October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by marinesgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow- this is my HG to end all HG's!!

I have combo skin that gets really oily on my forehead and nose. I use Colorstay, and that works great, but it's quite thick and heavy.

I recently purchased MUFE HD to get a lighter finish, however that stuff made me oily like no other- it just slipped off my face.

Someone rec'd this for me as an alternative to the MUFE, and I am SO glad I tried it! It is rather expensive, however I'm willing to pay good money to have my skin look this awesome.

I apply this with Sephora's Platinum airbrush foundation brush (#55), and it gives me flawless, even, beautiful coverage. I set with MUFE HD powder, and my skin does look airbrushed!

The staying power on this is great- it doesn't slip off or transfer to my phone (which I HATE), and I don't have to blot until I get home from work, which is amazing for me. I also find that cream blushes are easier to apply with this- with the MUFE HD, they would make me look even greasier, and with the colorstay, they would be impossible to blend. This awesome foundation just lets them blend right in and gives me that 'glowy' look that we all love.

This stuff ROCKS. Totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jhechols

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used so many foundations trying to find one that matched, and worked well with my skin. I saw this on the Chanel site and it sounded very nice. I went and checked it out at my local Chanel counter, got matched, and got a sample. I didn't think the color matched when I saw the match in the store. I was matched in B20, which looked too dark. When I got home with my sample I was surprised to find it a perfect match. I've never been matched so perfectly. One of the primary draws of this foundation is the radiance. You don't really hear a lot about it, but it's GORGEOUS.

I was a little apprehensive about buying a $45 foundation in a plastic bottle, but it's truly very portable and very substantial. The packaging feels so small even though it's your average 30ml (1 fl oz.)

It is SPF 15, which concerns me as far as pictures go, but it's so gorgeous on the skin it's worth it.

I tried this with L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, and the result was not too desirable. It just didn't look as fresh and beautiful. I would recommend putting it on bare skin.

So this is my new favorite foundation. A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I definitely suggest getting a sample and seeing how you like it yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by trinity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! I chose B10 for my pale yellow-toned skin. Pretty good match. I am Armani LSF 3 in winter and can go to 4 in summer -- B10 may be too light in the coming months.
I wanted something lighter than a regular foundation, but something with a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. ( face fabric I am talking about you LOL). This is it! Shake shake shake the bottle. I apply it over a light layer of Guerlain meteorites primer. I've tried it with and without loose finishing powder - it lasts all day either way. It looks like skin, not foundation!

Love this stuff for a quick no makeup look. Add a little mascara & gloss and this is my 5 minute face. If you can find a color match it is well worth the money. However, the high alcohol content may irritate some skin- sample first if possible!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought in B30. I think I am between the shades B30-B40, but I dont like going darker in foundations because my skin is oily and it makes my skin look muddy if I go darker. This gives a matte soft glowy finish. It evens out your skin, but it does not give full coverage. It is a sheer to light-medium finish. It is good if you find the right color match. The color is a real beige. I wish it had more yellow in it. I would love to try beige amber but thats a canada exclusive.

I use DiorSkin Nude 21, Origins Warm Beige, Shu Uemura in 964, Becca in Olive and Sand. I used to use MAC NC 25 before I decided I did not like the peachy/slight orange tint it left on me. I have light-medium skin with light-medium yellow-olive undertones (Carribbean mixed hispanic). I tan a dark gold/light bronze shade and since I have a bit of color this shade looks fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by twilightdust1920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To those of you looking for a going out foundation, this is not it. It is however, the best everyday foundation I have ever encountered (I've tried MUFE hd, Vitalumiere, Diorskin Nude, prolumiere, MUFE face & Body). Why do I love this foundation?

First of all I don't feel like I'm wearing any makeup. Never at any point during the day will I feel heavy and cakey (which is difficult with my oily-combo skin!). The texture is similar to the MUFE Face and Body-like whipped gel- but without the horrible nursing home smell and plastic finish. I actually prefer to use my hands with this foundation (previously unheard of) because it goes on the same as if I use a brush; because the texture is so thin and airy, you really can't go cakey or uneven. MAKE SURE TO SHAKE WELL OR YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE FULL EFECT!

Now most people here including myself have mentioned its light texture, but don't think that this means low coverage (It's up there with MUFE HD). This has got to be one of the most pigmented foundations I have come across. It manages to cover up most of my redness and flaws, I don't even need concealer! That's what makes this foundation so unique; it's ability to cover WHILST maintaining a natural, barely there feel.

Those of you familiar with the Vitalumiere range will find this product somewhat of an anomaly. This foundation is not at all dewy, it's more of a satin matte look-it looks like natural beautiful silky skin (no shimmer). I find that with the light texture and satin finish of this foundation I am less oily during the day and do not have the need for powder! Miracles do exist! This does mean that it probably wont be well suited for you dry skinned girls-but hey, I can live with that ;P

If the finish came as quite a surprise to you vitalumiere fans, you can't imagine how I felt when I saw that Chanel finally came out with a foundation yellow enough for my skin. Beige Ochre 20 is the PERFECT match for my pale, warm skin- imagine, pale AND yellow! This is better than that time we landed on the moon.

