October 20, 2014 | 2003 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow. After reading all the client reviews written here by users that have similar skin issues as myself, I decided to give the Mia a try. I was always curious about the regular Clarisonic brush, but was apprehensive to try it because of the hefty price tag. For those of you out there that feel the same way, the Mia is a great place to start. I have fairly dry skin and would be prone to monthly breakouts on my forehead, cheeks and chin whenever I approach my cycle. Sometimes those breakouts would be pretty bad. I also had blackheads on my nose that not even those Biore strips could take care of and slightly enlarged pores on my cheeks. I had survived my adolescence and a large part of my twenties (I'm 28) with very few breakouts to speak of, but the last couple of years my skin went absolutely berserk. Well, after using the Mia twice daily for about a month with my Neutrogena Visibly Even cleanser (HG!), all of those problems are a thing of the past. It almost completely eliminated the blackheads on my nose, shrunk my pores, evened out my complexion and prevented any breakouts I would have had as a result of my monthly cycle. My skin absolutely GLOWS. It's important to note that I remove my makeup and completely cleanse my face before I use the Mia. As another reviewer mentioned, I prefer to use it during a hot shower when my pores have opened up for a really deep clean.

This brush is absolutely worth every single penny. With twice daily use the charge lasts me about a week. I might even want to try the regular brush with the different interchangeable heads in the future. Clarisonic has a fan for life.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I finally caved in and bought this little device at a hefty price tag ($189 at Sephora Canada). I'm still on the fence about this gadget, I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before deciding it's not worth the money. I've had it for almost two weeks and I use it day and night with the sensitive brush head. It does make my skin really soft and smooth but then again, I could achieve the same results with an exfoliant. It doesn't irritate skin and although my pores have not disappeared, they do appear smaller. I'm not sure it's really helping clear out my skin though - it seemed to have smoothed out some of the bumps but also creating new breakouts. I'm not sure at this point whether my skin is purging and will eventually get better so I am going to give it some more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jennuscfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is expensive but very well worth it. Im not sure how I went so long without it. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this does not bother it. It takes all of my makeup off without making my face too dry. I honestly beleive that it does help products absorb better after using it. I havent had as many break outs since I began using it and dont have to use a scrub or anything, this mia does the job! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Mia for a month. I LOVE IT!

I almost choked on the price, even with 20% off from Ulta. I have very sensitive skin and the Mia cleans it without irritating it. I have dermatitis, so the skin around my nose and brows likes to peel. The Mia gets all the dead skin off without hurting my skin.

Like most people here, I don't use the cleanser included. I use my CeraVe cleanser instead. My skin is so much brighter and I have not gotten a zit since I used this! I still get blackheads now and then, but they are much less with the Mia. With the cold weather, I haven't been able to use a lot of makeup on my face. Luckily I can go without foundation with the Mia. My skin was OK before the Mia, now it's awesome.

The Mia is a bit less $ than the regular Clairsonic, but I promise it is not a step down. It's just right and gets the job done, and no bulky charger takes up space in the bathroom.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. It totally lives up to all the hype. It was expensive, but I got it for Christmas. Still, for a product you use every day, it makes the cost worth it. My skin feels smoother and cleaner than ever. It removes all my makeup, is safe to take in the shower, stays charged all week (using twice a day), is easy to clean (I lather the brush with Dove soap once a day), and has helped my skin look its most radiant. I use Dove soap as my cleanser. I get compliments on my skin since I started using this. If you can do a splurge, this is what you should get. Your skin is worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product though Iíve only been using this for a week. Already Iíve noticed that my complexion seems more even, my skin feels softer and seems more Ďclearí (or maybe glowing, Iím not sure how to describe it actually). I will update as usual once I've been using it for around a month.

I did a lot of research on this before I bought it as I have sensitive skin and rosacea and while I wanted something that would thoroughly exfoliate my skin, I didn't want anything which would cause irritation. I found a lot of helpful advice which helped me figure out how use this the best way for me. Here's an overview:

1) If you have sensitive skin, don't use the cleanser which comes with it.
2) Don't change the skincare products that you use at the same time as starting this, you won't be able to tell what you're reacting to if you do.
3) Stop using any other exfoliant. You donít need it and over exfoliating will damage the acid mantle of your skin.
4) Don't use at the same time as strong treatments (e.g. benzoyl peroxide) as this really does increase absorbtion.
5) Only use it for the prescribed timings - it might feel like it's not doing a lot while youíre using it, but it really is as youíll feel afterwards.

Here's my routine (remember, sensitive, rosacea skin), itís important to note I use it only once a day and have shifted all non moisturising treatments to the morning so I'm not applying them after this (e.g. emc2 with is a benzoyl peroxide treatment):

1) Dampen skin with wet hands
2) Spread Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk over face
3) Follow the directions recommended with the Clarisonic (20 secs forehead, 20 secs nose and chin, 10 secs each cheek)
4) Compress off cleanser with warm water and lavender bath compress (normal dr. H routine)
5) Rise with remaining water then splash with cold water(normal dr. H routine)
6) Apply estee lauder advanced night repair synchronised serum and eye gel
7) Wait 5 mins, apply Oilatum natural face repair

I only wish that a body brush was available for this like with the pro version. I donít mind at all purchasing things separately, just the option would be nice :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by nartime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only have one thing to say, I almost NEVER write reviews....GET ONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Lia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this! I've been using it for about a month and I can't believe how clean this makes my skin feel, it's great. It's a bit expensive but definitely a good investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the Mia about 3 weeks ago and let me say that I have always had problems with acne, whether it be a minor blemish one morning or a total break out, for the past ten years.I always wash off my makeup at night, but the first time I used the Mia.. i was instantly hooked! seriously- i wouldn't say that it clears acne, but it definately cleans your skin 100%..which has led to me having less breakouts! When I tone now, there is hardly any or no left over makeup on my face after I have washed it with the Mia..also makes my skin really soft. The only reason I give 4 stars is bc the price to maintain it is about 30$ every couple months because the brush head has to be replaced from time to time.
Update: Initially I LOVED the Mia, and I still do.. but a few things to note: the brush stains easily from washing off my liquid foundation, I have tried several times to clean it, but it is pretty hopeless. Also, I purchased a wash rag from Walmart ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Bath-Source-Clean-Weave-Wash-Cloth-1-ct/10322257 ) and have been using it rather than my MIA lately and it is AMAZING! takes my makeup off just as well, exfoliates my skin, and keeps my skin smooth.. I don't even know if I am going to buy a replacement brush head for my MIA now that I found a cheaper alternative..we'll see..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by aweyhrauch

So I think its about time that I write a review. I was holding off until I had used the product for awhile. Anyways! I LOVE my clarisonic skin cleanser. I use it twice a day (morning+night). It removes so much extra makeup that scrubbing with your hands can't do. My face feels so clean afterwords. Like every pore is open and breathing.

It helps absorb products much better like moisturizer. It has helped my acne EXTREMELY. Anyone who is having a problem with acne and cannot find a solution I suggest buying this. It has completely stopped pimples from forming. I am still dealing with bigger ones that I have had for awhile, but they are going away! Also, some have said they brake out a little when first using this, happened to me. But nothing that was unmanageable. Just a few small ones here and there.

It is a little more expensive, but buy on AMAZON, not on the clarisonic website. You'll save money. I ordered mine from the name Skincare RX on amazon and got some free sample products.
Overall, I love this and it was totally worth the money. I am so happy that my skin is clearing up after thinking that nothing would work, my clairsonic skin care cleanser did.