September 21, 2014 | 976 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

First off I only bought this because I was impressed by the pretty coral tube. It goes on nicely but this mascara flakes off so bad! I've never had this problem before, i notice it under my eyes a couple hrs after i put it on and after 8 hrs of wear omg I look scary. I will never buy this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised how much I like this. Usually I'm not impressed with Maybelline mascaras. I agree that it does have a Rose smell, but I actually like it. I like the brush more than Lash Blast, and it does seem to define each lash, one by one! Cute colors on the tube too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara did not go on my lashes easily - not buildable - another bad Maybelline mascara goingh in the trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by echarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascarra! I have short lashes that need a lot of help! I bought this brand in the water proof (it helps hold the curl of my lashes better) and it truly emphasizes every lash! I have tried probably every mascarra on the market ( I am also a make-up artist) and for the price I was very impressed! I will buy this one again for sure!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, I'm not really impressed with this mascara. I have the non-waterproof version, and I can only use it on my top lashes or it flakes horribly. I don't find it really volumizes lashes and even with all the bristles on the brush, I still get little clumps at the tip of my eyelashes. So its an average mascara, but what I can't stand is the smell. It has a strong rose scent, and because the formula is really wet, it takes a while for it to dry and the smell never really seems to go away. I will not be repurchasing.

Edit: I've stopped using this as it made my lashes kind of crispy and they started to fall out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tela096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this, it somewhat reminds me of Covergirl Lashblast (in my case that's good since CG Lashblast is my holy grail). The product claims to give "bold & refined volume". I will agree that my lashes definitely look more defined but as for bold, I don't see it. This mascara gives off a more natural look vs dramatic. I get a good amount of length, nothing too crazy and because its a plastic brush, the application comes on more smooth and less clumpy & I had no clumps at all using this. For a quick rundown this is what I have so far in pros/cons:

PROS:
    - No clumping
    - Holds a curl (I am using the waterproof version)
    - defines my lashes

CONS:
    - Opposite of bold volume as the product claims; if you've tried The Falsies, you'll like that more for pigmentation because this isn't as dark
    - Has a slight smell
    - If you want dramatic lashes, this might not be for you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hands down, by far the best drugstore mascara I have tried. I even like it better than some of my expensive mascaras. I have pretty decent lashes, but they are light and sometimes they go all which ways. I also have a tendency to smudge it on my eyelid. I have full control over the wand, it lifts and curls, it does not irritate my eyes or contacts and the product isn't watery, leaving a ton of it on the brush. I love this mascara and I intend to buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was shopping for a mascara as I had left my "My Biggest Lashes" at our other house (perhaps on purpose so I would need to get a new mascara!). I was in Walgreens yesterday waiting for a prescription to be ready and went up and down the makeup aisles. This was on an end cap display as something new from Maybelline. Maybelline eye makeup was buy one get one 50% off. I had actually wanted to try the new Revlon mascara that makes your eyelashes grow and that was also buy one get one 50% off, but there was nothing else I wanted from Revlon, so I went for this. I thought about the other thing to get from Maybelline and considered the Falsies mascara, but I worried that it would clump, so I played it safe and got an eyeshadow single in Turquoise Jewel, an eyeshadow I lost on a cruise more than 2 years ago that I missed.

Okay, first me. I have long lashes and plenty of them that already look good and could use some thickening but I'm fine with just enhancement as long as there is no clumping. This mascara did not clump and did separate my lashes well and enhance them. I bought the non-waterproof version and tried it on in the parking lot and it worked great. The formula is just the right consistency to give me naturally defined eyelashes. They are not stiff or spidery and the blackest black really is a very very black black. I look really good. So why the overall rating of 3 and no I won't buy again? It smells awful! The smell of this is just so chemically that I thought for sure I got one that had gone bad. I took it back to Walgreens and showed it to the customer service lady and she said she has the same mascara and this is how it smells. She said all other volumizing mascaras from Maybelline smell like this. So, I will use this as it does work well. But the smell is something I don't think I could live with as it doesn't go away for a very long time after applying. I think about 45 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by SupernovaSky

This is my new favorite mascara for a natural look.

I have the waterproof version and it really holds a curl all day with no flakes. The very black color is indeed, VERY black. The wand is magnificent...no excess product, and it separates EVERY LASH. This brush is far superior to the CG Lash Blast brush.

However, this is not a mascara for those wanting 'wow' lashes or a very dramatic look. It doesn't lengthen too well or thicken the lashes very much. It does however come through on it's promise to separate and define the lashes One-by-One.

I love it! But for night time I will stick to mascaras that provide a more dramatic effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by hwatkins8278

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVVVEEEEE One by One. this is so awesome. I didnt want to wash it off!! the length and volume is so awesome. I would use this during the day. it looks natural but yet soooo beautiful. and Falsies Drama. at night. that show more of a DRAMATIC look. Maybelline I love you. You are getting BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!