Chanel No.5

3.5

This smells horrible! the first time i put it on i thought my cat went to the bathroom on the floor, but it was the perfume, yuk!

On my dresser shelf, perfumes come and perfumes go....but Chanel No.5 stays forever! Quoting (translated) from the German InStyle Magazine, "A great perfume works like a shock..." and the shocks in No5 are the aldehyde (startlingly new in 1921, when Chanel No.5 was created) and jasmine notes. (Jasmine is the only note I can actually pick up on its own) There's a reason why this scent has been around for 84 years. It's smooth and classy, but not (at least to my nose) too heavy: the aldehydes keep things sparkling. Here's to Chanel No.5, and 84 more years!

Old ladyish?.... I hope when I'm old I smell this good. This is a timeless classic, I wore this when I wanted to feel sophisticated and grown up(I was 12!) , now that I'm older I can do it true justice. This isn't my favourite scent and I haven't worn it for a while, but it evokes wonderful memories . I love that one whiff of this ,after it has settled comfortably on the skin takes me on a nostalgic trip and reminds me of what a real woman smells like, none of that vanilla, fruity,leather frippery!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this wonderful perfume. Not hubbies favourite but i adore it. I love the shower/bath gel and the body lotion too.

My initial thought when I smelled this is that it smelled like my grandmother. I never liked the smell in the tester until I actually put it on my skin. Now I am ADDICTED! It warms up on your skin and turns sexy sweet. No wonder women for years have been using it. I love it and wear it all of the time now and have got many compliments!

First, i got few samples while i brought No. 19. After trying couple small samples, I totally addicted it. Although I have been using Eternity for more than 10 years, I LOVE THIS ONE.

Usually I don't like powery smell, except this one. I totally Love the base-note, very graceful. Will buy again for sure.

UPDATE:Personally I like to use EDP (or EDT) for daily and pure perfume for the big night out.

Truly one of my holy grail perfumes. I have this in the EDP and the sensual elixir which is a gel formula. I like them both. I also have this in the body powder (fantastic) and velvet cream bath. I think it's the height of sophistication and I never ever tire of it. I received one of the highest compliments ever in my entire life regarding this fragrance from an elegant lady I've always looked up to. This is a must try for every woman looking for a new scent. I think everyone should own at least one bottle of this in their lifetime because it's so special.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I remember saving up to give this perfume to my mom one Christmas. It was something that she wouldn't buy herself, given the expense. She had this tiny bottle of true perfume that my Dad had given her on their first anniversary sitting on its altar (her tall wooden jewelry box that sat on her dresser) with just a few drops left after twenty years. She almost cried when I gave this to her. She just thought that one spray elevated a lower middle class woman from rural Ohio to a Fifth Avenue grand dame. I think she was right.

I like how Thisbe describe this perfume. I agree with her that some women here really go overboard when they dislike a perfume. Same thing with Thierry Mugler's Angel. When they don't like it, they discribe it as cat's pee, or burning pine. Well, this perfume probably smells like that on those women but I don't think they smell like that on and to everybody. I like Chanel No.5. I don't think it smells like a grandma at all. I think it's a very strong but feminine scent. I have a gay friend who wears this every day and even on him it smells delicious. I have the EDP, and I only use this on a special occasion because it's a treasure.

I agree...this scent isn't for everyone. I have worn it for 10 years now and STILL love it. It is my standard Fall/Winter scent. Incidentally, I am 32 years old. I definately don't find it mature smelling...just sophisticated.

Popular Fragrances