MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 11/7/2010 8:51:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of a product that wouldn't melt off my face or transfer after working 8 hours under bright lights..and because it's MAC I thought the quality would be great considering I usually just use pharmacy foundations. It didn't live up to my expectations. I think the consistancy isn't the greatest, it doesn't cover as much as I'd like and it's not very blendable. The color NC15 matches my skin fairly well but overall I would not buy again for the $29 I paid for it, I could have bought 2x what I usually wear for better results.

on 11/6/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like this foundation; it wasn't easy to blend and it made my face feel really tight after a while. Also a bit cakey effect on me. Returned it to the store.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Has this fresh dewy look to it not too matt which is perfect. NC35 matched me perfect as I am an NC40 in the studio fix. However, this foundation broke me out terribly as all MAC foundations do. I really wanted to keep this foundation but I had to take it back. I am not oily so not sure why this didnt work with me.

on 11/5/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

The nc 42 in the pro long is lighter than in the studio fix, which i like because the nc42 in the studio fix has an orangey cast to it, where this is more yellow.

The coverage is medium, it doesnt feel heavy, and it has a satin finish.
It lasts for about 8 to 10hours on me. I like the color match better than revlon colorstay in golden caramel 360, although color stay actually last all day for me. So far I havent experienced any breakouts which I usually get from mac products

This washes me out in pictures.

on 11/5/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm usually a NC40 in MAC but for some reason it was toon dark/orangy... so I went with the NC35...big mistake! I used this foundation the night of my cousins wedding which I was maid of honor... and in all the pictures I have the "ghost face"! Grrr... I should have listened to peoples reviews about the difference in colors! And for being called "longwear" it didn't last that long... I had to touch up after 3 hours! So no I will NOT repurchase! But I loved the fact that this foundation came with a pump already! It beats paying $5 for it!

on 11/5/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always been a daily MMU wearer after having failed attempts with foundations like MUFE HD and MAC face and body. I'm in school sometimes from 9 in the morning until 10 at night and none of my liquid foundations could ever hold up that long. The only reason I preferred MMU over my liquid is because half way through the day I can reapply it at school whereas I don't have that option with liquid foundation and I wouldn't want to go through that hassle anyways. With ALL that being said, I adore this foundation!I apply it with my fingers and it lasts the ENTIRE school day for me and when I work, it withstands the heat of a hot restaurant kitchen and me running all over. I am now an official liquid foundation convert, at least to PLW. I'm an NC15 and I wish I could compare it to ELDW but they just didn't have a match for me. It's okay though, because I'm very very happy with this foundation!

on 11/4/2010 4:03:00 PM

I am giving this a 4, however that's taking into account that I honestly never expect to find a foundation that's a 5.

Color - I was bummed that this does not come in NW 15, and was worried about the color selection since usually MAC foundations oxidize way too dark on my super pale self. When I first apply this foundation (like, in a blob) it looks way too yellow, but when I blend it it looks good. The lightest ELDW is a better match for my skin theoretically, but it looks more obvious that I'm wearing makeup than the Pro Longwear.

Wear - I have gotten more compliments on my skin, and felt better about my appearance in pictures, than with any other foundation. It does stay on quite well (comparable to ELDW), but doesn't quite live up to the 15 hour marketing statement. Keep in mind that I am Captain Oilface, but am still pretty satisfied with the staying power. The feeling of it on your face and application is also pretty similar to ELDW...perhaps PL is a little creamier on the application front, and not quite as mask-like. It actually seems to do better WITHOUT setting powder?

Bottom line - application is good, staying time is good, and even though I was initially really worried about the color selection this does not leave me looking like a Simpson. I like!

on 11/4/2010 1:54:00 AM

I should have known better. I've tried several Mac foundations both powder and liquid and I always end up with bad skin. I thought maybe since this one was new the formula might be a bit different but alas, I was wrong. I wore it once, over my Nars primer, took it off at the end of the day and the next morning my face looked like hell.

I do like the bottle with the pump, it's great, it has good coverage, feels a bit tacky if not set with a powder and it did stay on really well all day long. Although I'm normally an NC30 my MUA matched me to NC25 on this one. I do not like the way it photographs one bit, but that might be because I'm used to my MUFE. All in all, it's a good foundation if Mac doesn't give you breakouts, mine is going back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am NC 15 and this didn't work for me at all. Too dark.

on 11/4/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I usually mix one pump of NC42 and two pumps of NC40 in SFF to get the color I want, I am Latin so i have yellow tan undertones, very yellow, even though i was not happy with SFF because I am very oily and doesn't last alld ay, but I love the coverage and well are yellow based so it has been my best option, about this new foundation the NC42 is a little bit lighter than the SFF but has more orange on it, and the NC40 is more orange than the also than SFF, I did had to buy the 2 again to get a better match for my skin, but the NC40 is more orange than the SFF so i return it for the NC35 but still I did not get the color i wanted so now i am mixing the NC40 SFF with NC42 PL and the color is a better match for me like that, I will check the NC30 and see if is yellow enough to mix it with the NC42 :( this foundation is very mat and I love that !!! I don’t even need to set it with powder, it does last more than 8 hours, the SFF after 4 hours it was melting on my face and need it to powder, the coverage is less than the SFF fluid though :( but I still like it better because it last and is matte, probably will not be good for very dry skin or if you have any flaky skin from acne treatments or dry skin on pimples, it will make it look worse, overall I will buy it again until now it is the best foundation I have ever try and I try it allllll, Lancôme, estee lauder, MUFE, cover fx, dermablend, shiseido,chanel, agghhhh , so I am happy now!

Video Reviews & Tutorials