November 26, 2014 | 1809 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cdhar2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truly, truly, truly, love my Mia! This product makes my skin super smooth and soft. I have had it a little over two weeks now and I love how supple and clean it makes my face feel. I chose this model over the Clarisonic/Clarisonic Plus because it cost a hundred dollars less and based on Youtube reviews, it has longer charge life( I also didn't want to hear the beeping the Clarisonic/Clarisonic Plus makes to tell you when to move on to another part of the face). I purchased the Hope is Beautiful Limited Edition model from Amazon.com for $122 from the seller Makemeheal.

I previously purchased the i-Skin Pore Perfecting System from Sally's (which I loved because it makes your face feel just as soft for $25 with Sally's card/$30 without the card), but it just stopped working after having it less than a year (about 10 months) and I threw out the warranty information, so I couldn't return it to the manufacturer. I was thinking of getting the Olay Pro X (water-resistant) instead, but the Mia is waterproof and has a vented cover that you can put over the brush head, which stops the bristles from bending prematurely, while letting it air dry. The i-Skin bristles always got smooshed when I would store it in my cosmetic bag. I was also afraid that the Pro X might break on me because it was battery operated like the i-Skin (and I also couldn't tell if it came with a cover for the brush head bristles), so I chose the Mia and I am happy with my choice. I even think the bristles are a tiny bit softer on the Mia than the i-Skin, but they are about the same. I have been using it with both the Clarisonic cleanser and my trusty Clinique gel cleanser with similar cleansing results, but I prefer the Clinique. I really liked the i-Skin (I think it might have lasted longer if I removed the batteries after each use, who knows), but I think the Mia is a superior product that should seriously be considered in your decision for a facial cleansing tool.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by justbeverly

I love my MIA. My face looked smoother and more even toned after just a few uses.

I've had it for a few weeks now. I use it in the shower, 1x per day. I found 2x per day was too much. Pores looks smaller. And best of all, my makeup looks smoother.

Definitely a big investment to make but totally worth it.

I got mine on sale at sephora when they had a friends & family 20% coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Ahlexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 2 weeks now, I bought it in purple and I love it. The first 3 days of use I thought did I really buy this, but after two weeks my skin looks pretty good. I don't have any major skin problems, but after using this for two weeks, I noticed my skin looks much more smooth and it has a natural glow to it. It kind of looks like Im wearing a dewy foundation, but it's just the glow the clarisonic mia gives me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by domika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a little over a month...abotu 5 weeks. I have combo/oily skin and get breakouts regulary. So far, this has not stopped the breakouts, but it seriously reduces the healing time. My skin also feels nicely cleansed and softer after using this. I use it every night before bed, but not in the morning. (I'm quite lazy!) I am thinking about trying it in the morning though because my skin texture has gotten much smoother since using it. I use the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel with the Mia. I love the small handle, it's easy to use and the charge lasts me 2 weeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by JuliaS123

The one thing I would say about this, is get it if you have extra money to spend.
I've been using this for quite a few months now and I haven't seen a dramatic change in my skin.
My skin prior to this was small breakouts around that time of the month and combo skin edging on the darker side. I have large pores near and on my nose along with small blackheads.
I use it once a day before bed and use it with my St. Ives Tea Trea cleanser and I find that it does help die down break outs and make my skin smoother but I still have those annoying little blackheads on my nose.
It's not a miracle product, but it's useful. I like how its small enough for travel and the color selection of this, but overall, I wouldn't say this is a holy grail product.
It helps smooth the texture of your skin but a good facial would do that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought the Mia because of it's smaller size for travel. I'd been researching the full sized Clarisonic for some time but hesitant because it was a little expensive. Not to mention the fact I have rosacea and would rather not cause a flare-up on my own accord.

I go through 2 cleansing cycles using the regular cleansing head with a circular motion- avoiding my delicate eye area. If my rosacea is acting up I only do 1 cycle with the delicate cleaning head. Then I apply my night time serums; I mix equal amounts of Josie Maran Argan Oil & Estee Lauder Synchronized Night Repair Serum along with it's matching Eye cream.

