April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by bunnymonocle

Okay, let's get this straight. This is NOT a BB cream. In any way. This is a TINTED MOISTURIZER. If you're arguing with me right now, go do some research on the history of BB creams, and how they got to where they are today. The claims on this thing are…confusing. "Helps blur the look of imperfections, creates a natural looking glow, skin looks visibly smoother" and "compliments skin tone" all sound like one benefit to me. I'm pretty sure you could more or less put all of those under "enhances the look of skin" (which is actually on the bottle already!). I also don't think those should even count as benefits, really. I expect that of my BB cream already! "feels fresh" and "oil-free" shouldn't be on there, either! They don't actually do anything! So we're left with 2 actual benefits. "with SPF 30" and "hydrates all day". So, we've got a moisturizer with a good amount of SPF and tint to provide coverage and skin tone correction. Good. The shade light/medium matches me perfectly and really does cover up the redness of my face, and also brightens my rather dull complexion, but everything looks natural. The coverage is rather sheer, though, so don't buy this if what you're looking for is coverage. It does have a yellow-ish undertone (yay!) so it doesn't make me look brown. I wear this on top of my sunscreen and under my powder, and I have never experienced anything regarding excessive oil production. I hate how everything is on a sticker. I absolutely hate it when stickers are used. That comes off as cheap and messy to me. The tube holds a measly 30ml (which I actually find is more than enough, as a little goes a long way!) and has a twist-off cap which locks into place. It's very easy for product to spill and the nozzle is way too broad. The hole is small, though. I will repurchase when I run out for travelling.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by reg81

Perfect for everyday when you don't have enough time to get ready. It is also perfect if you don't want to use up your expensive foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rileyeholland

I wear this everyday. It's pretty good, but nothing amazing. It covers well for the first couple of hours, and then starts to make your skin look a little oily. It can give you a nice dewy look, though. And it's actually surprisingly good at matching your skin tone. I'd recommend it for just an everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear this on days I don't need alot of coverage. Gives my skin a nice dewy look. This is the first bb cream I've tried and it's pretty decent. I'll try other bb creams to see if theres anything better before I'll repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Being the cynic that I am, I just laugh at the "8-in-1" claims. This is simply a fantastic non-chemical (titanium dioxide) SPF 30 facial sunscreen with just a hint of tint, so that you don't get that typical white cast of non-chemical sunscreens. Thank you Maybelline!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised this got such good reviews. I didn't think it did much of anything. Felt nice to apply, didn't break me out, but it provided no coverage whatsoever, and I wasn't expecting a ton or anything. My face looked basically the same as before I put it on. I used up the tube (with mac studio fix on top!), but would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ashleighread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I frist put this product on I love it. I love how light it feels, that you can apply it like its a moisturizer, and all the benefits of using a BB cream. It makes your face look bright and refreshed and blends really well. Unfortunately the look does not last long and after a few hours my skin felt more oily. I also started to notice that I was breaking out in little patches of bumps on my face. NOT COOL. So while the product is good at first in the long run I'd say steer clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Estheticqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE BB creams! So easy to use and love how it glides on and leaves a beautiful glow (w/out streaks!) I have rosacea, so the coverage is not the best but I love to apply it when running errands or excerising outdoors (good SPF). The reason I did not give it 5 stars was because I seem to get a break out or two in my Tzone if I wear it all day. I have combination skin and like most of us, have more moisture in my Tzone in the warmer months. I look forward to using this when my skin is dryer this winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CranberryLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the comments, a lot of people seem disappointed that the coverage from this product is relatively low. However, I've been a long-time user of BB creams before their became a mainstream craze, and I personally love the lightweight look. So, just a note - if you want something with heavy coverage and colour correct, most BB won't be for you.

This is a fantastic product, beyond my expectations. In the past, the BB creams I've used have been from Korea and this is the first mainstream one I've bought. I bought this in the shade 'fair' and it oxidises beautifully into my skin. I like how it's scentless, and doesn't take long time to set. I don't need to set it with a compact cause it has a pretty good stay power. The finish is neither matte or dewy, but somewhere inbetween - it adds a nice glow around the forehead and nose area but doesn't seem too bright at all. I do have to use a concealer to cover my under eye circles, but I didn't expect a BB cream to conceal them anyway.

Overall, I'm massively pleased with this product. I will definitely buy it again and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants sheer coverage with a lightweight feel!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MelaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product feels very light and non greasy unlike the Garnier one I tried. I am super super pale and I feel like this blends well into the skin. At first I thought the product looked very orange coming out of the tube, but I found it adjusts after a couple of minutes. It has very light coverage and hasn't broken me out yet. There's also no noticeable scent which I like because I have sensitive skin and products with a very perfume-y scent usually tend to break my skin out.