April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, the hype on this is past ridiculous, I don't understand it at all. Yeah, they are in cutsie tubes (for what they cost this tube should be not be cutsie colored plastic), yeah, they are pigmented, at least the one I have.

However, these are not really lip butters, they are more of a sheer lipstick. I'm not saying that is bad, actually, for me that is a plus. Sheer lipstick in a darker color is easier to wear. Selection in a creme is quite limited, maybe 5 in all.

Will not rebuy.

Pros:
No smell or taste
Sheer
Texture more of a lipstick

Cons:
Ridiculous high price
Childish colored plastic case
Way too many light, frosty, cool colors that I can't wear
Not a butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are fabulous. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters behave simultaneously like a lip balm and a lipstick. It's unlike most tinted balms I've tried; sheer coverage that's often spotty. This is a buildable coverage lipstick that feels smooth and glossy and emmollient, not sticky at all. They smell mildly sweet, like marshmallows, but it's not an overwhelming, strong scent. They don't last forever on the lips, but they feel so good that I don't mind reapplying.

I have
Creme Brulee: Neutral nude. I thought it might be too warm for me, but it really is neutral. Not too pale. Not beige.
Peach Parfait: Peachy coral. Very shiny, with gold glitter. It doesn't feel gritty to me and it's not super, super obvious but if you're sensitive to bling, beware.
Strawberry Shortcake: Neutral pink. On the brighter side, but it's pretty sheer. Creme.
Gumdrop: Lavender, but not overwhelmingly so because it is so buildable and you can start off sheer. Creme.
Cotton Candy: Cool pale pink. Shimmer.
Cupcake: Not quite as cool, still pale pink. Subtle shimmer.
Pink Truffle: More brown than pink to my eye. Very nice and versatile.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by prettyaud

I am totally in love with this! I've never been one to wear lip products but recently they've been my obsession, and this is definitely my favorite! I had wanted to try this and I just happened to find it at Target one day when i had some extra cash so I jumped on this. I got Lollipop because I've been liking very pigmented colors and this is definitely a very pigmented hot pink with subtle sparkles. Its extremely moisturizing so it lasts about an hour for me but it fades to a nice stain so i'll apply this one hour and the next hour i'll go ever it with my eos and an hour later i'll reapply the lip butter. I have a bad habit of rubbing my lips together which i'm trying to break and i found that when i do that it leaves a ring around my lips but that's my own fault. I'm looking forward to trying different shades because i want to wear this everyday i love it so much but i don't want to become the girl who wears bright pink lipstick everyday XD. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed with other drugstore lipsticks after trying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CherylDavid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product. They are very moisturizing lip colors with a nice sheen. Definitely not over hyped. Perfect texture, not dry, yet not at all goopy. The shimmery colors are not at all grainy all very smooth. I'm completely sold on these. They are NOT tinted lip balms if that is what you are expecting. The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging, but it does make it easy to find the shade.
I bought a few different colors and I'm going to list them from from most favorite to least. I'm NW15 with Dark Auburn hair and Green eyes.
Fig Jam-beautiful reddish brown, very flattering. Reminds me of Black Honey.
Sugar Plum- sheer plum with a nice sheen.
Cherry Tart-sheer blue based red, a very wearable popsicle red. Gives a great healthy look.
Red Velvet-very wearable dark red.
Berry Smoothie-pretty sheer mauve-pink.
Peach Parfait-pretty light peach with shimmer that is not too glittery and not at all grainy.
Pink Truffle-nothing original or exciting to me. This has been described so many times already, but here goes... it is a great neutral pink brown....I think I would love it more if I didn't already own a few colors like this.
Strawberry Shortcake-This is very pigmented on me. Looks like a milky bubblegum pink
Cotton Candy-your basic warmish sheer pink with gold shimmer...again nothing original/exciting, but a good basic.
Lollipop-Creamy hot pink on the cool side....too bright for what I'm used to actually.
Candy Apple-pretty red, but a bit too orange on me, may put it away until the summer.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Evvyness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like these and I deff think they are moisturizing for my dry lips. I have two colors and berry smoothie is a great everyday color and is my MLBB color! :) They are a little more on the expensive side for drugstore lip products but look out for sales and coupons!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

After visiting 5 different CVS store, I finally was able to get my hands on Raspberry Pie and Candy Apple. I went for these colors because I was afraid the other ones might be too sheer. I tried them on right away when I got home. To my surprise, these are SOOO pigmented. Just one swipe and the colors showed up nicely on my lips. They are especially creamy and moisturizing. Usually lipsticks accentuate lines on my lips but these don't at all. The colors are pretty nice. Raspberry is a dark purple-ish pink on me, and candy apple is kinda orange red. I love them both. I'll look at some online swatches of other colors I'm interested in before picking them up.
They are on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% at CVS this week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I completely love these new lip butters! They are everything I have always wanted my listicks to be: smooth, creamy, moisturizing, and pretty! I have the colors cupcake, strawberry shortcake, and sweet tart. They are all pink shades and I definitely want to get a red and a nude at some point! These lip butters come in I believe 20 shades so there is a huge selection to choose from! Most people say these do not have a scent to them but I think they have the most perfect, slight, sweet, vanilla scent. I can't say enough good things about these... they are my latest obsession!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a lot of these, about 11 to be exact. They are overall very pigmented, and go on very smoothly. I have tan skin and pigmented lips already so there are a few colors that just didn't show up on me, berry smoothie, and creme brulee. Berry smooth is a pink mauve color with shimmer and creme brulee is almost a nude color. I took off one lippie for the fact that they don't last a very long time and fade after an hour or so. So I have to keep reapplying. A bit drying, I need to wear this with my jack black lip balm.

EDIT: I can't really wear these...the lasting power sucks, and they just keep drying my lips out too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely digging the lip butters, I bought them in 4 different shades since CVS was having a BOGO 50% sale for Revlon. I bought cupcake, creme brulee, pink truffle, and tutti frutti. My favorite is probably either cupcake or creme brulee. I like them because they glide on smoothly, have decent pigmentation, and aren't sticky at all. I don't think they are as moisturizing as a lip balms or chapstick or anything like that but they do alright in that field. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented so I do need a few layers for the color to show up. I find that they have 0 staying power though... that's not a huge bust for me since I reapply lip products constantly but for some people who don't want to do that may have a problem with these. Overall, I think they're pretty nice!
PROS: Good color selection, creamy, somewhat moisturizing, nice packaging (love how they click into place), decent pigmentation
CONS: little staying power, a bit higher price on the drugstore end of lip products but good if you can find a coupon/deal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fig Jam is the best sheer lipstick I have found! A perfect reddish brown, just my lips but more pronounced. It is very moisturizing. I find that I have to apply more frequently than I would like, but I love this color.