September 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff. This is the first product that has actually penetrated my hair and helped make it stronger rather than just coating it.

I will be buying this for life!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away! After reading the reviews i decided to get the 3.4 oz bottle off ebay ($27) I was so excited to try it out as soon as possible. I have tons of long, platinum blonde hair that is dry and frizzy without lots of attention. I usually use about 3 products in it every time i wash my hair. This one product alone has made my hair smoother and softer than it has been in years! Glossy, bouncy and just so SMOOTH! After towel drying my hair well i pour a nickel sized blob into my palm and rub my hands together, distribute evenly through my hair concentrating on the ends and then blow dry. It makes hair dry faster and the softness is instant. Also, this keeps my hair smooth until i wash it again! Usually my hair is rough and tangley by the next morning and looks dull. With this it stayed swingy and glowy so long i had to make myself wash my hair! The best thing about this product so far however is the compliments on how my hair smells! In two days i got five different comments! Pretty much every hug i got ended in 'mmmm your hair smells so good!' friends, boyfriend, even one of my hair stylist friends asked what shampoo i was using. I was so surprised especially because straight out of the bottle the smell seemed like nothing special. I really reccomend this, i have shelves and shelves of hair products and NONE of them hold a candle to morrocanoil! Definitely worth the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually have the hair mask. It smells gorgeous, sinks in like a dream, and made my hair very glossy. It was a bit expensive but I consider it a worthy investment. My next goal is to buy the hair oil. Argan oil is very expensive to get, so that also justifies the price. I found mine at a Pure Beauty supply store. It comes in a turquoise and brown jar. There is a silicone (dimethicone), but nothing a good clarifying shampoo can't remove. edit: Well, I bought the oil. It is by no means a miracle product for me, but it softens and tames frizz lightly. I notice a bigger difference when i'm flat-ironing my hair. It is shinier and stays smoother without feeling greasy. I also love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using Moroccan Oil has become a beauty ritual for me. I bought this product five months ago from my hair salon and itís become a lovely part of the boring task of drying my hair. I carefully pour a teensy tiny amount of oil from the dark brown, glass bottle (I like its old-school, apothecary-style) into my palm until it spreads into a thin, dime-sized blob and massage it into the ends of my hair. It absorbs easily into my hair and I adore the smell, which I would say is Oriental. My hair is very low maintenance as I have short, straight, Chinese hair that is currently not coloured. I like my hair to look super healthy and shiny, with no flyaways. Iím not a hair product addict (I might treat myself to a Bumble & Bumble product at my salon once in a blue moon) and I have to admit I balked when I heard the price (CDN $40 incl. taxes!), but Iím happy with this purchase. This product didnít revolutionize my hair, but it did make it shinier, softer and delicious smelling. As only need a tiny amount is required for use, I can rationalize the price as this bottle will last me two years. Interesting fact: Moroccan Oil is made in Israel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I have the best hair stylist in the world, and he gave me a full size bottle of this for free. I was so pumped because I wanted it anyway, and was about to spend $42 on it.
I pictured myself with long, flowing, glossy Blake Lively-esque hair after this...and am still waiting for that result. The pros: It smells great, applies to hair easily, and adds shine.
The cons: It's super expensive, the twist off cap is a nightmare, and it did nothing for my frizz. I guess I expected too much...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by bbissett

I love this product! It worked so well for me that I bought the hydrating lotion and the mask. Out of the blue one day, my sister (she lives on the East Coast and I live on the West Coast) asked me if I ever heard of Moroccan Oil. She never talks about beauty products, period. When I visited at Christmas time, her long, super dark, extra thick and extra coarse hair looked amazing and she was hooked. She has never made a big deal out of a product but this one caught her attention and has earned her loyalty, especially since she lives in a high humidity area that wreaks havoc on even the most celebrated hair straighteners (short of thermal salon straightening). At least that has been our experience. I live in one of the rainiest parts of the country. It works equally as well on my blonde highlighted hair (which can be a challenge to get that great like glass reflective shine). My hair is not superthick like my sister's hair, but I have lots of hair which makes it look thick, so some products can actually make it look flat, but not the Moroccan Oil. I'm thinking of trying Living Proof No More Frizz under the Moroccan Oil to see what is the ultimate for hair health, but for now Moroccan Oil makes my hair and my sister's hair look soft, silky and shine-alicious in the most amazing way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by green75604

