Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 3/29/2011 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After going back and forth between the Clarisonic Mia and the Olay Pro-X, there is absolutely no comparison between the two: The Clarisonic is by far superior in achieving improvement in skin clarity and texture.

The Olay Pro-X is about on par with using a washcloth, IMHO. I actually was using washcloths before I became convinced I needed to try these products. lol.

Clarisonic performs some sort of skin-voodoo. Me like-y.

***Positive Mia-Affirming Update 1/2015:
For about six months last year I neglected to use my Mia because I ran out of replacement heads. Truth be told, I was getting sick of pain to replace them. I broke down and bought new ones and begin using the Mia again: The positive difference it made in my skin after week was nearly astounding. I think it's one of those things like Retin-A that you need to keep using it despite the inevitable and eventual plateau you will reach with skin clarity and improved skin texture. When you quit using it the effects slowly go away…you just have to keep it up.

on 3/28/2011 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Mia didn't work out for me at all. I don't think that it is a bad product it's just not for me. I have very sensitive, oily skin with occasional breakouts. My skin couldn't take the Mia twice a day or once a day. I tried it with 3 different cleaners and all of them dried my face out made my pores larger and irritated the heck out of my skin. I didn't want to try out the delicate brush head because I already paid a pretty penny for the Mia. All the Mia did for me was deep clean my face but I can use my facial sponge for that.

on 3/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works really well. I use the delicate brush.

Edit: I don't find myself using this as often as I thought I would. My skin hasn't improved greatly.

The first two weeks, I wasn't too impressed: okay, my skin felt very clean and the exfoliation was nice, but nothing THAT spectacular. Maybe I had exaggerated expectations due to the rave reviews. I thought my skin would be porcelain perfect, haha. But then, after I forgot the charger at my friends house and had to stop the treatment for a week, I suddenly saw a HUGE difference the way my skin looked without the Clarisonic. I could tell that my skin looked SO much drier and facial lines were MUCH more visible, I believe this was because the products didn't sink into the skin like they did with prior exfoliation and thus weren't as effective anymore.
I also noticed that my skin looked so dull and also a little flaky in comparison (I use a 10% AHA cream).
The bottom line is: once you have seen and felt the before and after effect, you don't want to go back to your regular exfoliation. Just keep in mind that the results don't come overnight, but they will come within a month. Even my husband loves to use this little gadget and I can tell that his wrinkles (he's 47) look less prominent because his skin absorbs the moisturizer so much better after he used the Clarisonic.

i am in love with this thing!
i have been using it for a couple of days now and i can definitely see a difference- my pores are smaller, the deep pimples that are very stubborn is finally disappearing and my skin feels sooo soft.
i would buy this product again if it ever breaks because this is my new HG- it's so worth the money!:)

on 3/26/2011 1:39:00 AM

I'm pretty shocked that I didn't get the deep skin pimples yet...but then again I've only been using this for 2 days. My skin is pretty much the same. I will update in a while and see if it made a difference. Would not buy again and hope it won't break that easily. New heads, yes but the machine should be ok for a long time. Will stop if anything goes wrong. Sephora has an excellent return policy : )
Update...OMG...I really like this product!!! I've worked out a really good plan.
1. Remove makeup with oil until no trace left. I know that it says that we can use this to remove makeup...blah blah blah...u really shouldn't. Y? Because during the time that the brush is working it will open up your pores and y the heck would you want the things you're gonna remove go into your pores? So yes, remove your makeup!!!
2. Use a nice foaming soap...ok...I know you're not supposed to but...with a foaming soap you can be sure to kill all the bacteria and SEE what you missed if you missed a spot on your face so you can have a better result.
3. I use my acne wash that doesn't foam...and I've been using it for more than a year and I still love it. Hey, if it aint broke, stick with it! : )
4. Since all of the previous steps are really drying, if you are a person that breaks out and uses acne medicine...it's best that you find a good moisturizer. Find a moisturizer that works even before you use the brush. Find one that works and then use the brush so that you won't introduce 2 things at once. Who knows you skin might react to the moistuizer and not the brush?
5. Make sure to dry the brush properly after use. Dry it just like how you would charge it; the brush side up. Drying the water between uses to ensure that the bacteria doesn't live on your brush.
6. Last but not least, don't use it more than 2 times per day unless you've got a badass moisturizer!

Use, hate or love it...just get it in a store that has a good return policy I.e Sephora. If it doesn't work then at least you won't regret missing out on something that could potentially be great. Wow...hope this helps future users...a bit extensive I know lol...
2nd update; turned out to be a bit harsh for the long run. Got an amazing peel...I know they are not the same thing but...using this and the peel is a bit too much for me. I think I'll return it to Sephora after my tests. It didn't break me out...I just like the peel better than this so for my delicate skin's sake...I'll have to let it go.

on 3/23/2011 11:17:00 PM

I thought this product was super expensive but b/c of all the rave reviews, i figured it would be worth it and it was. I had this weird pimple that just wouldn't go away and normally my pimples go away pretty fast. This one was super stubborn. I used my mia with my b.kamins vegetable cleanser. After 2 days of using it, the pimple was gone! =) so happy

on 3/19/2011 10:29:00 AM

Clarisonic has changed my skin! I've been using it for about a year and the transformation has been amazing. It exfoliates without being harsh, has cleared up my clogged pores/blackheads and evened out my skintone. I never wash my face without it. I have bought one for both my sister and mom and highly recommend it to everyone. Love the mia because it fits perfectly in my shower-organizer caddy in my shower. The charge lasts for weeks. If/when the one I have dies on me, I will immediately buy a new one.

on 3/18/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited for about two months before reviewing. After the first week of use, I was ready to return..but waited. Instead of using it 2x a day, I swithed to 1x at night. I find this, so far, has been the only thing to take off all of my make-up/sunscreen ect. Yes, my face purged like crazy at first...for about 3 weeks. I knew it would end, & I didn't mind too much. I was glad all the crap was finally coming out. The biggest difference has been the texture of my skin. Extremly smooth. Break-outs have now settled down. Really glad I kept it, as I wasn't sure if my sensitive skin could take it. May switch to the delicate brush after this one wears out, but so far my skin has finally adapted to it.

on 3/18/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I havent noticed any dramatic changes in my skin but it does deep clean well. i used to use a face brush before this because my skin really does well with manual exfoilation over chemical and i find this goes much faster. my biggest suggestion is to start slow with this or your skin will be irritated and break out, try using it 2x a week and moving to every other day when your skin can handle it. if your skin feels "off" take a few days off instead of aggravating it further. some people will be abe to use it daily and some wont. i do love this before using my retin a and a day or two after to remove flakes retin a causes. it helps the RA penetrate deeper b/c the top layer of dead skin is removed.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools