LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 1/21/2006 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First things first- the package absolutly sux. My lump of scrub was packed in so tightly to the cheap plastic tub that it caused moisture to form before I even opened it, and moisture is the one thing you want to keep far far away from this product. I put it in an airtight jar. That having been said, .. LOVE THIS STUFF. It has a grainy clay-like texture in your hand, and smells like earthy lavender and herbs. (Definitly not sweet lavender, this smells like a lavender plant- dirt, leaves, and all). Once you add water to the cleanser, it eventually works itself into a grainy clay pastelike thing but this takes a little work. This paste is what you smear on your face, and every time I apply it I expect the product to disappear or wipe away off my wet face as I am applying it but that never happens- somehow, the product stays on your wet face so you have something to rub. The exfoliation is gentle, and the formula rinses very clean off my combo/dry skin. The best part? After drying my face off my pores seem smaller, my skin color looks a bit more even, and my skin seems to have had all the oil absorbed off it and it doesnt look shiny for hours longer then usual. Almost like this has an oil-control film built in or something. Whatever it is, i aint complaining. Has never broken me out. Love it, will repurchase over and over.

on 1/19/2006 11:15:00 AM

Love the true lavender scent but it wasn't good for my sensitive skin. Also kind of messy to use.

on 1/18/2006 8:29:00 PM

I love this product! It smells so nice and makes my skin so soft!
I used to break out occasionally, but AOBS has helped a lot!
I would certainly recommend this pne!

on 1/16/2006 4:00:00 PM

This is not a cleanser. More like a exfoliator/scrub.
Really gentle but leaves your face very soft. No tightness at all.
Only downside is that it is a little messy...

on 1/15/2006 5:02:00 AM

this is WAY too greasy for me. it left me feeling icky.

on 1/10/2006 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

As a cleanser, AOBS works well. It's very gentle, but it still manages to get my face clean. My skin would be so soft and smooth after using this cleanser. I also love the lavender scent, it's gorgeous! It's not very practical to use though (and I get the same result from my usual cleanser Cetaphil which is much more practical to use). However, as a mask, it's brilliant! I tried it as a mask a few days ago when I was having a Candy Cane bubble bath (yummy, yum yum!) I was already in the tub when I felt like putting on a face mask. Since I didn't have aspirin in the bathroom to make aspirin mask, I just grabbed a little bit of AOBS, mixed it with water, put in on my face and scrubbed a bit, and I left it on until I finished my bath. The result: clean, soft, smooth, glowing skin. I had 3 small pimples on my chin that day, and they were almost gone! I think I'm going to use AOBS only as a mask now, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. UPDATE: I now use it as both cleanser and mask since it gives fantastic result. As a cleanser, I alternate this with Cetaphil and Herbalism.

on 1/9/2006 2:38:00 AM

I absolutely love the concept of LUSH products, unfortunately they are hit or miss with me. This was a miss. HOWEVER...I can see how this would be a nice product for someone with normal/dry skin with no sensitivity to essential oils. I think where this one went wrong with me is I do have a sensitivity to certain oils (I think it may be lavender, but I'm not sure yet)...so after using this a few times I ended up with a rash. Too bad, because I enjoyed the texture and effect. I have oilier skin and prefer the Ocean Salt, although even that is not a HG.

on 1/2/2006 10:36:00 PM

this is my first LUSH purchase. I quite like it as an exfoliator but not very much as a cleanser. I find i still have a lot of makeup left on my skin if i just use this - you need to double cleanse. No miracle results just yet but its effective on my combo/oily skin, without being overly harsh. I wouldn't mind purchasing it again - it does smell very noice too.

on 12/30/2005 11:37:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

My feelings about this product are mixed.Unlike most exfoliating products, Angels on Bare Skin is not harsh or irritating. After use, it leaves skin feeling clean, fresh and soft. You take the paste that it comes in, mix it with water until "smooth", then spread and massage onto your skin, and rinse away with water or a warm washcloth.
My main dislike about this product its strange texture. Unlike most similar products, it's not creamy or smooth; it has more of a watery/clumpy texture. A Japanese friend told me you can make a similar 'paste' yourself with just the abduki (adzuki? who knows) beans for a lot cheaper. That said, it does have a nice, refreshing smell (think woodsy/evergreen), with little needles in it (not as weird as it sounds).
Like most LUSH products, the packaging is not great. I ordered mine from the website and it came in a cheap plastic tub. However it's a decent-sized amount; I paid about $13.50 for mine (they are priced by weight). I've used less than half of the tub and I've had it for six months; so while it is sort of expensive it does last forever. Some people claim to have problems with it drying out; I find that if you keep the lid on and mix with water upon use, there's no problem.
I wouldn't buy again because I don't like the texture, and the application is kind of messy. I usually get it in my hair with is kind of annoying. continued >>

I love LUSH but their skincare is lacking. This really didn't do anything. It doesn't exfoliate or do anything it claims, and as a matter of fact you could NEVER use it to take make off either like the stores claim when you go in. I'd advise to get a sample because I TRADED this soooo fast.