October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Roseanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My doctor prescribed this for me because my skin on my arms is so dry it is bleeding under the surface and erupting (Ew!) and it helps with that, but the important thing is that it turns my face into velvet. I love this as a facial moisturizer and the scent is so very mild (I know it says it's fragrance free, but it lies it still smells like lotion). It also doesn't seem to flake or dry and crisp off of me like I've had other moisturizers and lotions do. Also it doesn't just sit on top of the skin, it really seeps in and doesn't leave a film. And despite all of its moisture it is not oiily on my skin at all, not even on my nose which gets oily easily. It's my holy grail of moisturizers *except* that it has no sunscreen in it! I don't know if they make one that does have some in it, but I have the tub so it will be a while before I get any more... if you buy any get the tube or the pump! The tub is kinda gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by KayMarie1009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Stuff! I used a really drying mask on my face, and normally its fine but because of the winter weather my skin was EXTRA dry, my daily moisturizer wasnt cutting it and my face was unable to bounce back.I tried Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream as creams are suppose to be thicker and more moisturizing than lotions and I was VERY pleased! Because it is a cream and its a little heavier I would say to use only at night. Its kind of pricey at $11 but you get a lot and its really great if you use any kind of mineral foundation. The only con (for me) is that it isnt the most sanitary as it comes in a jar and you have to dip your fingers in each time. But for the most part I LOVE IT. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ali723

this is a really good cream. it is perfect for when my normal/combo skin gets dry in the winter. it may not be moisturizing enough for people with very dry skin, but i really like it because it is creamy but not heavy or greasy. i use it morning and night in winter with no breakouts. my only regret is that i didn't get the smaller version in the tube. i don't like having to dip my fingers in the jar, but it's huge and should last a long time. great deal for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by teenystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an MD still in residency, and I spent a month training in a dermatologist's office. He recommended this to everyone that came through the doors! You could definitely tell which patients were using the cream. They had much smoother skin and fewer problem areas. I starting using it myself every day head-to-toe right after my shower. I'm happy with the results. My skin is velvety soft, my face is dewy and smooth. My only gripe is that it takes a while to absorb on my face, and my eyes can be puffy in the mornings if I use too much in that area. I have no idea why I'd use anything more expensive when this cream works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by candyrosepetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! I have developed dry skin in the winters and decided two weeks ago I needed something to fix it asap. So while I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a huge tub of this for like 5 bucks (it was the Equate brand, but I knows its exactly the same as the Cetaphil so that's why I'm rating it on here). I started slathering it on that night. I typically put one good sized glob on, wait a few minutes and apply another and then a thick one before bed. I love it so much and my foundation no longer flakes as it did before I began using this. Can't rave enough on this product! Definitely is something I'll always keep on hand (and use every day/night) and may even be one of my HG products! A+

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by burghal

I need an inexpensive, fragrance free non-comedogenic moisturizer. A big jar of this product was on sale for $6.99, so I grabbed it. I must say I was very disappointed. The packaging is a pain and not very hygenic, but the price was too tempting. This left my face feeling waxy and I woke up with blackheads, it just sits on my face and never feels like it's moisturizing or sinking in, and it's pretty light for a cream, didn't feel rich at all, just like a lotion with added thickeners. Not wanting to waste the product, I decided to use it after showering, but even that didn't work out as it really didn't moisturize my skin, just coated it, and actually made me kind of itchy. I'm going to use it as a foot cream and won't be repurchasing. Too bad, because I really wanted to like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by gracious5

Mid 30's and my skin is going downhill kinda fast. I've got dry skin, large pores, acne scaring and increasing fine lines. I've tried other creams and severely broke out with cystic acne. I needed a basic simple moisturizer and after reading the reviews, thought I'd try it. Love it!!! Very moisturizing and very dewy. Applied my BE makeup and no flakes, which I usually get, and still the dewy glow. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by emalc

I'm thrilled I found this moisturizer. I was just prescribed differin, and need something to combat the dryness. It definitely helps my skin feel so much better - although I prefer it as a night-time only moisturizer. I used it today during the daytime, and I was reaaaaalllly shiny, even after I would blot. When I use it only at night I don't have any problems with oilyness during the daytime. I love this, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mcheuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product for my dry skin in the winter. It's thicker for the winter (I wouldn't use this in the summer), and restores moisture like a dream. I found that after a few weeks of use, I didn't even need to use it daily! The only negative is that I would prefer it to be a little greasier/smoother, like Ponds, b/c it would make a better makeup base. Great packaging b/c it's small enough and stands upright to not take up too much space in my bathroom, plus it's hygienic b/c it's a squeeze tube rather than a jar. I got this product b/c I am acne-prone and it was recommended on acne.org. I have not had any breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

*Note I purchased Green Packaging mid-2007 (still some left ) apparently the new version has some differences so my review is based solely on the moisturizing 'tub' w/the green label.* To be fair I bought this while going through extreme Accutane dry-face effects and slathering this on was the only way to moisturize my usually oily skin. That said this is cold-cream texture and best used under severe weather conditions or on your hands - and why not - your feet as well. Thick creamy consistency, that when applied will disappear on dark skin without leaving white streaks BUT looks so incredibly oily (though oil-free/non-comedogenic)!!!. Skip if you are oily, only recommended if you are going through a severe dry spell, free-basing retin-A etc,. It is very eye friendly - mine are supersensitive - takes off makeup well and is a good multipurpose moisturizer - generally at night unless as I've said you have a dry-skin medical issue.