Chanel No.5

3.5

on 1/22/2005 7:53:00 PM

Discusting! I understand that Chanel is high-class and sophisticated, but I agree with a reader below that I think that many women like this product because of it's history and celebrity appeal. Whiff this one with your eyes closed and it's like a big hug from Nana. It's strong, manly, overpowering, showy and offensive. I've smelled more delicate cologne than this. Absolutely, 100% horrendous in my opinion. Unless you're the queen mother, I'd pass.

on 1/17/2005 4:26:00 PM

Got this as a gift. I liked it but it was not one of my favourites. It has a strong powdery unique scent ... and can sometimes be overpowering. I like it to smell on occasion, but ended up giving it to my mom, where she could have good use out of it.

Would not buy again ... as there are other scents I would much prefer.

on 1/17/2005 12:34:00 AM

Okay, I am finally giving this a "5". I always liked the EDT, used to use the hair mist, and the shimmer body lotion and bath oil (worn as perfume)smell great.
I finally started using the parfum, and it has less aldehydes, and is sweeter,softer, and sexier than the other forms.
Blends better in your own chemistry.
Equally good for work or a date, although while men like this I have found they do prefer other more sexy scents (like Samsara or Stella.)
I am now curious to try EDP - the only version I haven't tried.

on 1/16/2005 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Alright ladies, let's be honest with ourselves. There is nothing sexy about this scent. Personally, I find it offensive. Considering Marilyn Monroe endorsed it leaving everyone to believe in a perfume that must have only smelled good on her back in the 60's. Welcom to the millenium try Tova much better, it is the epitomy of what a woman should smell like, ( body,mind,spirit) my fav, layer them , it's a womans dream.

on 1/16/2005 9:28:00 AM

Years ago I tried this scent and hated it. It was just too grown up and complex for me back then. I just tried it again and it smells so pretty on my skin now. Either my body chemistry changed to make it now smell good on me or the formula has changed slightly (I am betting on the first option) but I digress. This is so sexy on me now and as I wear it the scent just gets better and better. I can see why this scent has held up to the test of time. It really does smell so different on everyone that happens to try it. For those that hate it I would bet that it is your own body chemistry that ruins the scent. It is one of those scents that for those that it works on, it does so in such a beautiful way.

on 1/10/2005 4:30:00 PM

I needed time to learn to appreciate Chanel No5. I used to think it's oldfasioned, boring, heavy. Now I see (I mean smell) the true beauty of this fragrance. It's so complicated, it works with the body chemistry of everyone in a different way. For some reason to me the best is the EDT, not the EDP or the perfume. So give it a try. O yes, and really - with this one less is really more!

on 1/9/2005 3:16:00 PM

this smells so damn gross, no matter how much/little u put.
i think people just say they like it because they WANT to like it.

I actually wore this some when I was in high school, which sounds odd, but with my chemistry it smelled very different than it did in the bottle. Even so, I liked how it smelled in the bottle. This fragrance is famous for being what it is. You shouldn't purchase it expecting something fresh and modern. Some people would find it too old-fashioned and overpowering, but I find it to be a true classic of yesteryear.

Umm...I have a sample of it. Not good at describing hints, but it smells rich and sweet (two things I like), however, there was something there that didn't make me think it was perfect...can't put my finger on it. Could smell it without putting my nose to where I sprayed it...overall it smells good, but it's not for me. Didnt like it at first spray, but it grew on me. I wouldn't purchase it though...probably later.

on 1/6/2005 1:36:00 AM

My boyfriend got me the Chanel No.5 "sensual elixer" from the new "seduction collection", that Nichole Kidman is now campaigning for. I of course requested it (he is clueless about these things). It is a very interesting oil/gel formula that is long lasting and powerful (one dot does a lot). I so in love with the frangrance and although many people think that it is old ladyish, I think it is just lovely.....and I'm 22!For some reason it smells different from the No.5 that my mother has.....even she said that it smells the, same ...but "younger"....maybe b/c it is an oil???? Oh well bottome line is.....this is deffinately a fragrance that I will keep on hand at all time!!! Everyone go check out the new collection....it is to die for!

Popular Fragrances