November 24, 2014 | 1974 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by dakotacheryl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I have purchased the colors Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle and I'm in love with them both. My lips stay hydrated...with just the amount of color that I love. There is nothing off putting about this formula and I highly recommend them. I'll be trying Red Velvet next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by nessa06

I love these! They leave my lips feeling soft! And the colors are amazing !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mchema

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a lip product person but after I found these I use more than just lip balm. I love the formulation and the pigmentation. I find these wear better than my Chanel COCO Shines. Although, some of the colors don't wear very long. The darker pigments get about 3 hours of wear. The lighter maybe 2. The packaging the lack luster. Kind of cheap, not much weight. But for the value I don't mind. I reach for these every day and love the results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 1/13/13: I like these, but (coming in a minute). I am NW20 and love Cherry Tart in summer, Red Velvet in winter, Fig Jam is nice for Fall. However, I started to notice that when I wear these a lot my lips get dried out. It became quite bothersome so I re-examined the ingredients & to my dismay saw beeswax. I don't know if I have an allergy or sensitivity or what, but beeswax doesn't create an instant reaction. However, after using it a few times consistently, my lips start to get really dry, especially around the rim. Last time I ignored this feeling & persisted wearing the irritating lip product, I spent the next 4 months trying to soothe my lips down with Vaseline (because that is all the doc would let me use). It left my lips red and bumpy all along the lip line (Google "beeswax allergy" & usually a girls lips who looked just like mine pop up in the image section). So I don't know...maybe I can use these once in a while, but definitely not on a daily basis. Which, honestly, saddens me a lot. :( If these are irritating you, you might have my issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick claims to have the pigment of a lipstick with the moisture of a chapstick. Um what can I say yes but no at the same time. let me explain. These were hard to come by. With such great reviews they were disappearing from the shelves. I ended up having to go to a rundown drugstore and the store displayed them in a dark corner, SCORE! I got two for less then 8 bucks each.
I got peach parfait and sugar plum one as a nice neutral and the other for color. the actual product looked rich in color but when i put it on it barely showed up on my lips. I did a swatch test on my hand like everyone here shows but that barely showed up too! You would assume it was beacause I have a dark complexion, though I am medium NC30 i thought atleast something called sugar plum would give me some sort of color.
BUT I still like this product if not for the color but for the moisture. Awesome moisture with out the nasty waxy aftertaste on my lips. This moisturizes better than the high end chapsticks and is faster acting too. Instant moisture with a hint of shimmer thats what i like.
Next time if i come across it again I have to go for a more bold color like red. But as a lipstick I think I have to wear two, this for the moisture and something else for the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thus far, I only have this product in Peach Parfait, but I do plan on picking up more of the shades. I really love the packaging for this product-it's just so cute. The balm itself is nice, but I do still need to use a moisturizing balm at night because this doesn't do much to moisturize my lips. It basically leaves a wash of glowy color. I'm sad that they're still a little hard to find, but I assume that these are a permanent addition to Revlon's line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MsTodman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like these lip butters. I'm not a lipstick wearer so I really appreciate the sheer, yet high pigmented colors. They're smooth and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are just what I expected- sheer, moisturizing color balms. That's a positive though! I don't think there are enough of this sort of product amongst drugstore brands. The color is buildable and goes on smoothly and evenly. They have coverage similar to Clinique Almost Lipstick, but they feel creamier. My only real complaint is the packaging- it's hard to get a good grip on the base to pull off the cap.
I've tried Pink Truffle and Fig Jam but will be trying more.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to have to give this a poor rating, but I tried the Strawberry Shortcake lip butter. I didn't have it on too long and my lips started drying out. I am a mature woman so it could be b/c of that. I have thin lips also.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The hype machine sucks me in again. So, this product was a bust for me. After weeks of hype, I finally stumbled across a display at my local Target. I picked up Sugar Frosting and Berry Smoothie. I was immediately let down that the nice quilted pattern is only on two sides of the cap--cheaper packaging decision. Then I noticed there's no easy way to grab the bottom--it's just bad ergonomics. Hard to get a good grip, as the bottom is very narrow and smooth. Anyway, let's move on to the actual product.

My first impression after applying both of these is that they're even MORE sheer than my favorite lip glosses. Bummer. The Berry Smoothie is a nice MLBB shade for me (and I have very unpigmented lips), but unfortunately the consistency of these is such that it will pool in the lines on you lips, which is pretty noticeable. I expected Sugar Frosting to give the lips a nice sheen and be moisturizing. It's not moisturizing enough to use as a balm alone, sadly.

Maybe not the choice for you if you have unpigmented lips. My fave glosses remain the CoverGirl Wetslicks (drugstore) and LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss (higher end)--both have beautiful, even pigment distribution without pooling or stickiness. No fave lipsticks, sadly. So these will be relegated to the back of my storage bin. Too bad--I wanted to love them.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No