I must confess I love it. My skin looks so smooth and polished-like porcelain, and with no effort on my part whatsoever. I did initially think it was too matte, but once the foundation has settled it actually gave me a a beautiful healthy (subtle) glow. I say give it a chance, wait a couple of minutes, its worth it. As for the smell, I really have no sensitivity issue and don't find it at all offensive. To those of you who loved this foundation but could not deal with the smell I suggest you try the DIorNude skin, which has a similar finish (slightly thicker though)

this has become a staple for me; its low maintenance (No need for brush, concealer or powder!), its natural looking, light, has great coverage, has SPF and just dreaammy:) It smoothes out my face so nicely and basically does what you wish an ideal foundation did: make you look like your skin is naturally flawless.

39 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ratzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It had so high expectations for this foundation. And boy, did it look fabulous on my skin! BUT after wearing it for just a few hours, my skin became swollen, red, and warm like I had a fever... I think I am allergic to the perfume in this foundation.
Never, ever going to buy a Chanel foundation again!!!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For what it's worth, I like Chanel skin care products but I had never ventured into their foundations, but today I was sort of encouraged to try the new Vitalumiere Aqua, so I was given a few sample sachets and I decided that I would give it a try.

So far, it has lasted 8 hours on me with no signs of separating or oxidizing. The color that was chosen for me was B20 (Beige - Tendre). I find it to be slightly yellow, but not very yellow, so those with a strong pull towards yellow undertones might be slightly disappointed, but for most skins, the shade range is quite versatile.

The foundation does have fragrance in it, but that's of little consequence to me. Obviously, if you have fragrance sensitivity, you're not seeking Chanel in any form or fashion. I felt like this didn't deserve to have any points taken off for that because it's well known that Chanel has fragrance in their products.

So after eight hours, I can say that the finish is something like a luminous finish, without being shiny or having sparkles. It looks fresh after eight hours as well, which is really quite fascinating. It doesn't look greasy or heavy and it has a beautifully light texture. I can't feel any foundation on my face like I do with some of my other foundations. I even ran my fingers over my face just now (clean fingers) and I don't really feel the texture of the foundation. It's absolutely lovely.

Chanel has created a winner with this foundation. I'll probably be switching once I finish my sample sachets.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing things here and there about this foundation and I decided to try it out last time I was perusing the mall. I have oily skin and I didn't find that this foundation dried me out nor made me more oily. It is a light-weight foundation akin to MAC F&B, except oil-free. I like the fact that it comes in a plastic bottle which makes it less bulky and slightly cheaper ($45 in the US).

The only complaint I have is that the shade I chose (B20 Beige-Tendre) is a little too pink for my taste. I'm a C30 in MAC, 021 Linen in Dior, so my skin is pretty yellow. If you have strong yellow undertones, you may not find a perfect match with this foundation line. Other than that, I think this foundation is great for anyone looking to buy a light oil-free foundation that looks natural. It's definitely worth trying or at least getting a sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was interested in this foundation when I read that the lovely Chanel models in one of the runway shows sometime last year were using it- their skin looked amazing, and so the seed was planted in my brain. I have been using Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer for a long time- My skin is combo, prone to light breakouts if i'm not super careful, but generally clear. I just like to have something to even everything out. I expected to love Vitalumiere Aqua, and was mostly right.

The formula is lovely- very silky and light. I can't feel it on my skin at all. The finish is the most natural of any foundation I have ever used- if applied properly, it is undetectable on skin. It seems to last quite a while (I set it with Urban decay's setting spray and a light dusting of powder on my t-zone/nose/chin) Though I'm not sure how it would hold up in the warmer weather, as it's been cold lately. It covers very well for how lightweight it is, but is definitely not full coverage. I'd say it was a good solid medium coverage. I also really love the bottle- it's compact, but still holds the usual amount of product, and is a hygienic squeeze bottle that doesn't leak. My only qualm is the price (yeesh) but I'd say it is entirely worth it. so overall I am very pleased with this product. note- It hasn't broke me out yet, but I'll update this if it does.

Updated from a 4 to a 5- I love this product more and more every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For the life of me I can't understand HOW people like this foundation! It is so drying. It goes on smoothly and then you can watch your face shrivel up. One of the main ingredients is straight alcohol - what is that all about?! As I read in a review for the latest Clarins foundation: "alcohol in foundation seems to be a disturbing new trend, i.e., DiorSkin Nude Liquid, Teint Miracle, Vitalumiere Aqua, and now Skin Illusion." It's so true - I tried that Dior one and it did exactly the same to my skin - then I noticed it had alcohol as the 3rd ingredient.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No