April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I have never been able to try out a CG foundation until now; none of their previous formulas provided me with a good color match. I'm generally NC20-25 in Winter and 25-30 summer, and purchased both Classic Ivory and Buff Beige (shade numbers are different in Canada than US). Classic Ivory is a great match for my winter skin; is neutral with a slight cool yellow undertone. Buff Beige will be good as I transition into the summer months, has more of a warm yellow undertone.

The consistency is that of a thicker foundation---but spreads and blends like a lotion. I prefer to apply this with a beauty blender, but have used my fingertips and a brush. All applied easily, but I had the most coverage with my fingertips, medium coverage with a brush and a more natural coverage with a sponge.

This dries to a natural matte finish; neither dewy nor flat looking, just looks like great skin. This lasts a good while without fading or looking patchy. I've gotten average wear at 5 hours without a setting powder and needing to blot, but with a setting powder this lasts a good 8 hours.

I really love that this does not emphasize my larger nose pores, nor does it sit in the wrinkles/lines around my mouth. This just makes my skin look flawless, smooth and naturally healthy.

I prefer this over all of my foundations at the moment. I hesitate to call this HG material, as it's only been a month, but so far so good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by nanadiaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite having moisturizer on...the product seemed TOO dry for my dry skin. It was a little cakey for me and that is with only one thin layer. The only thing I like about the product was the packaging. I am still using it because I love the pump LOL! But this product is a no no for those with dry skin. The only way I use this and not waste the product is use one layer of this foundation and another layer of another less cakey foundation on top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE - so I've been using this for quite some time and well, I have to ditch it. It's now magnifying my lines and pores. Not good. :(

I've been using this for over a month now and am IN LOVE. I decided to switch to liquid from EDM for 3 reasons:
1 - EDM discontinued their Intensive formula, which meant I had nothing but the Matte formula, which required multiple layers just to get decent coverage. Intensive only needed 1 layer.
2 - I would need to buy 3 different shades of EDM in order to get a shade match. At $12 each shade, that was $36 - granted, I would end up with 3 large containers of foundation that would last me about 6 months but I digress.
3 - I've begun to notice that the powder foundation settles in to my lines & creases. Not a good look, at all. In fact, it's accentuating them! GAH!

Now on to my review - I got medium beige and it is perfect match. At first, I thought it would be too warm and maybe too dark but NOPE, not at all. It's perfect in natural sunlight, where you get the REAL results. I love the pump dispenser - makes it much easier to pump right on to my MAC 190 foundation brush. The product does what it says and I do not need a concealer. I am able to cover any stubborn spots with a small drop of the foundation. It dries to a matte finish but doesn't accentuate my lines. It actually softens them a bit. I will say that the product dries quick, so I have to work fast to make sure it's blended well, but that's not a huge issue for me. I didn't use a powder to set it because it doesn't need it. The price is awesome - $10 at Target and I believe Ulta is having a 50% off sale on all CG products, so you may be able to get it for less there (Ulta tends to charge more for DS MU then Target). I haven't broken out yet, THANK GOD, so if this continues, I believe I may have found my new HG foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Jonsey06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging is really neat, the texture is amazing, and it even smells like a high end foundation I was using! It does exactly as they advertise beautifully..BUT ya'all! ..It made my face look as bad as it can look after a few uses. It gave me THE most painful pimple too, I otherwise never have acne people. I use a sponge applicator, and unlike any foundation I've used before, it left a hard crust on the sponge... can one say, gross?? I'll try using hands only. I have sensitive skin, however I swear there's something they put in it that really irritates skin. Otherwise, I would still say, TRY IT girl! If you don't break out, keep it! That'll be your HG foundation right there :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I am so in love with this foundation! I purchased solely based on mua reviews and so pleased. Normally I'm a revlon color stay user but lately for some reason I'm finding it so heavy and mask like on my skin so I tried a few others then tried this. Its not very thick so does not feel heavy on skin. It does dry very fast so you gotta blend right away I use my fingers I couldn't imagine using a brush cause it dries fast. In color stay I use buff which is good but I find a tad to dark but the ivory is far to pink in this foundation I purchased ivory and it's perfect! Others say they find ivory to pink but I fortunately for me it goes on very neutral. I use milk of magnesia under it as a primer but I do that for all foundations. Makeup stayed perfect all day did not oxadize at all. I'm shocked CG came out with something so great with our luck they will change formula or discontinue. Now I see alot of reviews from dry skin people saying its horrid. This foundation is for oily skin not dry skin. If your skin is dry maybe make sure your extra moisturizing or priming. I purchased this at shoppers drugmart for $14.99 which is alot. I'm sure Walmart is probably around $10.00. And it has a pump yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Not a big fan of this. I've used it three times and twice it made me look dry, patchy, and aged. I still have hope from the one time it looked good, so I will update.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this. I wanted to like it so badly that I bought it twice. I first bought it when it first came out, and I was disappointed with it and threw it away. After reading some more rave reviews, and not remembering why I threw it out in the first place, I bought it again. And now I remember why I hated it so much.

