July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE** I friggen love this stuff. The scent is inoffensive and minimal (apparenlty I don't like frag in cosmetics), I find that I DON'T need balm underneath and the product stays longer and looks better by itself, and it doesn't dry out my lips. Still can't decide which one is my fave between Cotton Candy and Peach Parfait!

I love the packaging, very purse safe. I love the texture. The smell is not offensive. I love this stuff.

On me, cotton candy is my fav. It's sheer pink goodness that just enhances my lip color in a playful, sexy way. On me, its not overpowering or vivid, its a nice cotton candy sheen. Almost like I had perfect lips with some balm on. My fav. I like with or without Nivea balm underneath. I haven't noticed any drying.

Peach parfait is the runner up. It just gives my lips a warm glow with a kiss of glitter. I do find it a tad grainy.

The candy Apple doesn't work on me. Red lips are hard for me to pull of. This stuff ends up making me look jaundiced, lol.

Strawberry shortcake is too sheer on me. I like it, just not aanymore than a regular old lip balm or gloss.

Lollipop is my newest addition to my collection of Butters. I like this one! It's quite pigmented and I need a mirror to apply, but it's a nice fuschia on me. I also like to layer a swipe or two of this over Candy Apple to cool it down a little. THe staying power isn't great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by samii

I love these lip colors, they are so soft, moisturizing, and pigmented! I had trouble choosing between 4 colors: Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Tart, Candy Apple and Raspberry Pie. I ended up getting all 4, since they were buy one get one 50% off at CVS. I'm glad I got them all! I originally planned to try them out, and return the ones which didn't work, but all of them were just so perfect!

I have pale skin, usually the lightest or second lightest options, hazel eyes and light reddish brown hair. The colors look great on me, they go on smoothly even around my vertical labret (which makes it hard to apply some lipsticks/glosses).

One note: Raspberry Pie looks a little brighter than I expected, and out of all of them is the hardest to apply. Not that any are hard to put on, but I'd say it is the least easy :p

They all go on smoothly though, beautiful colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cosmoelectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the lip butters, I made a video on youtube w swatches of 4 shades in case anyone is interested:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I passed the display of these several times at my local CVS before caving to MUA's recommendations and I picked up Fig Jam, Red Velvet, and Pink Truffle. I really like the formula and the colours are better than I expected. They show up nicely with a single coat, unlike Burt's Bees tinted balms, and you can build the colour up to pretty much full coverage. I am a fan of brownish pinks and really like Pink Truffle. It reminds me a lot of Bobbi Brown's lipstick in "Brown" but with a lighter texture. A light coat of Red Velvet reminded me of Lipstick Queen's Medieval and a heavier coat is very flattering and not too pink - more of a brick red. I've only worn Fig Jam a couple of times and it shows up as a plummy brown on me, similar to Nars Gipsy, if I remember Gipsy correctly. I like the texture, it feels moisturizing but not greasy, and I can't really detect a smell or taste. I'm looking forward to wearing them during the colder months when my lips are dry and hope that they become part of the permanent Revlon line-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I blame MUA for making me want these. They were so raved about I had to try them. My coloring: pale, I think about an NW20 with pigmented lips that color shows up on easily. Most of the "universally flattering" lip colors I've tried like Clinique black honey or NARS dolce vita end up looking too orange-ish brown and dark on me so I do better with sheer pinks for an MLBB look.
These lip butters vary in pigmentation from color to color so I found them pretty unpredictable in how they look on lips vs. in tube and kind of of hit or miss.
These have a great texture and they do moisturize a little but won't be enough for super dry lips. Very faint vanilla scent, nice shine and very soft consistency (yes, like butter.) I ended up buying an embarassing amount of them thanks to sales and BOGOs:

Strawberry Shortcake: This one just did not work on me. I was hoping it would be a sheerer neutral pink, kind of like MAC's petting pink tinted lip balm, but it's not. It is a milky, cool/bluish, Barbie pink, and more opaque than I'd wanted. Like other reviewers mentioned it kind of sits on your lips and emphasizes any lines or dryness.

Sugarplum: One of my favorites, a sheer plum with not too much brown, much sheerer on than it looks in the tube.

