LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 5/17/2006 7:19:00 AM

I am on my 2nd tub...love the glowing results! But the packaging is just terrible that i hv to throw out about half of the content....BUT still a HG cleanser for me and def repurchase.

This is the BEST facial cleanser I have EVER USED. I am ECSTATIC about it. It perfectly cleans my skin and exfoliates and my skin is baby smooth.You definitely get used to mixing the paste together with water. That's why I only use it in the shower as it is MUCH easier to manage, and you don't have to worry about making a mess. Make sure you do it right before washing your hair because it tends to get a few grainy bits at my temples after rinsing.
I love this product so much I would marry it if I could. :)

I don't usually use LUSH face care because I find that most of them smell horrible and the consistency and texture is just wrong for me. But one day I was reading the ingredients of this product in a Lush Shop and loved the idea of such a primitive yet beautiful sounding cleanser, so I gave it a sniff and surprise! it was lovely! glorious fresh lavender and a faint almondy roses at the back, dlicieux! the texture is perfect, the grounded almond is very elastic per se so it never aggravate your skin producing those nasty micro-lacerations that sugar-based or grounded kernel-based scrubs can cause. The lavender and rose oils calm my skin completely and after patting dry it feels clean, relaxed, toned and even moisturised! The packaging is hideous like all Lush products, but that is the ethos of the company and I don't have a problem with it.

on 5/11/2006 2:00:00 AM

love love love angels on bare skin. i found this product while i was in the u.k.
coming from a humid part of the u.s., new orleans, my face just flipped out in the cold winter air. it turned strangly dry, then oily in other places and i could not get it to behave. i was beyond annoyed. while in glasgow we saw a lush store, i went in and explained my combination skin and they reccomended this. i would kiss those girls if i could. finally my face was ok. it smells a little earthy but certainly not bad. i have a supply of this and will not travel without it.

I love love love this cleanser. I've been using it for about two years now and would never swap for anything else. I have normal skin with occasional tendency to dryness and hormonal breakouts. This product exfoliates gently and really wakes skin up and gives me a healthy glow - great for when I've been burning the candle at both ends, this can make me look like a human being again! It smells gorgeous (lavender) and feels great on your skin, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. HG for me.

on 4/25/2006 10:36:00 PM

From my own experience, this is absolutely perfect for my sensitive combination skin. Afterwards, my skin doesn't oil up to compensate for dryness, and feels soft and smooth. This gives my skin radiance, but of course needs back up from toner and moisturiser to have this effect last! I love the texture, the feel, the scent and the way my skin reacts. A perfect match, one that I've waited long for! Plus, this may seem expensive, but I only need to use the tiniest amount, so its fantastic value. Liquids have a habit of just going down the drain. Most exfoliants aggravate my skin, but the paste texture makes this the only exfoliant my skin adores.(I really like Lush's choice of having simple and minimal packaging, personally, so I see no reason to bitch about little plastic containers )

on 4/22/2006 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a huge fan of this. I prefer Herbalism or Aqua Marina. I find it is a little too oily for my combination skin and doesn't remove every bit of makeup. I'm also using a chemical exfoliant at the moment and daily exfoliation with AOBS as well is too much.

on 4/15/2006 5:42:00 PM

This broke me out, big time. Big, painful pimples.
And it was really difficult to use. You've to make it into a paste first then apply to your face. And it didn't clean very well. And the smell is really overwhelming.
Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/11/2006 8:02:00 PM

It's great. A bit hard to use, but who cares? Doesn't dry out the skin and smells terrific. Great especially if you have dry skin!

on 4/4/2006 10:34:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

HG HG HG HG!
I'm so surprised to find this in the "scrubs" category, when it really is a daily cleanser. I use it twice a day on my dry combination skin and it doesn't make my skin dry - in fact, my skin loves this stuff! This cleanser has made my skin even toned, made the large pores on my cheeks smaller, and has GREATLY reduced the blackheads/whiteheads on my nose and cheeks... in fact, everytime I use this product on my face, they are getting gradually less and less! Also, immediately after I use the product, my skin is so much visibly clearer in color and is amazingly soft. I think it's because of the Kaolin clay which I believe acts like a mini mask on your skin... a lot of reviews I've read below have complained about the texture of Angels and it's probably because they aren't mixing it up properly with water. Firstly, I use a plastic spoon and gentle use the end to scrape some of the product out. That way, you're not contaminating the fresh product with your hands, and you've also mashed it up a bit, so it's easier to mix later. Next, I put the product in my left palm, add one drop of water, and mix the product up so it makes a cookies and cream texture. After that, you can put the product on your face, and add my water to it, using it like a normal cleanser. You only have to use a pea sized amount of the cleanser each time so for $14.95/100g $AUS - this cleanser is so inexpensive, yet works so well. With all lush products, the packaging is less than stellar because the company focuses upon it's product and not what it's in. I've heard that some girls decant some of their cleanser into a glass jar because it has "gone off" on them, but I just use my plastic spoon method, and keep the cleanser out of the sun (and in the cupboard) and I have no fears of it going off at all. I really really really recommend this product to you, especially if you have dry combination skin, as it has worked wonders on mine. Definately ask for a sample, or arrange to buy 25g... this is a must try and is my *HG!*