This is not for dry-skinned ladies. I always moisturize prior to applying foundation (and even add jojoba oil for extra moisture). This foundation applied okay at first, but the horror was when it began to set. My skin was patchy and all caked up. Some areas, like on my cheeks, the foundation clung onto; other areas, like my nose, were still red, even though I put foundation on it. I spent five minutes buffing away the cakeness off my face, until finally I just buffed off the entire foundation.

If you want a cake on your face, then by all means buy this. Again, this might only work for oily girls. I gave it two stars because I liked the pump.

EDIT 3/4/13: After trying this stuff out for a third and fourth time, I have given up. I found out a way to apply it so it wasn't so cakey, but it wore off on my nose and chin after a couple hours, and worst of all it broke me out. No thank you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I never liked Cover Girl nor Revlon fdn. because they never have my colour NC30-35, it is either too pink, or ashy, and if I jump into a slightly deeper colour, it will be too brown. My motto is : for a yellow base, as it goes darker, an orange undertone has to be added to warm it up.
The first few ingredient in order are: water, anti-freeze, thickener, talc, silicone, followed by about 15-20 more ingredients. Note that talc comes before the silicone so this gives a matte finish, and the silicone gives the smooth spreadability. For my dry skin, I always serum, moisturizer maybe primer, just because CC say there is a build-in primer ...... since when do I believe a cosmetic manufacturer's claim, they would still snake oil if they have their way.
Medium beige was sold out so I picked Creamy Beige, I believe the number is different in Canada compared to US. One light coating is all I need and can get away with it, shadewise. If I want to build it up on the melasma area, it will look too pink/pasty.
I returned & got Soft Honey, this is definitely a warm tone with orange undertone but a bit too dark for my winter tone. I mixed an equal amount of Soft Honey and Creamy Beige, this became my shade. If I find its too matte, I just swipe a bit of highlighter with a large brush, problem solved.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I jumped on the band wagon. I got a perfect match with buff beige (925). Love the bottle and the pump and that's about it. If you want to see if you have any dry patches on your face, try this. I didn't realize how dry my cheeks were. Felt thick and sticky, buffed out with my foundation brush, Sat in every nook and wrinkle in my face making me look really old. Don't know if it would oxidize on me, had to wash it off before it had a chance. I guess it's another trip back to the store to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by electropop3545

This is my first Covergirl foundation and I must say I love the formula. It blends beautifully and leaves the skin matte and soft(and touchable~~) I must say the coverage is decent as I did not use concealer on my hyper pigmentation and used a little more foundation as concealer on my trouble spots. I do have acne prone(and VERY OILY) skin and this lasted my 9 hour school day (taking into consideration that I used my Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray but nevertheless I use it with all my other foundation routines). Lasting power is awesome.
The shade I got was 810 Classic Ivory for my NC25 light asian skin tone.
I would say it is very neutral but leaning towards the yellow tone.
Color match was great for me.
Highly recommend for Oily, Acne Prone skin.