September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has to be one of the best products PF has ever made.
I rushed out and bought it in translucent light after reading the reviews here. It provides beautiful, natural-looking coverage that rivals more high end brands. Personally, I prefer this to Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base and BE.
Found something even better: Afterglow Cosmetics. Their mineral powder offers better coverage.
This powder works best over a moisturizer. Once my skin has absorbed the moisturizer, I buff the powder in, then go over it a second time in soft, downward strokes.
If you want to look totally flawless, buff this powder on over a liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by jencapsim

I told friends about the great reviews of this product here, and we were all disappointed when we tried it. :(

It made my forehead itchy when I got a little sweaty blow-drying and running around the house in morning.

Also, I got a color that was a tad too dark, which made it obvious I couldn't quite get it on evenly (it "stuck" on the oily parts of my face). Oh well, at least it didn't cost a fortune.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Tombraider1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PF Mineral Wear Powder, will you marry me?

Yes, it is that good! Bare Essentuals' foundation gave me red, itchy patches (caused by the ingredient bismuth I believe). Despite that experience, I was still hooked on the mineral makeup concept. So, the search began.

Based on the rave reviews here, I purchased this in Medium Translucent. My complexion is cool-toned, light to medium with brown eyes and dark hair. Medium Translucent is the perfect shade. It evens out my skin tone beautifully and imparts a nice glow. It looks so natural. My skin, but way better! I couldn't be happier. The price is awesome and the quality fantastic. HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by chsgirl_05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Until now, mineral foundations of ANY type or brand have not worked for me for various reasons. PF's new one is the exception and an awesome one at that. Translucent Light is perfect for my NC15/PPP self, it applies evenly and smoothly with a separate kabuki brush (the one they include is cute, but too small and a bit rough-feeling). Once on this makes me look flawless, lasts all day even in my t-zone without requiring a touch-up, is just the right amount of coverage and I don't need much (if any) concealer. It looks natural, feels like nothing, minimzes my pores and so far has not broken me out (and no bismuth so no itching either, yay). Way to go PF! Simply put: this is perfect for me and may reach HG status if it continues to perform this well. Will definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't tried a lot of mineral makeups - just Sheer Cover. That is a good product that gives good coverage, but it is so expensive and the colors were a little off on me. So, I decided to give PF a try when I saw that it was on sale at a local grocery store. I'm so glad that I did because this stuff is fantastic! It feels so much lighter than a liquid foundation, but gives me pretty comparable coverage. I have problem skin - its oily and prone to breakouts. Thus far, PF has been good for me, causing no irritation or breakouts. I start by applying a mattifying lotion and then swirl on a light layer of PF. I use a stick concealer to cover up any flaws still showing and then swirl on another light layer. It wears all day, but requires periodic blotting. The only complaints I have are minimal...the packaging is slightly bulky and the brush that comes with the foundation is too stiff to effectively apply the powder. Unless I stumble across something better, I will definitely continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by maritesRN

Based on the awesome reviews of this foundation, I decided to give this stuff a try. Well, the majority was right and this mineral foundation ROCKS!!! I have medium toned, nc 35,combination/oily, that time of month acne-prone, 30ish skin that reacts to everything. I originally tried this in buff beige and it was too light for me. Then I gave translucent medium a try. Your skin has to be definitely well moisturized before you use this product. At first, the foundation looked a little on the light side but after about 10 minutes, VOILA!!! PERFECT LOOKING SKIN!!! I use a wedged sponge with this and lightly stroke my face with it and then use the not-so-great quality brush that comes with the product to dust off the excess. No new breakouts or irritation from this and it my skin looks pretty good in pics too. I've tried Mineral Basics (made me break out), Amazing Cosmetics Velvet MIneral Powder Foundation (too expensive), and Bare Minerals(made me itch and got little bumpedy bumps) and PF is by far the best choice for your wallet and your skin, IMO. Thanks to all the previous reviewers!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by firesign

I am loving this foundation! I have medium Asian skin, and I wear this in Buff Beige. I was afraid it was going to be too light for me, but after applied it sinks in very nicely and blends beautifully. I went for Buff Beige because it's a nice yellow-based shade, as opposed to Medium Translucent, which looked slightly more pink. The finish on me is slightly dewy (especially by the end of the day), which I'm assuming is because I apply quite a bit of mouisturizer beforehand. I'm not too crazy about the brush it comes with. I don't like the smallness of it, so I use my Sonia Kashuk powder brush instead. It works perfectly! Since this is a pretty light-coverage foundation, I have to use a seperate concealer on my zits and darker acne scars. It can, however, be layered on where necessary to cover any redness or light scarring. Looks very natural, even when layered on for more coverage. Best of all, my skin has been clearing up and looking better than ever after a week of using this! I am very acne-prone, and this hasn't caused me to break out at all. I am very happy with this. Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with all of those bottles of liquid foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by moni77

Well I have found my HG foundation. This stuff is amazing, I am never going back to liquid, EVER! I bought this at Target for $9.90 in Buff Beige (I am PPP and this matches perfectly).
After I wash my face, I apply my moisturizer (I have super dry skin) and let it soak in. I spot treat red marks with my concealer and brush the powder on. I don't like the brush that came with is so I use my MAC kabuki and my skin looks flawless.
I would recommend this to anyone, it is simply amazing. This is the first time I have tried mineral MU so I can't compare it to other brands but I doubt that I will stray from this.
Also, no breakouts and it stays put all day. The best thing is, my husband actually noticed that my skin looked beautiful (I have lots of red marks from previous acne and this covers it all)
The only thing I can say is, go out and try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

**CURRENTLY 40% off at Walgreens.com** Finally, I found my HG powder foundation! I prefer a sheer, natural-looking matte finish...something that covers up my fading acne scars and evens out my skintone without actually looking like I'm wearing foundation--and this fits the bill perfectly. The coverage is pretty sheer--sheer enough that even with 2 layers of this foundation on, you can't tell that I'm wearing foundation. But it covers everything that needs covering (though I use a concealer underneath on really dark or red spots. It basically makes me look like I naturally have great skin...which is definitely not the case. The finish is pretty matte, but not as matte as Jlynne or Aromaleigh. I apply this with a Cat's Kabuki brush, and I've had no problem with flaking or caking. So far, I don't need a mid-day touch-up, but this might change by the time I hit the hot, humid weather in the summer. The brush that comes with it is utterly useless. However, the area at the top is the perfect size for a standard baby kabuki brush--since this is so cheap, it's worth it to invest $10-20 to buy a separate baby kabuki for touch-up applications on the go. I'm a MAC nc30, and I use the buff beige...it's a bit too light on me, but all of the colors are very forgiving, and once it's on my skin, you can't tell that it's too light. I might try transculent medium and see if it's a better color match.