Peach Parfait: A sheer peach with some subtle glitter. Looks like a less pigmented, less chunky- glittered version of NARS Orgsm gloss on me. I didn't like the Orgsm but I like this one.

Berry Smoothie: My other favorite, a sheer berry, cool toned, pinker than sugarplum but just as wearable.

Sugar Frosting: A sheer, frosty, pale pink. It a little too pale for my lips, and I wish it were a bit shinier. It needs to be worn with more dramatic eyes or it will wash me out.

Creme Brulee: A shimmery beige that is a bit more opaque than sugar frosting. Did nothing for me. Washed me out and made my lips disappear. I returned it.

Sweet Tart: I was hoping for a sheer bright pink and I think that's how most people would describe this color but it was a bit too opaque and fuschia for me. I returned it.

Candy Apple: A pretty, sheer orangeish red. I was worried it might pull too orange on me but it's an easy to wear red for those (like me) who are a little scared of bright makeup.

Pink Truffle: A very pretty pink/brown, semi sheer and a true MLBB color. I really like this for work, it's subtle and polished looking and easy to reapply without a mirror.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

These were pretty difficult to find, but I finally ran into them at target and walgreens..both displays were looking pretty empty. I got strawberry shortcake..which is a pretty 'Barbie' pink... It would probably look better on lighter skin. I'm an NC25-30, and a sheer coat looks good, anything more it starts to look a little tacky, especially since my lips are pigmented to begin with. I love the texture of these though! And the shine is just right..very flattering. I then managed to pick up the candy apple shade a few hours later. It's much more pigmented.. Very pretty, great looking sheen. The consistency of these is just so nice! Not sure about wear yet.. Having to reapply isn't something that really bothers me though.

The packaging is okay..it's cute, nothing outrageously special. I like the regular colorburst packaging more. The price is fair, although I would recommend finding a deal or some coupons, full price is pushing it. Overall, good product... for more pigment, go for darker colors. Also, as compared to maybellines baby lips...these knock them out of the park!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I have nine of these so far, and plan to get more. I like the texture of the product -- very moisturizing -- and the sheerness of many of the colors (some are more opaque). I also like the variety, and compiled a list of the colors:

Pink Truffle
Sweet Tart
Creme Brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tinygumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have four of these so far!

The lippie itself in general has already been described quite well, so I'll just talk about the specific shades I own:

Red Velvet: Gorgeous, easily wearable red. Pulls cranberry/brick red on me. Whenever I wear red lips out, I feel like everyone's staring *paranoid* Not with this one though! Perfect red.

Pink Truffle: Very MLBB on me! Doesn't pull too brown like other reviewers have claimed. Slightly deeper than my natural lips with a wonderful sheen to it.

Gumdrop: I just HAD to get this one. It's too cute! Lavender in color, but it's very wearable. With one or two swipes, it's a purple-ish sheen to the lips. Sort of how a sheer light pink looks--but purple. If you wanna amp up the lavender, a couple more swipes and a coat of Lilac Pastelle gloss.

Sweet tart: I absolutely love this punchy, bright, but not in your face pink. The one con I will say is that it make my not-yellow-teeth look less than white :|

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I hope Revlon continues to manufacture these lip butters, & amp the marketing of them! I bought two since yesterday: Creme Brulee and Brown Sugar (I'm in the mood for pearly/frosty brown tones...)---These are perfect, I esp. love Brown Sugar. What really lured me was the lip butter quality- My lips have been perpetually chapped/flaking/peeling since the beginning of Nov. I'm not one just to stop at chapstick. I need color, a little sparkle! No regular l/s has worked, and when I tried these, my lips were instantly releived, and the color payoff is nice! It's not long-lasting, who cares; right now I'm more concerned with having pretty color + soft, smooth lips! Thank you so much Revlon!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that this would be a replacement for my favorite now discontinued Neutrogena moistureshine lip sheer. Unfortunately it isn't. The color payoff is nice, but the formula is more waxy than creamy. It reminds me more of the Covergirl naturluxe gloss balms and leaves my lips feeling a little sticky. The tube of lipstick itself is extremely wide making it very clunky and difficult to apply with any precision. This would be fine for a lip balm, but for something with this much pigment its a real pain. Unless you whip out the lip liner and lip brush it just ends up looking sloppy. I wanted something less high maintenance from a sheer lipstick like this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No