April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by x0Chapped0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by casimmons23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love No. 5!!! My mom had a bottle of perfume when I was little, that my Dad brought her from Europe, so it calls up all kinds of memories. I just repurchased the EDT, and am ready to buy the real deal perfume now. I normally wear Opium and Addict types of fragrances, so this is a bit of an anomaly for me, but I love it just the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Akasha77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mum wears it too.. Far too strong and offensive for my nose..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with lanilove below. I swapped for this based on a few reviews and all the ads popping up recently. I can't understand how this fragrance has been around for so long. When I sprayed it I came close to dry heaving. I don't care for cats but I think I'd prefer the smell of a litter box over this. I even sprayed this on a clean tissue, I waited a while for it to dry, and still hated it. I can't see why anyone under 60 would purchase this. Sorry to all the chanel lovers out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my mom wears this and it smells awful! it's way too strong even with one spritz but it seemed as if my mom overdosed on it. -_-

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2004 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Lotos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My relation with this fragrance is very ambivalent. When I smell it on someone else I always like it soooo much! It is sophisticated and natural at once.
The first two hours after the application I cannot stand it when sniffing too near on my wrist. It seems to me too harsh and not soft and powdery at all. I really need to smell my wrist from a certain distance to like it. But after some hours the base of this fragrance comes out and then.... ooh... it is just everthing that a fragrance should be: light, soft, subtle, warm but not too sweet or too powdery. Everything is in perfekt harmony.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lanilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chanel no.5 what a dissapointment. I have to wonder if the rave reviews on this reflect more a passion for anything Chanel than this perfume. Maybe it is my chemistry--but "old lady" doesn't even beging to cover it. Moth balls, gaggy is more like it. Never again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 10:16:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

Simply elegant and classic.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by gleam

A co-worker had a bottle of Chanel no.5 EDT in her bag so I sprayed a little on my wrist to test it on me .. and I would like to emphasize "a little". Male co-worker then openened the window and asked "Who died in here?!" The only positive thing about this was the hilarious expression on his face :-) Too strong and nauseous and old ladyish on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I know this is touted as the universal fragrance for women, but it just doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. On initial application, the scent is so strong to me that it makes me want to take a step back from myself. Lasting power of this is terrific, however the entire drydown just screams OLD to me....I picture a kind of sophisticated lady who wears fur and big baubles of jewelry to have this as her signature fragrance instead. I don't feel like myself when I have this on.