July 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a bummer, this foundation! I want to try this for soooo long and now i've done... Where's the glow?? I think it's a matte foundation, no glow seen here! I don't get the hype, very overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I will never use anything else on my face. I don't even care about the price. I am extremely fair and siberia matches me perfectly. I would describe the finish as more satin than glow. I actually dont care that it doesn't have a pump, I can control the product just fine without one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nars Sheerglow is my favorite liquid foundation. I wear the shade Mont Blanc (NW20) and it matches nicely, maybe a tiny bit too light? But I think the next shade down might be too dark.

I agree with the poster below who says the name Sheer Glow is deceptive because it actually has quite a lot of coverage. I would say medium to heavy if built up. It doesn't cake though, and looks pretty natural - the formula is great. It sits nicely on your skin, and it seems quite moisturising. I never get dry patches using this foundation.

The only negatives about it are the price (in Australia it retails for $99! I get mine online from the US) and the bottle - would be much better with a pump. That's why I give it four stars instead of the five stars the product itself actually deserves.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by theNYues

NARS Sheer Glow foundation is on the pricier side for a foundation however given the the quality of the foundation I must say that I don't regret my purchase. The name "Sheer Glow" may be a little deceiving cause it actuallly is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I would consider this at least a medium coverage foundation. I use maybe a pea size amount to cover my whole face and it spreads out easily and evenly whether you were to use a foundation brush or your fingers.
I think compared to other creamier, thicker consistency foundations such as Estee Lauder double wear this foundation covers redness and evens out my skintone equally as well without giving a heavy "mask" feeling.
Since this foundation gives a dewy glow finish to your skin if you do not like this effect on your t-zone I would recommend dusting a little bit of powder after foundation application. From my experience MAC blot powder worked really well and you only need a little bit.
For reference, I am NC 20-25 in MAC foundations and I was color matched for "Fiji" for NARS Sheer Glow.
Also you can purchase a pump at the NARS website. It is much easier to dispense the amount of foundation you want with a pump rather than pouring it directly out of the bottle and you end up not wasting a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointed by this product. Even though sheer, the foundation felt greasy and heavy on my face. I have oily skin and it made my face feel even oilier.

I am sure if your skin is not oily this would be a good option for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Imazul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too many reviews to read. So I'm gonna get straight to the point. [i have mixed feelings towards this]

Pros:
-Didn't break me out (i have the acniest pronest skin)
UPDATE****
broke me out. don't use it anymore...i didnt even use half the product :[

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really excited to buy this foundation as I heard raving reviews from friends and family alike. When I applied this foundation however, my face (particularly my forehead) looked like a giant grease ball. I was only going for the soft glowy look. Next time, maybe I'll try the sheer matte instead. Lastly, the bottle bugs me because for the $42 you spend, they might as well provide a pump to go along with it. Oh well....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by red77tube

I'm a huge fan of NARS products but the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation was a huge disappointment. Everyone's skin is different so I'm sure the raving reviews that others have given this product were indeed deserved with how it worked for them. I've tried around 20 different foundations so far and the NARS Sheer Glow finishes last for me in terms of coverage and staying power. Many of the negative reviews on here all say the Sheer Glow is heavy, I completely disagree, the consistency is very light and fluid, in fact, it's the thinest liquid foundation I've ever tried. That's not a minus for me, where this product falls flat is its blendability and the streakiness of the final result. I've not tried every technique in applying this foundation, so if I find a winning combo, I'll do an updated review. However, I tend to feel like a good foundation should apply well with fingers. I also didn't use a makeup primer, as I like to get a feel for a foundations true staying power and appearance without support from other products.

In terms of staying-power, I felt like Sheer Glow didn't really 'sink' into my skin and just sat on top of it as a layer. Due to this, it seemed like any slight feather contact was enough to disturb the foundation and make it patchy. It's staying power for me was rather weak, despite me wearing powder on top of it and having normal to dry skin. Also, I found that this foundation emphasises ANY dryness you may have. I exfoliate my skin daily and use good moisturizers, yet Sheer Glow was apparently showing me things I didn't even know about my skin. Since foundation is supposed to make your skin look better, not worse, I was very disappointed by this product, especially given how much I love NARS products.

The one positive thing about this foundation was that the colour I purchased, Gobi, is a wonderful match for my skin. I think the Sheer Glow foundations have some of the most realistic tones available, so if they work for you, then consider yourself lucky! I'm on the fair side but have a lot of yellow in my skin, which I need to match to. On Top of that, my face has redness, so I need a foundation that is practically Crayola Crayon Yellow (ok, not quite that yellow but you get the point), and Gobi is a beautiful shade that works for my skin and balances out redness too. I have all my foundations fanned out next to eachother and all my other ones just are not as pretty, colour-wise, as the NARS one. I wish this product could have worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by diorchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation, hands down!!!! The price is definitely worth it for me. I have combination skin and this foundation does not get oily on me (always use a light powder) and the finish is just so beautiful. My shade is Macao and I wear Nw43 in Mac foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Ewabili

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To date I've tried Mac Studio finish, CoverGirl Simply Ageless, Teint Miracle and CoverGirl Natureluxe and out of them all Nars is the most difficult and the most temperamental foundation I've used!!! You really have to be a makeup artist to use this one, or at least know all the tricks. If you're new to foundations and want to use Nars, you better read this!!!

I got it in Siberia and it was the second foundation I've used in my life (started using foundation at age 33) right after Simply Ageless. I was really overdoing it because this is a really heavily pigmented foundation and it turned my face into a pale mask (even if the foundation matches my skin-tone). It's best yo use a light hand when applying it, I use my fingers I found the best way to do this is to dab very tiny smudges all over your face at regular intervals and then blend it in by patting them in by pushing lightly downward in a circular pattern. Then dab some more into problem areas. DO NOT SMEAR because it will look awful and it's so thick it will leave streaks (yes my fingerprints made streaks)! Even though there is nothing sheer about sheer glow it didn't break me out.

The coverage is medium to heavy and quite good but make sure to contour, blush or use illuminating products to ad some colour modulation because the coverage is so good that it evens out skin into a flat same colour zone.

If you have large pores avoid this one or don't use it in those areas because it will settle into anything too large, into heavy wrinkles or into the fine lines around the eyes.

If you have dry skin, I suggest you moisturize it really, really well because this foundation will make any dry flake or patch stand out even if they are not noticeable (most high coverage foundation do this). I wasn't' about to throw out a 58$CAN foundation, so I upped my moisturizing with Pangea Organics oil in my moisturizer and this did the trick, better than any primer that I tried before intensifying my moisturizing.

I use it with Teint Miracle, I put Teint miracle into the pore enlarged T-Zone area and NARS everywhere else and on acne scars or problem areas. I chose the Teint Miracle foundation a tad darker so I avoid that even coloured mask feeling.

I'm kinda confused because at 58$ this is not a "young" price-point and I'm pretty sure that this foundation works really well on young, fresh and already good skin.