October 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MlizK

This is an example of drug store makeup done awesome. I love tinted moisturizers, because foundations are so hard for me to use. (I have very oily skin, with extremely dry patches.) This "BB" cream (does it really count? I don't know. More of a tinted moisturizer.) is lightweight, gives me moisture without the oil slick, has some SPF, and brightens my face. No, it doesn't really cover blemishes, but I end up having to always conceal my undereyes, so a few more swipes with the concealer don't matter. It does make my skin look healthier and lightly evens out my skin tone. I found it at Kroger for $5. Cute package, small enough to take with me if I'm traveling or whatever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Lovey808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 2 months now. I first used a sample from a magazine and decided to purchase a whole tube with the attached coupon. Right now I'm using it in the medium tone. I have to say I like it, a lot!

First I use Melaleuca's Sei Bella daytime lotion with SPF15, then Neutrogena's Healthy Defense daily moisturizer with SPF30, then I put on the Maybelline BB Cream, then I follow with Bare Escentuals matte foundation which also has SPF 15. As you can tell, SPF is very crucial to skin protection.

Anyways, I have worn it alone. Moisturizes and kind of gives my skin a dewy look. It provides minimal coverage. I can't say the product makes me break out, because I get the occasional 1 or 2 pimples every 3-4 weeks, so it doesn't seem too make my skin oily.

I'll continue to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only BB cream I have tried and I have to say I am really impressed. I kind of thought it would be a lot like a tinted moistorizer, which usually leaves my skin very oily, but it isn't. I have moderate acne and dry skin as well. After I wash my face in the am I put on the BB cream. I find that it takes the place of using a moistorizer. It leaves my skin feeling and looking fresh, smooth, and not at all oily. I do use my regular cover up (Neutrogena Skin Clearing coverup) to touch up the major inperfections and I'm done. It lasts all day and even at the end of the day my skin isn't super oily. Would definatly buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

FYI (2): Maybelline tests its products on live animals. For this reason, I have ceased purchasing their products. This review refers to product use prior to my awareness of their animal testing status.

I use the Light/Medium shade, a lovely warm tone yellow enough to correct redness in my complexion. Convenient packaging, very portable. I love the product's color, the texture, and the natural (satin matte) finish on my skin. It pretty much disappears into my skin and gives me a warm, healthy look. I don't look unnaturally flawless but my redness is faded and less obvious, skin tone evened out nicely. No-fuss application, just smooth on with fingers and it looks great. Oily complexions might need powder.

If this product had reliable SPF protection, I'd never stop buying it. However, Dream Fresh labels itself SPF 30 and it has about 1% Titanium Dioxide as its active. The only way I feel safe wearing this outside is using a separate, reliable sunscreen underneath or on top or mixed with it. Doing this would negate the convenience and affect the color and finish of the product.

It's a shame.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by regang

I love this BB cream! I wish I could wear it all the time, but on days when my face is feeling extra oily I have to wear a more heavy foundation. If you have combination to oily skin you might want to find something else or set this with powder. This product comes in a squeeze tube that is not the best but for how good the formula is I can deal with it. The formula is light but blends imperfections and covers well, you can trust it to stay on all day. I love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far so good, and yes it's sheer but it'll cover most of my imperfections with 2-3 coats which still feels lightweight. I set it with powder like I do any other BB cream, even the Korean ones. At least in this case the med/deep color is my EXACT skin tone so that's one benefit it has compared to the Korean ones that I have to follow up with foundation & powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jennybabex

pros!!

gave good coverage, skin looked brighter and really healthy

cons!

really loved this but kept getting breakouts after using it! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by donna75146

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was really great on, looked awesome,but the next day I had 2 large pimples. I know it was from this. So if it doesn't make you break out it is great. But I can't use it because of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ShyYanne

This was the first BB cream I've ever tried and though I can't really vouch for the "benefits," overall it was pretty nice. It was really light and felt smooth on my skin, and helped even my tone. It wasn't too much coverage but it felt nice, and works well if you don't want to wear a bunch of foundation. All considered, I liked it:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like how light and smooth this BB cream is and I appreciate it's ability to even out my skin. However, I couldn't find a good color match. I have fair/med. skin with yellow-neutral undertones. I have the fair/light shade and it somehow gives my skin a lighter cast, even though the coverage is very sheer. The next shade up doesn't suit me, so I guess I'm out of luck. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't experience any problem with greasiness, etc. The finish holds up all day. So my advice would be to give it a try. If you can find a match, you'll probably like it.