Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 3/25/2006 12:13:00 PM

In pics, I've noticed that I sometimes have a "greasy" rather than a "glowy" look that I was aiming for. Gross! The culprit is definitely my combo skin with greasy t-zone!
My husband remarked to me that my skin looked great with this mineral wear powder on, not oily/shiny as it sometimes does. I have combination, medium toned Asian Skin. In the past I used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and used jurlique loose powder but would still look greasy no matter how much I blotted.

But yesterday, I bought this after all rave reviews. I am using this now instead of my dewy LM TM. I applied moisturizer as others recommended, after it soaked in, then this powder in beige (I avoided right under my eyes as it made that area caky), and I looked very polished professional, like I had satiny-smooth tan beautiful skin but still somehow glowy (semi-matte but not entirely). Like others, still need concealer for slight red areas around my nose etc. By the end of the day there was the usual shine on my t-zone but this time it looked alot less greasy and more dewy though if you have combo skin like me I'd recommend having some blotting sheets in your purse too, just in case. Also to highlight I just very lightly applied SB highlighting powder with a lancome brush that picked up powder very sparingly and applied loosely over my t-zone just for a slight luminescent effect and I looked glowy without looking greasy. I will probably bring the powder with me on the road for touch ups if my skin starts turning greasy again. If you can, try the tester on at the store (if they have) before buying. I don't mind the brush though it is small but I use a large lancome kabuki brush for it.

on 3/23/2006 1:03:00 PM

OMG! I LOVE this powder. Thanks to the MUA reviews, I went and bought this at Wal-Mart and it is truly incredible! I haven't tried BE or anything like that, but it wouldn be pretty remarkable to me if they were better than this! It makes my face look naturally beautiful, gives light-medium coverage, and still lets my freckles/beauty marks show, which I LOVE. The price is pretty decent for what you get...kind of high for a drugstore product, but the quality is amazing! The packaging, however, sucks. And so does the brush, but I use my own. I also agree with the below reviewer who said buffing this over foundation makes your skin look totally flawless!! But I like it by itself for normal use.

on 3/22/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for two weeks now, and I'm amazed at how great the coverage is, yet still very natural. I took one lippie off because the finish is a little shinier than I prefer, so I usually do a quick buff of Maybelline loose powder to finish things off, and I also don't care for the brush that is included (VERY stiff, so I use a very soft dome brush I acquired a couple of years ago, and that works well). It lasts through the day and even though I get my usual shiny spots, blotting with a tissue takes care of it without disturbing the coverage. I have not found it to be at all irritating and I actually like the packaging - my top is not that hard to pull off to get to the sifted powder and I use the dome to tap off the excess. I think I am now in love with powder foundations (also love CG's TruBlend), and the PF loose mineral will definitely stay in my makeup bag. Of course, the true test will come this July and August - I'll update my review if I find that it cannot weather DC's notorious heat and humidity.

on 3/22/2006 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The lid doesn't stay on too well, so I wouldn't recommend taking this out. Besides that, this is an excellent loose powder. I didn't find the brush to be scratchy; in fact, it works well, but it is a tad bit on the small side. This powder gives a lovely satin finish, and controls oil fairly well--about three to four hours, in my case. It didn't break me out and didn't cause any irritation, either.

UPDATE: Realized this makes me look a little cakey after a while. I'm moving on to a sheerer powder. Also, after trying out some higher quality brushes out, I would have to say the included brush is, in fact, a bit on the scratchy side. ;) The bulkiness of the container (thanks to the round lid) makes this not so portable, as well, so I'll have to take a little off from my previous score of 4/5 lippies.

on 3/21/2006 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product has the worst packaging I've EVER seen. Someone at physicians formula should be fired over it. Everytime I open it powders spills out and the plastic covering is difficult to open so it's impossible to not shake the container around. The coverage is average, nothing special, I got pretty greasy after two hours or so, way more oil then usual. Can i say once again i HATE this container!

on 3/21/2006 2:51:00 PM

This powder has to be one of the best products PF has ever made.
I rushed out and bought it in translucent light after reading the reviews here. It provides beautiful, natural-looking coverage that rivals more high end brands. Personally, I prefer this to Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base and BE.
Found something even better: Afterglow Cosmetics. Their mineral powder offers better coverage.
This powder works best over a moisturizer. Once my skin has absorbed the moisturizer, I buff the powder in, then go over it a second time in soft, downward strokes.
If you want to look totally flawless, buff this powder on over a liquid foundation.

on 3/20/2006 5:54:00 PM

I told friends about the great reviews of this product here, and we were all disappointed when we tried it. :(

It made my forehead itchy when I got a little sweaty blow-drying and running around the house in morning.

Also, I got a color that was a tad too dark, which made it obvious I couldn't quite get it on evenly (it "stuck" on the oily parts of my face). Oh well, at least it didn't cost a fortune.

PF Mineral Wear Powder, will you marry me?

Yes, it is that good! Bare Essentuals' foundation gave me red, itchy patches (caused by the ingredient bismuth I believe). Despite that experience, I was still hooked on the mineral makeup concept. So, the search began.

Based on the rave reviews here, I purchased this in Medium Translucent. My complexion is cool-toned, light to medium with brown eyes and dark hair. Medium Translucent is the perfect shade. It evens out my skin tone beautifully and imparts a nice glow. It looks so natural. My skin, but way better! I couldn't be happier. The price is awesome and the quality fantastic. HG!!!

on 3/20/2006 1:34:00 PM

I really like this product

on 3/20/2006 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Until now, mineral foundations of ANY type or brand have not worked for me for various reasons. PF's new one is the exception and an awesome one at that. Translucent Light is perfect for my NC15/PPP self, it applies evenly and smoothly with a separate kabuki brush (the one they include is cute, but too small and a bit rough-feeling). Once on this makes me look flawless, lasts all day even in my t-zone without requiring a touch-up, is just the right amount of coverage and I don't need much (if any) concealer. It looks natural, feels like nothing, minimzes my pores and so far has not broken me out (and no bismuth so no itching either, yay). Way to go PF! Simply put: this is perfect for me and may reach HG status if it continues to perform this well. Will definitely rebuy.