October 21, 2014 | 937 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thus far, I only have this product in Peach Parfait, but I do plan on picking up more of the shades. I really love the packaging for this product-it's just so cute. The balm itself is nice, but I do still need to use a moisturizing balm at night because this doesn't do much to moisturize my lips. It basically leaves a wash of glowy color. I'm sad that they're still a little hard to find, but I assume that these are a permanent addition to Revlon's line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MsTodman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like these lip butters. I'm not a lipstick wearer so I really appreciate the sheer, yet high pigmented colors. They're smooth and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are just what I expected- sheer, moisturizing color balms. That's a positive though! I don't think there are enough of this sort of product amongst drugstore brands. The color is buildable and goes on smoothly and evenly. They have coverage similar to Clinique Almost Lipstick, but they feel creamier. My only real complaint is the packaging- it's hard to get a good grip on the base to pull off the cap.
I've tried Pink Truffle and Fig Jam but will be trying more.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to have to give this a poor rating, but I tried the Strawberry Shortcake lip butter. I didn't have it on too long and my lips started drying out. I am a mature woman so it could be b/c of that. I have thin lips also.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The hype machine sucks me in again. So, this product was a bust for me. After weeks of hype, I finally stumbled across a display at my local Target. I picked up Sugar Frosting and Berry Smoothie. I was immediately let down that the nice quilted pattern is only on two sides of the cap--cheaper packaging decision. Then I noticed there's no easy way to grab the bottom--it's just bad ergonomics. Hard to get a good grip, as the bottom is very narrow and smooth. Anyway, let's move on to the actual product.

My first impression after applying both of these is that they're even MORE sheer than my favorite lip glosses. Bummer. The Berry Smoothie is a nice MLBB shade for me (and I have very unpigmented lips), but unfortunately the consistency of these is such that it will pool in the lines on you lips, which is pretty noticeable. I expected Sugar Frosting to give the lips a nice sheen and be moisturizing. It's not moisturizing enough to use as a balm alone, sadly.

Maybe not the choice for you if you have unpigmented lips. My fave glosses remain the CoverGirl Wetslicks (drugstore) and LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss (higher end)--both have beautiful, even pigment distribution without pooling or stickiness. No fave lipsticks, sadly. So these will be relegated to the back of my storage bin. Too bad--I wanted to love them.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I haven't really been inspired to search out a makeup product because I feel like I have so much already that there's just nothing I want. UNTIL NOW! Everyone was talking these up so I had to hunt them down immediately. I went to Target, Ulta, and Bartell's. All to no avail. Finally, while visiting my family a few hours away I found them in Ulta AND Target, even though there were only a few shades left. I bought Candy Apple and Strawberry Shortcake.
Candy Apple is perfect for me because I'm not a red-lip-wearer although I love the retro/pin-up look with winged eyeliner and red lips. This can be a very subtle red lip which is amazing for someone who feels weird about vibrant lip colors. It can also be bold, however, depending on how much you build it up. It's very moisturizing, too! (It's more of an orange under-toned red than a blue under-toned red.)
Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty pink. I wouldn't consider it to be cool-toned which I like because I look quite odd with cool pink lips. This is also very buildable, so it can be subtle or vibrant as well.
As a whole these products (as far as I've seen) are very moisturizing! They are also actually really pigmented, which I found to be a pleasant surprise. The packaging is very cute. They don't smell like their names, they sort of have a faint vanilla scent to them.
I want to buy more colors! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are great! I definitely get the hype. I have used many lipsticks and glosses over the years, and this is one of my favorites. It feels, when applied, somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick. There is no chance of this product "aging" you as some lipsticks can. It looks moist and shiny, but not overly "glossy", really, which i also consider a plus. Feels great. Lasts a decent amount of time. The packaging is nice, in my opinion, and the price is good. I bought one (in sugar plum-which is great) and then bought four more. A great drugstore find.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by microems

Makes my lips super smooth! I love the color pigmentation (berry smoothie, creme brulee, red velvet). Not sticky, not waxy but creamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have these in Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake.
Peach Partfait is a peachy pink with shimmer. I really like the color, but not the shimmer. It has a gritty texture unlike the other one I have.
Strawberry Shortcake is a light pink. It looks good on my fair skin. This one has a much better texture on the lips. It's creamy and moisturizing.
These are good and live up to most of the hype. They are soft and have tilted in their tube. I will not repurchase the shades I have but will probably try others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

The Revlon marketing folks scored an ace here. Name a product "moisturizing lipstick" meh, ok but name it a "lip butter" and all heck breaks loose. They must have been working with Paula Deen, because seriously butter makes everything better.

In all seriousness though, I think this is a decent product. Revolutionary, no. Ground breaking, no. Holy Grail, no...but decent yea. This is a good moisturizing lipstick, decent color selection, cute packaging. I got 4 colors, Pink Truffle, Candy Apple, Sugar Plum, and Red Velvet. Red Velvet is def my fav. Very pretty, very pigmented, wearable red with cooler undertone, but I think all skin tones could do this one. The wear was pretty good too, survived a turkey day meal and I had a nice stain on my lips afterwards. Pink Truffle pulled more pink on me to be an actual MLBB color. Candy Apple was a nice bright red with orange undertone. Sugar Plum just looked too dark for me, really got a deep berry tone on my lips. So all in all, here's my .02 on this hype of the moment product, do not wear yourself out trying to track these down. They will be permanent early next year. They are nice moisturizing lipsticks, but wait till you find them on sale, cause you know they will be... :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No