This stuff is the best EVER!!! My hairdresser which is my boyfriends sister, started working at a new place and she knows I have the hardest time keeping my frizz down and my hair gets really oilly at the end of the day at times, so when i saw what new stuff she was trying on my hair i wasn't sure it would work for me. Well the next day i when out and used my last $$$ to get it, I can't believe I have been seen with out this stuff, even after I washed my hair it was still soft. MoroccanOil is alcohol-free and has a it feel weightless with no build up. Softens thick unmanageable hair and restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair. Instantly absorbed into the hair, this product eliminates frizz, speeds up styling time by 40%, and provides long-term conditioning to all hair types. Moroccan Oil contains a unique formula that strengthens brittle hair while promoting healing to the hair. Also provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring and styling. Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp. Moroccanoil nourishes the scalp by alleviating itchy, dry scalps. Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors. Reduces drying time. To make it sort I LOVE THIS STUFF

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Moroccanoil for 4 weeks. My stylist has been using it on my hair the last two times I went in and I found I could not stop touching my hair. I really don't have many hair issues...thick, slightly coarse hair that is colored and highlighted. I simply hold the bottle on the palm of my hand and tip it over to dispense a nickel sized amount. I massage this into towel dried hair for about 30 seconds. At first it feels like some product in your hair but that soon disappears. I let my hair air dry for about 30 minutes before I blow dry and use a curling iron for touch up. With Moroccanoil your hair drys much faster (air drying or hair dryer) it is smooth as silk with no frizzies. It has great shine and manageability and body. I think this is the most useful product I have ever used. I cannot wait to try this in the humid summer months as that is when my hair gets really frizzy. It also seems that my color is lasting much longer than in the past. It is very expensive but you use very little and you can find it for a better price on the bay. They would be smart to put a reducer cap in the bottle for easier dispensing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product everyday for over a month, both alone and in conjunction with other products, and I've been really unhappy with it. So many of my favorite beauty bloggers raved on and on about this product, so I was convinced I'd love it, because they've rarely steered me wrong. But it's just not doing anything for me. I don't have bad hair, I flat iron and blow dry my hair everyday, but I don't have a lot of damage. My hair is a bit flyaway and frizzy, and my shiny hair could always stand to be shinier, so I thought this would be a great product. But the results? Morrocanoil doesn't help any more with my flyaways and frizzies than products I've tried from Garnier or Beyond the Zone. It doesn't make my hair feel healthier, and it doesn't look shinier. And despite it's claims, it is possible to overapply and doesn't just absorb instantly, I've had days of too much oiliness because of this product, even though I've tried to be careful (and my hair has never been naturally oily in its life). My hair hasn't been happier, it hasn't been less staticy, it hasn't been less frizzy, it hasn't felt more healthy. I give it a 2 simply because it performs as well as many other products I've tried that are FAR cheaper, if it didn't do anything at all, I would have given it a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by winter09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG this is THE BEST hair product I have come across in probably my entire life. My hairdresser turned me onto it. I have two girls and we all have long thick medium wave hair. The bottle between the 3 of us lasted about six months - this is based on daily use. You only need a minimal amount to work through your hair after washing. Basically you take your hand and cap the opening of the bottle, turn it upside down & then turn back upright - basically, you are only getting the residue that is left on the palm of your hand to work through your hair. It is very nourishing to my hair. I have a problem with split ends when the winter dry months arrive - summer too. This product moisturizes - shines - is not heavy - styling my hair is easier. Sometimes when I go to every other day washes I might apply a little bit on the ends but only if its been really dry out - AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.....I almost dont want the good secret out of the bag! Love it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No