September 17, 2014 | 2231 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 7:43:00 AM More reviews by xrochellex85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahhhh thank you Lush! Now that I have found their products I am on my way to clear blemish free even toned skin!

This cleanser makes my skin literally glow! I actually enjoy the novel way you apply this cleanser, and really look forward to using it! Angels really is the best cleanser I have used, thank you lush! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

I wanted so bad to hate this product. I generally dislike Lush b/c of its overpowering scented products and unattractive packaging. I bought it on a whim as an emergency cleanser while my regular cleanser sat at home.

The product was crumbly, unattractive and difficult to use. The packaging was in a plain plastic tub, much like the tubs you get when you buy bulk food at the supermarket. After using it in the shower, I was amazed at how soft and smooth my skin felt. A little tub has lasted me three months already. Although I still hate Lush, I will tolerate this product and may even re-purchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of weeks ago beause Ocean Sea Salt was way too harsh for me. After you get over the initial "how do I use this", this is really brilliant. I usually leave it on as a mask for five minutes whilst I take a shower and then wash it off, and it leaves my skin as soft as a baby's bottom. I only use it about two to three times a week, because I don't think you should exfoliate every day. Definitely a keeper!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2005 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Liked it but messy. UPDATE: gave me whiteheads :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 7:59:00 AM More reviews by mimai

I spent my teenage years completely spot-free, so you can imagine the horror I felt when I had my first breakout in college. I got zits mainly on my forehead, and admittedly it wasn't really that bad, but I freaked out big time. Having heard rave reviews for Fresh Farmacy, I ran out and bought a slice, only to be sorely disappointed -- it dried up everything but my spots! Add to that bad experiences with Enzymion and I was on the verge of swearing off Lush skincare for good. Then I picked up some AOBS on impulse and made a beeline toward the ladies' room to try it out. All that lavender and rose calmed me down straight away, and I swear it brought the swelling down instantly. The China clay kept the oil at bay for longer, too. I used AOBS again that night and woke up spot-free the next morning. Make no mistake, it doesn't always work that fast -- and it definitely won't get rid of makeup -- but for something that's so unassuming and deceptively simple, it sure works much better than all those other products that claim to be God's gift to skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by pumaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm replacing Dermalogica Microfoliant with this - excellent for the mornings. As some people already mentioned, it's not a heavy-duty cleanser, wouldn't remove makeup, but perfect for the mornings as a refreshing cleanser that leaves skin... moisturized! Never dry, silky to touch.

I use Fresh Farmacy bar soap (also by Lush) at night and this in the morning. My skin is much calmer since I started using Lush (about 4 months now).

It lasts forever, so I think it's very cheap for such a quality product. Next time I'll be buying a smaller portion though, because a large tub may go bad before you use it all up! I'm still using my 3 ounce tub and it's been 4 months!

In smaller doses, it'll always be fresh. Try to not put wet fingers into the tub, either. If you leave too much moisture in, it might go bad prematurely, too, since it's and ALL-natural product without any preservatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by fistshaker

It's tricky finding a facial cleanser for my picky combination skin, but AOBS satisfies it! Great smell, leaves my skin soft and, for the most part, spot-free. Just don't get any water in the tub and it'll last you a long time too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by schminken

Lush has given me my skin back. After almost 20 years of terrible pimply, cystic, oily, big pored, and red blotchy skin, I was about to face that I would never have nice skin. Then I found Lush. So far Ive tried Fresh Farmacy (LOVE it, calms redness and takes off makeup), Aquamarina ( Love, great for morning cleansing), and Herbalism (I dont like this one. It leaves a strange film behind). So AOBS was next and I thought I wouldnt like it because its a scrub like Herbalism. Wrong. It smells lovely and cleanses nicely leaving glowing skin behind. It wont take off makeup so I just use this in the morning. No major breakouts since I started using Lush 2 months ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Wengistein

When I first walked into the Lush shop in the QVB in Sydney, I was excited to buy it cause I heard lots of celbs endorsed Lush and their products. When I first tried it, it smelt great, giving a beautiful aroma of scents. But, when I used it, the lady at the counter had told me to mix it down with some water first. I did that, and washed my face with it. The cleasing part wasn't very fufilling. It was meager. After, I felt my skin, and it was silky smooth. Trying it again, I thought about it and I decided not to buy it again. It's more of a sloughing-dead-skin-cells-away type product, more than a cleasner. And, as they say, they're all natural. My skin type is sensitive and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so good for mature skin. It cleans without stripping. I wouldn't trust it to move major makeup, but it definitely handles mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer without a problem.