I only use the Mia once daily, and that's at night. I have noticed a large reduction in the number of blackheads on my nose, flaking skin on my cheeks, and the occasional pesky white millia bumps near my eyes. My skin feels much more smooth and looks more radiant. I've noticed an overall reduction in the frequency of my rosacea flares also. My night serums absorb more quickly when I use the Mia as opposed to the nights I just wash my face by hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Mia since mid November...so for about 2 months. I have used it every single day since I got it; mostly twice per day. I have noticed significant improvement in the texture of my skin since using; 90% less flakiness (specifically around my nose & between brows), less congestion which means less breakouts & smoother overall appearance. I use the normal brush head & just ordered the buy 2 for $40 deal on Sephora.com. Usually they are $25 each so you can save by buying the two pack. I clean it a couple times per week using antibacterial hand soap & rinsing well. It keeps a charge for about a week before needing a recharge. Two thumbs up...5 stars....whatever... it has made it possible for me to just throw on some Origins VitaZing & leave the house. Enough said...I don't leave the house without makeup on so that says A LOT! It is my favorite beauty product by far & I can't imagine going back to cleaning my face without it.
I have dry skin, easily congested especially on my chin. I use The Body Shop Vitamin E cream cleanser morning & evening. Sometimes if I have a blemish coming on, I'll use my St Ive's Green Tea cleanser.
I don't push it into my skin, I just hold it to my face & let the technology do it's thing. Don't press it into your skin as that's what may be causing people to get irritated or get the broken capillaries. If you have the Sonicare toothbrush (which I do & it is equally phenomenal) then you should know it's the same concept.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow. After reading all the client reviews written here by users that have similar skin issues as myself, I decided to give the Mia a try. I was always curious about the regular Clarisonic brush, but was apprehensive to try it because of the hefty price tag. For those of you out there that feel the same way, the Mia is a great place to start. I have fairly dry skin and would be prone to monthly breakouts on my forehead, cheeks and chin whenever I approach my cycle. Sometimes those breakouts would be pretty bad. I also had blackheads on my nose that not even those Biore strips could take care of and slightly enlarged pores on my cheeks. I had survived my adolescence and a large part of my twenties (I'm 28) with very few breakouts to speak of, but the last couple of years my skin went absolutely berserk. Well, after using the Mia twice daily for about a month with my Neutrogena Visibly Even cleanser (HG!), all of those problems are a thing of the past. It almost completely eliminated the blackheads on my nose, shrunk my pores, evened out my complexion and prevented any breakouts I would have had as a result of my monthly cycle. My skin absolutely GLOWS. It's important to note that I remove my makeup and completely cleanse my face before I use the Mia. As another reviewer mentioned, I prefer to use it during a hot shower when my pores have opened up for a really deep clean.

This brush is absolutely worth every single penny. With twice daily use the charge lasts me about a week. I might even want to try the regular brush with the different interchangeable heads in the future. Clarisonic has a fan for life.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I finally caved in and bought this little device at a hefty price tag ($189 at Sephora Canada). I'm still on the fence about this gadget, I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before deciding it's not worth the money. I've had it for almost two weeks and I use it day and night with the sensitive brush head. It does make my skin really soft and smooth but then again, I could achieve the same results with an exfoliant. It doesn't irritate skin and although my pores have not disappeared, they do appear smaller. I'm not sure it's really helping clear out my skin though - it seemed to have smoothed out some of the bumps but also creating new breakouts. I'm not sure at this point whether my skin is purging and will eventually get better so I am going to give it some more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jennuscfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is expensive but very well worth it. Im not sure how I went so long without it. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this does not bother it. It takes all of my makeup off without making my face too dry. I honestly beleive that it does help products absorb better after using it. I havent had as many break outs since I began using it and dont have to use a scrub or anything, this mia does the job! I highly recommend.