and looking better than ever after a week of using this! I am very acne-prone, and this hasn't caused me to break out at all. I am very happy with this. Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with all of those bottles of liquid foundation...